criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Will we get more Clone Wars content for when Season 7 of The Clone Wars releases?

Prev134
Since after watching the new trailer for the Final Season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, I was thinking if we will get more content from The Clone Wars for when Season 7 releases on Disney+ next month in February. We could see Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress as new heroes, a skin for Maul based off his appearance from Season 7, 332nd Company Clone skins, and maybe a new map? Will we get more Clone Wars content for Season 7 of The Clone Wars?

Replies

• lowell
    2405 posts Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if DICE planned out most of the content drop for this year with Lucasfilm last year and that one of the drops would be based on TCW Season 7.

Things do look ok, hope it does come true:

• lowell wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if DICE planned out most of the content drop for this year with Lucasfilm last year and that one of the drops would be based on TCW Season 7.

I think so too. I think Ahsoka and Ventress would have released last fall otherwise. That November release that got pushed to December in particular looks like it would have had Ahsoka and Ventress if Clone Wars Season 7 launched with Disney+.

I think so too. I think Ahsoka and Ventress would have released last fall otherwise. That November release that got pushed to December in particular looks like it would have had Ahsoka and Ventress if Clone Wars Season 7 launched with Disney+.

Yeah. Hopefully we get the two this year.
  • ArchAngeL_777
    2591 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Looks like the new trailer already has 2.2 million views on Star Wars YouTube.
  • Revan72
    1101 posts Member
    Please, give ma boi Maul a skin.
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• Yes. And we NEED another clone skin. Her clones would be sufficient

Throw in a maul skin too
  • If the episodes were released at one per week, then the final episode would have released on May 4 and we all know what day that is. If DICE were to add Ahsoka, Ventress plus other stuff from season 7 for the April update and only add the new map(if there is one) on May the fourth, then I’m sure lots of people would be playing battlefront 2 on May 4th. Which would be a good thing for DICE
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    I couldn't be less interested in this series. Any curiosity I had was destroyed by the monotonous trawling out of CW content for months and months and months and months, virtually none of which added much to my personal experience of playing the game.

I'd rather s7 just happened quickly and quietly and those that want to watch it can crack on and the rest of us can just draw a line under all of that and finally move on to better things with the new live action series planned for the coming months and years.

Well, one thing to note that outside of this game, TCW was mostly gone from the general Star Wars community for 5 years, except a few comics or novels released adapting Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir.

Now, with the existence of the Mandalorian, TCW's and Rebels's Mandalorian arcs will have nods and some consequences for the post-ROTJ series when you realize the showrunners are the voice of the infamous Pre Vizsla who got overthrown by Maul himself and the writer behind the Mandalorian arcs in the Mandalorian's predecessors.

You also don't realize that other animated series are also in the works and that doesn't rule out a chance for them to bump into the live-action series and impact each other on both sides much more than the recent films have, especially if you know how Lucasfilm works with the canon now.

I don't see Season 7 as a bad thing, it will bring ROTS to a more relevant level in the canon when the events of it are intertwined with the Siege of Mandalore and what will happen in the Mandalorian Season 2.

Since Disney+ is now the ultimate all-you-can-binge platform for Star Wars, I won't be surprised if people end up checking out TCW and Rebels episodes to deepen their knowledge on the Mandalorian people's struggle to get ready for the Mandalorian Season 2 this fall. Even people will probably watch Resistance once Season 2 arrives on there to improve their view of the ST films since both TLJ and TROS have shifted people's love of the franchise a bit in multiple directions.

As someone pointed out that in the new TCW poster, the twin suns of Tatooine appear on it and that they wouldn't be surprised if the last episodes show a hint of what the Obi-Wan series will touch on (likely Qui-Gon's training of Obi-Wan to be a force ghost on Tatooine during the Solo timeline, similar to what Yoda faced in Season 6).
    I couldn't be less interested in this series. Any curiosity I had was destroyed by the monotonous trawling out of CW content for months and months and months and months, virtually none of which added much to my personal experience of playing the game.

I'd rather s7 just happened quickly and quietly and those that want to watch it can crack on and the rest of us can just draw a line under all of that and finally move on to better things with the new live action series planned for the coming months and years.

Well, one thing to note that outside of this game, TCW was mostly gone from the general Star Wars community for 5 years, except a few comics or novels released adapting Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir.

Now, with the existence of the Mandalorian, TCW's and Rebels's Mandalorian arcs will have nods and some consequences for the post-ROTJ series when you realize the showrunners are the voice of the infamous Pre Vizsla who got overthrown by Maul himself and the writer behind the Mandalorian arcs in the Mandalorian's predecessors.

You also don't realize that other animated series are also in the works and that doesn't rule out a chance for them to bump into the live-action series and impact each other on both sides much more than the recent films have, especially if you know how Lucasfilm works with the canon now.

I don't see Season 7 as a bad thing, it will bring ROTS to a more relevant level in the canon when the events of it are intertwined with the Siege of Mandalore and what will happen in the Mandalorian Season 2.

Since Disney+ is now the ultimate all-you-can-binge platform for Star Wars, I won't be surprised if people end up checking out TCW and Rebels episodes to deepen their knowledge on the Mandalorian people's struggle to get ready for the Mandalorian Season 2 this fall. Even people will probably watch Resistance once Season 2 arrives on there to improve their view of the ST films since both TLJ and TROS have shifted people's love of the franchise a bit in multiple directions.

As someone pointed out that in the new TCW poster, the twin suns of Tatooine appear on it and that they wouldn't be surprised if the last episodes show a hint of what the Obi-Wan series will touch on (likely Qui-Gon's training of Obi-Wan to be a force ghost on Tatooine during the Solo timeline, similar to what Yoda faced in Season 6).

Well at least what ever happens one of us will be happy :)
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »

Well at least what ever happens one of us will be happy :)

I mean, TCW and Rebels wouldn't be relevant to the Mandalorian unless there were those mentions by the Client and Moff Gideon and this
    Moff-Gideon-wielding-the-darksaber-in-episode-8-of-The-Mandalorian.jpg
  • If the episodes were released at one per week, then the final episode would have released on May 4 and we all know what day that is. If DICE were to add Ahsoka, Ventress plus other stuff from season 7 for the April update and only add the new map(if there is one) on May the fourth, then I’m sure lots of people would be playing battlefront 2 on May 4th. Which would be a good thing for DICE

Yeah. We could see these on May the 4th be with you.
  • Hopefully we get the 212th Jetpacks as a skin.
    dz6stz13otcb.jpeg
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    How about none of that ever again? Thx!

I'm still anxious to see how the Resistance series finale will bridge TLJ and TROS. But there were questionable choices made in TROS and it could've been as long as Endgame, lots of things were left out for no reason.
  • CeymalRen
    1782 posts Member
    edited January 23

I'm still anxious to see how the Resistance series finale will bridge TLJ and TROS. But there were questionable choices made in TROS and it could've been as long as Endgame, lots of things were left out for no reason.

Lost interest in Marvel long ago so I can't say if this is in any way comparable. TROS was ok by me. This game had wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much CW content added. One hero and one skin for the troops would have been more than enough.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    edited January 23

Lost interest in Marvel long ago so I can't say if this is in any way comparable. TROS was ok by me. This game had wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much CW content added. One hero and one skin for the troops would have been more than enough.

The bits in TROS about Sheev and the Sith Fleet were mostly what I liked over the Rey-Kylo stuff. I just don't understand why they didn't just show how he used the World Between Worlds to cheat death in ROTJ and that using it left him in a weaker physical state during the ST era.

Really hated that they killed only Snap in the Battle of Exegol instead of killing him and the rest of Black Squadron (Snap's wife, Karé Kun, Jess Pava, and Suralinda Javos) without Poe. If you're going to go out, go out with a bang!

I'm okay with TCW Season 7 being the last PT content drop for a while. I'm anxious for OT content based on Rebels and the Marvel Comics.
  • Hopefully we get the 212th Jetpacks as a skin.
    dz6stz13otcb.jpeg

Yeah. Would make a good reinforcement skin.

All true.

People hating on Clone Wars don't realize there were a lot of storylines going, much more than Ahsoka and the movie characters. Mandalore was no doubt one of the best if not the best, and as you said, has had ramifications all through Rebels and now Mandalorian.

Clone Wars has been trending high on Disney+. It's sitting at 5 or 6 most watched I think, and Rebels is also in the top 25. So yeah, people are taking the opportunity to binge on it and catch up what they missed.

The bits in TROS about Sheev and the Sith Fleet were mostly what I liked over the Rey-Kylo stuff. I just don't understand why they didn't just show how he used the World Between Worlds to cheat death in ROTJ and that using it left him in a weaker physical state during the ST era.

Really hated that they killed only Snap in the Battle of Exegol instead of killing him and the rest of Black Squadron (Snap's wife, Karé Kun, Jess Pava, and Suralinda Javos) without Poe. If you're going to go out, go out with a bang!

I'm okay with TCW Season 7 being the last PT content drop for a while. I'm anxious for OT content based on Rebels and the Marvel Comics.

Yeah I expect TCW Season 7 to be a one month drop before heading into a long run of OT content. I don't think it will be more than say Ahsoka, Ventress, and some skins.

Then they will be on to adding OT era to CS and Co-op, plus likely Rogue One content like Scarif added to CS or something like that.

Yeah I expect TCW Season 7 to be a one month drop before heading into a long run of OT content. I don't think it will be more than say Ahsoka, Ventress, and some skins.

Then they will be on to adding OT era to CS and Co-op, plus likely Rogue One content like Scarif added to CS or something like that.

Yeah. Just Ahsoka, Ventress, and skins would be great for the Season 7 Clone Wars content.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member

If they add the Siege of Mandalore as a map with playable Mandalorians, that'll be a dream but I'm not going to expect them for that due to the capabilities they have now. If we have it, it's a bonus.

It would actually be May 8th.

If they add the Siege of Mandalore as a map with playable Mandalorians, that'll be a dream but I'm not going to expect them for that due to the capabilities they have now. If we have it, it's a bonus.

Mandalore would definitely be a HUGE bonus. I don't expect it, but it would be awesome. It could work for both PT and OT era too. It's speculated that the new FO Jet Trooper is a template for Mandalorian reinforcements.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    There's some hint about Maul getting skins (could be a longshot, might not be, who knows?):

There's some hint about Maul getting skins (could be a longshot, might not be, who knows?):

Hopefully we get a skin for Maul based off The Clone Wars.
  • Lyc4n
    1887 posts Member
    masontcarr wrote: »

Hopefully we get a skin for Maul based off The Clone Wars.

Well theyve said dark side heroes need skins now and theyve been saying they acknowledge the priority list of skins that the community wants for ages which put maul very high. So they could have done it before hand and just release it now alongside the season. When the first trailer came out months ago at star wars celebration i remember one of the devs tweeting they have a lot of work to do with the trailer linked and i personally hvnt seen anything added to the game to do with that trailer i dont think which makes you wonder, if they were working on that sort of content then, where did it all go?
  • Lyc4n
    1887 posts Member
    My dream content from the series would be a mandalore cs,
    Ahsoka and ventress
    The 332nd battalion skin
    Couple more commando skins
    Mandalorian aerial reinforcement with the new mechanics hopefully for both sides allowing for many skin posibilities.
  • c7susb9
    130 posts Member
    edited January 23
    As much as I'd love to think Clone Wars is coming back for a February event, I feel like it won't. They've said they're "on to other eras now" when asked about more Clone Wars stuff (other eras, plural). There have been zero teases for Clone Wars content recently. The hero designer said today on Twitter that after BB-8 and BB-9e, that he will just be working on hero tweaks and balances for February, which sounds like there will be no Ahsoka. Dennis recently apologized for not providing any female heroes, as he had promised forever ago.

IDK. I hope I'm wrong and we get a surprise Ahsoka drop. But if it's happening, it's being kept a TIGHT secret.
  • Lyc4n
    1887 posts Member
    c7susb9 wrote: »
    As much as I'd love to think Clone Wars is coming back for a February event, I feel like it won't. They've said they're "on to other eras now" when asked about more Clone Wars stuff (other eras, plural). There have been zero teases for Clone Wars content recently. The hero designer said today on Twitter that after BB-8 and BB-9e, that he will just be working on hero tweaks and balances for February, which sounds like there will be no Ahsoka. Dennis recently apologized for not providing any female heroes, as he had promised forever ago.

IDK. I hope I'm wrong and we get a surprise Ahsoka drop. But if it's happening, it's being kept a TIGHT secret.

I see wat u mean, im the say, most evidence points towards her not coming. The only way she could come is if shes already finished a while back and they are just waiting for the right time.

Tbh when theres been much speculation about a character that wsnt coming they came out and denied it.
    Mace windu they said they were not interested in.
    Jango fett they said not until theres a ls jet pack and even then they would prefer cad bane.
    Ahsoka has had a huge amount more speculation and they have never come out to dismiss this and many people believe she will come alongside season 7 the same way they thought she was coming at the end of the clone wars updates.

If she is not in the feb-may roadmap. It will be a bit of a pisstake tbh, not that shes not in the game but that the devs havnt come out well in advance to say they have no plans for her considering how long this has been going.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member

It's likely a tight secret (even the entire roadmap for 2020) and this is basically DICE now following how Lucasfilm is with leaks. For TFA and TROS, since they're working with Bad Robot (since JJ's directing), leaks have came out and were true spoilers in the film. With Rogue One, TLJ, and Solo, since they were Lucasfilm-only productions, not a lot of leaks came out.
  • ArchAngeL_777
    2591 posts Member
    edited January 24

I think Ahsoka and Ventress have been done for a while. Regardless, they wouldn't start them after BB-8 and BB-9E if they were going to release them a month later.

If this happens, it will be just a one month drop as a special event with maybe some skins. Then they will move to OT era Co-op and CS. They never said they were completely done with PT.
  • Oh god I hope not
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    Oh god I hope not

It'll be the last PT content drop for a while if it happens, then, we'll be moving on to other parts of the canon to do content drops for OT and ST.

Plus, now you'll get ROTS from other points of view in Season 7 since the Siege of Mandalore happens during the Battle of Coruscant, Utapau, Kashyyyk, etc. and it'll lead into Order 66.

It's also relevant to the Mandalorian, especially when the events were mentioned by the Client and Moff Gideon and since Katee Sackhoff (voice actor of Bo-Katan in TCW and Rebels) is rumored to show up in Season 2 as Bo-Katan in live-action, it'll tie-in to this:
    Oh god I hope not

It'll be the last PT content drop for a while if it happens, then, we'll be moving on to other parts of the canon to do content drops for OT and ST.

Plus, now you'll get ROTS from other points of view in Season 7 since the Siege of Mandalore happens during the Battle of Coruscant, Utapau, Kashyyyk, etc. and it'll lead into Order 66.

It's also relevant to the Mandalorian, especially when the events were mentioned by the Client and Moff Gideon and since Katee Sackhoff (voice actor of Bo-Katan in TCW and Rebels) is rumored to show up in Season 2 as Bo-Katan in live-action, it'll tie-in to this:

Maybe it will be the last Clone Wars content we get for the game.
  • Im hoping it heavily overlaps ROTS.
    Lowkey would like to see ROTS redone in TCW style- might be askin for too much tho.

However they better give us the Battle of Coruscant or that’ll be a big miss
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Im hoping it heavily overlaps ROTS.
    Lowkey would like to see ROTS redone in TCW style- might be askin for too much tho.

You want revenge of the sith done in animation?!

Wow... 😲

I'd like to see all CW series redone in cinematic. I might enjoy them then.
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

Yeah. Speaking of Revenge of the Sith, the movie turns 15 this year.
  • CW era maps for Extraction would be lovely.
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    Oh god I hope not

Maybe it will be the last Clone Wars content we get for the game.

I wouldn't go that far, but I would expect it to be the last for 2020. I think we will get some more ST content, but mostly OT content including Mandalorian Season 2 content.

A lot depends on if a Battlefront 3 is happening and what content they have for that. If they support this game into 2021, I could see a return to PT to do stuff like Coruscant, Mustafar, Padme, Jango, Mace Windu, Aurra Sing, etc.
  • Lyc4n
    1887 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Wow... 😲

They will be done in animation, it has to overlap, the seige of mandalor had the fight of ahsoka and maul. Ahsoka is meant to “beat” maul but then order 66 occurs. So part of revenge of the sith would have been occuring.
  • We most likely will. Any new Clone Wars content is always welcome!
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Wow... 😲

I want to see how Sheev gets "kidnapped" in canon.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    We might be getting somewhere but it could just be the devs are fans of TCW and the canon works:

We might be getting somewhere but it could just be the devs are fans of TCW and the canon works:

My advice to Ben would be don't bother. There are better things he could be spending his time on
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member

My advice to Ben would be don't bother. There are better things he could be spending his time on

Well, how will he get ready for the Mandalorian Season 2 if he doesn't retrace the history of the Mandalorian culture (oppressed by Death Watch, taken over by Maul and his Shadow Collective, fallen to the Empire, the Alliance (through Sabine) rallies them together, the Empire takes them down again and Gideon takes their ultimate heirloom)?