criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Please for the love of the Force shorten Capital Supremacy and add the ability to change squad

^ Topic. I was in a Capital Supremacy game that lasted 173 minutes. That is seven minutes short of three hours. We kept defeating the Republic on the ground but could *never* destroy the stupid cores. The Republic did not board our ship once; they lost the ground battle by a land slide each and every time by 40%+. We attacked them ~7 times, I lost count. It's INSANE and it makes me FEEL insane banging my head against the wall over and over and it makes me never want to enter another CS match again for fear of having to stick it out for three hours allied with a team who can DOMINATE the ground battle but is completely incapable of destroying three cores. To make matters worse, it's REALLY frustrating being in a squad who is nowhere near the objective and having no option to change squads to find better teammates. I REALLY think the game would benefit greatly from this option.

My solution to permanently shortening CS is to have your faction's flagship assault the ship you are boarding as well, guaranteeing at LEAST one core is destroyed each attack, capping the game to no more than 3 assaults per ship. Or, as an alternative, just give the ship an HP meter and have your faction's flagship chip away 33.3% of the enemy's ship per round. Meaning if the teams are well matched and neither can destroy each other's core, it will be a fight to see who can assault three times. Additionally, I think each capital ship needs a revision and more access points need to be included. Part of the problem is that, especially on the Republic flagship, it is just way too easy to turtle up, especially with no equivalent to the Commando's new grenade spam ability to counter the corner campers as Separatists. This solution still allows for really long games if the teams are even; if they trade win and loses there is still potential for up to 5 assaults to occur per match, but this kind of game is rare in my experience and is not at all frustrating - the frustration comes about when you can literally have an entire boarding phase accomplish absolutely nothing, and thus, waste a whole bunch of time. This solution allows the the assault to matter, even if your team cannot close the deal.

All in all, it makes no sense to have one side consistently lose the ground battle, only to have them not lose the match by a technicality, dragging the game on and holding players hostage who might be ready for a fresh round. Fatigue really begins to set in after a certain amount of time and it's just not good for the longevity of the game.

Don't mistake my tone, I love CS and I actually quite love Battlefront 2, I just don't want to sit in a match for hours, but I also would like to be able to see all of my matches through, within a reasonable amount of time.

Replies

• Why does this post not have more views and comments and agrees? Am I **** insane? CS is ridiculously long, like RIDICULOUSLY long. It would really be nice to see some love for CS, not only with shortening the matches, but adding new maps from the OT and ST. CS could be great. It could be amazing. We just need some attention to the gamemode. PLEASE Devs… Please... Listen to this post...
  • elder_morpheus
    26 posts Member
    edited January 29
    Why does this post not have more views and comments and agrees? Am I ***** insane? CS is ridiculously long, like RIDICULOUSLY long. It would really be nice to see some love for CS, not only with shortening the matches, but adding new maps from the OT and ST. CS could be great. It could be amazing. We just need some attention to the gamemode. PLEASE Devs… Please... Listen to this post...

also If you're gonna censor my swears, then please add stars for EVERY letter, that would be 7 stars for F U C K I N G not 5. Thanks EA and Dice.
  • imo after 2 ship boardings the game is over!
  • bfloo
    16772 posts Member
    This is a big part of why we want the ship phase pulled out.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• mattfreddy
    42 posts Member
    edited February 7
    Wait how did it take you 7 tries? Anytime you batter the enemy on the ground there's a good chance the game ends in 1 ship phase especially when ur playing as droids. Just get droidekas to the back and you'll either destroy the cores or force them to retreat further back opening up room for your team to push. They already nerfed CS match times so this thread is pointless.
  • The reason I keep playing CA. These supremacy games take way too long.
    Plus not all heroes....

Tried it again today. halfway the round I gave up. was allready 40 minutes in i think.....