criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

RED ALERT: General Grievous is currently a WASTED opportunity and that could be bad news for Ahsoka.

Prev13
David1543
736 posts Member
edited January 20
x0rh9dpjmucy.gif

General Grievous, is a 4 armed cyborg who is capable of wielding 4 sabers with each of his hands in combat. Yet he was designed in the most boring, uninspired, lamest way possible. He has like two, maybe three different generic base attack animations, and probably is the least interesting character to use in the game when It comes to gameplay.

Dice, I urge you to do a complete revamp of Grievous base attacks, It is simply not good enough. Grievous should be one of the most unique combatants of the entire game as he is in the Star Wars canon. Why can't he pull out his 4 arms at once while attacking an enemy? Thrust surge and unrelenting advance are cool and all but these limited timed abilities don't showcase what grievous is really fully capable of doing as a warrior. A 12 year old game did a better job in designing Grievous and he sure as hell was far more fun to play as.

And this very example of how grievous was designed by Dice makes me wonder, how can people say that Ahsoka should be added over other characters, because of the fact she ultilizes two lightsabers, as if that would make her any more unique? Grievous is a FOUR armed fighter and the most generic fighter of the game. Let's change this immediately Devs. @F8RGE @EA_Tom

IF YOU AGREE: Hit insightful, agree, or like.
Post edited by David1543 on

Replies

• ROMG4
    4112 posts Member
    edited January 18

All I see is Red Alert
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • ROMG4
    4112 posts Member
    edited January 18
    David1543 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »

All I see is Red Alert

So do you support the cause?

kUhVJJr.gif

This Grievous is lame
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • CC_1010
    3280 posts Member
    Ehh grievance is super unique what are you talking about. He plays like a robot he talks like a robot... what do you want?
  • BlueSpy3DO
    868 posts Member
    edited January 18
    This is why we need OOM-9 and Jar Jar, variety
  • c7susb9
    70 posts Member
    edited January 18
    I personally think grievous is great, idk.
  • What does this have to do with succa
  • You... you're throwing everything you've got at us Alex! ...you know we'll retaliate.
  • "General grievous... you're shorter than I expected."
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• David1543 wrote: »
    What does this have to do with succa

If they can't even make Grievous unique, what makes people think Ahsoka will be?

So grievous not having 4 arms means sock is ruined? I mean it’s not like lightsabers are unique, every single one plays the same.
  • I agree that Greeve is stale. His swings are nothing but generic and he uses his 4 sabers on two moves only. The main move being pretty generic too just swinging them in circles that leaves him wide open to attacks from anything but the front.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Saber heroes, saber combat, and heroes in general have gotten enough attention. Just have the hero designer focus on fixing and polishing what we have and let other aspects of the game get attention.

Yea I wouldn't mind that. All I'm really asking is fix grievous animations. People waited too long for this letdown.

I was hoping they would mix this version of him with the 2003 version making him something to fear, more intimidating. Especially with his strikes. Have him feel like a Jedi killer. I just don't feel that with him now
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• while I do agree that he should be using all four arms all the time and would like a few more attack animations and would like unrelenting advance to actually twirl all four sabers instead of just two; grievous is a well designed, unique, and fun character - and his abilities and play style are consistent with his canon character...
  • I think more polishing on his attack animations would be nice. But I don't believe anything else should be changed.
  • Liz4rD
    1180 posts Member
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.
  • You... you're throwing everything you've got at us Alex! ...you know we'll retaliate.

Does no one understand this reference??
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

Maybe to YOU. But grievous is a fan favorite and deserves better treatment.

Well he's a fan favorite to some, me included, but he shoulda got a back story along with Dooku in the clone wars show, so people can actually know who they were beforehand, instead Grievous had even less screen time than what Phasma got, he was killed of within at least the first thirty to forty minutes and then was killed off. It's just a shame he or Dooku didn't get a back story, which is what people expected in the clone wars show, but it didn't happen sadly.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

Well he's a fan favorite to some, me included, but he shoulda got a back story along with Dooku in the clone wars show, so people can actually know who they were beforehand, instead Grievous had even less screen time than what Phasma got, he was killed of within at least the first thirty to forty minutes and then was killed off. It's just a shame he or Dooku didn't get a back story, which is what people expected in the clone wars show, but it didn't happen sadly.

He had a good backstory in the EU, Dave Filoni retconned it with the CW show.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • And then you realize a game from 2005 has more unique animations for Grievous then one from 2017...
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

Yeah but it wasn't elaborated on in it though. Just hinted.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

The EU version? He was fleshed out last I did some reading on his EU version
    hojevrxvarht.png
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

No i mean in the clone wars show, it should've touched more into both his and Dooku's back stories in the clone wars..... and it was left up to the clone wars to do that, and not to leave it up to comics and books that not everyone reads.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

No i mean in the clone wars show, it should've touched more into both his and Dooku's back stories in the clone wars..... and it was left up to the clone wars to do that, and not to leave it up to comics and books that not everyone reads.

Probably wouldn't be good if they covered it, canon grievous completely contradicts EU Grievous who is a far superior version.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • lowell
    2175 posts Member
    Those that want his backstory in canon, he's got one in the "Lair of Grievous" episode

6b5f5c_215a808486a04a269e952df232c8e65f~mv2.webp

(Hint: "A picture is worth a thousand words")

and it was expanded last year in his Age of Republic one-shot from Marvel:
    10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

Probably wouldn't be good if they covered it, canon grievous completely contradicts EU Grievous who is a far superior version.

So what about when Disney did not own Star Wars, and the clone wars show was ongoing, so why did they not add anything more from the old EU in the clone wars show? Grievous in ROTS literally had way less screen time than Phasma, he was in it for like the first thirty to forty minutes of the movie, but was just killed off and was made to look inept in my opinion, even the clone wars did too, especially that part where Ahsoka cuts off his hand, and then in another episode he gets captured by the gungans.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • lowell wrote: »
    Those that want his backstory in canon, he's got one in the "Lair of Grievous" episode

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Yeah i have that comic, though that was really the only episode, but it should've been touched on a bit more than that, same with Dooku.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • lowell
    2175 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Yeah i have that comic, though that was really the only episode, but it should've been touched on a bit more than that, same with Dooku.

They did hint he was probably force-sensitive pre-cyborg stage, could've been Dooku's apprentice instead of Ventress.
  • lowell wrote: »

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

They did hint he was probably force-sensitive pre-cyborg stage, could've been Dooku's apprentice instead of Ventress.

He was???! I didn't know that, after i watched ROTS and just being amazed by Grievous when i was younger, and was looking up and reading about his canon story events at the time.... though i eventually realized as i got older that he was just kinda a waste in ROTS, as was Phasma in TLJ, but heck, she even had more screen time than Grievous did.
    rcar0gljuaad.png

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

He was???! I didn't know that, after i watched ROTS and just being amazed by Grievous when i was younger, and was looking up and reading about his canon story events at the time.... though i eventually realized as i got older that he was just kinda a waste in ROTS, as was Phasma in TLJ, but heck, she even had more screen time than Grievous did.

But of course that doesn't stop me from liking Grievous, just wish his back story could've been touched upon a bit more in the clone wars than just in statues, and wish he maybe could've appeared in AOTC, or in a deleted scene at least, since i remember reading he was actually there, he slashed a bunch of clones in the Geonosian catacombs is what i read.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

So what about when Disney did not own Star Wars, and the clone wars show was ongoing, so why did they not add anything more from the old EU in the clone wars show? Grievous in ROTS literally had way less screen time than Phasma, he was in it for like the first thirty to forty minutes of the movie, but was just killed off and was made to look inept in my opinion, even the clone wars did too, especially that part where Ahsoka cuts off his hand, and then in another episode he gets captured by the gungans.

Probably because they didn't know.

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

EU Grievous wasn't force sensitive, before he was a cyborg he liked and wanted to be a Jedi, after he was blown up and they were constructing him they gave him the blood of a long dead sith (forgot the name) in an attempt to make him force sensitive
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • lowell
    2175 posts Member

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Well, this one-shot shows him having some interaction with the Force, wouldn't be surprised if his Force-sensitivity was stronger pre-cyborg but just untrained.

He's also technically more damaged than Vader was, more cyborg than his original Kaleesh form, thus explains why the Force-sensitivity strength is weakened.

Regarding being Dooku's apprentice, I just think he might have had a shot. In Legends, he was assassinated by Dooku's command in that Visionaries comic thus leading to his cyborg state, but in canon, we don't know how he got to being a cyborg.
  • lowell
    2175 posts Member
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

Probably because they didn't know.

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

EU Grievous wasn't force sensitive, before he was a cyborg he liked and wanted to be a Jedi, after he was blown up and they were constructing him they gave him the blood of a long dead sith (forgot the name) in an attempt to make him force sensitive

No, it was actually Syfo-Dyas's blood being injected into Grievous's body in that Visionaries comic.
  • Everyone saying Grievous is wack, meanwhile I think he's a top 5 hero in the game. I mean for GA btw since hvv is not my thing.
    You... you're throwing everything you've got at us Alex! ...you know we'll retaliate.

No.

You not even played red alert 2?!
    You... you're throwing everything you've got at us Alex! ...you know we'll retaliate.

No.

You not even played red alert 2?!

No. Sounds like a low quality game.

I didn't even know it was possible to be on a gaming forum and not know of the command and conquer games.
  • Some of his light saber strikes are rough, especially his first. But I do like when he cross the blades in a double stroke, but yes... could stand for tweaking.
This discussion has been closed.