criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Can we please get the Capital Ships for the Age of Rebellion in Supremacy?

Prev13

Replies

  • Zman2202
    838 posts Member
    edited January 31
    No, unfortunately

    THIS IS THE WAY
  • The would need time to design, this way they can put maps in the game within reasonable time. Also they got a point about Death star II
  • The would need time to design, this way they can put maps in the game within reasonable time. Also they got a point about Death star II

    Me and many other people are willing to wait months and have things complete and live a real experience inside the capital ships.
  • Add some dang ships. It's a game... Gawl
  • As long as it doesn't de-volve into a giant boring hallway death funnel, then I'm for it.

    Capital ships on CS suck. I like the idea, wish they were better at making the actual maps.
  • IcedFreon
    955 posts Member
    edited February 1
    100% agreed.
    we need the most iconic ship in Star wars ingame.

    The star destroyer.
    It cant be that ST and PT get the full experience but they half bake OT with boring ground phase only.

    Give us the two ship interiors dice, pls

    Um I don't think star destroyers are more iconic than an xwing or tie fighter. You don't see any stories or spinoffs about star destroyers
  • IcedFreon wrote: »
    100% agreed.
    we need the most iconic ship in Star wars ingame.

    The star destroyer.
    It cant be that ST and PT get the full experience but they half bake OT with boring ground phase only.

    Give us the two ship interiors dice, pls

    Um I don't think star destroyers are more iconic than an xwing or tie fighter. You don't see any stories or spinoffs about star destroyers

    Do you have a story or spinoff of a X wing or a tie fighter
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • Give us the star destroyer.
  • And it's not like it needs to be in all of them, Scarif and the Death Star being obvious exceptions. Mos Eisley could have it, Endor could, Hoth, Yavin, Bespin in Cloud City could be added and work perfectly for the mode.

    That's right, I'm excited to have Scariff even without Capital Ships but this shouldn't take them away from the other maps.
  • Ot cs should have only 5 maps not more.
  • Ot cs should have only 5 maps not more.

    Yes that was just an example of maps where you could get on the Capital Ships.
  • Would be awesome to fight in an imperial stardestroyer
  • We want to play on Capital ships @F8RGE Dont do that misdecision . Ground phase only just for DS2

    just unfair that ST and PT have it but not OT
  • Just going to say as there are quite a few of these threads popping up. DICE have announced that there will not be ships in the new CS. So there won't be. We need to deal with that. They aren't changing their mond and change months of planning and design.
    It's not like CS is an amazing game mode that needs ships anyway...

    Yes, but now without what the Capital Supremacy mode (the phase in which you enter the Capital Ships) enhanced, the Supremacy mode will become boring, there is no reason to play a mode in which you only have to conquer command posts.
  • I think it’d be great if they used Devastator and Tantive IV for Tatooine. Is it “realistic” to the movies? Not really, but I don’t feel like any of the Supremacy maps were meant to be “realistic” to the movies as they are.

    The only problem with this would be the Tantive might be too close corridor fighting to make a good map.

    Another “neat” thing could be to use Endor as ground phase and DS2 as “ship” phase. But that wouldn’t work well because they’re separate maps (unless they made a “special” Endor map that had the DS portion built in.)

    I get their decision, even though I wish there were ship segments.
  • Just going to say as there are quite a few of these threads popping up. DICE have announced that there will not be ships in the new CS. So there won't be. We need to deal with that. They aren't changing their mond and change months of planning and design.
    It's not like CS is an amazing game mode that needs ships anyway...

    Yes, but now without what the Capital Supremacy mode (the phase in which you enter the Capital Ships) enhanced, the Supremacy mode will become boring, there is no reason to play a mode in which you only have to conquer command posts.

    Well we don't know DICE won't add a different kind of 2nd phase. Anyway... Tooing and frowing to ships and back was boring too. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Just going to say as there are quite a few of these threads popping up. DICE have announced that there will not be ships in the new CS. So there won't be. We need to deal with that. They aren't changing their mond and change months of planning and design.
    It's not like CS is an amazing game mode that needs ships anyway...

    It needs
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    No ships= no cutscenes or phased combat. This is a good thing.

    Leave ships and bots out of OT maps.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    👌🏻

    bots yes. ship no. the ship is diverse and gives more maps to play on. if you dont like it play instant action
  • Just going to say as there are quite a few of these threads popping up. DICE have announced that there will not be ships in the new CS. So there won't be. We need to deal with that. They aren't changing their mond and change months of planning and design.
    It's not like CS is an amazing game mode that needs ships anyway...

    well that settles it, ill never be touching the garbage heap that will be OT "Capital" Supremacy, ill stick to PT and ST and not even touch the OT version.
    hell htye might as well not even bothe rwith OT supremacy if they arent even going to put in the effort to stay true to the mode they created based of Garbage reason like "it wouldmt make sense to go fromt he DS to a SD or from scariff to a SD" then dont freaking include them as maps then for supremacy, or make the Death star the actual capital Ship phase. Shocking idea DICE i Know.
  • Its just so typical of this game at this point. Players been waiting for ages for OT CS and when we get it its only half the experience... ugh.
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Its just so typical of this game at this point. Players been waiting for ages for OT CS and when we get it its only half the experience... ugh.

    What's typical about it, exactly? It's still adding in new content, it's including all eras and heroes, and the reason they gave for not having them makes sense for at least 2 of the maps. Just because it's not in them means it's being lazy or just not caring. Being so **** about a simple change that people actually have been asking for isn't going to enforce your reasoning any better and neither is assuming the devs did it for shlts and giggles.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    No ships= no cutscenes or phased combat. This is a good thing.

    Leave ships and bots out of OT maps.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    👌🏻

    Conquest. We hardly knew ye
  • AW_Cramer
    448 posts Member
    edited February 3
    AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Its just so typical of this game at this point. Players been waiting for ages for OT CS and when we get it its only half the experience... ugh.

    What's typical about it, exactly? It's still adding in new content, it's including all eras and heroes, and the reason they gave for not having them makes sense for at least 2 of the maps. Just because it's not in them means it's being lazy or just not caring. Being so ***** about a simple change that people actually have been asking for isn't going to enforce your reasoning any better and neither is assuming the devs did it for shlts and giggles.

    Of all the maps we could have gotten for OT CS they just happen to give us the ones that "don't require" capital ship phases... If you cant see the oddity here then I dunno. Am I happy to get new content? of course I am... does it make sense not to have Capital Ships for these two maps... yes it does BUT their wording doesnt sound like it bodes well for getting any ships for OT CS... hell they even renamed the mode to exclude Capital! Whats the bet the next OT CS maps we'll get will be interiors of Hoth and Yavin... I hope Im wrong but we've seen odd choices by the devs in the past...

    and I quote... "We’re renaming this game mode to encompass all eras as the upcoming Original Trilogy variant will be fought exclusively on the ground."

  • Piscettios wrote: »
    No ships= no cutscenes or phased combat. This is a good thing.

    Leave ships and bots out of OT maps.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    👌🏻

    Then make it universal across all the eras.
    I do not want to have a different experience based on what era I pick. For example, PT might be my favourite era, but I do not like the ship phase, so I go onto OT era, where I don’t have to play the ship phase, but I don’t like the OT.
    It messes everything up, now if everything was uniform, it is down to whether I like the mode or not, which is a lot easier to deal with
  • bfloo
    16772 posts Member
    They should just make the ships separate maps.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • now that i saw the ST maps i really want the OT ships as well. dice please i dont want to see a half baked OT era Supremacy. that just isnt fair pls Dice.
    @EA_Tom ! Pls listen to us
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    Yep. Didn’t have to read past this one.
  • Add me to the list... bring on the OT ships!

    Don’t you have them from the campaign?
  • now that i saw the ST maps i really want the OT ships as well. dice please i dont want to see a half baked OT era Supremacy. that just isnt fair pls Dice.
    @EA_Tom ! Pls listen to us

    If they don't replace the ship phase with something else it would be a disgrace.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    Go play instant action or one of the many copy and paste variations of these maps. Some of us like not being on the same redundant maps for the entire game.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    Go play instant action or one of the many copy and paste variations of these maps. Some of us like not being on the same redundant maps for the entire game.

    IA isn't multiplayer

    Some of us don't like being wisked away from the actual planets to the same redundant ship interiors.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    Go play instant action or one of the many copy and paste variations of these maps. Some of us like not being on the same redundant maps for the entire game.

    IA isn't multiplayer

    Some of us don't like being wisked away from the actual planets to the same redundant ship interiors.

    well if both eras alreadxy have the ships and they wont be removed its onl y fair that the last era also get the ships!
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    Go play instant action or one of the many copy and paste variations of these maps. Some of us like not being on the same redundant maps for the entire game.

    IA isn't multiplayer

    Some of us don't like being wisked away from the actual planets to the same redundant ship interiors.

    Some of us don’t like being stuck on the same planets that have been used again and again in GA, Co-op, Arcade, Blast, HvV, Instant Action, and CS for a whole match. Capital ships are always new and interesting, and it’s not right for OT, the most iconic era, to be left out.
  • While I enjoy the new ships, I’m very appreciative that we’re actually going to get a real Conquest experience in BF2, with ground maps designed to carry the whole match. Finally. And... It’s going to be for the OT. Perfect!
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    Go play instant action or one of the many copy and paste variations of these maps. Some of us like not being on the same redundant maps for the entire game.

    IA isn't multiplayer

    Some of us don't like being wisked away from the actual planets to the same redundant ship interiors.

    Some of us don’t like being stuck on the same planets that have been used again and again in GA, Co-op, Arcade, Blast, HvV, Instant Action, and CS for a whole match. Capital ships are always new and interesting, and it’s not right for OT, the most iconic era, to be left out.

    Then what was the point of adding more planets? Why have the ground phase at all?

    I'm pretty sure those who are excited for Scarif want to play on Scarif not in some hallways. The same hallways that will be from every other map of the era and maps and HvV.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    Go play instant action or one of the many copy and paste variations of these maps. Some of us like not being on the same redundant maps for the entire game.

    IA isn't multiplayer

    Some of us don't like being wisked away from the actual planets to the same redundant ship interiors.

    well if both eras alreadxy have the ships and they wont be removed its onl y fair that the last era also get the ships!

    They could just remove the ships from those eras, would make the mode better
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    Go play instant action or one of the many copy and paste variations of these maps. Some of us like not being on the same redundant maps for the entire game.

    IA isn't multiplayer

    Some of us don't like being wisked away from the actual planets to the same redundant ship interiors.

    Some of us don’t like being stuck on the same planets that have been used again and again in GA, Co-op, Arcade, Blast, HvV, Instant Action, and CS for a whole match. Capital ships are always new and interesting, and it’s not right for OT, the most iconic era, to be left out.

    Then what was the point of adding more planets? Why have the ground phase at all?

    I'm pretty sure those who are excited for Scarif want to play on Scarif not in some hallways. The same hallways that will be from every other map of the era and maps and HvV.

    Hallways... I couldn’t agree more. This is supposed to be a large battle game, but every single map’s final phase is indoors in hallways. Except Geonosis, which is seemingly unpopular to a lot of people. It’s the great fail of GA. The final phase of GA battles are all indoors. Same goes for CS so far. But not the OT! Thank the Force!
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    Go play instant action or one of the many copy and paste variations of these maps. Some of us like not being on the same redundant maps for the entire game.

    IA isn't multiplayer

    Some of us don't like being wisked away from the actual planets to the same redundant ship interiors.

    Some of us don’t like being stuck on the same planets that have been used again and again in GA, Co-op, Arcade, Blast, HvV, Instant Action, and CS for a whole match. Capital ships are always new and interesting, and it’s not right for OT, the most iconic era, to be left out.

    Then what was the point of adding more planets? Why have the ground phase at all?

    I'm pretty sure those who are excited for Scarif want to play on Scarif not in some hallways. The same hallways that will be from every other map of the era and maps and HvV.

    I’m not saying the ships are better than the ground phase. I’m saying I want variety. If I want to play those maps, I’ll play Co-op. Plus, the ground phases are really long. The ship phase is just extra maps. I’m pretty sure those who are excited for Scarif (myself included) will not have their hopes dashed by having to go to Star Destroyers. In fact, it’ll be extra fun. What’s your point exactly? The ship phase will be so annoying because it ruins your little fun running around on the same old maps until you reach a percent? And that we should scrap the possibility of getting to go in star destroyers because of it?
  • DarthJ
    7079 posts Member
    edited February 6
    Personally I am fine with it. The ground phase is more enjoyable for me, so I hope they make it longer without the ship phase.

    I do want the Resistance Cruiser and FO Star Destroyer maps added to blast though. They are too beautiful to leave in CS only
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

    Go play instant action or one of the many copy and paste variations of these maps. Some of us like not being on the same redundant maps for the entire game.

    IA isn't multiplayer

    Some of us don't like being wisked away from the actual planets to the same redundant ship interiors.

    Some of us don’t like being stuck on the same planets that have been used again and again in GA, Co-op, Arcade, Blast, HvV, Instant Action, and CS for a whole match. Capital ships are always new and interesting, and it’s not right for OT, the most iconic era, to be left out.

    Then what was the point of adding more planets? Why have the ground phase at all?

    I'm pretty sure those who are excited for Scarif want to play on Scarif not in some hallways. The same hallways that will be from every other map of the era and maps and HvV.

    I’m not saying the ships are better than the ground phase. I’m saying I want variety. If I want to play those maps, I’ll play Co-op. Plus, the ground phases are really long. The ship phase is just extra maps. I’m pretty sure those who are excited for Scarif (myself included) will not have their hopes dashed by having to go to Star Destroyers. In fact, it’ll be extra fun. What’s your point exactly? The ship phase will be so annoying because it ruins your little fun running around on the same old maps until you reach a percent? And that we should scrap the possibility of getting to go in star destroyers because of it?

    Variety lies in the different maps you play after one ends, Co op, strike, GA, blast, and HvV play completely different from each other. Playing conquest on Yavin 4 won't be similar to GA at all, it won't even be remotely similar to other modes like blast.

    It's also a contradiction to say you want variety when you want them to add the same ship phases to all the ot maps which will factually make them similar. There is 0 difference between a ship phases that are on different planets, all supremacy maps including a section where you are funneled into hallways and objective rooms are by far more repetitive then staying on the ground.

    My "little fun running around the same map to fill a percentage" is called conquest, it is one of the most popular well known mp mode in game history and is miles beyond this game's barigin brand version of Titan mode. Which also begs the question is staying on the ground too annoying for you because it takes away from being blown up in the same hallways?

    Why should we scrap a non linear big mode (that we still don't have) so you can have fun running around hallways?

    First of all, let me make my point clear. I want the ships because this is our only chance of getting them, not because I want to make the modes “repetitive”. Star destroyers are arguably the most iconic ships in all of Star Wars, and for them to be left out would be lame to say the least.
    Secondly, you don’t “run around in hallways” the whole match on the ships. Ships provide a goal to get to, instead of running around on a map like whack-a-mole until the meter is filled. I do like the ground phase more than the ship phase, but that doesn’t mean we should scrap it. The ship phase is great. Even those “hallways” with endless deaths fill me with more excitement than monotonous running around, as it instills a band of brothers feel of combat, actual war, where troopers fall right and left, getting pinned down and running into no man’s land.
    Getting rid of the ship phase for everyone just because you don’t like it is selfish.
Sign In or Register to comment.