criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Officer Battle points

Replies

• Why is there like 10 officers at the start of every game while the other 10 players are comprised of the other 3 classes? I'll tell ya why, because people love getting free BP for doing nothing.
    1c2aijkfr35s.png

No that can't be it. People just like playing a support role more than anything. They're just obsessed with it :P
  • Why is there like 10 officers at the start of every game while the other 10 players are comprised of the other 3 classes? I'll tell ya why, because people love getting free BP for doing nothing.
    1c2aijkfr35s.png

No that can't be it. People just like playing a support role more than anything. They're just obsessed with it :P

For people who use officer the whole game, that may actually be true. But I'd wager most just want that BP advantage to get to that tiered unit. Hell even I do it. Spawn in as officer then Heavy for the rest of the game🤷
    1c2aijkfr35s.png

For people who use officer the whole game, that may actually be true. But I'd wager most just want that BP advantage to get to that tiered unit. Hell even I do it. Spawn in as officer then Heavy for the rest of the game🤷

Haha yeah I was joking. I'm sure about half the officers don't actually play the class because they like being a support role. The other half genuinely do enjoy it I'd say.
  • If anyone here finds the Officer BP gain really abusive, try him on Co-Op. The gain is ridiculously higher:
    - Considering AI dies faster and there's no cap of how many AIs can die, you have much more enemies to inflict damage on your allies (kicking Officer's Presence), and also to die to your friends (granting assist points from your Command buff targets);
    - Allied AI seem to get the Officer's Bonus stuck, so as long as you are nearby a friendly AI, and your Officer's Presence is granting you points, it won't stop granting points unless you get away from all friendly AI for a time (which is actually pretty hard to do if your team is pushing the enemy and not the other way around);
    - AI has no idea how to deal with enemy turrets, so they just ignore them. Which means you can put one on high ground, with lots of visibility towards the paths enemies take to get to you, and it'll constantly rain blaster bolts and kill enemies for you automatically.

I'll definetly take footage of this, but last time I did that, I jumped into a rock formation of sorts in Ajan Kloss, put a turret there that killed more then 20 enemies for me, while I stayed crouched behind a tree spamming recharge command on my allies, getting its points, the assist points from these allies when they killed enemies, the Officer's Presence points constantly, the points from all kills and assist my almighty turret granted me, while sometimes I would use my ES blurrg to take down some smart AIs that tried to flank us. We were defending, and we won. I didn't move from there for many minutes. At the end my accumulated BP was already past 10K.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • If anyone here finds the Officer BP gain really abusive, try him on Co-Op. The gain is ridiculously higher:
    - Considering AI dies faster and there's no cap of how many AIs can die, you have much more enemies to inflict damage on your allies (kicking Officer's Presence), and also to die to your friends (granting assist points from your Command buff targets);
    - Allied AI seem to get the Officer's Bonus stuck, so as long as you are nearby a friendly AI, and your Officer's Presence is granting you points, it won't stop granting points unless you get away from all friendly AI for a time (which is actually pretty hard to do if your team is pushing the enemy and not the other way around);
    - AI has no idea how to deal with enemy turrets, so they just ignore them. Which means you can put one on high ground, with lots of visibility towards the paths enemies take to get to you, and it'll constantly rain blaster bolts and kill enemies for you automatically.

I'll definetly take footage of this, but last time I did that, I jumped into a rock formation of sorts in Ajan Kloss, put a turret there that killed more then 20 enemies for me, while I stayed crouched behind a tree spamming recharge command on my allies, getting its points, the assist points from these allies when they killed enemies, the Officer's Presence points constantly, the points from all kills and assist my almighty turret granted me, while sometimes I would use my ES blurrg to take down some smart AIs that tried to flank us. We were defending, and we won. I didn't move from there for many minutes. At the end my accumulated BP was already past 10K.

Funny I main officer in CS and GA but hate playing as one in co-op. It's very different playing vs AI and actual players
    Co-op I prefer heavy or assualt and the infiltrators. I've seen people play officer in co op and thought it was weird, I guess they must be bp farming, seems like an odd thing to do in co-op mode. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    If anyone here finds the Officer BP gain really abusive, try him on Co-Op. The gain is ridiculously higher:

Funny I main officer in CS and GA but hate playing as one in co-op. It's very different playing vs AI and actual players
    Co-op I prefer heavy or assualt and the infiltrators. I've seen people play officer in co op and thought it was weird, I guess they must be bp farming, seems like an odd thing to do in co-op mode. 🤷🏼‍♀️

It also grants levels, so they must be leveling their Officers. But BP farming actually makes sense if you want to level a class that costs points but you keep dying with it. You'll need a lot of points in reserve to hop back into that class everytime you die.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
    1c2aijkfr35s.png

There really is no justifying it at this point. Some could get argue that it's because the officer has the SE-44C which is a very good weapon.. but to this extent..? Nah.. no way that many people are picking officer over it. DICE should step in here.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • Chem0
    212 posts Member
    Since the other thread got closed, I'm going to start this new one. Let's see if we can keep it from turning into a dumpster fire. There needs to be a cap on Battle points gained from officer presence. I would say 200 to 300 per use. Preferably 200 when you take into consideration recharge command. I personally have gotten 600 points with a single officer command, and multiple times have gotten 1500+ before a single shot is even fired. This is not balanced.

Officer's Presence is not the problem or the culprit of officer bp gain. Its the assist points from battle command.

This. Officer presence has been herfed and capped already. It used to heal everyone around you. Now it only heals few allies at the time and only gives you points from those few.
    And seems like the problem is assist points from commands, well you can cheese lots of assists with assault too.
  • Chem0 wrote: »
    Since the other thread got closed, I'm going to start this new one. Let's see if we can keep it from turning into a dumpster fire. There needs to be a cap on Battle points gained from officer presence. I would say 200 to 300 per use. Preferably 200 when you take into consideration recharge command. I personally have gotten 600 points with a single officer command, and multiple times have gotten 1500+ before a single shot is even fired. This is not balanced.

Officer's Presence is not the problem or the culprit of officer bp gain. Its the assist points from battle command.

This. Officer presence has been herfed and capped already. It used to heal everyone around you. Now it only heals few allies at the time and only gives you points from those few.
    And seems like the problem is assist points from commands, well you can cheese lots of assists with assault too.

It was an error on my part to say officer presence. I meant Battle Command.
  • Chem0
    212 posts Member
    Chem0 wrote: »

OK then. And one thing for the commands. Point gain greatly depends on who you buff. Doesnt really give you much if the guy you buffed don't do anything versus you push the objective with competent team mates and keep their CD's short with recharge command.
    Well atleast that is how I play officer.

OK then. And one thing for the commands. Point gain greatly depends on who you buff. Doesnt really give you much if the guy you buffed don't do anything versus you push the objective with competent team mates and keep their CD's short with recharge command.

The issue in question in this thread is not assist points. It's start of game points. I'm fine with assist points. I can spawn in, buff 17 team mates, be recharged, do it again, then buff 6 more teamamtes, get two or three kills and have a hero. Takes around 60 seconds under the right circumstances, give or take. No other class has that potential and people cheese the officer to race to a hero quicker. That's the issue.
  • Chem0
    212 posts Member

The issue in question in this thread is not assist points. It's start of game points. I'm fine with assist points. I can spawn in, buff 17 team mates, be recharged, do it again, then buff 6 more teamamtes, get two or three kills and have a hero. Takes around 60 seconds under the right circumstances, give or take. No other class has that potential and people cheese the officer to race to a hero quicker. That's the issue.

Just buffing few times doesnt make it. Those guys have to gain kills too to give you assist points or you have to do that yourself. And like you said it greatly depends on the right circumstances.

And as for solution. I would increase other classes BP gain rather than nerf officer. Say other classes BH card gives 30% more BP as officer gets 20% more.
  • Ok so I just recorded a Co-Op match. I used an Officer with Officer's Presence and Recharge Command. 16 minutes of match, as Dark Side, we won. Full team, but nobody was in a group with me.

I killed 29 enemies and assisted in killing 29 other for a total of 58 eliminations. I got second place with 49K points.

I used my abilities all the time and meleed a few enemies. Other then that I just walked, crouched, dodged, jumped.

I didn't fire a single time

I died a few times, but never spent my BPs. In the end, because of the increased Battle Point gain card, I had 60K BPs:

sm4rpas5i3ri.png

I know Co-Op has more ways to gain points, but you can see my 1000+ Officer's Presence point streak on screen. You can also check the hundreds of points I get from Assists every time I use the Recharge Command.

Did I help my team? Weirdly enough, yes, I helped a lot. But why can't the other 3 classes get that much reward for helping their team as well?
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

post the video of this miracle :D
  • Chico
    669 posts Member

Sadder already did in the other thread 🐣
  • Chico
    669 posts Member
    I like the idea @UhOhItsJus put forward. All abilities are on cooldown at the start of a GA or CS map. No command abuse and also no assault and specialists sprinting to get an advantage. Seems balanced and proportionate to me.

Only issue might be people re-spawning immediately to get abilities back, so would have to restrict that somehow. I wouldn't want to see abilities on cooldown after every re-spawn.
  • Chico wrote: »
    I like the idea @UhOhItsJus put forward. All abilities are on cooldown at the start of a GA or CS map. No command abuse and also no assault and specialists sprinting to get an advantage. Seems balanced and proportionate to me.

Only issue might be people re-spawning immediately to get abilities back, so would have to restrict that somehow. I wouldn't want to see abilities on cooldown after every re-spawn.

Yes I agree. This seems to be the best solution so far and would cover most people's issues with any change to this aspect of the game I'm quite sure.

Yes I agree. This seems to be the best solution so far and would cover most people's issues with any change to this aspect of the game I'm quite sure.

Seems to be a really good solution indeed
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Oh there's already videos of it on YouTube and Reddit but I'll try today if I get a chance. It's not something I've ever recorded.

That's a pretty good idea.
  • Ok so I just recorded a Co-Op match. I used an Officer with Officer's Presence and Recharge Command. 16 minutes of match, as Dark Side, we won. Full team, but nobody was in a group with me.

I killed 29 enemies and assisted in killing 29 other for a total of 58 eliminations. I got second place with 49K points.

I used my abilities all the time and meleed a few enemies. Other then that I just walked, crouched, dodged, jumped.

I died a few times, but never spent my BPs. In the end, because of the increased Battle Point gain card, I had 60K BPs:

sm4rpas5i3ri.png

I know Co-Op has more ways to gain points, but you can see my 1000+ Officer's Presence point streak on screen. You can also check the hundreds of points I get from Assists every time I use the Recharge Command.

Did I help my team? Weirdly enough, yes, I helped a lot. But why can't the other 3 classes get that much reward for helping their team as well?

That's so funny😂😂😂

sm4rpas5i3ri.png

Can I ask .. did you get most of your kills from your turret then?
  • Well if and when DICE does decide to look at the Officer bp gain they should not impact/nerf the other classes abilities at any point in the game.
  • AccurateThings
    1015 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Recharge command really needs a nerf, it has faster cooldown and gives additional points for some reason
  • Recharge command really needs a nerf, it has faster cooldown and gives additional points for some reason

It racks up points really hard because the cooldown reduction lasts 20 seconds and anyone that kills with that going counts towards assists, on top of the fact that people that get their cooldowns refreshed tend to suddenly go on murder sprees and get you even more points.
  • 1500 points is a gross hyperbole, most you ever get is 700-900 points.

False. Under the right circumstances I've gotten 1800. @OOiiHooked_22 as my witness
    jbojnvngzp1w.png

Sadder joker posted a vid in the other thread of him getting 1.6k points in under 30 seconds and before combat started.

False. Under the right circumstances I've gotten 1800. @OOiiHooked_22 as my witness
    jbojnvngzp1w.png

bvftkd3qnrk6.jpeg

Sadder joker posted a vid in the other thread of him getting 1.6k points in under 30 seconds and before combat started.

Yep. I've gotten 1500+ multiple times
    @HankScorpio now pitter patter

Which map/era? That kinda makes a difference.

Also, it’s kinda apples and oranges of other modes. As you’ve pointed out there are other factors that can extremely inflate numbers that would be less likely in CS/GA.

I don’t think I’d use co-op as any indication for balancing purposes. (Great for testing bugs maybe, bad for saying something is out of balance.)

I agree with the premise that other classes should have their BP generation adjusted up instead of officer stuff changed.

I dont agree about the assault and specialist. They have an ability thats unique to them and advantageous. Its not like they get free bp with it. If nothing else they can die faster lol.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Honestly, this is such a ridiculous thing to complain about. I cant believe people are STILL obsessed with it.

I agree that 1,000 BP is substantial. But we’re talking about a few maps on GA, where everyone spawns together and then has to run together to the objective.

And even then were talking about there needing to be a recharge officer buffing the battle command officers at the right time so they get two buffs in a row, then a third one a bit later when people are closer to combat.

It’s not a big deal. All an assault needs to do is fire a scan dart into a crowded room and they’ll get the same amount of points.

I play as whatever class suits the objective at any given time and I regularly get the first hero. And if I dont I certainly dont come to forums and complain that other people beat me to it.

The complaint is that one class has a distinct exploit to get them to the tiered unit the fastest, regardless of how good or bad they play. Many people use this exploit. There are certain people who back right out and quit if they don't get the hero first. Is it a huge deal? No. But it's yet another cheesy, unbalanced mechanic. And let me ask, why do you come to the forums then?
  • Honestly, this is such a ridiculous thing to complain about. I cant believe people are STILL obsessed with it.

I agree that 1,000 BP is substantial. But we’re talking about a few maps on GA, where everyone spawns together and then has to run together to the objective.

And even then were talking about there needing to be a recharge officer buffing the battle command officers at the right time so they get two buffs in a row, then a third one a bit later when people are closer to combat.

It’s not a big deal. All an assault needs to do is fire a scan dart into a crowded room and they’ll get the same amount of points.

I play as whatever class suits the objective at any given time and I regularly get the first hero. And if I dont I certainly dont come to forums and complain that other people beat me to it.
    And let me ask, why do you come to the forums then?
    To complain about people complaining.

I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.

seems reasonable and fair

sm4rpas5i3ri.png

Exactly!

I had posted the match as evidence on another thread I opened just to ask if the officer's BP gain itself should be nerfed, or if all the others should be buffed, as this thread seems to focus more on how fast Officers can get you a Hero or the class you want, instead of if the ways to gain BP of the officer are unnecessary and should be nerfed or if the other base classes should get their own ways instead.

Here it is for reference:

Most of my kills came from the turret, and just a few from the grenade and the eventual melees I used (it certainly wasn't more then 3 melee kills). But what's impressive is the streak of points granted by Inspiring Presence, which is the label for the points gained through Officer's Presence, and by Kill Assists which come from the Command ability (not always though, but most of the time).
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

sm4rpas5i3ri.png

Exactly!

I had posted the match as evidence on another thread I opened just to ask if the officer's BP gain itself should be nerfed, or if all the others should be buffed, as this thread seems to focus more on how fast Officers can get you a Hero or the class you want, instead of if the ways to gain BP of the officer are unnecessary and should be nerfed or if the other base classes should get their own ways instead.

Most of my kills came from the turret, and just a few from the grenade and the eventual melees I used (it certainly wasn't more then 3 melee kills). But what's impressive is the streak of points granted by Inspiring Presence, which is the label for the points gained through Officer's Presence, and by Kill Assists which come from the Command ability (not always though, but most of the time).

Yea idk if it’s intentional or it’s a bug but me and @IXPrometheusXI had inspiring presence working the WHOLE game of a CS match. We probably racking up 10k + battle points from that card alone. We were all playing(canping) together and it wouldn’t stop. Even in a tank it was working.

A few maps? Haha I count 8. there's kamino, star killer, death star, Tatooine, geonosis, takodana, jakku, and most of the group also stays together on Endor as well for empire. So that's more than half the maps.

Also you can always get 2 buffs before combat if you just do a respawn. You don't need a recharge for it.

The assault scan dart suggestion you made has to do be done when enemies are around, so it therefore actually serves a purpose... If it wasn't buffed and actually revealed enemies. The health buff can be used before combat even begins and is therefore useless to anyone who receives it.
  • xeynx wrote: »
    Ok so I just recorded a Co-Op match. I used an Officer with Officer's Presence and Recharge Command. 16 minutes of match, as Dark Side, we won. Full team, but nobody was in a group with me.

Which map/era? That kinda makes a difference.

Also, it’s kinda apples and oranges of other modes. As you’ve pointed out there are other factors that can extremely inflate numbers that would be less likely in CS/GA.

I don’t think I’d use co-op as any indication for balancing purposes. (Great for testing bugs maybe, bad for saying something is out of balance.)

I agree with the premise that other classes should have their BP generation adjusted up instead of officer stuff changed.

We don't need to speculate, the only thing required is to get to the footage and separate what matters and what doesn't. My streaks of 1000+ points due to Officer's Presence and Recharge Command seem to prove how fast the Officer's BP gain is.

Here it is BTW, in my post above:
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

I dont agree about the assault and specialist. They have an ability thats unique to them and advantageous. Its not like they get free bp with it. If nothing else they can die faster lol.

Yes but they also get to the obj faster.

Oh well well well. Look who's finally on board.

sm4rpas5i3ri.png

Exactly!

Yea idk if it’s intentional or it’s a bug but me and @IXPrometheusXI had inspiring presence working the WHOLE game of a CS match. We probably racking up 10k + battle points from that card alone. We were all playing(canping) together and it wouldn’t stop. Even in a tank it was working.

It was wierd cause we all sat around at the back of the ship and we still got like a steady 10 point gain every second
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Seems boring. Why not just eliminate the classes then if people want to be restricting their abilities even if it’s for the first :30. Each class has it’s strengths and weakness. Nerfing the other classes because some are abusing the Officer class is not the way to go. Each faction has the same 4 classes so no faction has an advantage. Each faction is going to have Assault and Specialists using their abilities to get to the objective first. What’s the problem with that? Been like that since launch and now it needs to be changed due to the Officer class? Really?

If people want to nerf the Officer wouldn’t the best option be to just reduce the amount of bp’s the Officer gains without impacting other classes?

So does the other team.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Chico
    669 posts Member
    Chico wrote: »

When a specialist beats you to the rocket launcher and then takes it away from the objective. That's when you care. Costs me a couple of thousand BP'S every time that happens.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3724 posts Member
    edited January 17

When a specialist beats you to the rocket launcher and then takes it away from the objective. That's when you care. Costs me a couple of thousand BP'S every time that happens.

Then pick a specialist too. And it doesnt matter much, it only gives 250 bp, you can pick just a heavy and gain 2k bp with just an Explosive sentry.

The point of those abilities is to gain tactical advantage.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

So does the other team.

Huh? This a discussion about the 4 classes and how their battlepoint gaining ability compares to one another. It's nothing to do with team vs team. Me saying that assault and specialist get to the objective faster was because it means that is a way in which those 2 classes could start recieving battlepoints for objective play before the other 2 classes on their team could.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3724 posts Member
    edited January 17

So does the other team.

Huh? This a discussion about the 4 classes and how their battlepoint gaining ability compares to one another. It's nothing to do with team vs team. Me saying that assault and specialist get to the objective faster was because it means that is a way in which those 2 classes could start recieving battlepoints for objective play before the other 2 classes on their team could.

Yeah thats in a scenario where the other team has nothing but heavies and officers, so they cant reach the objective faster as well.

You team assaults or specialist might reach it first, but so can the other team. They might even die first, and at end they would gain nothing.

Also Specialist and Assaults get BP the slowest, so its fair.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Chico
    669 posts Member

Then pick a specialist too. And it doesnt matter much, it only gives 250 bp, you can pick just a heavy and gain 2k bp with just an Explosive sentry.

The point of those abilities is to gain tactical advantage.

I do play heavy with explosive sentry, no way will I pick specialist as the shooting the objective points are garbage. And you get 500 BP, 200 for picking up and 300 for launching. But if a specialist has picked up the launcher and taken it back towards our spawn, I'm not getting any points for shooting the objective am I?