criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II - The BB Update & Age of Rebellion on the way

12346Next

Replies

• Grievous15 wrote: »
    MrEdwx wrote: »
    I really think that Aerial in the separatist is too much. His weapon's automatically plus it makes so much damage to mostly all troops. Having that in mind and that Aerial it's only reinforcement I really think that you have to nerf it

The clone jet trooper is much worse. Those guys are like friggin snipers and need a nerf.

Nay they don't need a nerf they are just ridiculously deadly AI in Co-Op and very precise. I played as the jet trooper and died just like anybody else.
    “There is always hope.”
  • So far it only seems like Scariff is the only thing of value, but if it just a Capital Supremacy map, who cares. And ground only? So, you aren't taking the time to do it right? Cutting more corners?
  • I'm really eager to know when all the Original Trilogy maps are coming. I've played the sequel trilogy maps into the ground. They are awesome though.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Will you guys take the time to fix the following issues?

1. No boarding cinematics.
    2. No rust and weathering on the Resistance AT-ST.
    3. Clone fighters seen on Ajan Kloss.
    4. Resistance using the FO speaders on Ajan Kloss (makes no sense on that map).

@F8RGE ?
  • i hope tatooine, hoth and endor come on capital supremacy, these are the most iconic maps from those movies. Later on maybe a capital ship over hoth endor tatooine endor... please add that DICE
  • DragonFang
    18 posts Member
    edited February 19
    jayn81 wrote: »
    I NEVER gripe about this game's developers because it is a huge game and they are still trying, but I'm giving up on that today. Have you ever heard the phrases "If it isn't broken, don't fix it?" or "Fixing it until it's broken?" Seriously...
    >Droids? Cool, a new style of playing and cooperating with others, and I agree with some others that the R series astromechs and IG-88 would also be great and somewhat unique additions.
    >New maps? Excellent and please keep them coming in ALL on-ground modes.
    >The **** AI in co-op becoming even more insane without even trying to fix the NUMEROUS rule breaks they pull off? Hell no. I know I can't shoot while stunned, choked, thrown, etc but AI can and somehow do MORE damage. I know I don't have unlimited jet pack jumps as a jet trooper nor pull off Unrelenting Advance for A FULL MINUTE as Grievous with no cooldowns, but AI sure does. I know I damn well I can't SHOOT THROUGH 8 FEET OF SOLID MATERIAL ALL THE TIME, but AI sure as hell can. I know when facing AI Yoda he has a fair amount of stamina and definitely cant be killed from full health by one melee attack by a battle droid, but AI can overcome both when I am playing as Yoda.
    >There is absolutely zero consistency in the behavior and skill of the AI in Co-Op (not sure about other game modes) which is taking a game that is challenging but fun and turning it into something that is nothing but stressful and infuriating to play. When yesterday you're consistently making it through with no more than 3 deaths and today you can't make it through a map with less that 15 deaths, something is f*cked.

This really is a case of git gud. The AI does 'cheat' a bit, particularly in the animations departement, but if you really can't beat them then you're terrible. Their aim isn't great except at point blank, they walk straight towards their deaths regardless of what's in front of them, and they only know how to move towards objectives. If you stand behind an object they will immediately forget that you're there, and enemy heroes play like noobs who just rush straight into a hail of blaster fire only to get melted down immediately.

If you're dying a lot in co-op, it's definitely you. If they make the AI any easier it'll become utterly boring. The fact that your matches against pre-programmed bots have inconsistent results only points out that you're having bad days - because your skill level is far more likely to fluctuate than a bot's.
  • Destroy the droids, everybody hates them besides the cheeseheads. Where's Ahsoka Tona? Wheres Mace Windu? Nobody ever said wheres bb8? Wheres bb9E who came from the 8th films had little screen time, and was made by "RUIN" Johnson. Plus your new patch destroyed what yall have been working so hard to rebuild. #boycottbf2onceagain
  • What is the point to make a such great caracter like anakin and nerf him so much so far that he will become useless ??
    Ok at start he was OP but now he is really well balanced.

The worst modification announced is about Massive strike, which make him using more stamina to give lightsaber strikes.
    This is really pointless regarding the movies because Anakin is the best attacker, abble to chain many strikes without stopping. Just look his charge on Obi wan in Sith Revenge.

I already find Anakin stamina is weak. This is obvious that this nerf will definitly destroy him and make it useless.

I really hope dev will realize how bad is this improvement and cancel it, to make Anakin still playable and a great caracter!

You're absolutely right. Why not nerf idk iden versio?!?!?! A useless made up character who is on the dark side but according to your story line is a good guy most of the time?!?! Terrible...
  • Starmasui73146
    2007 posts Member
    edited February 19
    jayn81 wrote: »
    >The **** AI in co-op becoming even more insane without even trying to fix the NUMEROUS rule breaks they pull off? Hell no. I know I can't shoot while stunned, choked, thrown, etc but AI can and somehow do MORE damage. I know I don't have unlimited jet pack jumps as a jet trooper nor pull off Unrelenting Advance for A FULL MINUTE as Grievous with no cooldowns, but AI sure does. I know I damn well I can't SHOOT THROUGH 8 FEET OF SOLID MATERIAL ALL THE TIME, but AI sure as hell can. I know when facing AI Yoda he has a fair amount of stamina and definitely cant be killed from full health by one melee attack by a battle droid, but AI can overcome both when I am playing as Yoda.
    >There is absolutely zero consistency in the behavior and skill of the AI in Co-Op (not sure about other game modes) which is taking a game that is challenging but fun and turning it into something that is nothing but stressful and infuriating to play. When yesterday you're consistently making it through with no more than 3 deaths and today you can't make it through a map with less that 15 deaths, something is f*cked.

(1.) Shooting while stunned - True. I saw this too yesterday. A stunned A.I. shot me in the head dead while still being shocked by BB-9E.

(2.) A.I. doing more damage - True. I know for a fact that the A.I. Officer has 1 shot killed me in the head (no it was not a double burst). That weapon does not have 100% damage.

(3.) Unlimited Jetpacks - Hmmmmm this one anyone can give the illusion of infinite jetpack, here's how. Use your Jetpack Boast, then use your Jetpack Dash forward, then hit your dodge, then dodge again. By now you'll have Jetpack Boast again. Thus it appears like infinite boast. Even more so as the First Order so I think you are misunderstanding the computers playing.

(4.) Unrelenting Advance as Grevious for a full minute - Well it is a given that you would need to give the A.I. a bit of an edge other wise it would be lame and boring.

(5.) A.I. Shooting through 8 feet of solid material - True. Yeah the Frostbite engine has had phasing issues since the original SWBF 2015 game. I saw a few days back an A.I. fire through 6 feet thick metal on Jakku, killing me dead, so your not wrong.

Also sometimes after you have gone behind a wall you'll still get shot. This happened in the first game too. In the first game someone claimed it was that the hit box for people extends out past your actual body (shrug).

(6.) 1 melee by an A.I. player can drop a hero - True. Yes you are right, I too have had that happen to me as well.

I also have had it were I would melee an A.I. enemy from behind and they don't die (in the first game doing that would kill them). In fact I hit them again as they turn around and a third time. The third time the A.I. drops but I die from only 1 hit of the A.I.'s melee.

(7.) Random A.I. play not consistent - I actually find that refreshing at times. But I can see how you can get frustrated (i.e.- friendly A.I. doing objective then friendly A.I. only kinda doing the objective).

Though Ironically recently on maps like Kamino and Geonosis (with heroes off on Expert) the maps are feeling waaaaay more balanced. I was just raving about that on another thread. So yeah there are clearly still some issues to address but at least maps are getting more balanced and the Destroyers (Droideka) are working right finally.

(8.) Dying a lot - Well it is bots not men, they will track you better. Learn to use more cover. "But...but," you say. Yeah I know the phase issue. It does need addressing.

For now here's my advice. Learn to strafe more. Be more sneaky. Avoid busy heavily fortified enemy routes, etc, etc, yada, yada...

Any way, that's my two sense. Hopefully some of those things will be addressed you mentioned.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    MrEdwx wrote: »
    I really think that Aerial in the separatist is too much. His weapon's automatically plus it makes so much damage to mostly all troops. Having that in mind and that Aerial it's only reinforcement I really think that you have to nerf it

The clone jet trooper is much worse. Those guys are like friggin snipers and need a nerf.

Nay they don't need a nerf they are just ridiculously deadly AI in Co-Op and very precise. I played as the jet trooper and died just like anybody else.

I mean the blaster damage. The clone jet troopers have better blaster range than the blaster heroes for goodness sake.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Can we expect more clone wars contents soon?
  • Grievous15
    2207 posts Member
    edited February 19
    Tom40 wrote: »
    Can we expect more clone wars contents soon?

Well the PT/TCW already had it's fair year and a couple months of content...... so that's why they did ST content updates and are not moving onto the OT era content. If anything they maybe will only add Ahsoka and Ventress for the return of the TCW but that'll probably be all TCW content gets for a good long while. So that way it's more fair that not just one era on content gets the most.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Guille92h
    87 posts Member
    edited February 20

(1.) Shooting while stunned - True. I saw this too yesterday. A stunned A.I. shot me in the head dead while still being shocked by BB-9E.

(2.) A.I. doing more damage - True. I know for a fact that the A.I. Officer has 1 shot killed me in the head (no it was not a double burst). That weapon does not have 100% damage.

(3.) Unlimited Jetpacks - Hmmmmm this one anyone can give the illusion of infinite jetpack, here's how. Use your Jetpack Boast, then use your Jetpack Dash forward, then hit your dodge, then dodge again. By now you'll have Jetpack Boast again. Thus it appears like infinite boast. Even more so as the First Order so I think you are misunderstanding the computers playing.

(4.) Unrelenting Advance as Grevious for a full minute - Well it is a given that you would need to give the A.I. a bit of an edge other wise it would be lame and boring.

(5.) A.I. Shooting through 8 feet of solid material - True. Yeah the Frostbite engine has had phasing issues since the original SWBF 2015 game. I saw a few days back an A.I. fire through 6 feet thick metal on Jakku, killing me dead, so your not wrong.

Also sometimes after you have gone behind a wall you'll still get shot. This happened in the first game too. In the first game someone claimed it was that the hit box for people extends out past your actual body (shrug).

(6.) 1 melee by an A.I. player can drop a hero - True. Yes you are right, I too have had that happen to me as well.

I also have had it were I would melee an A.I. enemy from behind and they don't die (in the first game doing that would kill them). In fact I hit them again as they turn around and a third time. The third time the A.I. drops but I die from only 1 hit of the A.I.'s melee.

(7.) Random A.I. play not consistent - I actually find that refreshing at times. But I can see how you can get frustrated (i.e.- friendly A.I. doing objective then friendly A.I. only kinda doing the objective).

Though Ironically recently on maps like Kamino and Geonosis (with heroes off on Expert) the maps are feeling waaaaay more balanced. I was just raving about that on another thread. So yeah there are clearly still some issues to address but at least maps are getting more balanced and the Destroyers (Droideka) are working right finally.

(8.) Dying a lot - Well it is bots not men, they will track you better. Learn to use more cover. "But...but," you say. Yeah I know the phase issue. It does need addressing.

For now here's my advice. Learn to strafe more. Be more sneaky. Avoid busy heavily fortified enemy routes, etc, etc, yada, yada...

Any way, that's my two sense. Hopefully some of those things will be addressed you mentioned.

A couple of notes, I am on pc so some things could be a bit different if you are not playing on pc.
    (1.) Shooting while stunned - Haven't happened to me, have in account that the stun is for a very short time after the first hit to a trooper with the shock prod of bb9-e to a trooper although is a bit buggy sometimes doesn't stun the enemy when you hit another enemy without releasing the attack button and pressing it down again. In fact that stun makes me much better playing as bb9-e than bb8, i get killed easy with bb8 but not bb9-e
    (2.) A.I. doing more damage - Haven't happened to me in co-op but it happens to me in GA when there are hackers.

(4.) Unrelenting Advance as Grevious for a full minute Fun fact: yesterday playing Co-Op i killed a full health Grevious with Yoda without taking any damage because was doing unrelenting advance against a pipe so him having longer unrelenting advance caused him to die without doing any damage.

(5.) A.I. Shooting through 8 feet of solid material Haven't happened that to me.

(6.) 1 melee by an A.I. player can drop a hero - Yes that's true i think the troopers and reinforcements should not deal so much damage to heroes with melee or something as with a lighsaber heroe you don't have any other option but to get close. Also their aim meleeing is crazy they always hit, instead when i melee them sometimes being in front of them i don't hit them, i think their aim meleeing should not be so high.

Anyway i think the difficulty is good if you are not alone and have at least one or two players that play the objective but when all players are playing the objective it is easy and when playing with incompetent players that don't play any objective it is hard (this last situation happens a lot in co-op as most people just go to level up troopers or heroes or unlock the weapons i use it for that but playing the objective) sometimes i even see people camping with a sniper while one of the command posts is left being captured, i don't know if they don't know the mechanics of the mode or make it on purpose to just get kill but is nerveracking.
  • Starmasui73146
    2007 posts Member
    edited February 22
    Guille92h wrote: »

Anyway i think the difficulty is good if you are not alone and have at least one or two players that play the objective but when all players are playing the objective it is easy and when playing with incompetent players that don't play any objective it is hard (this last situation happens a lot in co-op as most people just go to level up troopers or heroes or unlock the weapons i use it for that but playing the objective) sometimes i even see people camping with a sniper while one of the command posts is left being captured, i don't know if they don't know the mechanics of the mode or make it on purpose to just get kill but is nerve-racking.

The only place I usually do the sniping on is Starkiller Base as Resistance or First Order. Only on the first set of CPs usually. If it gets down to one minute, 30 seconds I'll grab a Heavy, Vassian Gunner or BB-8 and take the CP. But yeah use of snipers in certain areas is often un-beneficial due to close quarters combat. It is never smart to let the clock tick down to zero with no plan and ignoring the CP utterly.

Anxiously awaiting the OT maps. 👍🏼

Latest Tweets by Ben Walke of DICE says A.I. vehicles are indeed finally coming to all the modes that need filing in: "Capital Supremacy", "Co-Op" and Offline "Instant Action".
    Plus more menu options for IA.

4f3zpsnj4gww.jpg

It's finally here. Hurray. 😄🤗👍🏼🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

In other news Ben Walke (F8RGE) also might have hinted that we indeed will be getting friendly hero A.I. support extremely soon.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    2007 posts Member
    edited February 23
    February 18th EA servers went down, millions of gamers playing: Apex Legends, FIFA 20, Star Wars Battlefront II, etc lost there connection.

EA on Twitter said...

EA Help
    @EAHelp
    The issues affecting EA and EA Help services has been resolved. Thanks so much for your patience!

EA Community Manager Ben Walke also said on Twitter that they hopefully fixed the crashing. This was posted also on Feb 18th, 2020.

"Systems should now be recovering. Apologies for the break in gameplay."
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • I thought unrelenting advance was supposed to be unrelenting. Now, two jedi drain grievous stamina very fast but grievous doesnt do the same with two sabers on one hero? I found it balanced when you could save yourself from 2v1 by advancing unrelentlessly and in a nick of time your team arrives to balance it out. Also,now the advance cancels out when hit in the beginning. Almost every characters abilities do. Otherwise i like everything Dice has done so far. Droids are a fun addition, now some OT droid action! :D
  • As much as i'm excited about the OT content, I really feel like the lack of Hoth, Tatooine, Endor, etc for Capital Supremacy is a shame. The point about "leaving the Death Star to go to a capital ship" is a little invalid when you could go from Endor TO the Death Star, or even just providing us with more maps with Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, Bespin than the two with Death Star and Scarif. All in all, excited to see future updates and stuff anyway as more content is still content and I know you guys are far from done with working on this game. I would also like to see a couple of things like Felucia and future maps coming to Arcade so the splitscreen fans can get a bit more love, as well as having only one AI enemy hero in instant action so that the encounter is a lot more immersive and cooler (in my opinion) than having two of them rolling up and making it less of a showdown. I know the starfighter stuff is on the back burner but having a form of starfighter co-op against AI with objectives and such would go a long way. Either way, wishing you guys luck with future work.
  • dont like the nerfs, heroes are heroes, the other heroes need buffs , the roll thing for dodge powers/saber hits is patetic
  • add Ahsoka and Ventress please !! The game is absolutely perfect I love it but it's time to add them both <3