criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Spawn screen timer would SUCK

Imagine you are in a game and you want to change your star cards mid match. If there was a spawn screen it would basically screw anyone experimenting with Star card load outs and making the timer long enough wouldn’t really fix the issue because the only way it could be long enough would defeat the purpose of no hero camping in the first place.
"You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
vader.gif

Replies

• Feelee16
    424 posts Member
    edited January 14
    I'm guessing the timer would stop when looking at Starcards. You can't look for heroes on the Starcards swap screen so they'll be forced to either keep killing themselves for it to restart or play the game
  • I suggested a while ago that would fix the problem. Every 30 seconds spent in the spawn screen would increase battle point prices by 20%
  • Imagine you are in a game and you want to change your star cards mid match. If there was a spawn screen it would basically screw anyone experimenting with Star card load outs and making the timer long enough wouldn’t really fix the issue because the only way it could be long enough would defeat the purpose of no hero camping in the first place.

Imagine that there is people spending 10 minutes in the menù, pressing x on the hero without even care of the objective, just to steal it. Whatever your battle points, most of the time you just can't play as hero because of people like this. Often you can't even win a match because of the people like this. Something as to be done
  • If the timer is 20 seconds thats more than enough time to filp through star cards. You just wanna hug the menu to get a hero
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• If the timer is 20 seconds thats more than enough time to filp through star cards. You just wanna hug the menu to get a hero
    I don’t camp the screen actually. I’m for limiting heroes I just don’t think limiting the spawn screen timer is a good fix
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
    I don’t camp the screen actually. I’m for limiting heroes I just don’t think limiting the spawn screen timer is a good fix

Have a better idea?
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Genin
    120 posts Member
    If the timer is 20 seconds thats more than enough time to filp through star cards. You just wanna hug the menu to get a hero

I don't have any better idea, honestly... But still I don't see anything bad in a 20 seconds timer. It's enought to change whatever you want and, let's be honest, nobody does many cards changes in a single match. It's something that really hits only the menù-campers
  • JMaster
    2381 posts Member
    I feel like there's a system that could alleviate this Star Card issue, I just can't put my finger on it...
    qik3d2czw0l0.png
    If only...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Genin
    120 posts Member
    JMaster wrote: »
    I feel like there's a system that could alleviate this Star Card issue, I just can't put my finger on it...
    qik3d2czw0l0.png
    If only...

I agree with you... The chance to put preset kit for every class would be great. And the limited time in the menu would remove the campers.
  • Smattonellus
    875 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Disagree with op, a timer is needed, or better else a kick for inactivity, 1 minute in the spawn screen? Chances are you are camping, put a timer in there? Chances are you'll simply die instantly to keep camping, so just get kicked, you had no contribute to the match anyway, better get rid of trash