criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Officer Nerf Confirmed

Prev1
Caggiamichele59
288 posts Member
edited January 23
s618lnl38ruo.png

Replies

• Just nerf their BP point gain, nothing else is needed.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• It's something about the community manager...hmm. anyone else agree
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• Officer will now be reduced to ashes
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    That's not a confirmation lol
    That's just some awesome sass.

Yes I know this discussion is ironic😂
  • Nerf this, nerf that. This deal's getting worse by the minute!
  • Maybe they’ll nerf their default blasters again. Because, you know, their default blaster damage was totally the issue?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • This game has been this way from the start imo, it feels like it was made to accommodate bad to average players and it absolutely rewards bad and average gameplay,.... and so the skill gap continues to fall.
  • Lol if heavy ever becomes the meta you all are going to really wish they didn't nerf officer.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Lol if heavy ever becomes the meta you all are going to really wish they didn't nerf officer.

Heavy is already meta for me😈
  • Ppong_Man12
    3026 posts Member
    edited January 24
    Officer BP should have been nerfed ages ago, but instead they nerf the blurrg making it close to useless, good game. Hope they don’t nerf the 44 anymore, it’s all that’s left. We’ll be down to 3 classes if not careful.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    i1qov5eijrht.jpg

Where exactly is that tweet on twitter? I can't find it.
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    i1qov5eijrht.jpg

Where exactly is that tweet on twitter? I can't find it.

Oh it's got points next to it. That mean it's Reddit?
  • Nvm. Found it.
  • Bout time.
  • I'm all for nerfing the battle point gain, but nothing else. They already made the flash grenade pretty bad and the blurg is nerfed into the ground.

They will do something dumb. Time to switch to Assault tbh lmao
  • This game has been this way from the start imo, it feels like it was made to accommodate bad to average players and it absolutely rewards bad and average gameplay,.... and so the skill gap continues to fall.
    So what, you want this game to turn into a Noob Death Camp or something?
  • I'm all for nerfing the battle point gain, but nothing else. They already made the flash grenade pretty bad and the blurg is nerfed into the ground.

They will do something dumb. Time to switch to Assault tbh lmao

I main heavy now, this game is really musical nerfs with DICE's incompetent "balancing" changes every other update
  • Reiek54 wrote: »
    This game has been this way from the start imo, it feels like it was made to accommodate bad to average players and it absolutely rewards bad and average gameplay,.... and so the skill gap continues to fall.

the problem with pandering to noobs is it creates a game dynamic that quickly gets stale...it's all sugar, no protein diet...but obviously for the B team DICE gave this game too, "this is the way"
  • Ppong_Man12
    3026 posts Member
    edited January 24
    Reiek54 wrote: »
    This game has been this way from the start imo, it feels like it was made to accommodate bad to average players and it absolutely rewards bad and average gameplay,.... and so the skill gap continues to fall.

It’s already a noobs dream. If they compress the skill gap anymore it’s gonna implode. Nerf bp or take it away for all I care, that’s always been the main issue with officer along with officers presence, but nerfing classes, heroes, weapons, or any item to the point of being unusable is almost equivalent to talking away content imo.

Talking about this on Reddit now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/esxyls/incoming_officer_nerf/
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on

It’s already a noobs dream. If they compress the skill gap anymore it’s gonna implode. Nerf bp or take it away for all I care, that’s always been the main issue with officer along with officers presence, but nerfing classes, heroes, weapons, or any item to the point of being unusable is almost equivalent to talking away content imo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/esxyls/incoming_officer_nerf/
    You’re making NO business sense whatsoever. Why do think people quit playing after launch? This game was unplayable for the person with a real job and a social life well outside of a PS4. Hell it was and still even is difficult to play when your blackout drunk.

The changes they’ve made is why it became big again, and I guarantee that the majority of the “noobs” you refer to are ones that came back.

If you guys want a “challenge” and to fix so this so-called “skill gap”, why don’t you only play with stock weapons, use no star-cards and change your sensitivity settings randomly?

Flash grenade isn't bad...?
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

You’re making NO business sense whatsoever. Why do think people quit playing after launch? This game was unplayable for the person with a real job and a social life well outside of a PS4. Hell it was and still even is difficult to play when your blackout drunk.

The changes they’ve made is why it became big again, and I guarantee that the majority of the “noobs” you refer to are ones that came back.

If you guys want a “challenge” and to fix so this so-called “skill gap”, why don’t you only play with stock weapons, use no star-cards and change your sensitivity settings randomly?

Do it all the time, and all they would need to really do for noobs is unlock all weapons as it should be anyway imo, especially as messed up as weapons are currently in this game. To many are close to worthless compared to others is what I mean. Look, I’m all for new guys and get where your coming from but more nerfing isn’t the way to go about it imo.

I’ll also say it was a lot easier unlocking new weapons/attachments years ago when weapons actually worked and weren’t turned into water pistols. We have weaker weapons but greater buffs so ttk is shot. Also the way it is currently for new guys is it’s a heck of a lot harder to unlock the things like the final officer’s pistol because of the what, the nerfs.

Again, if they would just unlock weapons for new guys it would be a big help. But I agree with ya, it’s kinda ridiculous for new players, especially now with all the weapon nerfs, to unlock things.

• Ohhhhhhh boyyyy
  • It’s never too late LOL

Are... are people trying to play BF2 blackout drunk???

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »

I think there are people who post on this forum drunk and/or stoned let alone play the game impaired.
  • polarition wrote: »

It’s a videogame, youre SUPPOSED to play it blackout drunk, and/or getting drunk. Or, you don’t, or won’t get “tested” in at most 3mo, on activities of the like
  • Reiek54
    18 posts Member
    edited January 24

Do it all the time, and all they would need to really do for noobs is unlock all weapons as it should be anyway imo, especially as messed up as weapons are currently in this game. To many are close to worthless compared to others is what I mean. Look, I’m all for new guys and get where your coming from but more nerfing isn’t the way to go about it imo.

I’ll also say it was a lot easier unlocking new weapons/attachments years ago when weapons actually worked and weren’t turned into water pistols. We have weaker weapons but greater buffs so ttk is shot. Also the way it is currently for new guys is it’s a heck of a lot harder to unlock the things like the final officer’s pistol because of the what, the nerfs.

Again, if they would just unlock weapons for new guys it would be a big help. But I agree with ya, it’s kinda ridiculous for new players, especially now with all the weapon nerfs, to unlock things.
    Yeah I call total bullshlt on that 🤣. If you did, decent players with maxed weapons would annihilate you.

If anything it would be nice if they could improve the “matchmaking” scrip to even the teams up better so you don’t have one team with double digit kills and everyone on the other team just had as single kills, or even none

Yeah I call total bullshlt on that 🤣. If you did, decent players with maxed weapons would annihilate you.

If anything it would be nice if they could improve the “matchmaking” scrip to even the teams up better so you don’t have one team with double digit kills and everyone on the other team just had as single kills, or even none
    polarition wrote: »

It’s a videogame, youre SUPPOSED to play it blackout drunk, and/or getting drunk. Or, you don’t, or won’t get “tested” in at most 3mo, on activities of the like

That's just.... no. Not at all. Maybe Mario Party is good for drinking but not Battlefront 2.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

When I started unlocking things it was soo exciting!
    Why would you take out the biggest aspect that gives you an accomplished feeling and reward? It would be so weird to start a game at level 1 and have everything unlocked, before you even fully understand ANY aspects.
    Noobs are learning maps, what objectives are and where, and how to obtain. How the play feels, unlocking things as they gives them far more opportunity to learn their class, hero, ship and what all the moves do.
    It's super overwhelming at first. Add in star cards and omg. They're now spending more time looking stuff up than actually playing.

Why would you take out the biggest aspect that gives you an accomplished feeling and reward? It would be so weird to start a game at level 1 and have everything unlocked, before you even fully understand ANY aspects.
    Noobs are learning maps, what objectives are and where, and how to obtain. How the play feels, unlocking things as they gives them far more opportunity to learn their class, hero, ship and what all the moves do.
    It's super overwhelming at first. Add in star cards and omg. They're now spending more time looking stuff up than actually playing.

Unlocking things as they go... Is how that should read
  • Yes! Officer is now what its suppose to be, an assist class. No more STE-44 and Bluug being able to out shoot a Heavy with their jank Auto-Fire.
  • I hope they remove the BP gain when a match starts.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • vonVile wrote: »
    Yes! Officer is now what its suppose to be, an assist class. No more STE-44 and Bluug being able to out shoot a Heavy with their jank Auto-Fire.

Someone with better aim is going to win no matter what type of gun their holding. Don't just fire first, aim true.

Haha get real man. You think the average Xbox player has a social life that's so time consuming that they couldn't get good at this game at launch? You think they even have a social life?! Haha

Also maybe 1 in 50 are getting blind drunk playing the game. More are probably stoned though haha. But geez, you're way off in describing social and drinking habits of the majority of Xbox players I think haha.
  • TjPunx
    1763 posts Member
    They need to give more XP to officers at the start. This cap is dumb
  • Remove all BP gain.

Bring back the original guns.

• X30R
    17 posts Member
    They should definitely nerf the bp gain on the officer and remove the crutch starcard bounty hunter from all classes. Thats Proper balance.
  • TjPunx wrote: »

Remember when you kept coming back to my "nerf officer BP" thread and saying to close the thread and how nothing will happen? Remember? That was about a week or 2 ago. I remember it so well. Oh the memories.

All I’m saying is it’s currently harder to unlock weapons than it was when I did it because we’ve had so many nerfs since then and many noobs don’t stick around for the grind. Also I’m referring to weapons only not cards.

• Ppong_Man12
    3026 posts Member
    edited January 25

Call or what ever the [email protected] you want, doesn’t change the fact. If you had aim I wouldn’t need to explain it to you as you would already know. All I’m saying is if you have good aim the results are usually the same but that still doesn’t change the fact most weapons are trash in this game. Having skill doesn’t make the weapon great, just as a great weapon has nothing to do with skill.

I should also specify base weapons as all the time. I play with the base e11 as much as anything infantry wise.
  • TjPunx wrote: »

Remember when you kept coming back to my "nerf officer BP" thread and saying to close the thread and how nothing will happen? Remember? That was about a week or 2 ago. I remember it so well. Oh the memories.

😂😂😂

All I’m saying is it’s currently harder to unlock weapons than it was when I did it because we’ve had so many nerfs since then and many noobs don’t stick around for the grind. Also I’m referring to weapons only not cards.

Ahh I see. I haven't played since launch so I didn't know it's now more difficult to unlock weapons and accessories. I've played a good few months now, I enjoyed working for the unlocks but yes you're right, it did take quite a bit of effort.
    Level gain is ridiculously easy.. not that it improves anything after you starcards are max, but it's kind of annoying how quickly the level gain went up, so much so that I feel the level doesn't reflect skill in any way whatsoever. That's not right.
  • This game is **** with the way how nerfs are issued like free candy. There i used the R word whatever. I'm so **** that there's always a nerf that's either ineffective or targeting the wrong things or it's completely asinine. >:)

Call or what ever the [email protected] you want, doesn’t change the fact. If you had aim I wouldn’t need to explain it to you as you would already know. All I’m saying is if you have good aim the results are usually the same but that still doesn’t change the fact most weapons are trash in this game. Having skill doesn’t make the weapon great, just as a great weapon has nothing to do with skill.

I should also specify base weapons as all the time. I play with the base e11 as much as anything infantry wise.
    🤣 so you like a stock blaster, so what, Do you also play with no cards and randomly change your aim settings? After all, your SO good. That’s **** kid,
    You’re just trying to act cool, if you had a life you wouldn’t be rambling on about “skill” like you can throw a 99 mph slider or something. It’s a video game fffs, something to when you have a few spare hours, not some life style
    If you don’t like it, save up $60 bucks and play another game then