criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

People saying Ani will be trash after the nerf are just bad

Why does one hero get a card to 1 shot every class with no penalty and the others don’t? Why does one hero get to have every single ability instantly one shot all classes from decent range (aside from passionate but retribution easily makes up for that) with the proper cards and the others don’t? Near the top in swing stamina and block stamina, tied for second with highest base HP, great stamina regeneration, great health regeneration, oh and yeah he’s got a 4th ability that wrecks an entire room for some reason. This man can take 430 by hitting one ability to start the chain (pull, might, two hits) without any star cards! 520 with Massive Strikes and Raw Strength! Not to mention the occasional hits in the back. Easily possible to full kill a full health bossk by hitting an ability that he cannot block. I straight up do not play Anakin and I’m honestly excited to be able to play a non broken character build for the first time since he was released.

Seriously everyone complaining about this nerf is out of their minds and needs to Git freaking Gud

Replies

• Strawman4 wrote: »
    Why does one hero get a card to 1 shot every class with no penalty and the others don’t? Why does one hero get to have every single ability instantly one shot all classes from decent range (aside from passionate but retribution easily makes up for that) with the proper cards and the others don’t? Near the top in swing stamina and block stamina, tied for second with highest base HP, great stamina regeneration, great health regeneration, oh and yeah he’s got a 4th ability that wrecks an entire room for some reason. This man can take 430 by hitting one ability to start the chain (pull, might, two hits) without any star cards! 520 with Massive Strikes and Raw Strength! Not to mention the occasional hits in the back. Easily possible to full kill a full health bossk by hitting an ability that he cannot block. I straight up do not play Anakin and I’m honestly excited to be able to play a non broken character build for the first time since he was released.

Seriously everyone complaining about this nerf is out of their minds and needs to Git freaking Gud

And Vader can deal up to 562 with two abilities. Check your facts newbie.
  • I'll have you know I'm an above average Anakin player 😤

Bit defensive over little Annie, are we?

Alright miss Rey is the Chosen One.

1ku02zxtaxct.jpeg

*Has over 60days of plays time* *laughs in newbie*
    Not a thread about Vader man, he’s broken too and I don’t play him either! Blaster heros for life.
  • Sorry, I assumed you were a new cause you have like 13 posts. Still, Vader is worse.

Too easy.

y1cr6hrld7a9.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

Too easy.

y1cr6hrld7a9.gif

Pathetic.
  • BucksawBoushh
    6096 posts Member
    edited January 24
    Strawman4 wrote: »

Too easy.

y1cr6hrld7a9.gif

Pathetic.

All. Too. Easy. You’re fun. Stick around.
  • Sorry, I assumed you were a new cause you have like 13 posts. Still, Vader is worse.

No worries man just made me laugh, only post stuff I’m really passionate about. Vader is definitely bad no doubt. I just feel like ani is worse due to the range he has over Vader. Ani is worse in CS than Vader would be no doubt
    Sorry, I assumed you were a new cause you have like 13 posts. Still, Vader is worse.

No worries man just made me laugh, only post stuff I’m really passionate about. Vader is definitely bad no doubt. I just feel like ani is worse due to the range he has over Vader. Ani is worse in CS than Vader would be no doubt

Ehhhh, Saber throw has some incredible range.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    No. People complaining about Anakin nerfs are annoyed that another leg that the LS stands on is taken out from under them in HvV, and the fact that Anakin will most likely not one shot people makes him even worse in GA. Not to mention in the same breath they are buffing Vader again just to make sure the DS continues to dominate HvV. The nerf is also unnecessary for GA and CS, as he really does rely on his HM to even be able to handle groups of troopers halfway as well as Luke does. At this point the “Chosen One” will be weaker than Luke, and then as soon as everyone on the LS keeps picking him because he’s one of the only heroes that can stand against the might of the DS, they’ll nerf him too. The LS needs buffs and bug fixes instead of nerfs.

Ani is still arguably the best character on the light side without any star cards. Take away all cards from everyone and I’d still take ani over every other saber hero in the game. As I said before. Get good
  • why is Anakin allowed to kill me in HvV? this is not what I bought this game for

LOL
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    No. People complaining about Anakin nerfs are annoyed that another leg that the LS stands on is taken out from under them in HvV, and the fact that Anakin will most likely not one shot people makes him even worse in GA. Not to mention in the same breath they are buffing Vader again just to make sure the DS continues to dominate HvV. The nerf is also unnecessary for GA and CS, as he really does rely on his HM to even be able to handle groups of troopers halfway as well as Luke does. At this point the “Chosen One” will be weaker than Luke, and then as soon as everyone on the LS keeps picking him because he’s one of the only heroes that can stand against the might of the DS, they’ll nerf him too. The LS needs buffs and bug fixes instead of nerfs.

Ani is still arguably the best character on the light side without any star cards. Take away all cards from everyone and I’d still take ani over every other saber hero in the game. As I said before. Get good

Without cards? No. Not even close. Luke is probably better with no cards.

In GA absolutely. In HvV it's close. With no cards it would be a toss up but I'd still say Luke.

I definitely prefer luke, but man hit two combos and your opponent is straight dead. Doesn’t matter who they are. Maybe. Vader with health and buff could survive but I’m much more scared of ani than Luke when playing any game mode
  • Once again, the Chosen One was to bring balance to the force, not be an unstopple fighter or even good fighter.

It was a lame excuse to justify launch Anakin and still is.

The nerfs have not even been announced to what they are exactly and people are freaking out.

• Once again, the Chosen One was to bring balance to the force, not be an unstopple fighter or even good fighter.

The nerfs have not even been announced to what they are exactly and people are freaking out.

Launch Anakin was what? 3 nerfs ago? 4? He is perfectly fine as he sits other than bugs. That's why people are upset.
  • Han, Lando, chewe and iden can get one hit kills to the troops without carts

LOL

Not talking about the comeback or taking a shot at anyone but hearing Rey as the Chosen one is always funny to me lol

In GA absolutely. In HvV it's close. With no cards it would be a toss up but I'd still say Luke.

Edit: I thought about it and in HvV, I think Ani would be better than Luke if they both had no cards. Pull is just too usefull. Luke in GA for sure tho.

Launch Anakin was what? 3 nerfs ago? 4? He is perfectly fine as he sits other than bugs. That's why people are upset.

8 nerds ago

8 nerds ago

fp1bdartivqc.jpg
  • I need to see the actual changes before I cast final judgment, but it looks like they’re nerfing Ani in the wrong way.

I predict that they’re nerfing all his damage cards to remove OHK potential towards troopers. That would be Massive Strikes, All of Them, and Raw Strength. Making it so his Pull, slashes, and HM cannot, even with cards, OHK troopers. That’s my predation.

He won’t be trash if this happens, there will just be no point in picking Ani over Luke or Obi within trooper modes. He’ll likely be mostly the same in hero modes.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • I need to see the actual changes before I cast final judgment, but it looks like they’re nerfing Ani in the wrong way.

I predict that they’re nerfing all his damage cards to remove OHK potential towards troopers. That would be Massive Strikes, All of Them, and Raw Strength. Making it so his Pull, slashes, and HM cannot, even with cards, OHK troopers. That’s my predation.

He won’t be trash if this happens, there will just be no point in picking Ani over Luke or Obi within trooper modes. He’ll likely be mostly the same in hero modes.

Meh more or less they can make the same or similar impact. There are things Anakin can do that others cant, and vice versa. Its all about personal preference. Im talking in GA.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Meh more or less they can make the same or similar impact. There are things Anakin can do that others cant, and vice versa. Its all about personal preference. Im talking in GA.

Right, different heroes excel in different areas, for sure.

However, Ani without OHK potential will be pretty underwhelming in GA. I know I won’t pick him, as other heroes will perform better in pretty well every interaction.

If the cards I mentioned are nerfed, what reason is there to pick Ani? Using Pull + Attraction to snipe heroes is really the only thing he’ll offer. Ret is cool, but it comes up maybe twice a game is riddled with bugs.

Luke will overshadow him in every way, except the difference in 50 regen, and few other small aspect.

But, maybe I’m overreacting. Maybe only Massive Strikes will get nerfed. Who knows with DICE.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Yeah i think the Anakin cry threads are a bit of overreacting lol. Massive strike will probs get a 5 dmg nerf, which is insignificant. All of them is a GA exclusive card, and also wont hurt him much if that gets nerfed as well, since pulled enemies are dead either way( im talking troopers). Real trouble is if they nerf Raw Strenght.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Yea, we should see what those nerfs are. Maybe they'll nerf Raw Strenght slightly, so he'll deal 150 dmg instead of 170 and that won't change much in GA/HVV.
  • Yeah i think the Anakin cry threads are a bit of overreacting lol. Massive strike will probs get a 5 dmg nerf, which is insignificant. All of them is a GA exclusive card, and also wont hurt him much if that gets nerfed as well, since pulled enemies are dead either way( im talking troopers). Real trouble is if they nerf Raw Strenght.

I dont think so. Whenever dice touches a lightside hero they get made useless or damn close. Look at rey, obi, lando, yoda. High chance he'll be mediocre
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Yea, we should see what those nerfs are. Maybe they'll nerf Raw Strenght slightly, so he'll deal 150 dmg instead of 170 and that won't change much in GA/HVV.

He does 150 with raw strength.
    Yea, we should see what those nerfs are. Maybe they'll nerf Raw Strenght slightly, so he'll deal 150 dmg instead of 170 and that won't change much in GA/HVV.

170 against troopers

170 against troopers

LOL why? That seems so pointless a number. I guess it would help against reinforcement and heavies but it seems like that 20 extra damage wouldn't really be that crucial.
  • Anakin more than likely won't be an issue in GA, or CS still even after the nerf. it's needed there.

HOWEVER, the problem is going to arise in HvV when the nerf comes. currently anakin is decent or okay in HvV definitely not the OP beast he use to be by any means. He has become pretty slow lately with his attacks and most of his attacks can be blocked or cancelled now or out dodged.

Really most people over rely on the triple ability spam tactic and over utilize his dodge. These are the things DICE need to be addressed in HvV for Anakin. In exchange though they need to increase the basic attack speed of his lightsaber by decreasing animation time. Possibly also decrease passionate strike animation time as well. Again, this is to compensate him for increasing the time it takes to activate each ability one after the other and decreasing the speed at which he can dodge. Anakin still has the best dodge in the game. He is practically invulnerable during the entire duration of his dodge still.

Compare to other characters and and especially the blaster heroes that are only invulnerable during a small portion of their dodge.

Too easy.

y1cr6hrld7a9.gif

1oa7jk9b4cmu.gif
    PSN: DarthLando-

Then buff all the other heroes instead of again nerfing the LS again, making them do even less in HvV. There’s literally no need to nerf him again buff the others so they become a point of contention for viable picks.
    Only thing the nerf is going to do is make people pick Luke more times than Anakin, just because there’s nobody left on Luke’s level after this.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

Having massive strikes deal 150 damage makes all the difference in the world. Having to use two swings on every single enemy while they're rolling around makes you a significantly more vulnerable target. Being able to swing once, then quickly move on to the next enemy is why I love Anakin. His abilities help me when surrounded but i rely on his saber.
  • He won't be bad will still probably be top 5 best hero everytime anakin has been nerfed people have said dice will ruin him and he's been OK
  • Psy3d
    1097 posts Member
    Right now you can remove massive strikes and get the semi feel of what he'll be like in few days time for GA/CS. Need to be played more defensively and feels like a clunkier version of Obi. And you need to have HM handy when engaging a crowd...as every other LS has a dash move to retreat, HM is what you for use for Ani to buy some time to dodge/jump away when surrounded. Let's see what other changes and bugs he got after the patch drops...
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    Right now you can remove massive strikes and get the semi feel of what he'll be like in few days time for GA/CS. Need to be played more defensively and feels like a clunkier version of Obi. And you need to have HM handy when engaging a crowd...as every other LS has a dash move to retreat, HM is what you for use for Ani to buy some time to dodge/jump away when surrounded. Let's see what other changes and bugs he got after the patch drops...

I feel like most people complain about his abilities and how the average Anakin simply spams abilities then runs away. Which is actually true. The average Anakin ability spams and dips out. Having massive strikes made him actually not have to.rely on his abilities. So if they do in fact nerf that card, then what the community seems to hate the most will only get worse.
  • Anakin himself won't be bad, but the Light Side as a whole will greatly suffer as a result.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Anakin himself won't be bad, but the Light Side as a whole will greatly suffer as a result.

You took the words right out of my mouth! ........Warfare has spoken!

So true of HvV.
  • He does not need a nerf. At least not for anything that will negatively affect him in HVV.
  • Psy3d
    1097 posts Member
    moistboii wrote: »
    I feel like most people complain about his abilities and how the average Anakin simply spams abilities then runs away. Which is actually true.

Err that's like every other saber hero? I know Kylo NEEDS to do the ability spamming - without his freeze handy, executing a frenzy will literally a suicide move to engage a group in GA as it's his get of jail card. Same goes in for a Luke who comes in does a repulse powered by epicenter, gets kills and dashes out of harm....rinse and repeat.
    People whining Ani is OP are just bad you mean

Mostly done by irrelevant casuals and this trend will continue even after his Jan 2020 nerf. I can't wait to trollplay as Ani after his nerf :D