criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Q/A session and Survey Results, Thank you for communicating!!!

1235Next

Replies

• F8RGE wrote: »
    @F8RGE CT today?

Not today.

SMH😞
  • @F8RGE

I've been hanging onto hope for IA updates. Is there anything you wouldn't mind addressing?

Instant Action Updates:
    - Greater AI Count
    - Vehicle AI release date
    - Customisation; ie heroes locked, unbalanced team sizes, class & reinforcement limit/removal
    - AI Skin Selection/Randomizer
    - Starfighters added <- this was mentioned awhile back as "we'll see"
    - Splitscreen support <- I've seen this addressed as difficult from a technical standpoint, any progress here?

I can answer some of it due to recent communications to the topic:
    - greater AI count is already achieved on PC with 32 vs 32. Something like this is not planned for consoles right now
    - Vehicle Ai release: no certain date, but a soon(TM) was mentioned a few days ago by Ben
    - .. well, yeah, idk sorry
    - also do not know
    - STarfighters to be added: as f8rge just said there focus is somewhere else, so I would not bet on it in the short term
    - Splitscreen is currently neither in the works nor planned
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • ROMG4
    4670 posts Member
    We want GA updates!
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • @F8RGE just a quick and minor question: I recently got some friends convinced to buy SWBF2 for console (PS4) - we were then trying to get a 2vs2 going in Hero Showdown, however, we could not get it to work. As far as I know this feature has existed a while back - is it dead or have we messed it up? Thanks in advance!
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • grimmace2
    1386 posts Member
    edited January 28
    Thanks F8RGE (not tagging on purpose) for the good communication here. Lots of responses I don't like, but that's okay. At least you're offering responses, and I appreciate that. I know you get berated quite a bit, on multiple channels (I can barely read the twitter threads without seeing a handful of people making your life far more difficult than necessary) and it really is a testament that you show up and still have positive interactions with the community. Hats off to you, keep up the good work.

Please don't bypass the filter, edited just to change one word. ~Rtas
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Assault based planets was the biggest request, next to heroes and reinforcements. Quality of life changes was next and then came appearances. New content for SFA and Extraction have always been consistently near the bottom of such results.

Prequel era comes back as the most popular era, followed by Original Trilogy and then the New Trilogy.

In terms of HvV maps, Naboo, Death Star II, Bespin, Felucia and Kamino were the top 5. Naboo was actually the clear winner and the rest are all very closely together.

Co-Op exceeded our expectations and is always rated highly whenever we speak about it. The same goes for the AutoPlayer system.

Since we added Co-Op, one of the biggest requests we see is for other eras to come to it. This is part of the reason why we brought the New Trilogy to the mode and same goes for CS.

All of the new Reinforcements we've added have been received very well by the community. They continue to be rated very highly.

Can you give us the results on what Heros were asked for by people in the survey?

Sometimes it becomes "this or that". If we had done another planet instead of Felucia, people would have still asked for Felucia. If we had asked what Reinforcements people wanted, we might not have had the BX Commando. Mostly because despite him being a great addition to the game, they were never the top most requested item.

I agree, Commando Droid is a cool addition no one was asking for. Consumers not necessarily know best, and I highly appreciate having BB-8 this month.

And for some reason, Felucia is iconic to me despite I'm not a fan of Clone Wars show and it just appeared 3 seconds in Revenge of the Sith.

Looking forward to the next months, you have had cool surprises last year people tend to easily forget.
  • Genin wrote: »
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Thanks F8RGE (not tagging on purpose) for the good communication here. Lots of responses I don't like, but that's okay. At least you're offering responses, and I appreciate that. I know you get berated quite a bit, on multiple channels (I can barely read the twitter threads without seeing a handful of people making your life far more difficult than necessary) and it really is a testament that you show up and still have positive interactions with the community. Hats off to you, keep up the good work.

@F8RGE already had my respect whatever, after this:

dg5vgd6g1lcm.jpg

XD XD XD

This is so epic, I’d change it to my profile pic if it not for the fact I’d no longer be recognizable by all the fine people here. My name is kinda generic at best so the pic is all I have going for me 😂
  • Genin wrote: »

dg5vgd6g1lcm.jpg

XD XD XD

Thats great. pLoT tWiSt DiP ****
  • Any way we can get weapons or other content from the Campaign ported to MP? it's in the game already, so anything that prevents weapons from the campaign coming over? You (@F8RGE) have said maps are higher quality, but is that a disqualifier for MP? Seems like a fix that isn't too difficult to lower the quality by other means to save memory done already in MP maps.
  • Alwe15
    2394 posts Member
    Genin wrote: »

dg5vgd6g1lcm.jpg

XD XD XD

This entertains me. I always sympathise with customer service employees who aren't allowed to reply in kind to **** like that.
  • ArchAngeL_777
    2591 posts Member
    edited January 28
    Glad to see F8rge responding and giving tangible feedback! This has been a great thread.

I'm not sure why people still question his answers. Most Battlefront fans have viewed the series as "Battlefield in Star Wars". That generally means large scale, combined arms gameplay (typically Conquest). Everything F8rge has said lines up with this. It should not be surprising CS is the most played mode, nor that fact Co-op is as popular as it is. I personally can't wait to play ST on CS this week, and see OT era come to CS and Co-op later this year.

As for other content like starfighters, we need other games for that. Back in 2004-2005 when the original Battlefront games came out, there was a variety of Star Wars games in other generes. For starfighters, we had the Starfighter series, Rogue Squadron, and people still played the X-wing series. We had RTS with Galactic Battlegrounds. We had racing with Star Wars Racer and even a kart racing game. We had plenty of story content with KOTOR, Jedi Knight, Bounty Hunter, Republic Commando, etc.

Expecting Battlefront to cover content from all these genres is out of scope for the intent of the series. We got Jedi Fallen Order, and hopefully EA has more games to address these other areas of interest.
  • Glad to see Forge responding and giving tangible feedback! This has been a great thread.

I'm not sure why people still question his answers. Most Battlefront fans have viewed the series as "Battlefield in Star Wars". That generally means large scale, combined arms gameplay (typically Conquest). Everything Forge has said lines up with this. It should not be surprising CS is the most played mode, nor that fact Co-op is as popular as it is. I personally can't wait to play ST on CS this week, and see OT era come to CS and Co-op later this year.

As for other content like starfighters, we need other games for that. Back in 2004-2005 when the original Battlefront games came out, there was a variety of Star Wars games in other generes. For starfighters, we had the Starfighter series, Rogue Squadron, and people still played the X-wing series. We had RTS with Galactic Battlegrounds. We had racing with Star Wars Racer and even a kart racing game. We had plenty of story content with KOTOR, Jedi Knight, Bounty Hunter, Republic Commando, etc.

Expecting Battlefront to cover content from all these genres is out of scope for the intent of the series. We got Jedi Fallen Order, and hopefully EA has more games to address these other areas of interest.

Feightrge* not Forge, tyvm.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • polarition wrote: »
    Glad to see F8rge responding and giving tangible feedback! This has been a great thread.

I'm not sure why people still question his answers. Most Battlefront fans have viewed the series as "Battlefield in Star Wars". That generally means large scale, combined arms gameplay (typically Conquest). Everything F8rge has said lines up with this. It should not be surprising CS is the most played mode, nor that fact Co-op is as popular as it is. I personally can't wait to play ST on CS this week, and see OT era come to CS and Co-op later this year.

ok, yeah fixed that lol. I just didn't want to tag him in a post I wasn't asking him a question, as if he isn't already getting tagged enough lol
  • polarition wrote: »

ok, yeah fixed that lol. I just didn't want to tag him in a post I wasn't asking him a question, as if he isn't already getting tagged enough lol

Lol I was just making a joke, you didn't really have to fix it. I spelled out the 8 cause that's obviously not how you'd pronounce his name lol
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • ArchAngeL_777
    2591 posts Member
    edited January 28
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »

Lol I was just making a joke, you didn't really have to fix it. I spelled out the 8 cause that's obviously not how you'd pronounce his name lol

I never actually consciously noticed that until you spelled it out. lol I'm so used to just thinking "Forge".
  • Glad to see Forge responding and giving tangible feedback! This has been a great thread.

I'm not sure why people still question his answers. Most Battlefront fans have viewed the series as "Battlefield in Star Wars". That generally means large scale, combined arms gameplay (typically Conquest). Everything Forge has said lines up with this. It should not be surprising CS is the most played mode, nor that fact Co-op is as popular as it is. I personally can't wait to play ST on CS this week, and see OT era come to CS and Co-op later this year.

Agreed that more choices were previously available and that we need more choices now. That being said, SA content was advertised as part of the game, along with the ground battles. We have received quite a bit of new content for the ground portions, which is awesome. We have received an extremely limited amount of "extra" SA content. It's not crazy or absurd to ask for more.

To put it in another, extremely rudimentary way, imagine you bought a subscription service where you were allowed to choose some combination of apples and/or oranges to consume. You initially start with Granny Smith apples and Naval oranges. Along the way the Red Delicious apples are added (yay, more content!). Then the service said, "We're expanding content further and offering peaches as well!" People are generally excited, MORE CONTENT! Then the types and varieties of peaches offered explodes, far dwarfing everything else. The community is really eating up the peaches, because they're new, and there's lots of variety, and they haven't gotten boring yet. At least not as boring as the two types of apples and one type of orange. Then I come along and say, "Hey, can we get some more choices for oranges? I really like oranges!" The response we've received to this point is basically, "Peaches are where it's at, everyone likes them, no one wants oranges." But when we signed up, it was apples and oranges. A lot of people wanted oranges, otherwise they wouldn't have signed up. But the oranges got stale because there was no variety.

I just want some more oranges.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Glad to see Forge responding and giving tangible feedback! This has been a great thread.

Agreed that more choices were previously available and that we need more choices now. That being said, SA content was advertised as part of the game, along with the ground battles. We have received quite a bit of new content for the ground portions, which is awesome. We have received an extremely limited amount of "extra" SA content. It's not crazy or absurd to ask for more.

To put it in another, extremely rudimentary way, imagine you bought a subscription service where you were allowed to choose some combination of apples and/or oranges to consume. You initially start with Granny Smith apples and Naval oranges. Along the way the Red Delicious apples are added (yay, more content!). Then the service said, "We're expanding content further and offering peaches as well!" People are generally excited, MORE CONTENT! Then the types and varieties of peaches offered explodes, far dwarfing everything else. The community is really eating up the peaches, because they're new, and there's lots of variety, and they haven't gotten boring yet. At least not as boring as the two types of apples and one type of orange. Then I come along and say, "Hey, can we get some more choices for oranges? I really like oranges!" The response we've received to this point is basically, "Peaches are where it's at, everyone likes them, no one wants oranges." But when we signed up, it was apples and oranges. A lot of people wanted oranges, otherwise they wouldn't have signed up. But the oranges got stale because there was no variety.

I just want some more oranges.

This is isn't a new thing though. Star Wars Battlefront didn't start with DICE. It's a long running series that has always been primarily known for Conquest gameplay. For instance, no one serious about starfighter gameplay back in 2004-2005 would have considered Battlefront as their main game. Battlefront did have starfighters in the game, but it was no where near the level of the X-wing series or the other games. Those other games were basically starfighters sims.

To your analogy, this is a peach farm that decided to try it's hand at growing and selling apples and oranges. It did ok. There are some people who enjoyed the apples and oranges. But it's still a peach farm, and most know it for that. So when it goes back to growing and selling peaches, it should not be a surprise when the business sees a dramatic increase.
  • What we need is a return of some other Star Wars series. For instance, Criterion did SFA. So why not task them to do a starfighter game such as maybe a revival of the X-wing or Rogue Squadron series? It would be a 100% starfighter game that Criterion (or whoever develops it) would be dedicated to supporting.

There are rumors floating around that a new KOTOR game could be in the works plus there's the Jedi Fallen Order likely sequel. These games could come with PvE and PvP arena modes where lightsaber combat would be the focus.

We need a new MMO for people who want to dive deep into that level of gameplay.

This has been the criticism of EA and it's treatment of the Star Wars license. Where are the games? It's not fair to expect DICE and Battlefront to put on all these hats and satisfy fans of every genre.
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    @F8RGE I know this is a reoccurring question throughout this game launching, but much like community requests your game development is also an ever-changing entity. Has there been any recent talks of porting additional content from 2015 such as DLC maps and/or heroes? (Specific eye towards Rogue One -- which I know you're a fan of)

Also, any talks of zoning other locations of GA maps for HvV? Realistically there could be at least 3 different locations per map. Several have noted that the hero introductions on some maps (ie. Endor) showcase a different location on the main map.

Porting content is always something we consider, but it's not that straight forward, sadly. If we had the opportunity then there are definitely things we could look at. My personal take is that I would love to play on Scarif again.

No plans to make additional HvV areas from the same planet. We are however looking to rework a couple of HvV maps, most notably Geonosis.

We asked the question in a survey a while back on which HvV planets you enjoyed. We used this data, along side community feedback and in-game telemetry to identify those we wanted to change. Geonosis was the clear winner though.

Thanks for the response. I really appreciate your candor and responsiveness since you guys came back. Kudos.

Hearing about the Geonosis map getting reworked is great news. Hands down the least favorite map of people I play with just due to the size alone.

I'd also love to see Scarif again, especially with this game's combat and graphics.
  • @F8RGE

Is there works in progress for splitscreen Instant Action?

I really wants to play with my girlfriend or some friends...
  • MMGmind wrote: »
    @F8RGE

He already pointed out that it is neither in the works nor planned currently

• No answer on porting weapons from the campaign to multiplayer...
    Would you mind sharing who the most requested heroes are?

Honestly it changes over time. The community isn't one single entity. I always refer to it as a living breathing organism that will change as time progresses.

For example, back in April 2018 it was all about Kenobi and Grievous, with a little bit of Anakin thrown in.

When The Mandalorian started to air, there were lots of requests around him. Same thing for Jedi: Fallen Order, loads of requests for Cal and others during November.

Fast forward to today and requests for those have dropped considerably and have been replaced by talk of Clone Wars again, mostly due to the new season that is upcoming.

In short, it depends entirely on the time frame that you're looking at, as requests will come in waves based on what is happening within the community as well as the wider Star Wars universe.

That’s funny. I’m sure if we are still getting live service by the time the Cassian show is released (I HOOOOPPPEEE SOOOO) it will be a spike in OT requests
    @F8RGE

Well @EA_Tom mentioned he’d look into talking about some bug fixes so we might get at least a little bit of stuff for arcade
    @F8RGE

Well @EA_Tom mentioned he’d look into talking about some bug fixes so we might get at least a little bit of stuff for arcade

I hope so. We need splitscreen for Instant Action (at least for 2 players but 4 would be perfect).
    @F8RGE

when you mean with stuff bugfixing - yes. When you mean new splitscreen capability - no

• AW_Cramer
    544 posts Member
    edited January 30
    @F8RGE So people requested maps sure and you gave us new maps great but in the same breath you cannot ignore the requests for more Extraction maps so why couldnt you just design sections of those new maps to be able to cater to Extraction?? Ajan Kloss already looks like it could cater to Extraction as does Felucia! If you can cordon off (grey out) areas of these maps for Heroes vs Villains then why on earth cant the same be done for other modes?

The only reason SFA and Extraction are low on polls is because people lost faith that new maps would be added because you guys seem to just flat out ignore these modes in favour of HvV

Only 2 maps for Extraction is the whole reason people started drifting away from it in the first place not because it is unpopular.

You have stated that there are no plans to unmerge Extraction from Strike... ok fine but then please give the mode more maps (even if it is just sections of existing maps)
    Now with some additional numbers:

Communication
    As you've seen the surveys we ask for your thoughts on communication via a Likert Scale. In essence this boils down to a "how good do you think we're doing, between 1 and 10".

With Likert Scales the key here is that it's not the jump between 6, 7, or 8 that we are looking for, but it's the decimal place as well that is vital and can indicate a swing towards good or bad. Think of it a bit like the Richter scale with Earthquakes.

When we did our first survey in November 2018, communication was rated 7.38. This went up to 8.18 in December 2018 but then slowly began to drop again as we failed to find the rhythm in early 2019. In fact we dropped down to 7.4 in April 2019.

From here we began to raise upwards again and hit 8.02 in June and 8.18 in Sept 2019. We dipped in October to 8.01 before hitting 8.10 in Nov and 8.19 in Dec 2019.

A rating of 8.19 is the highest our communication has been since the start of these surveys.

Transmissions
    Similar to Communication, we use Likert Scale to measure the health of the Transmission Program. What is interesting is that for the most part there is a direct correlation between Communication and Transmission, which kind of makes sense.

Transmissions have evolved a bit overtime, but within the first Survey (Nov 2018), they were rated 8.11, before having a bit of a spike in Dec 2018 to 8.51. The Dec 2018 rating would go on to become the highest rating we've achieved and would be beaten until late 2019.

Throughout 2019, Transmissions remained mostly steady, hovering between the 8.3 - 8.4 mark. The exception to this is April 2019 where it dropped down to 7.91. From here the rating steadily rose upwards and we hit 8.49 in Sept 2019. In Nov 2019 we hit 8.55 and we finished off 2019 with a rating of 8.57 in December.

Channel Usage
    Since the start we also ask players to note which Social Platform is the primary, here's the average breakdown:
    • Reddit: 44.08%
    • Forums: 5.61%
    • Twitter: 22.90%
    • Twitch: 0.85%
    • Discord: 2.75%
    • YouTube: 20.97%
    • Fansite: 0.21%
    • Facebook: 1.11%
    • Other: 1.53%

Other
    Similar to some of the above, we use Likert Scales to gauge how you feel about bits of content that we've added to the game.

Here's what you said about the the update in December:
    • Rise of Skywalker Update - 8.36
    • Gunner - 8.24
    • Spy - 7.63
    • Sith Trooper - 8.81
    • First Order Jet Trooper - 8.73

In December we also asked you which word comes to mind when think of Star Wars Battlefront II.

The word "Fun" was the clear winner here, taking in 14% of the submissions. From here there was a steep drop down into second place for "Redemption" at 4.08%.

After this we start to see the results group up and everything else more or less comes in within a percentage of each other. A lot of results here are individual hero names, shout out to the single person that mentioned Dengar.

In the past we've asked you how you felt on certain elements of gameplay

We saw that Reinforcements were the highest rated, coming in at 8.51. This was followed closely by Trooper gameplay at 8.21 and the Heroes at 8.12.

When we've previously asked you what type of content you would prefer over all other types, we got some interesting results.
    • New Planets for the bigger / assault modes: 9.16
    • Heroes: 8.6
    • Reinforcements: 8.5
    • Quality of Life: 8.4
    • Appearances: 8.2
    • Weapons: 7.8
    • Hero Based Maps: 6.93
    • Starfighter content: 5.45
    • New Game Modes: 5.2

Toxicity within the game and community

Back in July 2019 we began asking questions around disruptive behaviour both in the game and within the community itself. This is an important aspect for us as we always want the game and the surrounding community to be a welcoming place to be, free of toxicity, abuse and all those other things that have no place within games.

In the last month have you encountered disruptive behaviour while playing Star Wars Battlefront II
    "Disruptive behaviour” is any player behaviour (intentional or unintentional) that harms the gameplay experience for you or other online players. Examples can include, but are not limited to: - Cheating or exploiting- Being rude or acting out on other players- Hate speech, discrimination, or harassment- Not playing toward the objective or goal- Toxicity

July 2019
    • Yes: 54.02%
    • No: 45.98%

December 2019
    • Yes: 33.67%
    • No: 66.33%

This means that we’ve seen a 20% increase on players NOT experiencing disruptive behaviour.

How frequently have you experienced disruptive behaviour when engaging with the Star Wars Battlefront II community in the past month?

July 2019
    • Every time: 4.63%
    • Often: 16.74%
    • Sometimes: 31.52%
    • Rarely: 47.12%

Dec 2019
    • Every time: 2.65%
    • Often: 9.18%
    • Sometimes: 24.20%
    • Rarely: 63.98%

Summary: July 2019 vs Dec 2019
    • Players experiencing disruptive behaviour every time they interact with the community: Down 1.98%
    • Players who often experience disruptive behaviour when they interact with the community: Down 7.56%
    • Players who sometimes experience disruptive behaviour when they interact with the community: Down 7.32%
    • Players who rarely experience disruptive behaviour when they interact with the community: Up 16.86%

September 2019 Content

Back in September we asked you what you thought of the content we added that month. It was a pretty big month for us and with it came the highest piece of new content we've ever added.
    • Co-Op: 8.29
    • Instant Action: 7.8
    • Clone Commando: 8.28
    • Felucia: 9.16
    • Auto Players: 8.06

Hope that gives some insight into what we see from these surveys.

Very interesting and insightful. Thanks for sharing.
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    @F8RGE So people requested maps sure and you gave us new maps great but in the same breath you cannot ignore the requests for more Extraction maps so why couldnt you just design sections of those new maps to be able to cater to Extraction?? Ajan Kloss already looks like it could cater to Extraction as does Felucia! If you can cordon off (grey out) areas of these maps for Heroes vs Villains then why on earth cant the same be done for other modes?

The only reason SFA and Extraction are low on polls is because people lost faith that new maps would be added because you guys seem to just flat out ignore these modes in favour of HvV

Only 2 maps for Extraction is the whole reason people started drifting away from it in the first place not because it is unpopular.

You have stated that there are no plans to unmerge Extraction from Strike... ok fine but then please give the mode more maps (even if it is just sections of existing maps)

Let’s also not forget that Extraction was a fan favorite mode in BF2015.

That being said, when it came to BF2, Ben even said that it was such a popular mode that they decided to make it permanent for future interest.

Proof:

aoa7vj5qnee6.jpeg

Almost two years later, and it only has two maps. It’s a real shame that they haven’t expanded upon this.

The same goes for Starfighter Assault.
  • "New Planets for the bigger / assault modes: 9.16"
    I may be wrong, but doesn´t that include SFA? It is a bigger mode and is called assault.
  • Genin
    628 posts Member
    "New Planets for the bigger / assault modes: 9.16"
    I may be wrong, but doesn´t that include SFA? It is a bigger mode and is called assault.

... well, basically he is not that wrong with it... Bring back Starfighters!

Yes please! Starfighters deserve new contents!