criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Quick note on the BB Update

Prev134
F8RGE
1050 posts EA Community Manager
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop a quick note about the update that was due to release on January 30. During our testing we found a critical issue that means we will be pushing the update to early next week. We already have a new build going through its regular pre-release checks and things are looking positive.

Unfortunately, this is sometimes the reality in game development where testing continues right up until an update is deployed onto our live servers. Although disappointing, we feel that it is much better that we found the issue now, rather than have it slip through and make it to our live servers.

We’ll bring you a more concrete release window as soon as our pre-release work is complete and everything is in the green.

This update brings with it two new heroes, the offensive based BB-8 and the support orientated BB-9E. Both heroes come with 3 abilities as well as 3 passives, and yes BB-8 will be able to do the thumbs up emote.

The Age of Resistance will be joining Capital Supremacy, with two new Capital Ships; the MC85 Star Cruiser and Resurgent-class Star Destroyer. We’re also bringing Ajan Kloss to Hero Showdown.

We also have a variety of balance changes as well as fixes and improvements on the way. Darth Vader will now be able to block while choking, Auto Players will be able to carry out melee attacks, Droidekas receive an increase to their shield health and VO announcers will now mention the era-appropriate heroes that spawn. Finn and Kylo Ren both have new emotes, which you can unlock via new milestones.

As soon as we have more news on the release of the BB Update we’ll be sure to let you know. As always, we thank you for your continued dedication and patience.

Replies

• Can you tell us what the critical issue would of done to the game? Just curious what could of happened if it was missed.

Also can we get the CT today or tomorrow even though the update has been delayed?
  • I would buff the range of the droideka's blaster
  • I find it a good choice. We don't need more bugs
  • A real shame that we're still not able to play Original Trilogy on Co-Op OR Capital Supremacy!

Cant you just make ALL heroes playable on Capital Supremacy?
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Can you tell us what the critical issue would of done to the game? Just curious what could of happened if it was missed.

Also can we get the CT today or tomorrow even though the update has been delayed?

Under certain circumstances (not 100% of the time) you would be unable to deal damage to opponents while playing CS. If this had made its way into the game it would have been...unpleasant.

We're locking down the details of the CT while we align the new release window.

I see. Could of been fun for the invincible people for a bit haha

As long as what you have said is true and the officers are still getting their long awaited BP nerf, then you will of earned my trust, and I'm happy to wait a little while longer...and for now remain here and wait in the council chambers until we return...oh, I mean yeah I'm just happy to wait.
  • Passive abilities? Tell me more....
  • Although disappointing (I really want to play CS on the Resurgent), it makes complete sense to postpone for a major fix
  • Passive abilities? Tell me more....

Just real passive aggressive droids. They just spit sarcasm at people. It's horrible.
  • Will we still get the CT today?
  • Vinactor4
    3 posts Member
    edited January 29
    Hello there,
    Will this be the last content of that era? Or can we still expect new heroes or appearances from this?

I would really like to know if there is a possibility of bringing Ben Solo into the game
  • Vinactor4 wrote: »

I would really like to know if there is a possibility of bringing Ben Solo into the game

...he is in the game, you know. Called Kylo in the game :D
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
    JohnColt78 wrote: »
    A real shame that we're still not able to play Original Trilogy on Co-Op OR Capital Supremacy!

We are going to keep them era specific.

Ok, so could we ever see CS on Hoth, Bespin, Death Star etc?

• ...he is in the game, you know. Called Kylo in the game :D

Yes of course. But I was referring to his counterpart, you know, maybe a lightsaber hero who has the ability to use a blaster wouldn't be bad
  • DarthJ
    7081 posts Member
    Its better that they do this, at least it will work properly. Will probably get some people throwing a tantrum over it though
    PSN: ibrajoker59
    F8RGE wrote: »
    A real shame that we're still not able to play Original Trilogy on Co-Op OR Capital Supremacy!

Ok, so could we ever see CS on Hoth, Bespin, Death Star etc?

We will see what the future holds.

Guess I'll just have to keep blitzing with Count Dooku on CS and Co-Op haha
  • Hey Mr Walke any news about more UI options ?
    I want be able to remove the White outline on enemies while playing with Kylo Ren and other villans and when i use a force ability on a enemy.

Will crait come to co op and instant action too?

Thanks for listening :)
  • @F8RGE Any reason why Kylo ren's push ability kills instantly in arcade mode and in co-op mode it doesn't? (I'm not using the damage boost star card in any way)
  • Noted.
    Any chance you would vaguely outline the issue? Was it amusing? Could the BB units fly across the map and fire air strikes at will? (Chuckling).

• F8RGE
    1050 posts EA Community Manager
    Noted.
    Any chance you would vaguely outline the issue? Was it amusing? Could the BB units fly across the map and fire air strikes at will? (Chuckling).
    Can you tell us what the critical issue would of done to the game? Just curious what could of happened if it was missed.

Under certain circumstances (not 100% of the time) you would be unable to deal damage to opponents while playing CS. If this had made its way into the game it would have been...unpleasant.

We're locking down the details of the CT while we align the new release window.

• Tips on best cards for Dooku? Enjoying playing as him atm!

Just don't ever make GA era specific please.

In the name of the father and son we pray this on high as our deepest wish. Lord give the developers strength to keep GA as it is and don't make any major adjustments. We pray they have the clarity of vision to see that it is all well and good. In the your name we pray. Amen.

No plans to change GA.

We give thanks on this day of days. We praise the almighty and sacrifice a small noob to appease his insatiable hunger of destruction.
  • Sorry to hear, i'm glad been found then everyone gets effect when they play.

Just a shame probably haters and curtain youtubers will put it in a bad light. Update been moved to early next week.
    63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.

Thanks. It's annoying seeing the same heros in all maps
  • How about balances to the really weak heroes and villains that can barely hold their own even with really good players using them? HvV is very imbalanced and not fun when players try to use their favorite movie characters that are significantly weaker than the popular OP ones. It's pretty bad when infantry units and special units can out damage the week heroes and villains. I could list them here but we all know which ones are weak .

I do get frustrated how a mobile sentry melts someone like Han or Boba in seconds
  • Will we still be getting the CT today?
    Current Topics:
    Balancing Darth Vader
    Hero ability changes

m3s3leriptmd.png
    Xbox Gamertag: PlayerPurity
    Twitter
    Youtube

• ROMG4 wrote: »
    You know after two years of being involved in this game's playerbase, two years of mind-numbingly buggy update releases

I am truly amazed you guys want to see another update break massive parts of the game for a another two months, because your too impatient to wait another week

8ziG.gif

No I want updates on time. Goodness of all the games I've played I've never ever seen one have problem with updates so damn much. Apex, COD, NBA 2K, madden, etc
  • jonci
    1355 posts Member
    Good to postpone, rather than release issues that could cause problems for us, i think its the correct move and i applaud them for it.

Just have to wait a little longer for the droid hero pin bowling to commence.
  • I figured something would go wrong with the silence concerning the update... oh well. @JohnColt78 Prepare for more sentry spam soon when they nerf the officer. It's pathetic to see some guy standing there with his cheese minigun melt your hero/character in a matter of seconds. Explosive sentry probably the worse of them all. Just stand and stare at a doorway and let loose while the (unblockable) splash damage kills whoever is in the vicinity.
  • ROMG4
    4700 posts Member
    edited January 29
    No I want updates on time. Goodness of all the games I've played I've never ever seen one have problem with updates
    I guess you haven't been playing BF2 for long then if you think that BF2's "bugs" aren't that much of a problem

Ah if you were here for Invincible Obi-Wan and DC-15 Death Star blast
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • Rural438 wrote: »
    Rural438 wrote: »
    Pathetic. Idk y tf u kids make the update the last week of the month. Its so sad how people need degrees to do what you kids do. You're too lazy and I wish disney cuts your guys license asap. People love star wars and you guys make them hate it even more. This has to be the worst star wars gane in history. Hopefully this comment doesn't get deleted or else it shows that you guys too insecure for feedback.

Can always just press the eject button on your console and then hit the X in the corner if it's as bad as you say it is bro ?

Typical kid response. I can tell ur one of the noobs that dice listen to.

It isn't; you're the one acting like a kid throwing your toys out the pram and declaring something 'worst ever in history'. I've merely given you a piece of advise which is fairly simple; if you're not happy with it; avoid it? If you hate gherkins in your McDonalds burger, are you gonna keep ordering burgers with gherkins in? Thought not :D
  • im annoyed I must admit but im glad you guys are going to wait until yall fix the CS issue.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN: unit900000 Xbox gamer tag: MetaltronXII
  • Thanks for the update!

I still would love to know why when you're creating new maps such as Geonosis, Felucia, Ajan Kloss, the Capital Ship Interiors etc you don't make areas of the map that would accommodate other game modes such as Extraction (which desperately needs new maps!!) or Strike or Blast etc especially when you're opposed to porting older maps from BF15.
    You do it for HvV so why not for other game modes?

This way you would be getting more value out of the new maps because different playerbases would be able to use it.
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Thanks for the update!

I still would love to know why when you're creating new maps such as Geonosis, Felucia, Ajan Kloss, the Capital Ship Interiors etc you don't make areas of the map that would accommodate other game modes such as Extraction (which desperately needs new maps!!) or Strike or Blast etc especially when you're opposed to porting older maps from BF15.
    You do it for HvV so why not for other game modes?

This way you would be getting more value out of the new maps because different playerbases would be able to use it.

I'd love Bespin for GA or CS.

Some of the maps on the big team battles are indefinitely stale.
  • Tells me to delete the game but on here calling it worst star wars game of all time and still continues to play; you got any idea how thick you sound? :D:D .

My opinion on Palpatine has been shared by a plethora of other gamers; he is a button bashers dream with no skill.

Just keep throwing insults because your childish mentality can't handle the game? Great logic my friend. Maybe its you who needs to delete the game and never come back, after all, it's the worst ever right?