criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Might as well get it over with and nerf Luke too

Seriously forget balance let’s just get this vendetta over and done with since apparently going character by character and adjusting accordingly is too difficult compared to just nerfing LS into the dirt. What’s next a lando nerf? At this point with the constant nerf buff cycle you might as well give every saber user the same abilities and every blaster user the same as well so we can quit playing this game of back and forth.

Replies

• Let’s revert Luke to launch and then half his damage and double his cooldown times.
  • No. Time to leave heroes alone, now. You've done enough damage.
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    No. Time to leave heroes alone, now. You've done enough damage.

Obviously they need balancing. We need to triple their costs and half their HP as well.

Obviously they need balancing. We need to triple their costs and half their HP as well.

No. Leave heroes alone. And in what world would having heroes have the same health as a trooper be a solution????

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • May as well throw the rest of the LS in that basket, as well.

Been seeing people say Han is OP, so that needs to come to an end.
    Confidence born of ignorance
    polarition wrote: »

No. Leave heroes alone. And in what world would having heroes have the same health as a trooper be a solution????

I’m being sarcastic dude.

Let’s make it to where Detonite does 10 damage in a 20 inch radius, anything after that does nothing.

Sorry. I've literally seen actually serious people ask for those things before.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

Let’s make it to where Detonite does 10 damage in a 20 inch radius, anything after that does nothing.

Concussion missile wishes it was that useful
  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    May as well throw the rest of the LS in that basket, as well.

😂😂😂
    Confidence born of ignorance

Sorry. I've literally seen actually serious people ask for those things before.

No way. LMFAO
  • If they do nerf him it'll most likely be the Starcards and swing speed?
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

May as well throw the rest of the LS in that basket, as well.

OOF size Large.
  • ROMG4
    4093 posts Member
    Just nerf his ability to chain stun with might and pull

That combo is annoying
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

That combo is annoying

Make it to where the damage is the same but make it to where HM can’t knock over after Pull.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

That combo is annoying

To be fair Vader’s combo is annoying too
  • Let's just nuke the whole game

We need a 1000 damage HM again on this whole game.

6s3z4fjb5y3c.gif

jjua477h25co.jpg

You get it?

Cause some people call microwaving food nuk... okay, nevermind.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
    Let's just nuke the whole game

jjua477h25co.jpg

You get it?

Cause some people call microwaving food nuk... okay, nevermind.

😂😂😂
  • Psy3d
    1088 posts Member
    Yes why stop with Anakin? Keep those nerfs coming...since it's inevitable based on the complain threads! I also think force jump is TOO high and heroes should run at the same speed as everyone else. Make it even more casual friendly to get the numbers up....we all WIN at the end @F8RGE o:)
  • Let’s revert Luke to launch and then half his damage and double his cooldown times.

what was launch Luke like?
    tumblr_pgznzmkaGj1vsq4fko1_540.gifv
  • Alexios431 wrote: »
    Let’s revert Luke to launch and then half his damage and double his cooldown times.

He did barely 100 damage per swing and had a swing speed tied with Vader and Kylo (slow), while his rush attack was very slow and left him with like a second after using the ability where he couldn't do anything because of how clunky the animation was. His force push and repulse did a whopping 65 and 50 damage respectively to both troopers and heroes. I also believe he had 700 hp instead of the current 750
  • Drectuss wrote: »
    Alexios431 wrote: »
    Let’s revert Luke to launch and then half his damage and double his cooldown times.

He did barely 100 damage per swing and had a swing speed tied with Vader and Kylo (slow), while his rush attack was very slow and left him with like a second after using the ability where he couldn't do anything because of how clunky the animation was. His force push and repulse did a whopping 65 and 50 damage respectively to both troopers and heroes. I also believe he had 700 hp instead of the current 750

Jesus Christ I forgot he was that awful.
  • Drectuss wrote: »

I still stuck with him too. Imo he was pretty satisfying to play with then in HVV, dodging attacks and all. Feels a little cheap for me now for some reason idk why.
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• Feelee16 wrote: »
    Drectuss wrote: »

I still stuck with him too. Imo he was pretty satisfying to play with then in HVV, dodging attacks and all. Feels a little cheap for me now for some reason idk why.
    He's much stronger now so maybe that's why?

He's much stronger now so maybe that's why?

Yeah, I kinda like playing with weaker characters for some reason. I mostly play Leia or Yoda now
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

Yeah I always stuck with him too, even though I could do much better with other characters. Those were the days, back when I could always pick him because no one else wanted to lol. I just wish Obi-Wan and Yoda were better than they currently are atm
  • Feelee16
    1391 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Feelee16 wrote: »

Yeah I always stuck with him too, even though I could do much better with other characters. Those were the days, back when I could always pick him because no one else wanted to lol. I just wish Obi-Wan and Yoda were better than they currently are atm

Exactly, now everyone picks him. Yeah Obi-wan and yoda are pretty bad at the moment. Especially Yoda and how he gets stuck trying to dodge a lot or how his block stops working randomly sometimes
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

evimv1rx6k3q.jpeg

This is actually really awful, I love the meme, but lost respect of Ben.
    evimv1rx6k3q.jpeg

This is actually really awful, I love the meme, but lost respect of Ben.

They say they want to communicate but don’t seem to like the forums much, I consider it a piece of art expressing the hilarity of the situation. So many decisions are tone deaf to the community or the actual situations gameplay wise.
  • Alright, imma be the first to say it:

Devs have other things to do than talk on the forum. More importantly, he answered your question about who was getting nerfed and yet you guys are still expecting more. You do realize he's not going to sit down for an hour long Q&A about the team's reasoning behind it, right?

I'm seeing things like you've "lost respect of Ben" and that their decisions are "tone deaf to the community" even though people actually did call for an Anakin nerf, just not primarily on the forums which is NOT the majority of the community. You also asked for Palpatine nerfs and you're getting that as well.

Please try to keep in mind that you guys, as forum users, might have an understanding of how to play a game but you don't necessarily understand the mechanics behind making a game work properly. If they chose to lower Palpatine's damage and remove his aura, they did it for a reason. If they're lowering Anakin's dmg star cards, they're doing it for a reason. Not because someone said lol and then started making random changes.

I'm sure there's people out there who would want more specific details behind changes being made. Who doesn't? But that doesn't mean they have to give them to you. You don't have some kind of right to know like you're an executive at EA just because you bought a copy of the game. I know there's people out there who are like "I paid for the game! I want it to work perfectly!" blah blah blah, but the game actually works fine. The changes they're making aren't preventing you accessing the game. You bought a copy to play, and you're able to play. You didn't buy the rights to Star Wars or the right to be the deciding factor to whatever changes the company makes to the game.

So, bashing Ben because he stopped responding to the tons of yelling going on over Anakin isn't the way to go. And yet you guys wonder why they're not paying as much attention to the forums lol

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • BlueSpy3DO
    866 posts Member
    edited January 24
    Alright, imma be the first to say it:

Devs have other things to do than talk on the forum. More importantly, he answered your question about who was getting nerfed and yet you guys are still expecting more. You do realize he's not going to sit down for an hour long Q&A about the team's reasoning behind it, right?

I'm seeing things like you've "lost respect of Ben" and that their decisions are "tone deaf to the community" even though people actually did call for an Anakin nerf, just not primarily on the forums which is NOT the majority of the community. You also asked for Palpatine nerfs and you're getting that as well.

Please try to keep in mind that you guys, as forum users, might have an understanding of how to play a game but you don't necessarily understand the mechanics behind making a game work properly. If they chose to lower Palpatine's damage and remove his aura, they did it for a reason. If they're lowering Anakin's dmg star cards, they're doing it for a reason. Not because someone said lol and then started making random changes.

I'm sure there's people out there who would want more specific details behind changes being made. Who doesn't? But that doesn't mean they have to give them to you. You don't have some kind of right to know like you're an executive at EA just because you bought a copy of the game. I know there's people out there who are like "I paid for the game! I want it to work perfectly!" blah blah blah, but the game actually works fine. The changes they're making aren't preventing you accessing the game. You bought a copy to play, and you're able to play. You didn't buy the rights to Star Wars or the right to be the deciding factor to whatever changes the company makes to the game.

So, bashing Ben because he stopped responding to the tons of yelling going on over Anakin isn't the way to go. And yet you guys wonder why they're not paying as much attention to the forums lol

True being harsh isn’t the correct response and I personally could process the situation in a more healthy way than I did by wasting my time making a meme so people would think I’m funny.
    You brought up a Q/A session though and that is where my true gripe is. On absolutely no form of media do they attempt to communicate beyond basic conversation and highly specific basic unimportant questions and that’s absolutely ridiculous. Nowhere do they make any active attempt to cultivate a conversation, we are told what’s happening a week beforehand if we are lucky and that’s it.
    I could care less about anakin or palpatine or Leia or the beach balls or anyone else, what I care about is them building up this community that stick by them and supporting us like we’ve supported them. Sure we can be toxic and obnoxious but that’s what internet anonymity creates. Just cause we can be jerks doesn’t mean we don’t care.

True being harsh isn’t the correct response and I personally could process the situation in a more healthy way than I did by wasting my time making a meme so people would think I’m funny.
    You brought up a Q/A session though and that is where my true gripe is. On absolutely no form of media do they attempt to communicate beyond basic conversation and highly specific basic unimportant questions and that’s absolutely ridiculous. Nowhere do they make any active attempt to cultivate a conversation, we are told what’s happening a week beforehand if we are lucky and that’s it.
    I could care less about anakin or palpatine or Leia or the beach balls or anyone else, what I care about is them building up this community that stick by them and supporting us like we’ve supported them. Sure we can be toxic and obnoxious but that’s what internet anonymity creates. Just cause we can be jerks doesn’t mean we don’t care.

No one wants to have a conversation with someone who's just insulting them all the time.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
    CT_93921 wrote: »

No one wants to have a conversation with someone who's just insulting them all the time.

Their are plenty of voices of reason on this forum, granted I might not always be one of them but still I have full confidence in the community. Sure I can admit I don’t always handle it well and try to grow up a bit, and maybe not everyone can do the same but that’s no reason to denigrate the whole group to just being insulting.

Their are plenty of voices of reason on this forum, granted I might not always be one of them but still I have full confidence in the community. Sure I can admit I don’t always handle it well and try to grow up a bit, and maybe not everyone can do the same but that’s no reason to denigrate the whole group to just being insulting.

I'm not talking about you specifically, I'm talking about people here in general. This forum is a lot more negative than it is positive. Constant calls for nerfs, insulting devs over not bringing the right kind of content they want, always insulting them over minor bugs in the game, etc. etc. Even today, they hadn't even released the patch notes, just vaguely mentioned that Anakin and Palpatine were getting nerfed because they were asked and it resulted in like 7 different discussions opening where they're all yelling at DICE for planning on nerfing Anakin.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • Well that doesn’t mean those of us who can handle ourselves such as you yourself should be ignored. That’s all part of cultivating the community, and I believe in it. Hence why I’ve started the Q/A posting lately.
    Well that doesn’t mean those of us who can handle ourselves such as you yourself should be ignored. That’s all part of cultivating the community, and I believe in it. Hence why I’ve started the Q/A posting lately.

But you also can't expect them to be surveying the forums constantly waiting for questions to answer when there's so many.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

Here’s the thing dude: Ben is aCommunity Manager. He’s not an actual dev. Yes, I know he has other things to do. But he blatantly ignores actual issues. I actually have a somewhat small understanding on how the game works. I know some code. He left way faster than he normally does. There has been almost no moderator and dev presence all day. Ben was here for about 30 minutes and left. I saw Tom online for about 5 minutes and he was gone. I haven’t seen anyone other than those two. Yes, they are being rather tone deaf. They are listening to the dolts on Reddit who still complain about Rey of all people on balancing issues and whiners like Swany. They don’t really consider their changes until after they happen. It happened with Vader, Boba, Finn and Phasma.
  • I don’t want to hassle the devs too much, and hell, I know I complain a lot. I’m just sick of awful balancing time and time again.

Here’s the thing dude: Ben is aCommunity Manager. He’s not an actual dev. Yes, I know he has other things to do. But he blatantly ignores actual issues. I actually have a somewhat small understanding on how the game works. I know some code. He left way faster than he normally does. There has been almost no moderator and dev presence all day. Ben was here for about 30 minutes and left. I saw Tom online for about 5 minutes and he was gone. I haven’t seen anyone other than those two. Yes, they are being rather tone deaf. They are listening to the dolts on Reddit who still complain about Rey of all people on balancing issues and whiners like Swany. They don’t really consider their changes until after they happen. It happened with Vader, Boba, Finn and Phasma.

Why'd you quote me twice?

And why were you timing how long they were online for???

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

Oops, accident.

Also I didn’t time them, I just knew how long I was on for and for how long they were on during that period.

Oops, accident.

Also I didn’t time them, I just knew how long I was on for and for how long they were on during that period.

How long did he need to be online for you to be happy?

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
    Well that doesn’t mean those of us who can handle ourselves such as you yourself should be ignored. That’s all part of cultivating the community, and I believe in it. Hence why I’ve started the Q/A posting lately.

But you also can't expect them to be surveying the forums constantly waiting for questions to answer when there's so many.

No I don’t that would be a monumental task, the very least they could do is make a post after every community survey and address the more popular content or comments raised. They have more than enough information all they need to do is use it.

Oops, accident.

How long did he need to be online for you to be happy?

Not for long periods, just off and on every-now and then throughout the day.
  • JMaster
    2487 posts Member
    People on here who say we're too negative are all starting to sound like this to me.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    People on here who say we're too negative are all starting to sound like this to me.
    Too true.