criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

February Community Calendar

Prev1
F8RGE
1050 posts EA Community Manager
166wks8d4vyp.png

What sort of events would you like us to do in the future?

Replies

• Love that you guys have brought Reinforcements Unleashed. Raising the cap for Special Units was as much fun as I imagined it would be.
  • Cadoth
    1229 posts Member
    It would be kinda cool to have an event for HvV where the LS is against LS and DS is against DS, like one match you play LS vs LS and the other it’s DS vs DS. But i do get that it would be too weird and no one would like to see Vader fighting Vader, Obi fighting Obi etc... And it’s also too canon breaking so nvm
  • Remove reinforcements across all modes during heroes unleashed. This would allow people that like base 4 units to have fun in smaller modes while hero mains get what they want in large modes. Granted, people who like the game as it is would still suffer.
  • My biggest wish would be to see a Grandiose Hero Event which would feature....

1st. Heroes Unleashed (Cap Removed for Heroes)
    2nd. Would Remove Heroes from the Radar/Minimap
    3rd. Would half (i.e. from 800 to 400) every Heroes health
    4th. Would introduce Bossk like Health Regeneration to all of them

It would be amazing if we got to test all this on the same weekend. I wonder how it would make every hero feel. Would they be too OP or too weak etc.
  • Maybe make a limited (or maybe permenant) hero hunt from battlefront 1, but with era appropriate heroes and units?

• SnakeMajin
    779 posts Member
    edited January 30
    I don't look like being much into Cross-era, at least as a "main" and "normal" mode.

But I'd freaking love a "full" cross-era week-end on most game modes. Lightside vs Darkside. Where you can use any reinforcement, hero, vehicle as well as any faction's base trooper.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    I don't look like being much into Cross-era, at least as a "main" and "normal" mode.

But I'd freaking love a "full" cross-era week-end on most game modes. Lightside vs Darkside. Where you can use any reinforcement, hero, vehicle as well as any faction's base trooper.

tumblr_nu0bpdZvCm1qelb9co1_540.gif
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • TheLordWhiskey
    2 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Maybe make a limited (or maybe permenant) hero hunt from battlefront 1, but with era appropriate heroes and units?

Also you could make it a 4 hero mode per side, and start with 0 reinforcements, but after 2 heroes die, a reinforcement slot can be opened, then as another hero dies, another reinforcement can be used.
  • You should do heroes/reinforcements unleashed more often but not too often because it would get boring
  • @F8RGE Does the BOTG event include Reinforcements? Cause a lot of people really want a BOTG event with no Heros, No Vehicles, No Reinforcements/Aerials. Just Troopers.
  • era specific heroes only please!
  • SYchael
    126 posts Member
    edited January 30
    “What event would you guys like to see in the future?”

The best event we could get is more content!!!
  • Disturbance in the Force: HvV Event!

Friendly Fire... turn that good stuff on! Everything else would function like normal, only now players will need to be careful not to harm their allies in the fight.
  • We want both the heroes and the reinforcements at the same time. I know it is difficult and requires a huge server...but if it is possible in the force then it is a power that is desired....

May the force be with you,
    Valiante C. Waltz
  • No Holding Back: Hero Showdown Event/HvV
    All ability cooldown speeds are doubled.

Back to Basics: Hero Showdown Event
    Abilities cannot be used... only weapons and dodges.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    166wks8d4vyp.png

Unlimited Power or Life Day
  • Is the triple XP of this week available only for Assault modes or all modes?

Free-for-All Ultimate GA. Everyone can chose whatever unit they like for zero cost and no limits on certain heroes. 20 persons can be Palpatine or Anakin.

166wks8d4vyp.png

Any events that don’t make half of the community not want to play that weekend like BOTG and HU.
    166wks8d4vyp.png

I personally would love to see either a heroes unleashed galactic assault mode available all the time, or do it every weekend. It’s my favorite event and is so much fun to play
    166wks8d4vyp.png

I personally would love to see either a heroes unleashed galactic assault mode available all the time, or do it every weekend. It’s my favorite event and is so much fun to play

Absolutely hate it :) BUT - as long as we would have the opportunity to play GA and others normally in parallel, why not. I often talk about having 2 seperate playlists. One in which events run all the time and one in which game modes run "standard", so that you can always play the mode you want how you want it and not force players to either not play battlefront or to play a version of a mode they don't like
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • jo_achim747
    2184 posts Member
    edited January 31
    Regarding a possible future event...

Rise of an Empire
    • 4 standard classes and heroes are locked.
    • During this time you can only play as reinforcements and tanks (as well as starfighters)

Edit:
    Reinforcements would therefore have 0 BP cost and would be the new "standard troops". BP can then ben spend on tanks and other vehicles.
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Um.... where's the Update?
  • Tigzee wrote: »
    Um.... where's the Update?

postponed, you can read up on it here:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153499/quick-note-on-the-bb-update#latest

• Thank you! Got it :)B)
  • No heroes in GA and CS modes event.
  • So I'm new to the actual forums and bought this game last week but forcing some of these events on the game-modes is mind boggingly stupid to me.

So you're telling me for an entire weekend, 2 whole days, there will be an event that I simply can't choose a hero and another event where they will be just running around freely because they cost barely any BP. Who the hell came up with these ideas who works there?

Better yet, how do people find either of these fun? Whoever came up with either of these ideas should be fired for incompetence immediately and having bad ideas.

You can bet that I won't be touching Battlefront 2 either of those weekends. Those both just sound awful, and the worst part is you're forced to play it if you want to play.

Actually you can just play Co-op, SA , or HvV
  • So I'm new to the actual forums and bought this game last week but forcing some of these events on the game-modes is mind boggingly stupid to me.

So you're telling me for an entire weekend, 2 whole days, there will be an event that I simply can't choose a hero and another event where they will be just running around freely because they cost barely any BP. Who the hell came up with these ideas who works there?

Better yet, how do people find either of these fun? Whoever came up with either of these ideas should be fired for incompetence immediately and having bad ideas.

You can bet that I won't be touching Battlefront 2 either of those weekends. Those both just sound awful, and the worst part is you're forced to play it if you want to play.

Actually you can just play Co-op, SA , or HvV

Not the same

• Would love to see a heroes vs villains event where players can use all of their star cards at the same time.
  • How about unique events for other modes like an extraction event, Ewok Hunt, or a starfighter based event? I mean we may not be getting more content anytime soon but for example leveling up starfighters for new players is basically a chore unless it’s triple xp, so why not do something unique to spice up the grind?
  • vonVile
    533 posts Member
    edited February 1
    DICE, please, create new GA scenarios.

Here's a few:
    • Battlefront 1 Rules: One Hero per side with 6000BP cost.
    • Battlefront 2 Launch Rules: Go back to 6000BP for Era Heroes and 8000BP for non-Era.
    • Blast Heroes Only
    • Hero Era Lock
  • I'd like Heroes VS Villains unleashed, an 8 v 8 or 9 v 9 HvV! That would be amazing.
  • Be cool to see an event where all the heroes can be deployed at once ie. 8v8 on HvV or 8 heroes on assault modes rather than the standard 2/4.
  • mmcg02 wrote: »
    Be cool to see an event where all the heroes can be deployed at once ie. 8v8 on HvV or 8 heroes on assault modes rather than the standard 2/4.

yeah. Would be fun. Might even balanced that mode somewhat. A Finn in that environment would be pretty valuble. Maybe kick tha DS in tha nuts for once!
  • [/quote]What sort of events would you like us to do in the future?[/quote]

I loved both the Blaster and Lightsaber only HvV events, they were probably my all time favorites. Though I must say, I am very much looking forward to the line up this month. Thank you for all the great work you guys do!!!
  • how about some custom servers were people can roleplay on them or explore the maps instead of the normal ones were its small so we have the conquest maps for custom and have a max number of players like 10-15 players because that might be fun for xbox and playstation and pc
  • also what about daily crates i realy want them to come back in the march update
  • Remove all events that limit content like boots on the ground - seriously it's garbage and when it comes around people I know who've played since launch just don't play all weekend.

Events that make certain characters cheaper are 'OK'.
  • Get rid of boots on the ground altogether, it's a horrible event. All it does is strip content.
  • buff
    276 posts Member
    Cadoth wrote: »
    It would be kinda cool to have an event for HvV where the LS is against LS and DS is against DS, like one match you play LS vs LS and the other it’s DS vs DS. But i do get that it would be too weird and no one would like to see Vader fighting Vader, Obi fighting Obi etc... And it’s also too canon breaking so nvm

i just want to choose whoever from both sides...should be able to play a team as vader, yoda, han, palps for instance
    ppxq6xz1oqaz.gif

Cant spell Windu, without win....
    Windu for BF2 2020
  • chewielovesu
    963 posts Member
    edited February 3
    10 v 10 HvV as Weekend Event will be a fun and interesting experiment :)
    166wks8d4vyp.png

More Heroes Unleashed - man I love this mode, best multiplayer style in the game. I'd love for it to be once a week. And frankly a lot less 3* buffs. I've maxed out everything so this does nothing for me at all. I'm sure its useful for new player,s but does it have to happen both once a week and on weekends? For folks like me it really isn't an event at all. No difference between a level 90 Kylo and a level 50 Kylo for me anyway. Seeing it available twice in a month is a gut punch every time, especially when there's no heroes unleashed that month.

A potential new event would be to rotate the re-enforcements for capital supremacy once all three eras are out for a weekend - so you'd have prequel heroes/re-enforcements in the sequels, sequel in the original trilogy, etc. Or just make all heroes or re-enforcement available in all modes. Would add some zaniness and fun game-play
  • How about an every Hero/Villian for himself mode. Death-match with no teams.