criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Are we getting OT content or not?

Prev134
Maps, blasters, skins, reinforcements, or balances? I want answers!

Replies

• It's obvious we'll get to that point. Just not now.

ST joins CS, Coop, Instant Action with a new map, reinforcements, heroes and a few skins (although only heroes for now). Like PT did. It's likely OT will do the same. A year ago they only communicated about PT, today with ST joining it clearly shows they work and communicate on one era at a time. So they will communicate on OT in due time.

For blasters, well, latest news was Dennis acknowledging they'd have to rework base weapons before they add new ones. Nothing new since then.
  • September.
    Maybe.

Lol, you want answers. So naive.
  • Theres already OT content.
  • Chem0
    218 posts Member
    I'm sure they will add OT for capital supremacy at some point.
  • Feelee6
    2406 posts Member
    I'm tempted to say "No" just to see what kind of response that gets. LOL!!

Seriously, you'd think people would realize that Battlefront 2015 was 100% OT era, and most of this game was OT era at launch. Then we got more with Solo, Ewok Hunt, etc. OT era completely dominated DICE Battlefront for 3 years. At some point they were going to swing back the other way and catch up on PT and ST.

That's the same feeling people have towards the PT now. They want there to be a swing to something else after a year and a half of PT
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • I'm tempted to say "No" just to see what kind of response that gets. LOL!!

Seriously, you'd think people would realize that Battlefront 2015 was 100% OT era, and most of this game was OT era at launch. Then we got more with Solo, Ewok Hunt, etc. OT era completely dominated DICE Battlefront for 3 years. At some point they were going to swing back the other way and catch up on PT and ST.

Here you go again. The simple concept you can’t seem to grasp, people want NEW OT content. The content in a game released 5 years ago is completely irrelevant and launch content also doesn’t mean squat. It’s been 3 years. People of all eras deserve to get excited over new content being added to their favorite era. The ST era better get more attention because a couple of skins and a map to CS and HVV isn’t good enough.

See? Told you I'd get a reaction LOL!!

Yeah here I go again. Talking the truth. It hasn't been 3 years. Solo content arrived May and June 2018. DICE decides to give us a year of PT content, and you guys lose your minds like they should have just taken a few months then back to OT era...again. Almost the entire focus of DICE Battlefront was OT era until October 2018.

OT era has gotten nearly all it's major heroes and locations done across 2 games. PT will never get that as a result. You want new content? That's great. PT fans are still waiting on staple heroes and locations that will never happen like Padme, Mace, Jango, Coruscant, Mustafar, etc. It's up in the air if they will even do Ahsoka and Ventress for Clone Wars Season 7 at this point.

But yes, OT era content is coming this year to CS and Co-op, most likely with Rogue One. So there you go.
  • Feelee6
    2406 posts Member

Here you go again. The simple concept you can’t seem to grasp, people want NEW OT content. The content in a game released 5 years ago is completely irrelevant and launch content also doesn’t mean squat. It’s been 3 years. People of all eras deserve to get excited over new content being added to their favorite era. The ST era better get more attention because a couple of skins and a map to CS and HVV isn’t good enough.

Yeah here I go again. Talking the truth. It hasn't been 3 years. Solo content arrived May and June 2018. DICE decides to give us a year of PT content, and you guys lose your minds like they should have just taken a few months then back to OT era...again. Almost the entire focus of DICE Battlefront was OT era until October 2018.

OT era has gotten nearly all it's major heroes and locations done across 2 games. PT will never get that as a result. You want new content? That's great. PT fans are still waiting on staple heroes and locations that will never happen like Padme, Mace, Jango, Coruscant, Mustafar, etc. It's up in the air if they will even do Ahsoka and Ventress for Clone Wars Season 7 at this point.

But yes, OT era content is coming this year to CS and Co-op, most likely with Rogue One. So there you go.

It's not really OT fans fault that the first game didn't have all eras.i don't think really fair to say they shouldn't receive OT content for long periods of time because of that
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • Feelee6
    2406 posts Member
    edited January 20
    @ArchAngeL_777 It's not really OT fans fault that Bf 2015 was OT only and the Solo season came out. Most at the time wasn't really asking for it either. I don't think it's really fair to want OT fans to wait long periods of time for more content just because of this. Imo It needs to come back around at some point and it is
    Post edited by Feelee6 on
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • soon™
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 20

How is the Original Trilogy content, which is already in the game, irrelevant? Could you explain that?
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    @ArchAngeL_777 It's not really OT fans fault that Bf 2015 was OT only and the Solo season came out. Most at the time wasn't really asking for it either. I don't think it's really fair to want OT fans to wait long periods of time for more content just because of this. Imo It needs to come back around at some point and it is

OT era fans have been complaining about PT content since the very first PT roadmap came out summer 2018 showing 6 months of PT content. It's been constant. They got used to OT era running DICE Battlefront and wanted it to stay that way. Fair has nothing to do with it. Funny how OT era fans want to bring that up now.

There's not been anything fair about this for PT fans. Like I said, OT era got all the major locations and heroes done, in many cases twice. They even got Greedo, Nien Nunb, Sullust, and Rogue One in Battlefront 2015. PT fans aren't likely to see many of their favorites unless DICE goes back to some major PT content in 2021.
  • This argument again? Seriously? The Boomer Trilogy will regain its supremacy in content majority soon enough chill out, you’d think the same few places and handful of faces again and again would get stale but apparently not. Meanwhile mainline characters from the PT will likely never be represented in this game because God forbid we focus on anything but what the whiney minority want.
    You had your EA/Dice game go play it, I swear once equality begins to take hold those who once had privilege cry persecution.
  • Well the PT had it's fair very boring DRIP FED year of content.... and it involved mainly clone wars show content if no one realized that, we have clone wars skins, reinforcements, if Ahsoka is added then fine, but it has to end with her, nothing more, they already shot down multiple times the request of Mace being added as a hero, and the Devs said that there would be no second jetpack villain, (such as Jango or whoever) until there's an jetpack hero counter Bobaf, and the PT era has no jetpack hero so it's time to move on to the OT era content, which that counts both Jango and Mace out out. Since the clone wars show got some content in the 2019 year of PT era content, then some OT era content such as Rebels content and The Mandalorian should also be added.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Feelee6
    2406 posts Member
    Feelee16 wrote: »

OT era fans have been complaining about PT content since the very first PT roadmap came out summer 2018 showing 6 months of PT content. It's been constant. They got used to OT era running DICE Battlefront and wanted it to stay that way. Fair has nothing to do with it. Funny how OT era fans want to bring that up now.

There's not been anything fair about this for PT fans. Like I said, OT era got all the major locations and heroes done, in many cases twice. They even got Greedo, Nien Nunb, Sullust, and Rogue One in Battlefront 2015. PT fans aren't likely to see many of their favorites unless DICE goes back to some major PT content in 2021.

I don't remember that many complaints at all. Mostly excitement, I remember complaints from ST and OT mostly after the new mode and everything were announced to be PT only and that's a fair thing to complain about imo. The attitude that OT fans should suffer just isn't right imo
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • ArchAngeL_777
    2748 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Can I just add the fact last year's PT content completely revived this game? And out of that PT content, we now have CS and Co-op which just came to ST and will be coming to OT era in 2020. There's even a real chance of Rogue One or some other new OT location coming in 2020. A year ago, we weren't even sure this game would be supported in 2020.

This game has a strong future ahead, and PT content was at the center of the revival. It brought fresh new experiences and gameplay we didn't have with the OT era. Maybe keep that in mind and be thankful for the results rather than complaining.
  • Feelee6
    2406 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Can I just add the fact last year's PT content completely revived this game? And out of that PT content, we now have CS and Co-op which just came to ST and will be coming to OT era in 2020. There's even a real chance of Rogue One or some other new OT location coming in 2020. A year ago, we weren't even sure this game would be supported in 2020.

This game has a strong future ahead, and PT content was at the center of the revival. It brought fresh new experiences and gameplay we didn't have with the OT era. Maybe keep that in mind and be thankful for the results rather than complaining.

No it definitely did not revive this game, it trashed it.. made it boring, killed any hype i had for any more content in general, because it was DRIP FED!

Exactly, that's when people started complaining. People were excited until it slowly started making its way into the game month by month. By that point it felt like it would never end
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • How about we end this here, how many planets in the OT are in game now currently one way or another? We can even limit it to only movie locations, now how many are missing? Okay now how many planets, or movie planets is the PT missing? Now let’s do that with just movie hero’s and villains from both eras, PT is clearly found wanting and with less content currently as the game is and that’s not even getting into the even more vast difference between amount of OT content and ST content. So let’s put this argument of how unfair it is we no longer have content as obscure as pancake face and head wrap man who both had a movie time of a few second scenes, or that we don’t have ported content from 2015. I could go on and on, and their is a ton of stuff from 2015 I’d love to return! I’m not against OT content by a long shot, I’m against this entitlement and superiority complex that comes with a large amount of its fans.

I don't remember that many complaints at all. Mostly excitement, I remember complaints from ST and OT mostly after the new mode and everything were announced to be PT only and that's a fair thing to complain about imo. The attitude that OT fans should suffer just isn't right imo

I don't think you've been on these forums enough. The threads were toxic well before CS even showed up. A lot of the more toxic OT era fans have curiously been absent the past couple of months since this game didn't go down the toilet as they predicted LOL!!

And suffer? Yeah poor OT era fans had to "suffer" after 3 years of near exclusive OT era content in Battlefront lol No one's saying OT era shouldn't get content again. Just stop complaining like they've been done wrong all the sudden. OT era content is coming this year to CS and Co-op guaranteed, and it likely will come with Rogue One.
  • Player numbers are at launch levels or better. Battlefront 2 has been one of the hottest selling games of the Christmas season, and the Celebration Upgrade was the #3 DLC bought on PS4 beating out even Fortnite DLC. DICE has been adding more developers to Battlefront 2, something not normally done 2 years into a lifecycle. That's a revival by any tangible measurement. None of this was happening before the past year of content.
  • Feelee6
    2406 posts Member
    edited January 20

I don't think you've been on these forums enough. The threads were toxic well before CS even showed up. A lot of the more toxic OT era fans have curiously been absent the past couple of months since this game didn't go down the toilet as they predicted LOL!!

And suffer? Yeah poor OT era fans had to "suffer" after 3 years of near exclusive OT era content in Battlefront lol No one's saying OT era shouldn't get content again. Just stop complaining like they've been done wrong all the sudden. OT era content is coming this year to CS and Co-op guaranteed, and it likely will come with Rogue One.

I've been peeking in and out of the forums a while and I remember the hate being mostly towards Anakin which again was pretty fair. They just want good OT content for this game, better content than the Solo content drop was.
    Reinforcements, weapons, etc. I don't see it as complaining for requesting that.
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 20

I've been peeking in and out of the forums a while and I remember the hate being mostly towards Anakin which again was pretty fair. They just want good OT content for this game, better content than the Solo content drop was.
    Reinforcements, weapons, etc. I don't see it as complaining for requesting that.

I'm not against more OT content, or any content to be honest. But the issue I have is that people seemingly act like there is absolutely no OT content in the game, when there already is. You've got:

Battles Featured in Battlefront 2 from Epsidodes 5,6 and 7:
    Battle of Yavin from Episode 4
    Battle of Hoth from Episode 5
    Battle of Endor from Episode 6

Characters from Episodes 5,6, and 7:
    Bossk
    Boba Fett
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Han Solo
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa
    Yoda

Vehicles from Episodes 5, 6, and 7:
    Airspeeder
    AT-AT
    AT-ST
    Landspeeder
    Millennium Falcon
    Speeder Bike
    Tie Fighter
    Tie\SA Bomber
    X-Wing
    Y-Wing

This list isn't even all inclusive, it's a rough overview. Seriously, the game has tons of Original Trilogy stuff as is. Do I hope more OT stuff gets included? Yes. But people need to stop crying and acting like they're missing out when theres already a lot available, geez. Unbelievable.
  • DICE is supposed to release the next roadmap in the next week or so. I would be surprised if it isn't mostly OT era content, specifically OT coming to Co-op and CS. Maybe even Rogue One or some other new location. OT era content is all but certain in the coming months.

The only PT content I think might be on it is Ahsoka, Ventress, and some skins timed with whatever month Disney+ releases Clone Wars Season 7.
  • Feelee6
    2406 posts Member
    edited January 20
    @LittleCiddles Of course, but alot of that stuff isn't new stuff ya know. I never seen requesting an answer after silence for months as crying. They just want a little communication
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif

No it definitely did not revive this game, it trashed it.. made it boring, killed any hype i had for any more content in general, because it was DRIP FED!

Exactly, that's when people started complaining. People were excited until it slowly started making its way into the game month by month. By that point it felt like it would never end

Like, i was fine with the monthly updates...... but what killed my hype for this game is what came with these monthly updates, in which with the PT content, not much came in those updates, the only bigger...ish updates was CS being added, and the only four heroes we got out of an entire year! we could've gotten much more heroes than that if it wasn't drip fed, instead they were adding these useless game modes such as instant action, that was just a waste, maybe they should've added all eras when they added the CS and co-op game modes.

I wished it to be like this........

November 2018: Two new heroes are added which are Grievous and Obi-wan, in the SAME update.

December 2018: is just the skins for Obi and Grievous and whatnot, and this update would go the same way as it already did.

January 2019: Two new heroes added which are Anakin and Dooku, in the SAME update, and also comes with some skins for Anakin and Dooku.

February 2019: The new CS game mode is added with the ARC trooper and Commando droid reinforcements, this update would go exactly as it did, it was the only update that actually came with a decent amount of content in one update.

March 2019: This update comes with a new PT CS map the new instant action game mode in the SAME update... along with some new clone and battle droid skins.

April 2019: This update comes with a new PT CS map and also the TX-130 tank and the new Co-op game mode.

May 2019: This update adds the new Clone commando and Droideka reinforcements, in the ONE update, and is not going to be added almost a whole two months apart as they were before, also the May the Fourth be with you Leia skin challenge.

June 2019: This update comes with new Clone commando, Commando droid, ARC trooper and Droideka skins, and mainly just a bug fixes update and some minor adjustments and tweaks... also the emote and voice line challenges begin.

July 2019: This update comes with a counter to the AT-RT walker, since it doesn't have a counter, there's the ATT to counter the republic TX-130 tank, and the BARK speeder to counter the STAP speeder..... but there's no counter for the AT-RT, it used to counter the ATT, but didn't do a very good job at that, and then the TX-130 replaced it. So this update comes either the Hailfire droid, or the smaller variation of the Tri droid, or the Dwarf spider droid.

August 2019: A new fourth reinforcement class is added in this update, in which this update comes with the Magna guard and Clone shock trooper or Jedi temple guards as the fourth melee class for the PT era.

September 2019: Some bug fixes, minor tweaks and skins, such as a cloaked Grievous skin, that's a maybe, and a battle damaged Vader skin from the Rebels show, also an old Ben Kenobi skin for Obi and a couple of Maul skins all of these will be obtainable thru challenges and missions or just to buy with credits or crystals.

October 2019: Ahsoka and Ventress are added as heroes, and also the skins for the clone from the clone wars season 7, in the SAME update.

November: 2019 comes with new clone wars skins for Ahsoka and Ventress, also the Co-op game mode is added to the ST era.

December 2019: Comes with ST era instant action game mode, four new ST/TROS reinforcements are added, the Sith trooper infiltrator, the FO jetpack aerial trooper, the Resistance spy infiltrator and the Ovissian Resistance gunner enforcer, and the Ajan kloss, (the map the Devs chose) or Kijimi map is added to the ST Co-op and HvV game modes.... also new jetpack features are added for the new FO jetpack trooper and to Boba as well.

January 2020: Two new heroes are added BB-8 and BB-9E and the ST era CS game mode is added with Jakku and Ajan kloss maps added to the ST CS as well... along with a TROS Palpatine skin and a new Rey skin with her awesome new yellow saber that many have been requesting. Also two new speeders are added to BF 2 for the First Order and Resistance, which would be the FO Treadspeeder seen in TROS and in the Galaxy's edge comics, and not for sure what speeder for the Resistance.

Just why could the PT era content have not been like this??!!!!

rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
    Of course, but alot of that stuff isn't new stuff ya know. I never seen requesting an answer after silence for months as crying. They just want a little communication

Yeah it's a lot of repeated content from Battlefront 2015, but it still was more content than PT and ST had combined at launch. The fact it was repeated content made it kind of stale right out of the gate. It did nothing to retain players. DICE could have leaned more into Rebels or Rogue One instead, but they didn't. Part of the reason PT content was so successful was that fact it hadn't been done. It was fresh, new gameplay with new locations and experiences.

OT era needed a long layoff to get a refresh in the minds of players. Now we have co-op and CS bringing new ways to play OT content, and people are ready for it. This wouldn't have been the case if they immediately jumped back to OT middle of last year.

I'm not against more OT content, or any content to be honest. But the issue I have is that people seemingly act like there is absolutely no OT content in the game, when there already is. You've got:

Bossk
    Boba Fett
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Han Solo
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa
    Yoda

Airspeeder
    AT-AT
    AT-ST
    Landspeeder
    Millennium Falcon
    Speeder Bike
    Tie Fighter
    Tie\SA Bomber
    X-Wing
    Y-Wing

This list isn't even all inclusive, it's a rough overview. Seriously, the game has tons of Original Trilogy stuff as is. Do I hope more OT stuff gets included? Yes. But people need to stop crying and acting like they're missing out when theres already a lot available, geez. Unbelievable.

The thing is people want OT content that's never had it's chance in a game yet, such as Rebels show content, just like how the clone wars show was basically all the content that 2019 got, it was mainly clone wars based content, not based on the films or anything...... sure people want Rouge One content, and that's about it of what people want from the last BF game, other than that it's reinforcements that the OT needs to keep up the pace with the PT and the newly added ST reinforcements, and also Rebels content.

The other thing is that there is not much to add to the PT era anymore.... because A... the Devs have shot down multiple times the request of adding Mace to the game, and B... they said that there will be no second jetpack villain until there is a jetpack hero to counter Boba first (which counts Jango out as well), and there is no jetpack hero in the PT, it's all pretty much in the OT era, with Sabine from Rebels being a top request to be the jetpack hero.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 20
    A lot of it is repeated content because thats all there is to work with. I don't get where the idea comes from that the OT has so many amazing, fantastical battles when theres really only 3 major battles, one per film, with 2 small skirmishes (Episode 4 and Episode 5) which feature Rebels vs Empire specifically. Everything that was in the films is already in the game, and you have to repeat the content because thats all the content there is to begin with.

Like anyone, please, tell me what am I missing that was in the Original Trilogy films which is a battle between Rebels vs Empire which isn't already in the game? Or what other battles were there in the films? Like, I don't really understand the problem. You want OT content, you get OT content, and then you complain that the content is reused when thats how it is? I mean, how many ways can you depict the same fight?

Or like, rather than reusing the Battle of Hoth, what should they have done instead, as an example?
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    It's not really OT fans fault that Bf 2015 was OT only and the Solo season came out. Most at the time wasn't really asking for it either. I don't think it's really fair to want OT fans to wait long periods of time for more content just because of this. Imo It needs to come back around at some point and it is

Bossk
    Boba Fett
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Han Solo
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa
    Yoda

Airspeeder
    AT-AT
    AT-ST
    Landspeeder
    Millennium Falcon
    Speeder Bike
    Tie Fighter
    Tie\SA Bomber
    X-Wing
    Y-Wing

The thing is people want OT content that's never had it's chance in a game yet, such as Rebels show content, just like how the clone wars show was basically all the content that 2019 got, it was mainly clone wars based content, not based on the films or anything...... sure people want Rouge One content, and that's about it of what people want from the last BF game, other than that it's reinforcements that the OT needs to keep up the pace with the PT and the newly added ST reinforcements, and also Rebels content.

The other thing is that there is not much to add to the PT era anymore.... because A... the Devs have shot down multiple times the request of adding Mace to the game, and B... they said that there will be no second jetpack villain until there is a jetpack hero to counter Boba first (which counts Jango out as well), and there is no jetpack hero in the PT, it's all pretty much in the OT era, with Sabine from Rebels being a top request to be the jetpack hero.

There's still plenty to add from the movies like Qui Gon Jinn, Padme, Aurra Sing, Zam Wessel, Ki Adi Mundi (he was in the original Battlefront 2). There's locations like Mustafar, Coruscant, Utapau. They dive into Clone Wars and it gets ridiculous how much they could add. They could do a literal entire game on Clone Wars TV show alone.

But yeah, they had a chance to dive into Rebels and Rogue One at launch, the single player and other bounty hunters:
    • Mustafar
    • Vardos
    • Jedha
    • Lothal
    • Mandalore
    • Baze Malbus, Chirrut Imwe, Cassian Andor, K-2SO, Ahsoka Tano, Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren, Hera Syndulla, Captain Rex, Bo Katan
    • Grand Inquisitor, Seventh Sister, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Maul Rebels skin, Gar Saxon, IG-88, 4-LOM, Zuckuss

Mix some of these in with Vader, Boba Fett, Iden Versio, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy, Yavin 4, Mos Eisley, Death Star. Then add Hoth, Bespin, Endor, Lando, Bossk, Palpatine, etc. later in DLC.
  • A lot of it is repeated content because thats all there is to work with. I don't get where the idea comes from that the OT has so many amazing, fantastical battles when theres really only 3 major battles, one per film, with 2 small skirmishes (Episode 4 and Episode 5) which feature Rebels vs Empire specifically. Everything that was in the films is already in the game, and you have to repeat the content because thats all the content there is to begin with.

Like anyone, please, tell me what am I missing that was in the Original Trilogy films which is a battle between Rebels vs Empire which isn't already in the game? Or what other battles were there in the films? Like, I don't really understand the problem. You want OT content, you get OT content, and then you complain that the content is reused when thats how it is? I mean, how many ways can you depict the same fight?

Or like, rather than reusing the Battle of Hoth, what should they have done instead, as an example?

Not from the trilogy itself. Rogue One alone could have provided a good mix of content at launch, not to mention using locations from the single player like Vardos. Keep some of the staples and the launch OT content should have looked something like this:
    • Vader, Iden Versio, Boba Fett, IG-88, Grand Admiral Thrawn (ok from Rebels but a much bigger draw than Krennic)
    • Cirrut Imwe, Luke, Han, Leia, Jyn Erso
    • Vardos
    • Mustafar with Vader's Castle
    • Jedha with Saw's fortress and a part of the city
    • Yavin 4
    • Mos Eisley
    It's not really OT fans fault that Bf 2015 was OT only and the Solo season came out. Most at the time wasn't really asking for it either. I don't think it's really fair to want OT fans to wait long periods of time for more content just because of this. Imo It needs to come back around at some point and it is

Bossk
    Boba Fett
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Han Solo
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa
    Yoda

Airspeeder
    AT-AT
    AT-ST
    Landspeeder
    Millennium Falcon
    Speeder Bike
    Tie Fighter
    Tie\SA Bomber
    X-Wing
    Y-Wing

There's still plenty to add from the movies like Qui Gon Jinn, Padme, Aurra Sing, Zam Wessel, Ki Adi Mundi (he was in the original Battlefront 2). There's locations like Mustafar, Coruscant, Utapau. They dive into Clone Wars and it gets ridiculous how much they could add. They could do a literal entire game on Clone Wars TV show alone.

But yeah, they had a chance to dive into Rebels and Rogue One at launch, the single player and other bounty hunters:
    • Mustafar
    • Vardos
    • Jedha
    • Lothal
    • Mandalore
    • Baze Malbus, Chirrut Imwe, Cassian Andor, K-2SO, Ahsoka Tano, Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren, Hera Syndulla, Captain Rex, Bo Katan
    • Grand Inquisitor, Seventh Sister, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Maul Rebels skin, Gar Saxon, IG-88, 4-LOM, Zuckuss

Mix some of these in with Vader, Boba Fett, Iden Versio, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy, Yavin 4, Mos Eisley, Death Star. Then add Hoth, Bespin, Endor, Lando, Bossk, Palpatine, etc. later in DLC.

Yeah definitely... but i think the only ones that would make it as heroes would be, well ones that haven't been shot down or is not conflicting with the Devs decisions, such as Jango being added before jetpack hero would conflict with their plans..... but i don't really see Zam or Mundi being added, due to the fact that Mundi doesn't really have a saber counter, so the only heroes i see coming are Ahsoka and Ventress, Padme and Aura sing, both female pairs i just realized... and Qui-gon is only see as a maybe, because he doesn't do much that would make for potential abilities, he does a force push, buts that really it in TPM..... the other thing i have a problem with is who one earth would be Qui-gon's counter saber villain? Maul's already taken.
    rcar0gljuaad.png

Bossk
    Boba Fett
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Han Solo
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa
    Yoda

Airspeeder
    AT-AT
    AT-ST
    Landspeeder
    Millennium Falcon
    Speeder Bike
    Tie Fighter
    Tie\SA Bomber
    X-Wing
    Y-Wing

• Mustafar
    • Vardos
    • Jedha
    • Lothal
    • Mandalore

Yeah definitely... but i think the only ones that would make it as heroes would be, well ones that haven't been shot down or is not conflicting with the Devs decisions, such as Jango being added before jetpack hero would conflict with their plans..... but i don't really see Zam or Mundi being added, due to the fact that Mundi doesn't really have a saber counter, so the only heroes i see coming are Ahsoka and Ventress, Padme and Aura sing, both female pairs i just realized... and Qui-gon is only see as a maybe, because he doesn't do much that would make for potential abilities, he does a force push, buts that really it in TPM..... the other thing i have a problem with is who one earth would be Qui-gon's counter saber villain? Maul's already taken.

Well, Maul was first paired off with Yoda which didn't make sense. Grievous is opposite Obi-Wan, so Qui Gon could be added as a more natural opposite to Maul. Yoda faced off with Dooku and Palpatine, so they could add a PT Palpatine skin.

Ahsoka and Ventress are highly likely. Ahsoka could be cross era if they add her Fulcrum Ahsoka with white lightsabers. They could do more cross-era content to cut down on these arguments. Mustafar and Mandalore are both planets with ties to PT and OT content. A Rebels Maul skin brings him into OT era.
  • Hate to burst bubbles, but I don't believe they're going to add any characters that weren't already in the films. At the end of the day, most of the visibility and association people have with the Star Wars franchise, I believe, is from their experiences in watching the films specifically.
  • BucksawBoushh
    6306 posts Member
    edited January 20

You can say the same thing as many times as you want, I’ll always make my point LOLZ. Again, a game from 2015 should have zero bearing on the content this game gets. PT, OT and ST fans all want and should get NEW and exciting content to play. Had PT had the most heroes at launch and little to no updates going forward, I would fight this same fight for them.

This is only my personal opinion, but Solo content, which was a missed opportunity in terms of what they added, doesn’t count towards Original Trilogy content. Quality matters. Hence Ewok Hunt being a terrible point to make in terms of OT content. Rogue One is its own category, and yes, they need a significant RO update.

The way I see, every update should have each been 1/3 PT, OT and ST. That puts an end to this whole era priority debate. I love that the game is all 3 eras but the consistent neglect for OT and ST updates is inexcusable. The last 4 actual heroes added have been PT era and yet you lot clamor for more.
  • Hate to burst bubbles, but I don't believe they're going to add any characters that weren't already in the films. At the end of the day, most of the visibility and association people have with the Star Wars franchise, I believe, is from their experiences in watching the films specifically.

That's changed significantly, especially with Disney+ and Mandalorian. Clone Wars is one of the top trending shows on Disney+. The Season 7 reveal trailer went viral. Star Wars TV has become a huge draw among fans.

Bossk
    Boba Fett
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Han Solo
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa
    Yoda

Airspeeder
    AT-AT
    AT-ST
    Landspeeder
    Millennium Falcon
    Speeder Bike
    Tie Fighter
    Tie\SA Bomber
    X-Wing
    Y-Wing

• Mustafar
    • Vardos
    • Jedha
    • Lothal
    • Mandalore

Well, Maul was first paired off with Yoda which didn't make sense. Grievous is opposite Obi-Wan, so Qui Gon could be added as a more natural opposite to Maul. Yoda faced off with Dooku and Palpatine, so they could add a PT Palpatine skin.

Ahsoka and Ventress are highly likely. Ahsoka could be cross era if they add her Fulcrum Ahsoka with white lightsabers. They could do more cross-era content to cut down on these arguments. Mustafar and Mandalore are both planets with ties to PT and OT content. A Rebels Maul skin brings him into OT era.

Awesome! Yeah you know i thought of something.... and that was if Ahsoka is added, she is added as an OT era hero, then for those of course that would still want Ventress, she would end up being Mace's mate...... because i really don't know the reason why the Devs have shot down the request of Mace being added, not for sure if they even said why.... but if they change their minds then Ventress i would rather her counter Mace, then Ahsoka would have her Rebels skin as her default skin, and her counter would be the second sister Inquisitor from Rebels, since they've dueled before in Rebels, and Ahsoka would still have a female villain counter......

i'd prefer it this way because if the Devs ever changed their minds on not adding Mace, then who would be his counter? i definitely wouldn't care for Mace's counter to be Savage Opress, he'd be just a copy and paste of Maul, both will probably have similar abilities, both would have double blades and would be in the same era... so i would really not like to have Savage to be added to counter Mace, sure, he's cool in the clone wars in all, but we're not really adding characters based on how cool they are, we would have to think of abilities and all the specifics, and there's not much when it comes to Savage.
    rcar0gljuaad.png

That's changed significantly, especially with Disney+ and Mandalorian. Clone Wars is one of the top trending shows on Disney+. The Season 7 reveal trailer went viral. Star Wars TV has become a huge draw among fans.

I do agree to the extent that I believe it is changing. Series shows are really successful and doing a great job. But I wouldn't bank on the idea that just because the shows are doing well that is going to magically change merchandising or marketing, let alone of the movie business. I would be extremely surprised if Mandalorian content ended up in Battlefront 2, which means I don't expect it will actually happen.

So the streamed series can be super successful, but I don't believe we will see content from them in this game.

Bossk
    Boba Fett
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Han Solo
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa
    Yoda

Airspeeder
    AT-AT
    AT-ST
    Landspeeder
    Millennium Falcon
    Speeder Bike
    Tie Fighter
    Tie\SA Bomber
    X-Wing
    Y-Wing

• Mustafar
    • Vardos
    • Jedha
    • Lothal
    • Mandalore

Awesome! Yeah you know i thought of something.... and that was if Ahsoka is added, she is added as an OT era hero, then for those of course that would still want Ventress, she would end up being Mace's mate...... because i really don't know the reason why the Devs have shot down the request of Mace being added, not for sure if they even said why.... but if they change their minds then Ventress i would rather her counter Mace, then Ahsoka would have her Rebels skin as her default skin, and her counter would be the second sister Inquisitor from Rebels, since they've dueled before in Rebels, and Ahsoka would still have a female villain counter......

i'd prefer it this way because if the Devs ever changed their minds on not adding Mace, then who would be his counter? i definitely wouldn't care for Mace's counter to be Savage Opress, he'd be just a copy and paste of Maul, both will probably have similar abilities, both would have double blades and would be in the same era... so i would really not like to have Savage to be added to counter Mace, sure, he's cool in the clone wars in all, but we're not really adding characters based on how cool they are, we would have to think of abilities and all the specifics, and there's not much when it comes to Savage.

Well Cad Bane could technically be Mace's counter, but a better one might be Palpatine again lol.

Ahsoka's OT era counter could be a Inquisitor, or they could do a Rebels skin of Maul and add him to OT era. Maul was there at the season 2 finale with her, although they briefly locked sabers. But I think they had a lengthy fight in the Siege of Mandalore in the upcoming Clone Wars Season 7. So the history is there.

I do agree to the extent that I believe it is changing. Series shows are really successful and doing a great job. But I wouldn't bank on the idea that just because the shows are doing well that is going to magically change merchandising or marketing, let alone of the movie business. I would be extremely surprised if Mandalorian content ended up in Battlefront 2, which means I don't expect it will actually happen.

So the streamed series can be super successful, but I don't believe we will see content from them in this game.

Actually there already is Rebels and Clone wars content in this game as we speak...... such as the commando droids, ARC troopers, most of the clone, droid and PT reinforcement skins are from the clone wars show, also the B2-RP rocket droid is actually from the clone wars show, and is only seen in the clone wars show, same with most of the PT heroes and villains skins, also there is the Republic light cruiser which was only seen in the clone wars show along with the rocket super battle droid as i have mentioned above, and the blurg blaster that the officer class has is seen in the Rebels show, it's the one that Hera uses, and the Imperial light cruiser is also only seen in Rebels.
    rcar0gljuaad.png

Bossk
    Boba Fett
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Han Solo
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa
    Yoda

Airspeeder
    AT-AT
    AT-ST
    Landspeeder
    Millennium Falcon
    Speeder Bike
    Tie Fighter
    Tie\SA Bomber
    X-Wing
    Y-Wing

• Mustafar
    • Vardos
    • Jedha
    • Lothal
    • Mandalore

Well Cad Bane could technically be Mace's counter, but a better one might be Palpatine again lol.

Ahsoka's OT era counter could be a Inquisitor, or they could do a Rebels skin of Maul and add him to OT era. Maul was there at the season 2 finale with her, although they briefly locked sabers. But I think they had a lengthy fight in the Siege of Mandalore in the upcoming Clone Wars Season 7. So the history is there.

Though i think it would be better to add new characters to the different eras, like the way they literally added the wookiee warriors to all the eras was kinda sloppy, which is how i'd feel with Maul being added to the OT era. although! Maybe Savage could be Mace's counter, despite him probably being similar to Maul, but how about they move Maul to the OT era, and kinda have Savage replace his spot in say the PT CS, that way they wouldn't be in the same era, but i'm not for sure about that.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Hate to burst bubbles, but I don't believe they're going to add any characters that weren't already in the films. At the end of the day, most of the visibility and association people have with the Star Wars franchise, I believe, is from their experiences in watching the films specifically.

Actually there already is Rebels and Clone wars content in this game as we speak...... such as the commando droids, ARC troopers, most of the clone, droid and PT reinforcement skins are from the clone wars show, also the B2-RP rocket droid is actually from the clone wars show, and is only seen in the clone wars show, same with most of the PT heroes and villains skins, also there is the Republic light cruiser which was only seen in the clone wars show along with the rocket super battle droid as i have mentioned above, and the blurg blaster that the officer class has is seen in the Rebels show, it's the one that Hera uses, and the Imperial light cruiser is also only seen in Rebels.

Yeah, everything you just named is easy to work in, but Ahsoka \ Ventress were specific to show a lot more obvious\pronounced than just a robot that looks the same as one in the film with a different gun, skins, etc. Long story short, you're never going to see them in the game, lol. Don't believe all the leaks or rumors, it's just going to lead to disappointment.

I think this depends a lot on how long they plan on supporting Battlefront 2. All indications are it will be supported well into 2021, but there are no new movies coming. They will likely do Rogue One content for OT era this year and maybe return to PT in 2021 to do more of that.

So why not Mandalorian for Fall 2020 and season 2? They could cash in on that like most expect Ahsoka and Ventress for Clone Wars season 7.

I think this depends a lot on how long they plan on supporting Battlefront 2. All indications are it will be supported well into 2021, but there are no new movies coming. They will likely do Rogue One content for OT era this year and maybe return to PT in 2021 to do more of that.

So why not Mandalorian for Fall 2020 and season 2? They could cash in on that like most expect Ahsoka and Ventress for Clone Wars season 7.

On the topic of Ashoka \ Ventress, I'm going to explore the files to see if I can find anything that was rumored to exist pointing their inclusion in Battlefront 2.
  • Feelee6
    2406 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Hate to burst bubbles, but I don't believe they're going to add any characters that weren't already in the films. At the end of the day, most of the visibility and association people have with the Star Wars franchise, I believe, is from their experiences in watching the films specifically.

On the topic of Ashoka \ Ventress, I'm going to explore the files to see if I can find anything that was rumored to exist pointing their inclusion in Battlefront 2.

There was the grievous dialogue that had him speaking to Ashoka and padme.
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • David1543 wrote: »
    CT0WN_ wrote: »
    Maps, blasters, skins, reinforcements, or balances? I want answers!

After we're done with the cancerous sequel.

Actually the ST era content has been something fresh and new, not just old DRIP FED PT content, it actually came with rour reinforcements in one update! Now that is what i call an update, unlike the PT content, it's just the Droideka and the clone commando like two and a half months later??!! why not do it in one update?!
    rcar0gljuaad.png

There was the grievous dialogue that had him speaking to Ashoka and padme.

Yeah there is plus multiple hints dropped by the devs, not the least of which was Dennis talking about more female heroes coming. This led to speculation Padme and Aurra Sing could be on the way. Also, the known accurate leaker Some_Info leaked Ahsoka and Ventress were on the way last year. I think they would have arrived with Felucia if Clone Wars Season 7 launched with Disney+.