criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why is the slowing effect being removed on dark aura?

It’s not really overpowered or anything and removing the slow makes the ability less unique. Is it because of the bug? If so, can the slow be reimplemented once the bug is fixed?
Hech4Lyf!

Replies

• The last thing this game needs is something slowing down the pace of gameplay.
  • Piggl3_blast3r
    571 posts Member
    edited January 23
    The last thing this game needs is something slowing down the pace of gameplay.

Then they should nerf electrocute or remove his base attack stagger. Dark aura is balanced.
    Hech4Lyf!
  • The last thing this game needs is something slowing down the pace of gameplay.
    Exactly. Combined with a full CC plus staggers on his base lightning and chain lightning, a slow down AoE is the last thing he needs.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • It's being removed because they can't figure out how to fix the slow run bug.
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    Seems like a band aid fix. Can't fix the problem so just take it out completely

Exactly. And they said they fixed it before. lol

Then they should nerf electrocute. Dark aura is balanced.
    Every aspect of palpatine needs a nerf, but Dark Aura was the most problematic I guess

PSN: this_old_mouse

Every aspect of palpatine needs a nerf, but Dark Aura was the most problematic I guess

Idk, I hadn’t ever had an issue with the ability except for the recent extended slowness bug. Why couldn’t they just fix the bug?
    Hech4Lyf!

Idk, I hadn’t ever had an issue with the ability except for the recent extended slowness bug. Why couldn’t they just fix the bug?

They said they fixed it before, yet it still exists. They probably don't know how to fix it or why it bugs out. Maybe both?
  • It’s not really overpowered or anything and removing the slow makes the ability less unique. Is it because of the bug? If so, can the slow be reimplemented once the bug is fixed?

Because they can’t fix the bug it creates so they just would rather remove it altogether.
  • I’m not sure that nerf is always a good answers to those kind of problems
  • MMGmind wrote: »
    I’m not sure that nerf is always a good answers to those kind of problems

It’s Dice, what do you expect?
  • I’m more worried about his base damage nerf. I rarely use DA as is.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I’m more worried about his base damage nerf. I rarely use DA as is.

Always seemed to me to be a cool concept but not that practical. Love the visuals.

But, just step away. Lol

Recent? It's a Day 1 BUG. The fact it took them this long to finally give up shows how concerned they were with it. It'll be one less Day 1 BUG in the 100+ long list of Day 1 BUGs never fixed
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • It’s not really overpowered or anything and removing the slow makes the ability less unique. Is it because of the bug? If so, can the slow be reimplemented once the bug is fixed?

Because they can’t fix the bug it creates so they just would rather remove it altogether.
    Dang, that sucks. I hope they fix the bug last minute (unlikely though) and decide not to remove the slow down.
    Hech4Lyf!

Dang, that sucks. I hope they fix the bug last minute (unlikely though) and decide not to remove the slow down.

lol

But no, at this point they can't change anything on the patch, as per their own words in the past. Patch gets finished before they announce it, and then they can't change it anymore
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Yeah Dark Aura will be Lando's smoke and Leia's flash grenade level now.

Ps. You can always go use him in 2015 game in which he was very balanced villain.
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    Xbox Gamertag: PlayerPurity
    Twitter: PlayersPurity

• from my point of view its a palp nerf that should have happened months ago