criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Add polls for balance changes.

Look Dice. People obviously do not want unnecessary changes, like with this Anakin business. We need to vote on changes. Create polls so one group is not heard over another (Looking at you Reddit.). For the sake of fairness, this needs to be a thing.

Replies

• with how bad most of this player base is at the game im not sure if that would really help.

Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN: unit900000 Xbox gamer tag: MetaltronXII
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    with how bad most of this player base is at the game im not sure if that would really help.

Better than nothing at least.
  • That would at least create more transparency, and reassure us that’s it’s not simply a choice made on the basis of a handful of soar losers blasting the threads.
  • That would at least create more transparency, and reassure us that’s it’s not simply a choice made on the basis of a handful of soar losers blasting the threads.

My thoughts exactly.
  • This is a really obvious and really good idea.

Which is exactly why DICE won’t implement it. They seem to think they are actually capable of game balance.
  • Imagine if Activision or Rockstar had done this game... Do you think it would be in the state it's in? No way
  • How about DICE stops wasting their time trying to balance an unbalanceable game and instead works on pushing out content for extraction and SFA
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • How about DICE stops wasting their time trying to balance an unbalanceable game and instead works on pushing out content for extraction and SFA

My guess would be because those are the least populated modes.
  • I guess my idea is too optimistic.

can't argue with this
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's

your guess is wrong, SFA is always busy and Extraction usually has full games even though it is buried under DICE's mistakes

your guess is wrong, SFA is always busy and Extraction usually has full games even though it is buried under DICE's mistakes

Still not as popular as GA, CS, or HvV. So that means DICE doesn’t care at all.

I agree, they aren't as populated, but the thing is they are perfectly balanced as is. DICE has spent more than TWO YEARS trying to balance HvV, and arguably they have gone nowhere. I just simply have realized that DICE is incapable of balancing and should focus on the other stuff.

SFA is most certainly nowhere near as busy as GA, CS or HvV. From what I hear, neither is extraction. Both modes have a cult following but the other 3 mentioned have full games all day every day.

SFA is most certainly nowhere near as busy as GA, CS or HvV. From what I hear, neither is extraction. Both modes have a cult following but the other 3 mentioned have full games all day every day.

That post you made was weird

LOL. Too bad you missed out

Nah I saw it lol. A friend of mines showed me lol. Wonder why he brought someones real name up 😭

I agree, they aren't as populated, but the thing is they are perfectly balanced as is. DICE has spent more than TWO YEARS trying to balance HvV, and arguably they have gone nowhere. I just simply have realized that DICE is incapable of balancing and should focus on the other stuff.

Laughs in Poe Damaron and Boba Fett.

Nah I saw it lol. A friend of mines showed me lol. Wonder why he brought someones real name up 😭

He was silly. Sweet Ahsoka pic btw👌
  • With all the players that still think Rey is OP, I could see this going very poorly.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • With all the players that still think Rey is OP, I could see this going very poorly.

Lol you may be right.

Great point

Are you really that bad that you can't hit the giant Slave 1 with your precious Y-Wing ion cannons? Even if the mode is slightly unbalanced in one or two aspects, at least you can still have fun in it. Unlike HvV and GA which are nearly unplayable at this point.

Are you really that bad that you can't hit the giant Slave 1 with your precious Y-Wing ion cannons? Even if the mode is slightly unbalanced in one or two aspects, at least you can still have fun in it. Unlike HvV and GA which are nearly unplayable at this point.

I don’t play SFA you dolt. I’ve just heard that they are mega op in those modes. Especially Boba with his seismic charge.

I don’t play SFA you dolt. I’ve just heard that they are mega op in those modes. Especially Boba with his seismic charge.
    Well then you've heard very wrong, nothing is at all mega op in that mode.

GA isn’t getting content either.

Well then you've heard very wrong, nothing is at all mega op in that mode.

Whatever. I don’t know the mode so I really don’t care. Maybe I’ll try it out.

GA isn’t getting content either.

True.
  • This wouldn’t really work. The community is wrong often times, everyone is acting like this Anakin nerf is crazy it’s not a big deal he’ll still be a good hero.
  • This wouldn’t really work. The community is wrong often times, everyone is acting like this Anakin nerf is crazy it’s not a big deal he’ll still be a good hero.

It’s better than one part of the community controlling the content.
  • Kuvox
    131 posts Member
    A survey/poll isn't a bad idea. I think DICE needs to take its entire player base into account on occasion. The only way a survey/poll would be accurate, though, is if it were added to the game when one logs in and people were chosen randomly to take it over a decent period of time. I think something like this is important to implement because I fear the YouTube personalities and the SWBFII Reddit community are the classic, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease," phenomenon at play. A valid survey could provide a strong counter to this if done infrequently (and that's important). Would it mean the community's majority is right? No, but it would provide important context and be good customer service. I'm pretty sure that those who visit this forum and/or frequent the SWBFII Reddit and Twitter pages are a small minority of the game's actual players.
    Palpatine hunter
  • Kuvox wrote: »
    A survey/poll isn't a bad idea. I think DICE needs to take its entire player base into account on occasion. The only way a survey/poll would be accurate, though, is if it were added to the game when one logs in and people were chosen randomly to take it over a decent period of time. I think something like this is important to implement because I fear the YouTube personalities and the SWBFII Reddit community are the classic, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease," phenomenon at play. A valid survey could provide a strong counter to this if done infrequently (and that's important). Would it mean the community's majority is right? No, but it would provide important context and be good customer service. I'm pretty sure that those who visit this forum and/or frequent the SWBFII Reddit and Twitter pages are a small minority of the game's actual players.

Good idea.
  • Survey unlikely to happen and even if it did:

Would Dice share the results?
    Would they listen?
    How do you prioritize such subjective data?
    Will there be a clear majority on any issues?

If an idea is popular with community but runs counter to EA/Disney interests Dice is screwed.

Giving the average Joe or Jane that much input sets expectations even higher...star wars fans already have a sense of entightlement and ownership that is ridiculously unrealistic.

Everyone thinks they have the next answer for balance, or new heroes, or skin priorities or wtf ever...but not everyone's idea can be implemented. So no matter what Dice does, chunks of the player base are upset or feel slighted.

Dice gets to make the game. It is our choice whether or not we play it.

It's just as ugly as party politics at this point and I wouldn't want Ben's job if you offered it to me.

as does SFA, at least on my platform

What is your platform? Because I try to find games of SFA once in awhile, and yes during peak hours it's usually pretty good. But very late at night and early in the morning, particularly on weekdays, it's very rare to find a full game. Xbox1

What is your platform? Because I try to find games of SFA once in awhile, and yes during peak hours it's usually pretty good. But very late at night and early in the morning, particularly on weekdays, it's very rare to find a full game. Xbox1

I know whenever I play I have no issues no matter when I try on my xbox1, could just be the different servers though.
  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    How about DICE stops wasting their time trying to balance an unbalanceable game and instead works on pushing out content for extraction and SFA

I know whenever I play I have no issues no matter when I try on my xbox1, could just be the different servers though.

I agree, during peak hours. Try finding a game in the middle of the night on a Tuesday. Then try finding a game of ga cs or hvv.my point is that those three modes have games around the clock every day of the week and SFA is really only good during peak hours.