criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

RED ALERT: General Grievous is currently a WASTED opportunity and that could be bad news for Ahsoka.

Replies

• bfloo
    16764 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

Maybe to YOU. But grievous is a fan favorite and deserves better treatment.

Well he's a fan favorite to some, me included, but he shoulda got a back story along with Dooku in the clone wars show, so people can actually know who they were beforehand, instead Grievous had even less screen time than what Phasma got, he was killed of within at least the first thirty to forty minutes and then was killed off. It's just a shame he or Dooku didn't get a back story, which is what people expected in the clone wars show, but it didn't happen sadly.

He had a good backstory in the EU, Dave Filoni retconned it with the CW show.

Yeah but it wasn't elaborated on in it though. Just hinted.

The EU version? He was fleshed out last I did some reading on his EU version

No i mean in the clone wars show, it should've touched more into both his and Dooku's back stories in the clone wars..... and it was left up to the clone wars to do that, and not to leave it up to comics and books that not everyone reads.

Not everyone watched cw either.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• David1543 wrote: »
    You... you're throwing everything you've got at us Alex! ...you know we'll retaliate.

Does no one understand this reference??

No.

You not even played red alert 2?!

No. Sounds like a low quality game.

I didn't even know it was possible to be on a gaming forum and not know of the command and conquer games.

Wow disgraceful! I should be ashamed of myself. I'm now going to go delete this account and not come back until I've played and beaten all of them. I am not qualified to be here anymore.

Do you know of starcraft?
  • bfloo
    16764 posts Member
    You... you're throwing everything you've got at us Alex! ...you know we'll retaliate.

No.

I didn't even know it was possible to be on a gaming forum and not know of the command and conquer games.

Wow disgraceful! I should be ashamed of myself. I'm now going to go delete this account and not come back until I've played and beaten all of them. I am not qualified to be here anymore.

I tried it, couldn't get into it

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

No.

The first one or starcraft 2? I can understand not getting into the second one. But the first one was amazing if you were around when it first came out.
  • lowell
    2122 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

Well he's a fan favorite to some, me included, but he shoulda got a back story along with Dooku in the clone wars show, so people can actually know who they were beforehand, instead Grievous had even less screen time than what Phasma got, he was killed of within at least the first thirty to forty minutes and then was killed off. It's just a shame he or Dooku didn't get a back story, which is what people expected in the clone wars show, but it didn't happen sadly.

No i mean in the clone wars show, it should've touched more into both his and Dooku's back stories in the clone wars..... and it was left up to the clone wars to do that, and not to leave it up to comics and books that not everyone reads.

Well, now those who have access to Disney+ and those who haven't delve into the story of the Mandalorians pre-The Mandalorian (including TCW Season 7) can do it now before Season 2 returns in the fall.
  • bfloo
    16764 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

Well, now those who have access to Disney+ and those who haven't delve into the story of the Mandalorians pre-The Mandalorian (including TCW Season 7) can do it now before Season 2 returns in the fall.

Do we really want to cause them that much pain?

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    16764 posts Member

No.

The first one or starcraft 2? I can understand not getting into the second one. But the first one was amazing if you were around when it first came out.

I forget which, I was more into one of the civ's back them and American Conquest or the Warcraft rts. I forget what year each one came out.

h846398gb27k.png

No.

He wasn't born then probably to know of those epic games.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• lowell
    2122 posts Member
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

I mean, some people do want to get the taste of TROS out of their mouth so any other Star Wars content should work.

Plus, once that particular scene in the season finale showed up, people probably looked up the Darksaber or even the Mandalorian and articles popped up telling them what they should know and watch if they wanted to.

Disney+ is basically the all-you-can-stream buffet for Star Wars now and by Celebration Anaheim in August, we should know other animated and unannounced live-action shows being cooked up for the platform.
  • bfloo
    16764 posts Member

No.

The younger ones missed out on a lot of great games.

h846398gb27k.png

• Yeah Grievous attacks are the worst ones ever.

- Swing left.
    - Swing right.
    - Double swing in.
    - Double swing out.

This is the best you can do DICE?

No.

Im 58 years old and I think It's garbage when I look back, not being interested in a crap game is completely irrelevant to what year I was born.

Pretty sure it was the most successful RTS game when it was launched and changed that whole side of the industry. But ok.
  • bfloo
    16764 posts Member

No.

Im 58 years old and I think It's garbage when I look back, not being interested in a crap game is completely irrelevant to what year I was born.

Pretty sure it was the most successful RTS game when it was launched and changed that whole side of the industry. But ok.

If someone doesn't like rts, they aren't going to like it.

I don't like rpg's, and can't think of any I actually enjoyed, much less finished
    Hated KOTOR, just not my thing. Plenty loved it, they aren't wrong

h846398gb27k.png

• Gee 4 sabers? 4 times the damage!
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 19

No.

Honestly, I'd ignore the guy. He seems like a ****. If you want to ignore him, just:

1) click on the gear symbol to the top-right hand corner and select Preferences.
    2) on the new screen, on the right-hand side, select Ignore List.
    3) on the left of the screen there will be an empty field, simply enter: David1543 and push the OK button.

Grats, you've successfully added him to your ignore list. No need to tolerate rude peeps.

As for C&C, they're re-releasing C&C1 and Red Alert 1, I think, as a HD remaster. I don't know when it is scheduled to be released, but it looks pretty cool so far.
  • lowell wrote: »
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

I mean, some people do want to get the taste of TROS out of their mouth so any other Star Wars content should work.

Plus, once that particular scene in the season finale showed up, people probably looked up the Darksaber or even the Mandalorian and articles popped up telling them what they should know and watch if they wanted to.

Disney+ is basically the all-you-can-stream buffet for Star Wars now and by Celebration Anaheim in August, we should know other animated and unannounced live-action shows being cooked up for the platform.

TROS was a great film! Much better than Episodes 1, 2, 3 and 8. Better than Solo. Way better than TCW and Rebels. Seen it 3 times. Loving the taste of it. Nom.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Feelee16
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 19
    @BucksawBoushh I'd honestly take 3 over 9 any day tbh
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• lowell wrote: »
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

TROS was a great film! Much better than Episodes 1, 2, 3 and 8. Better than Solo. Way better than TCW and Rebels. Seen it 3 times. Loving the taste of it. Nom.

Lmao Id watch Solo before Id watch any ST movie again. PT and OT are so much better
  • KZ_Toxic
    455 posts Member
    edited January 19
    Personally, I like him as is. Most of his fighting style I'm familiar with is done two handed. Four sabers was always like a signature move to me, so I like that it's in his abilities. Tho I agree with some of this feedback that his basic swings are a bit off putting, but they do seem accurate for him. Especially in the Ep3 footage.
    Regardless, he's a beast in game he's most aligned with my play style. Aggressive n Relentless.
    AnRchy_77
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    x0rh9dpjmucy.gif

General Grievous, is a 4 armed cyborg who is capable of wielding 4 sabers with each of his hands in combat. Yet he was designed in the most boring, uninspired, lamest way possible. He has like two, maybe three different generic base attack animations, and probably is the least interesting character to use in the game when It comes to gameplay.

Dice, I urge you to do a complete revamp of Grievous base attacks, It is simply not good enough. Grievous should be one of the most unique combatants of the entire game as he is in the Star Wars canon. Why can't he pull out his 4 arms at once while attacking an enemy? Thrust surge and unrelenting advance are cool and all but these limited timed abilities don't showcase what grievous is really fully capable of doing as a warrior. A 12 year old game did a better job in designing Grievous and he sure as hell was far more fun to play as.

And this very example of how grievous was designed by Dice makes me wonder, how can people say that Ahsoka should be added over other characters, because of the fact she ultilizes two lightsabers, as if that would make her any more unique? Grievous is a FOUR armed fighter and the most generic fighter of the game. Let's change this immediately Devs.

The real question is... who cares? The devs wasted an opportunity indeed. The opportunity to add real Star Wars content over the last year instead of the silly Clowns we got all this time.

ny4yeol8gnys.jpeg
  • lowell
    2122 posts Member
    This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

Honestly, it feels too rushed, it needed to be as long as Endgame. The actions in the film moves too fast that I've never had the time to react here and there coherently.

Let's hope Resistance's series finale fills the void that TROS left out. Plus, the three shows all had cameos and nods in the film so that's a bonus:

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Saber heroes, saber combat, and heroes in general have gotten enough attention. Just have the hero designer focus on fixing and polishing what we have and let other aspects of the game get attention.

This must be forwarded to the team and applied by them. After the BB units (I hope are nice but no one asked for) they must ignore putting more heroes into the game and fix bugs. Not those insane balance changes that balance nothing, just BUG fixing. And proper bug fixes, not those 'fixes' that either fix nothing, or bring more issues then we had before.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • ROMG4
    4060 posts Member
    The lack of Red Alert in this thread

Is lame!

No.

I forget which, I was more into one of the civ's back them and American Conquest or the Warcraft rts. I forget what year each one came out.

The Civilization Franchise is one of my favorites of all time. And Civilization IV is the best game ever made IMO. Too bad they like to remove content when they make newer versions. I reached the hardest difficulty on it, and it felt amazing. A real challenge.

No.

The younger ones missed out on a lot of great games.

And they missed something really important: how games had much less BUGs back then. Nowadays we are drowned on buggy games everywhere, and people still buy them en masse. When gaming became mainstream, it lead to this horrible state we live in nowadays.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Is lame!

Yeah well I tried and you didn't even click an interact button!
  • Civ games are cool, but I don't know, my favorite Sid Meier 4X is probably Alpha Centauri.
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    Right bumper (upper right arm) -Hold to block
    Right trigger (lower right arm) -Hold to block
    Left bumper (upper left arm) -Hold to block
    Left trigger (lower left arm) -Hold to block
    (All of them being held down at the same time = spinning block)

C-c-c-Combos!

Ugh.
    Grievous would be a lot more fun to play with if he was inspired by fighting games.
    He also needs his foot kick. (I haven't touched him in a while, I'm guessing he doesn't have one yet.)
    Wknuto!
    Saber heroes, saber combat, and heroes in general have gotten enough attention. Just have the hero designer focus on fixing and polishing what we have and let other aspects of the game get attention.

This must be forwarded to the team and applied by them. After the BB units (I hope are nice but no one asked for) they must ignore putting more heroes into the game and fix bugs. Not those insane balance changes that balance nothing, just BUG fixing. And proper bug fixes, not those 'fixes' that either fix nothing, or bring more issues then we had before.

This thread does none of that. It's just a change for Grievous base animations to resemble more the originals, saying that It doesn't fix anything is a matter of perspective. I often refuse to play grievous because of how boring he feels.

Yeah well, I wasn't giving that much attention to OP's request. I see where he comes from, but it's not something I would support now seeing how many other much more important things need to take precedence. I was just referring to EmpireTW's post alone
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• JMaster
    2476 posts Member
    I've had quite a few ideas for the cyborg... while he's a top tier villain, he's pretty cheap and clunky. I'm still miffed he doesn't have a standard 4-armed mode, and his 4 armed abilities are his clunkiest and buggiest ones. Shame. Funny to see this get tied in with Ahsoka for some reason...
    One of my favorite Star Wars villains- heck, maybe even characters period- Grievous was (and is) a mixed bag for me. I do well with Grievous as a poor hero player, and I usually get a decent killstreak with the Kalee cyborg. On the other hand… a lot of them are admittedly cheezy kills. He’s one of the only characters that can OHK most infantry (with a card, but still), and he has not one but TWO knockdown/stun abilities. And yet… he’s so buggy and unrefined. In a weird way, he’s kind-of reflective of Grievous in universe. He’s clunky, brutish, relying on cheap tricks to do well. But I think the General deserves better.
    Just like Bossk, Grievous’s jump has an alteration to make it more sensical for his character. You have to hold down the jump button and then release to get more height. Neither of the jumps they’ve given him felt right, since again- he’s not a Force user that can push themselves up with the Force to give themselves a greater jump Again, as a “melee” he gets a kick because I love that move from the General. Another little detail I’d love is a slight damage multiplier (like 1.25-1.50) if you hit Grievous in his Gutsack, with a visual indicator like some flames spurting out to show he’s been hit there. I also might increase his blaster bolt blocking stamina slightly, like 7-10 deflections. I’m fine with Grievous having the worst base block, but even then I don’t think it should be that horrific. He’s still bellow everyone else, and has no ability to aim back fire. It would also be nice if his base swings were faster than the ones with “Sith Trained”. Since he’s a largely mechanical being, I’d have Ion Shot and weapons deal more damage to Grievous, like 20-25% more damage.
    In my perfect world… Thrust Surge wouldn’t be a thing. It’s such a gamble of an ability, requiring a lock-on that will either send Grievous rocketing Qui-Gon knows where to knock down an enemy for some cheap saber slashes, or it doesn’t work at all, dealing no damage despite seemingly hitting and/or sending him twirling out of control. If I had my way, Grievous would instead have a toggle between 2 and 4 Lightsabers, the 2 operating as they are currently and the 4 sabers being activated with a trigger/mouse button each (like the Emperor’s lightning attacks). With Four active he deals more damage faster but these drain much more stamina and he doesn’t have a block during this. When he presses both triggers at the same time, that’s his Thrust Surge animation and it would deal double damage (and drain a good third/half of his stamina). BUT… since that’s not likely at all to happen, my other suggested change is that Thrust Surge is Grievous's block-breaker, however it doesn't knock down heroes. It deals half damage on a blocking opponent but drains the block significantly while staggering the block slightly, and deals full damage on an open one (of course). It now deals 200 damage, but I think that’s more fair with both a longer cooldown AND no cheap knockdown for easy hero kills. Of course, nerfs/buffs to this thing is nothing considering how horrendously buggy it is. There are a number of options to help with this… one I’m fond of is that Thrust Surge acts more like Rey’s Dash or Han’s Charge, and that’s another serious rework. Of course, if they could make it work properly as-is, that’d be totally fine.
    Claw Rush can be blocked by Saber wielders now, but this is still the General’s knockdown (for heroes) ONLY if he Zombieland Double-Taps them. It can knock down infantry no problem, but reinforcements will need the tap as well. I do want Grievous to be a tad more vulnerable in this state, perhaps he’s more vulnerable to enemy stuns here?
    Unrelenting Advance needs a lot of work. First is the control scheme for it. I think it’d be much smoother if you only changed the speed with the left stick/W&S keys and changed direction with the right stick/mouse. I think instead of it dealing more damage straight up, it just deals it faster, .25-.5 instead of .75 seconds. I mean, look at how fast they are!
    ck3ma1bcdw7j.gif
    Not to mention he’s alternating the blades, so ideally any unbuffed infantry would get shredded through it. Speaking of faster, Grievous should move as fast as he does when sprinting if not a little faster (like 10-15%). Troopers and heroes usually don’t just walk into your blades, being able to run would make it way more threatening and effective. It’s his premier ability, this should be what people are scared Grievous can do. One idea I have is that normally he walks as is, BUT you can hold the right trigger down and he’ll run forward much faster, at the cost that it’ll drain his ability twice as fast. Complementing that, another idea is that holding the block button causes him to remain completely stationary but he deflects in all directions like in The Clone Wars when he fights Kit Fisto. With changes like that, I don’t think it needs a stagger or anything. It doesn’t need to do increased damage the longer someone says in it, it should just be frightening on it’s own, so I’d remove that feature. It CAN be blocked by saber wielders, but it eats up their stamina like no bodies business (think the drain from blocking a CR-2 or DC-15LE). A lot of hero abilities end up going through it too, it reminds me of Obi-Wan’s Rush which is supposed to be all defensive but you still get damaged or broken out of it half the time. I’d give Grievous some explosive damage reduction during this, like 30-40% base. His only vulnerable area is his backside (of course), and Grievous receives 25% more damage from the back during it if Obi-Wan Mind Tricks him during this. It also now has a buffing cone facing backwards from him that gives comrades behind him either increased damage resistance or output (say, 30%) and blaster cooling/saber stamina (30% as well) to encourage them to push objectives and stick with him. My idea (in GA, at least) is that Grievous is great using his abilities all in a row, for instance Advancing into a chokepoint/objective with his troops, using Thrust Surge for a Hero/Enforcer, and then Rushing out. Whether that’s cowardly or tactical, you tell me. With these buffs in mind, I’d be totally fine with a substantially increased cooldown for it.
    Grievous’s special perk is what his replacement HoK card will be doing, gaining some slight damage resistance for every 100 health he loses for several seconds, then I think he’ll be a bit tankier to offset the increased vulnerability from his Gutsack, Ion weapons, and Force Powers.
    Cards reworked: There’s a few tweaks I’d like to make to Grievous’s set. First, and this is a very unlikely one, the “Sith Trained” Star Card that gives Grievous his increased damage has an added visual cue. To show that Grievous has it equipped, he has all 4 lightsabers out! I doubt there are existing animations that would work with this, but considering his idle screens in the menus have all 4 arms out, it’s such a shame we never see that outside of two clunky abilities. I at least think this is more doable than my ideal re-work of Thrust Surge, oh well. Since I think that Grievous’s damage output from UA would be fine with a higher spin rate, “Deadly Slashes” will now be a card that grants increased active time on the ability with every kill he gets during it. “Cowardly Retreat’s” values are pretty wack, I’d just bring it up to 50-60% reduction at max level. And of course, “Cyborg Rage” will be a card for his 4th ability, granting increased active time for every defeat with it.
    4th ability: “DT-57 Annihilator”- Grievous's modified Heavy DT-57 Blaster Pistol, I thought this would be nice to give him some ranged capability. It is limited time-use where it functions like Leia’s E-11, with a hexagonal timer aside the crosshairs to show how much is left on the ability. It's just a blaster, with fairly high damage (akin to Han’s blaster with more damage drop-off) with a short overheat. During the ability he drops off the radar completely. If these bolts are deflected by Obi-Wan’s Soresu, they deal 20% increased damage back at Grievous.
    Skins: The most obvious one is a caped Revenge of the Sith skin, with his Grey cape and black insignia with a lovely red paisley inside. I remember reading a dev tweet that a cape for Grievous would be impossible at the moment, which is such a shame, as that was the only skin I was interested in for him. I can only imagine it's the animations during Claw Rush, and I thought of a cool idea for him to work around that. Much like how characters receive battle-wear and damage and how Grievous's Legendary skin is dynamically animated, I think that Grievous's cape could be torn off during certain gameplay cues, like a good half of it would come off during the claw rush animation. Honestly though, even if it clipped like crazy through the animation, it's fine. I still want to see this in all of it's glory...
    d43zhraqpn8d.png
    I seriously doubt it’s that difficult to make for him, as tests with Grievous’s animations on Vader show minimal (if any) clipping with the cape, and it’d be beautiful. I’d love for either as different iterations or a dynamic Legendary skin the cape would gradually tear off with combat, just an idea. This could also be used for his epic all shiny white and slade blue appearance in the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon, which is one of my favorite pieces of Star Wars media ever, and I think one of the most underrated. A skin from his first appearance would be a stellar homage, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    j5aze9adyb87.png
    Call them “Separatist Commander” and “Hypori Massacre” and we’re good.
    JOKE SKINZ: The obvious pick is Grievous self-combusting from his last fateful encounter with the Negotiator on Utapau, which would be nice…
    22x5ega6q7na.png
    ... but there’s another couple I’d like. Remember when the brilliant Jedi-killing master commander of the Separatist forces was beaten by Gungans? I sure do! Give him a battle damaged variant with Naboo spears sticking out of him, that'll be a keeper.
    tux70f6cibqt.png
    ... Heck, maybe even that bondage getup with the bubble handcuffs and whatnot.
    ktfbnpmr97oa.png
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    x0rh9dpjmucy.gif

General Grievous, is a 4 armed cyborg who is capable of wielding 4 sabers with each of his hands in combat. Yet he was designed in the most boring, uninspired, lamest way possible. He has like two, maybe three different generic base attack animations, and probably is the least interesting character to use in the game when It comes to gameplay.

Dice, I urge you to do a complete revamp of Grievous base attacks, It is simply not good enough. Grievous should be one of the most unique combatants of the entire game as he is in the Star Wars canon. Why can't he pull out his 4 arms at once while attacking an enemy? Thrust surge and unrelenting advance are cool and all but these limited timed abilities don't showcase what grievous is really fully capable of doing as a warrior. A 12 year old game did a better job in designing Grievous and he sure as hell was far more fun to play as.

And this very example of how grievous was designed by Dice makes me wonder, how can people say that Ahsoka should be added over other characters, because of the fact she ultilizes two lightsabers, as if that would make her any more unique? Grievous is a FOUR armed fighter and the most generic fighter of the game. Let's change this immediately Devs.

The real question is... who cares? The devs wasted an opportunity indeed. The opportunity to add real Star Wars content over the last year instead of the silly Clowns we got all this time.

The Prequel trioligy is the best thing to have ever happened to star wars. It's their inspiration that brought us many of the ideas for the games we have, comics, etc. Imagine how boring and limited star wars would be with just the OT. The Prequel and Clone wars not only expanded star wars, It shows star wars in it's full potential in a far more interesting era.

Ha! Good troll it good. I'm not taking that bait tho.
  • ROMG4
    4060 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Is lame!

Yeah well I tried and you didn't even click an interact button!

ur42p04msgbd.gif

• And they missed something really important: how games had much less BUGs back then. Nowadays we are drowned on buggy games everywhere, and people still buy them en masse. When gaming became mainstream, it lead to this horrible state we live in nowadays.

Yeah well to be fair games back then were much smaller and less complex. I cant imagine the difference in numbers of code lines compared with today's games with back then.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 20

And they missed something really important: how games had much less BUGs back then. Nowadays we are drowned on buggy games everywhere, and people still buy them en masse. When gaming became mainstream, it lead to this horrible state we live in nowadays.

Yeah well to be fair games back then were much smaller and less complex. I cant imagine the difference in numbers of code lines compared with today's games with back then.

The other thing people seem to forget is how janky Battlefront 1 and 2 were. Even for being a 2004-2005 game they were both pretty ugly and outclassed in terms of handling\animations\graphics by previously released titles like Unreal 2k3\2k4. Hell, Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 2 were both released in the same year, yet Battlefield 2 was leaps and bounds better in just about every aspect.

So yeah, although it was cool back then, Battlefront 2 was still an ugly and buggy game.

• And they missed something really important: how games had much less BUGs back then. Nowadays we are drowned on buggy games everywhere, and people still buy them en masse. When gaming became mainstream, it lead to this horrible state we live in nowadays.

This is one point. But OTOH, now we have much better technology and methods, so it should have become easier to make games with less BUGs, or at least compensate the increased scale by not increasing the BUGs likewise.

But the industry went a path of those 'Game Engines' and that's their biggest fault, because those were created to facilitate the work of programmers, not to make the games better. It now allows games to be made faster, but much of the real inner workings is hidden from the programmer at first glance, and only when needed they dive deep and try to reach the real code, and even so they don't have freedom to change it like they did back then when any game had it's own framework.

If back then they had total control of their game, now we oftenly see the argument that it's not the devs' fault, but Frostbite's. That can only mean they don't understand their engine, or can't use it to the fullest due to its own restrictions. And it was DICE who created the Frostbite Engine in the first place, which makes me believe the latter is more likely then the former.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

This stuff, AGAIN??

Booooriiing.

But it did still have a lot of viewers, whereas compare people watching the clone wars and the Star Wars shows in general, to those that read the comics and novels.... there's not really a comparison there.
    x0rh9dpjmucy.gif

The Prequel trioligy is the best thing to have ever happened to star wars. It's their inspiration that brought us many of the ideas for the games we have, comics, etc. Imagine how boring and limited star wars would be with just the OT. The Prequel and Clone wars not only expanded star wars, It shows star wars in it's full potential in a far more interesting era.

Actually the PT content year of 2019 made me loose hype for this game, and killed reinforcements since the Droideka and clone commando were added like two and a half months apart, so what's up with that, the CS game mode definitely made the entirety of the PT boring, including the heroes, i refuse to play CS not, not until the ST era CS is added, then the i will actually go back to playing it. We just got four ST era reinforcements in one update, on the other hand we were getting just like one hero and one reinforcements a month with the PT era content, but now we're literally getting two new heroes in one update, along with the ST era CS which is this month's update.... so why on earth did they drip feed the PT era content!!?
    x0rh9dpjmucy.gif

Actually the PT content year of 2019 made me loose hype for this game, and killed reinforcements since the Droideka and clone commando were added like two and a half months apart, so what's up with that, the CS game mode definitely made the entirety of the PT boring, including the heroes, i refuse to play CS not, not until the ST era CS is added, then the i will actually go back to playing it. We just got four ST era reinforcements in one update, on the other hand we were getting just like one hero and one reinforcements a month with the PT era content, but now we're literally getting two new heroes in one update, along with the ST era CS which is this month's update.... so why on earth did they drip feed the PT era content!!?

Yes too little content in months apart from each other and a one era mode. My guess is the devs secretly hate the clone wars and wanted everyone else to hate it by delivering droplets at a tedious phase to the point even CW fans are tired of It and start disliking the Prequels as you said.
    m0r991hl9gct.jpeg

Well i've heard that the devs are clone wars fans and love it, i still have no idea as to why it was drip fed, i made my preferred 2019 PT content road map, and it's much better than how it ended up, i think it's in the one of the OT content threads, since i know there's two threads about OT content, not sure if you read it already, but it's how i preferred it.
  • But...but...what about stamina! Where's his cooldowns! LOL!!

Don't stop there OP. The original Battlefront 2 did a lot of things better, not the least of which is Conquest mode as well as better maps. I do see the video captures one of its few flaws...GL/Rocket spam at player's feet for an easy kill. LOL!!
  • But...but...what about stamina! Where's his cooldowns! LOL!!

Don't stop there OP. The original Battlefront 2 did a lot of things better, not the least of which is Conquest mode as well as better maps. I do see the video captures one of its few flaws...GL/Rocket spam at player's feet for an easy kill. LOL!!

Eh that's always been the case. That and detpacks
  • Back then, games seemed to have a different philosophy. E-sports didn't exist, so competitive online wasn't a consideration. Online gaming was just getting on it's feet so MTXs had no influence on games. The mass internet appeal had no influence either. Developers were just trying to make the most unique experiences possible.

The old Battlefront games had NPC factions, a Sarlaac that would grab anyone in reach, vehicles on the map, a wider variety of locations, no regenerating health, health and ammo bots around if no support class was near, a wider variety of hunt modes, etc.

Socom 1 and 2 had a wide variety of maps each tailored to a single game mode such as hostage extraction, hostage escort, breach. The experience was the best of it's kind. Then they started developing generic multi-mode maps with Socom 3 and many modes just didn't work and died off.

Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142 had game modes and features you still don't see in BF4, BF1, or BFV. Ziplines and hooks were pioneered in Battlefield 2 and only show up in Hardline since. Commanders had more depth. Squads were better mechanized. Maps were larger with more vehicle warfare. And of course there's Titan mode...the mode CS is based off of. Take a look at this and imagine Battlefront 3:

In fact, Battlefield 2142 as a game is a blueprint for mechanizing Battlefront 3. Here's the trailer for the full game. Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.