criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Anakin nerfed again?

Prev13
23o2uai6hfzn.jpg

Pathetic

Replies

• Drectuss wrote: »
    As long as the Anakin changes don't hurt his HvV potential too much, him and Luke are just about the only thing competing with most of the dark side.
    LS still gonna get squashed
  • 🤔 Anakin 1 hit killing troopers was an issue?

Maybe it's a nerf to his abilities and their impact on troopers.

Again all of his moves do the exact same damage as Luke's. Dumb nerf

Yeah probably, i dont think he will be affected in HvV.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Apparently. Dont know why they're nerfing his star cards & damage against troopers. He has the same damage output as Luke in ga
    🤔 Anakin 1 hit killing troopers was an issue?

But hopefully it isn’t gonna be ALL damage. LS in HvV can’t afford that LOL
  • I'm all for nerfing his abilities. Using pull dominance, heroic might, then passionate strike all in a chain combo like that is ridiculous.
  • I'm all for nerfing his abilities. Using pull dominance, heroic might, then passionate strike all in a chain combo like that is ridiculous.

But what does a damage nerf do to combat that? Unless he is complete my re-worked, there is no way around that combination. It is not the damage of the abilities that hurts - it is the 5 seconds of vulnerability that comes from 2 abilities that ragdoll you and open you up to 4 saver swings and ergo, 500 damage from them!

Using abilities to attack is apart of the game.
  • graveyard3377
    134 posts Member
    edited January 23
    I'm all for nerfing his abilities. Using pull dominance, heroic might, then passionate strike all in a chain combo like that is ridiculous.

A blaster hero stands little to no chance against Anakin unless they somehow get lucky. Anakin just uses his chained abilities along with sabar spamming because he has endless stamina and it's all over for anyone with a blaster.

A blaster hero stands little to no chance against Anakin unless they somehow get lucky. Anakin just uses his chained abilities along with sabar spamming and it's all over for anyone with a blaster.

Boba has air recovery, phasma her droid, bossk has his mines he can camp leaving just iden. Blasters have little chance against anyone with a saber
  • However they nerf Anakin he will always be problem just because of his design
  • Anakin does need a nerf, his way to easy to play/ make profit from. The whole game design around him is broken tbh but then again its a casual game.
  • Feelee16
    1299 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Luke is definitely more powerful and easier to use than his father now imo. Hopefully they fix Anakin's bugs though

Apparently. Dont know why they're nerfing his star cards & damage against troopers. He has the same damage output as Luke in ga

But hopefully it isn’t gonna be ALL damage. LS in HvV can’t afford that LOL

☝️☝️☝️
  • He also said they have a Leia buff in the works
  • Darth_Ruin_0
    254 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Spoilers:
  • I imagine they’ll nerf Massive Strikes, All of Them, and Raw Strength to remove his OHK potential on troopers. Won’t be any point playing him over Luke in GA if that happens. Disappointing, but I expected it with all the whining.

They’re nerfing Palp incorrectly, but whatever. Might stop him from being played every game.

Mroz also teased the Leia buffs. They actually sounds promising. Sounds like Vader is getting his block with Choke, as well.
    y676lyr9spd3.jpeg
    fnbcbw5eqixi.jpeg
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Part of me is optimistic and thinks they’ll buff PS or fix Ani’s bugs, to compensate these nerfs, but I doubt it, knowing DICE.
  • I imagine they’ll nerf Massive Strikes, All of Them, and Raw Strength to remove his OHK potential on troopers. Won’t be any point playing him over Luke in GA if that happens. Disappointing, but I expected it with all the whining.

They’re nerfing Palp incorrectly, but whatever. Might stop him from being played every game.

Mroz also teased the Leia buffs. They actually sounds promising. Sounds like Vader is getting his block with Choke, as well.
    y676lyr9spd3.jpeg
    fnbcbw5eqixi.jpeg

Flash will get buffed, E11 will get modified, and squad shield replaced. Calling it now. Unless they replace flash with thermal imploder.

y676lyr9spd3.jpeg
    fnbcbw5eqixi.jpeg

Flash will get buffed, E11 will get modified, and squad shield replaced. Calling it now. Unless they replace flash with thermal imploder.

Whenever I hear someone say the word "Thermal Imploder" *_*
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Palpatine needs it for sure but I would have left anakin alone he isn't that annoying now

y676lyr9spd3.jpeg
    fnbcbw5eqixi.jpeg

Seems possible.

Any buffs to her won’t matter until rolls are fixed and saber lunge/tracking is lowered, but I guess it’s something.
  • DarthLando
    1959 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Smh smh smh

Not the way to nerf Palps. What’s the point in using his aura now ? Can’t jump + 15 damage a second, so good!

Was this necessary for Anakin ?
    PSN: DarthLando-

Are you supposed to say "apart" or "a part"? I think it's the latter right?

Are you supposed to say "apart" or "a part"? I think it's the latter right?

The latter

y676lyr9spd3.jpeg
    fnbcbw5eqixi.jpeg

I’m hoping that they will replace the shield with an ability where she simply leans forward, extending her neck, and says “make it quick”.

A blaster hero stands little to no chance against Anakin unless they somehow get lucky. Anakin just uses his chained abilities along with sabar spamming and it's all over for anyone with a blaster.

Boba has air recovery, phasma her droid, bossk has his mines he can camp leaving just iden. Blasters have little chance against anyone with a saber

Lmao You can Pull both Phasma and Bossk from there camping spots. Iden is dead meat. Boba can recover if hes lucky but if he gets hit with both Pull and HM Boba is losing at least 300-400 health cause he is open after HM

Lmao You can Pull both Phasma and Bossk from there camping spots. Iden is dead meat. Boba can recover if hes lucky but if he gets hit with both Pull and HM Boba is losing at least 300-400 health cause he is open after HM

You're not pulling nothing on jabba's palace or in the castle on takodana not to mention phasma has 50% damage reduction she can eat all the damage & make it back. Iden is just iden. Boba easily can get away

You're not pulling nothing on jabba's palace or in the castle on takodana not to mention phasma has 50% damage reduction she can eat all the damage & make it back. Iden is just iden. Boba easily can get away

Yes map desgin and placement is a factor but most maps are open in most areas. Theres a few that are closed off. If you dont have the area to pull someone you should be close enough to hit them with the lightsaber.
  • Palps yes Anakin no
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24
  • When they're going to nerf Anakin for the 27th time instead of fixing his myriad of bugs
    cdild9fqby94.gif
  • anidriX
    1618 posts Member
    For those who are expecting these changes not to affect Anakin in HvV, it most likely will. Why? Because his nerf is around damage to troopers and cards. Card don't have different values for troopers and heroes. So if they nerf Massive Strikes to deal 145, he will be dealing less damage in HvV as well. If they nerf raw strength to any value still above 30 then that would be an HvV nerf because he would still OHK troopers. And IF they nerf it below that well...
    Passionate Strike probably won't get touched and his Pull Dominance isn't a problem vs troopers so any nerf on that will hit him hard in HvV.

In any case, expect his nerf to affect him in HvV. Bad move, whiners in Reddit have won. But of course, the Leia buff EVERY SINGLE PLAYER EVERYWHERE keeps requesting will still take 2 more months. Nice priorities DICE.
  • About time. Should have been kill switched till then but what are you gonna do.
  • CC_1010
    3221 posts Member
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    About time. Should have been kill switched till then but what are you gonna do.

„LOL“
  • CeymalRen wrote: »

03tzsh9nf05j.jpg
    Anakin is strong but a killstwitch....I mean come one man

Smell like bad
  • bads and **** win again yay.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

It's the fact that all 4 of his abilities can deal insane damage with no possible defense against them unless you count running as a defense. So it's not the damage output itself. It's the combination of abilities. The only way to fix this is to remove the 4th skill. Drastically rework his abilities or (the lazy way) reduce the damage output. I don't play with Crywalker so I couldn't care less what they do but the way he is now is a joke.
  • CC_1010
    3221 posts Member

It's the fact that all 4 of his abilities can deal insane damage with no possible defense against them unless you count running as a defense. So it's not the damage output itself. It's the combination of abilities. The only way to fix this is to remove the 4th skill. Drastically rework his abilities or (the lazy way) reduce the damage output. I don't play with Crywalker so I couldn't care less what they do but the way he is now is a joke.

I dominate anakin with any DS saber lol. Grievous, Vador, dooku are all ez Mode to kill him.

Smell like bad

Smells like "Press 4 buttons, kill everyone and feel like a good player even tho it took no skill".

Smell like bad

Smells like "Press 4 buttons, kill everyone and feel like a good player even tho it took no skill".

If you're letting anakin use all 4 abilities on you you suck?

And if the Anakin waste all 4 abilities on one person they suck as well