criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Existentialism

Prev134
Does it matter that I’m writing this? I don’t know, will I feel fulfillment after posting this post? These are questions we must answer for ourselves as we dwell on these threads. How is your life going, what goals are you setting for yourselves and have you acknowledged that nothing in the end really matters as we are a creation of sciences and atoms? Comment your thoughts.
I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Join the ongoing demand for Private Matches/Servers below!

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130482/private-servers#latest

Replies

• wj0g6z70qfgt.gif
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • 8a1ndv2k1222.jpg
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • To everything there is a season. Most of what drives mankind crazy is vanity. It was here before, it will be here again. There were many Battlefront games before this one. There will be more after it. Eat, drink, and be thankful for what you have and enjoy it when it's here.

This is the way.
  • We are the fruit of evolution, of atoms that join other atoms, why do they do it?

I don't know, maybe the answer is in the sacred texts, or atoms simply exist.

Perhaps we are unique and special of our kind throughout the universe, or there are infinite civilizations even more advanced than we are.

We believe we know everything about the existence of things, but in reality we don't know anything, we don't even know what "things" are.

We know only 2% of everything, and what we know is related only to ordinary matter, while on dark matter and dark energy (which forms 70% of the universe) we only know that it exists.

It is important to ask yourself these questions, but without neglecting what is happening in our reality, right now, our bankruptcy society, the bankruptcy system.

Humanity is capable of immense things but we are content to remain as we are, without evolving both from a social and a physiological point of view.

Our time on earth is limited, we make sure we make life as good as possible for us, and try to change things for the better.

If our time on earth ends, we will try to leave the best possible legacy so that humanity will always improve without stopping, and maybe one day we will answer all those questions.

Probably this post will be moved to "off topic" but at least I said what I think.
  • Too deep. More pew pew and laser swords please

Sorry, I’m having a bit of a tough week and needing to talk.
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

• NoriNori wrote: »
    8a1ndv2k1222.jpg

Yep!!!

• We are the fruit of evolution, of atoms that join other atoms, why do they do it?

Perhaps we are unique and special of our kind throughout the universe, or there are infinite civilizations even more advanced than we are.

We believe we know everything about the existence of things, but in reality we don't know anything, we don't even know what "things" are.

We know only 2% of everything, and what we know is related only to ordinary matter, while on dark matter and dark energy (which forms 70% of the universe) we only know that it exists.

It is important to ask yourself these questions, but without neglecting what is happening in our reality, right now, our bankruptcy society, the bankruptcy system.

Humanity is capable of immense things but we are content to remain as we are, without evolving both from a social and a physiological point of view.

Our time on earth is limited, we make sure we make life as good as possible for us, and try to change things for the better.

If our time on earth ends, we will try to leave the best possible legacy so that humanity will always improve without stopping, and maybe one day we will answer all those questions.

Probably this post will be moved to "off topic" but at least I said what I think.

Thanks for the contribution

• Oftentimes I find myself thinking why am I still going? What is it that I’m looking forward to next? Is filling the void of purpose with material objects the true way? Are humans to be considered this way? What more is there?

• I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

• The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo

Oh geez I was just kidding. Sorry I hope your week gets better.
  • We will answer these existential problems only after solving the problems that afflict our society, how do we do it?

This is the question we need to think about, what can I do to change things?

We have only one attempt in our life, if we don't do it, nobody else will. And the progress made in 10,000 years of human evolution will be lost forever.
  • Nugmragn wrote: »
    Yes, none of this matters and it is all ego-driven, attention-seeking behavior.

I sometimes try to point this out humorously in the forums but usually people are so entrenched in their arguments that they aren't trying to hear how silly or entitled or extra they are acting.

My daily goals are to always be a better, more patient father, be present in my daily life, and express gratitude to others.

Be the change.

:)

af3mg613zs5d.jpeg

Oh geez I was just kidding. Sorry I hope your week gets better.

No worries, thanks

• We will answer these existential problems only after solving the problems that afflict our society, how do we do it?

This is the question we need to think about, what can I do to change things?

We have only one attempt in our life, if we don't do it, nobody else will. And the progress made in 10,000 years of human evolution will be lost forever.

That’s one way of seeing it

I'm sorry to hear that. I also hope your week gets better :)
  • To everything there is a season. Most of what drives mankind crazy is vanity. It was here before, it will be here again. There were many Battlefront games before this one. There will be more after it. Eat, drink, and be thankful for what you have and enjoy it when it's here.

This is the way.

#Ecclesiastes. There is nothing new under the sun, nothing new indeed.
  • This would be better in the "off topic" section. But hey...
    "Have no fear of perfection. You'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali
  • Sorry my bad, I didn't saw you were feeling bad, I thought you were just trolling, take care of yourself. :)
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • Yes .
  • Does it matter that I’m writing this? I don’t know, will I feel fulfillment after posting this post? These are questions we must answer for ourselves as we dwell on these threads. How is your life going, what goals are you setting for yourselves and have you acknowledged that nothing in the end really matters as we are a creation of sciences and atoms? Comment your thoughts.

Not in the best of days as well, but still BUG hunting for devs whould prefer to see me gone :p . I think purpose is the answer, but even that is devoid of any ulterior reason/motive. However, I don't think it needs any reason. We make our purposes. Without purposes, nothing remains. That's my opinion.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Either you’re high or depressed, either way look up the law of biogenesis and maybe you’ll begin to realize this isn’t an accident.
  • JMaster
    2536 posts Member
    Well this is certainly a change of pace on the forums.
    t9cmryc9qvco.gif
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • To answer OP’s question....

....my life sucks, I have no goals because my dreams died long ago, nothing really matters, and playing games like SWBF2 helps get my mind off of things....
  • Oftentimes I find myself thinking why am I still going? What is it that I’m looking forward to next? Is filling the void of purpose with material objects the true way? Are humans to be considered this way? What more is there?

As someone living a life that is literally hell, I can tell you that there are plenty of reasons to keep going. It takes these types of struggles to really show someone who valuable life really is. Go outside, take a real look at nature. Feel the rain on your skin. Watch a sunset. Watch a squirrel eat an acorn. Watch someone laugh at a joke. Really pay attention. It sounds silly, but it's definitely worth it once you stop focusing on your troubles for a moment and just... watch.

People often go on in life with no real sense of direction. It's a world full of plenty of possibilities and it's hard to pick from it or even to see what is next for you. And trust me, it's incredibly terrifying to wonder what's next since no one can see the future. Doesn't mean it's not worth seeing through til the end. It's kinda like a movie. What choice will your character make next? What's next on your season in your TV show?

Material objects are a temporary form of happiness. I don't buy the whole "money can't buy you happiness" saying, just FYI. It can buy my happiness. But, there are plenty of other forms of happiness as well, like hanging out with friends or kissing a loved one as the world around you fades. They're magical moments, and they're always going to keep coming, even if you can't see it right away.

Think of life as a diamond in the rough. You're going to spend a lot of your time looking for that diamond, and it will be found eventually. But you can't find what you're looking for if you give up searching. Trust me, adventures in life are worth seeking out.

I'm sorry to see you've been having a tough time. Just keep in mind that circumstances always change and the future will always get better. Sometimes things have to get worse to get better. Remember, there are always people out there you can talk to, and are definitely worth talking to. And, if you're having a real tough time, I do recommend therapeutic services. They're not a sign of weakness, and can be a great way at helping you get an outside opinion on tough circumstances or even help you come up with a sense of direction if you're lacking in that area. And if your problems are proving to be dangerous to either yourself or others, please do seek emergency services.
    y4sfka2mz8tb.jpg
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • polarition wrote: »
    glq9twjbvcxn.gif

The last thing a baby yoda sees before I kill him

bqst7o62poc5.gif
    glq9twjbvcxn.gif

The last thing a baby yoda sees before I kill him

bqst7o62poc5.gif

l6ymuizbrce2.png
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Well this is certainly a change of pace on the forums.
    t9cmryc9qvco.gif

made it for a reason

Oftentimes I find myself thinking why am I still going? What is it that I’m looking forward to next? Is filling the void of purpose with material objects the true way? Are humans to be considered this way? What more is there?

As someone living a life that is literally hell, I can tell you that there are plenty of reasons to keep going. It takes these types of struggles to really show someone who valuable life really is. Go outside, take a real look at nature. Feel the rain on your skin. Watch a sunset. Watch a squirrel eat an acorn. Watch someone laugh at a joke. Really pay attention. It sounds silly, but it's definitely worth it once you stop focusing on your troubles for a moment and just... watch.

People often go on in life with no real sense of direction. It's a world full of plenty of possibilities and it's hard to pick from it or even to see what is next for you. And trust me, it's incredibly terrifying to wonder what's next since no one can see the future. Doesn't mean it's not worth seeing through til the end. It's kinda like a movie. What choice will your character make next? What's next on your season in your TV show?

Material objects are a temporary form of happiness. I don't buy the whole "money can't buy you happiness" saying, just FYI. It can buy my happiness. But, there are plenty of other forms of happiness as well, like hanging out with friends or kissing a loved one as the world around you fades. They're magical moments, and they're always going to keep coming, even if you can't see it right away.

Think of life as a diamond in the rough. You're going to spend a lot of your time looking for that diamond, and it will be found eventually. But you can't find what you're looking for if you give up searching. Trust me, adventures in life are worth seeking out.

I'm sorry to see you've been having a tough time. Just keep in mind that circumstances always change and the future will always get better. Sometimes things have to get worse to get better. Remember, there are always people out there you can talk to, and are definitely worth talking to. And, if you're having a real tough time, I do recommend therapeutic services. They're not a sign of weakness, and can be a great way at helping you get an outside opinion on tough circumstances or even help you come up with a sense of direction if you're lacking in that area. And if your problems are proving to be dangerous to either yourself or others, please do seek emergency services.
    y4sfka2mz8tb.jpg

Great reply.

• To answer OP’s question....

....my life sucks, I have no goals because my dreams died long ago, nothing really matters, and playing games like SWBF2 helps get my mind off of things....

I'm so sorry. dont give up.

• Thank you all for these replies.

• Go to therapy. No shame in it and it helps. I go.
  • Palps is way OP.

"The sacred texts" haha

"We believe we know everything" and "we are content to remain as we are"?? C'mon man. You can't seriously have that opinion of humans when all you have to do is read a history of technology book to see where we've come from.

I got some questions first. How is your relationship with people in your life? Do you have a career or study field of interest that you really enjoy?
  • David1543 wrote: »
    We are the fruit of evolution, of atoms that join other atoms, why do they do it?

"The sacred texts" haha

"We believe we know everything" and "we are content to remain as we are"?? C'mon man. You can't seriously have that opinion of humans when all you have to do is read a history of technology book to see where we've come from.

History books is everything they want you to know. Now what you should know.

Jesus. Whatever. How about just look at your own experiences then?! There weren't even smart phones 15 years ago.
    We are the fruit of evolution, of atoms that join other atoms, why do they do it?

"The sacred texts" haha

Jesus. Whatever. How about just look at your own experiences then?! There weren't even smart phones 15 years ago.

I was reluctant to get my first Smartphone. I only did it in 2016.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

"The sacred texts" haha

I was reluctant to get my first Smartphone. I only did it in 2016.

Haha I understand that. I had the first few smart phones for a while, then ditched them for a brick phone for like 5 years. Now back to them again and think they're awesome.