criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The reason why infantry modes have less players is because the 4 core classes are not fun

There's a reason everyone wants to be a reinforcement or hero, it's because the regular infantry haven't gotten anything new since launch and the core gunplay and TTK(time to kill) is too slow and boring. Plz have a ttk change or something for troopers, at least add new weapons or star cards. The main classes are just here to get killed by heroes and reinforcements

Replies

• I like regular troops, to be honest. Imo ttk is perfect this time (too fast and casual in bf15). Cleary heroes and reinforcements make them shine less because of their power... But I like the personalization of the regular troops. I just would like more weapons.
  • I do not like to play as troopers is because, yes, they are boring and stale. Heroes and Reinforcements are better in literally every way.
  • David1543 wrote: »
    I keep repeating this and I will say It again, this game should've been a battlefield reskin. That would give trooper gameplay far more depth by default, if Dice's approach wasn't for casual gamers. At this point I only hope to see a battlefront 3 with real non linear 64 player conquest, because there's no repairing the poor design choices of this one anymore.

It doesn't help that hero spam kills this game and makes It a complete gimmick joke where only the superheroes matter, but also the classes aren't really designed that unique or interesting. Each should have a personal role that motivates team work, like healing and reviving allies, repairing vehicles, giving ammunition, etc.

I couldn’t agree more! We could of had massive maps that everyone loves with huge amounts of customization, loadout and vehicle variety but no let’s go for something lesser... still bums me out the only thing close in today’s day and age to this concept is modded arma 3
  • What infantry modes?
    ^
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Yep, agree @David1543, this game is to far gone for fixing infantry, it’s for guys that like sabers. Heroes aren’t even the problem it’s mainly sabers thats the issue imo. Theres also no penalty for bad gameplay and bad gameplay is actually rewarded far to much imo.

As to ttk it’s pretty awful as shooters go imo, and made even worse with the huge health buffs making it on the insane level. Then we have weapons with huge cones of fire that rewards/helps bad aim while punishing good aim at the same time. They compressed the skill gap way to much even for a casual game.

To the op, agree, I though ttk in 15 was about perfect, a good medium and it was still slower than games like black ops 4( long ttk for a cod game), and battlefield. Fast ttk is the new MW. Hope bf3 goes back to a shooter first type game.
  • I was never one for classes and I think a majority of ppl cried for them simply out of nostalgia for the original battlefront.

Back in BF2015 the trooper combat was actually good. Since finding a token was a rarity you had to enjoy being the trooper.

Infantry now are just means for acquiring battlepoints, hence why 75% of teams run officer
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • The sheer variety of 2015 embarrasses this game
  • There's a reason everyone wants to be a reinforcement or hero, it's because the regular infantry haven't gotten anything new since launch and the core gunplay and TTK(time to kill) is too slow and boring. Plz have a ttk change or something for troopers, at least add new weapons or star cards. The main classes are just here to get killed by heroes and reinforcements

Wow. I don't think I could disagree with this any more.

Nearly every reinforcement class bores me and I never play them.. only exception is wookie warrior.

I only enjoy playing as a handful of hero's... And I prefer playing as stormtroopers more than most DS heroes.

Infantry classes are great and fun and well balanced.

Can't go along with you on this one
  • Troopers are way more fun (for me and my group) than heroes.

If troopers got a fraction of the love and attention that heroes get, they'd be even better.
  • I actually like troopers but the base guns need mods and a lot of the star cards need to be buffed.
  • You know there is a problem when I and others prefer Troopers over Reinforcements and Heroes when the gameplay is objectively poor and also hasn’t received anything new for over 2 years
  • Troopers are the core for me, but yeah, starcards are stale and there is a lot of dead ones, and the weapons.... well seriously there's so few weapons this can't be considered a shooter
  • Or because if they sought infantry focused gameplay they would go play Battlefield..
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • I prefer regular troopers and often avoid reinforcements

clearly though the reinforcements are designed for noob killstreaks and it makes many modes worse than they have to be
  • I'd take trooper only mode all day if it wasn't just an event. So much better gameplay.
  • Neonred_90 wrote: »
    I actually like troopers but the base guns need mods and a lot of the star cards need to be buffed.

Unpopular opinion, but I don't think base guns should get mods. They need to be made competitive with fully modded unlockable guns in their base form. That's the equivalent of the starting guns for each class being fully upgraded from the get go in BFV. Thus new accounts aren't disadvantaged in the gun department.
  • David1543 wrote: »
    I keep repeating this and I will say It again, this game should've been a battlefield reskin. That would give trooper gameplay far more depth by default, if Dice's approach wasn't for casual gamers. At this point I only hope to see a battlefront 3 with real non linear 64 player conquest, because there's no repairing the poor design choices of this one anymore.

It doesn't help that hero spam kills this game and makes It a complete gimmick joke where only the superheroes matter, but also the classes aren't really designed that unique or interesting. Each should have a personal role that motivates team work, like healing and reviving allies, repairing vehicles, giving ammunition, etc.

This. 64 vs 64 conquest as main mode. Deep gameplay mechanics and customization for infantry, starfighters and vehicles.

It would be amazing.
  • BlueSpy3DO
    882 posts Member
    edited January 25
    Genin wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »

This. 64 vs 64 conquest as main mode. Deep gameplay mechanics and customization for infantry, starfighters and vehicles.

It would be amazing.

There is the issue, none of that includes a situation where heroes can camp objectives of chokepoints so never gonna happen in this game. Too bad this game wasn’t trooper focused instead of being
    lOl UsE ThE FoRcE focused