criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can we please get the Capital Ships for the Age of Rebellion in Supremacy?

Replies

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    No, real conquest is better.

Go play instant action or one of the many copy and paste variations of these maps. Some of us like not being on the same redundant maps for the entire game.

IA isn't multiplayer

Some of us don't like being wisked away from the actual planets to the same redundant ship interiors.

Some of us don’t like being stuck on the same planets that have been used again and again in GA, Co-op, Arcade, Blast, HvV, Instant Action, and CS for a whole match. Capital ships are always new and interesting, and it’s not right for OT, the most iconic era, to be left out.

Then what was the point of adding more planets? Why have the ground phase at all?

I'm pretty sure those who are excited for Scarif want to play on Scarif not in some hallways. The same hallways that will be from every other map of the era and maps and HvV.

I’m not saying the ships are better than the ground phase. I’m saying I want variety. If I want to play those maps, I’ll play Co-op. Plus, the ground phases are really long. The ship phase is just extra maps. I’m pretty sure those who are excited for Scarif (myself included) will not have their hopes dashed by having to go to Star Destroyers. In fact, it’ll be extra fun. What’s your point exactly? The ship phase will be so annoying because it ruins your little fun running around on the same old maps until you reach a percent? And that we should scrap the possibility of getting to go in star destroyers because of it?

Variety lies in the different maps you play after one ends, Co op, strike, GA, blast, and HvV play completely different from each other. Playing conquest on Yavin 4 won't be similar to GA at all, it won't even be remotely similar to other modes like blast.

It's also a contradiction to say you want variety when you want them to add the same ship phases to all the ot maps which will factually make them similar. There is 0 difference between a ship phases that are on different planets, all supremacy maps including a section where you are funneled into hallways and objective rooms are by far more repetitive then staying on the ground.

My "little fun running around the same map to fill a percentage" is called conquest, it is one of the most popular well known mp mode in game history and is miles beyond this game's barigin brand version of Titan mode. Which also begs the question is staying on the ground too annoying for you because it takes away from being blown up in the same hallways?

Why should we scrap a non linear big mode (that we still don't have) so you can have fun running around hallways?

First of all, let me make my point clear. I want the ships because this is our only chance of getting them, not because I want to make the modes “repetitive”. Star destroyers are arguably the most iconic ships in all of Star Wars, and for them to be left out would be lame to say the least.
    Secondly, you don’t “run around in hallways” the whole match on the ships. Ships provide a goal to get to, instead of running around on a map like whack-a-mole until the meter is filled. I do like the ground phase more than the ship phase, but that doesn’t mean we should scrap it. The ship phase is great. Even those “hallways” with endless deaths fill me with more excitement than monotonous running around, as it instills a band of brothers feel of combat, actual war, where troopers fall right and left, getting pinned down and running into no man’s land.
    Getting rid of the ship phase for everyone just because you don’t like it is selfish.

Adding a ship phase just because you like hallways, seeing the inside of a ship that isn't well known for what it looks like on the inside, and just for the sake of adding it is even more selfish, especially when there is a compromise, just go play the eras that have ship interiors and let those who don't want that have this.

“Just because I like hallways”? Sheesh. My point of praising the hallways wasn’t to say that they’re the best part of the ship, it was to try and tell you why I don’t think they’re rubbish. I love the hangars, the reactors, every part of the whole ship. You think people hate the ship phase? Just look at the feedback from the community on the new ships. We love them. Turning Supremacy into online Instant action isn’t the way to go. I want new maps, not a “new” way to play the same old maps. You really think asking for new ships to be added is more selfish than asking for the devs to straight up delete the ships from other modes?
  • Btw sorry if I sound rude and entitled, I usually don’t like getting in pointless arguments like this.

Go play instant action or one of the many copy and paste variations of these maps. Some of us like not being on the same redundant maps for the entire game.

IA isn't multiplayer

Some of us don't like being wisked away from the actual planets to the same redundant ship interiors.

Some of us don’t like being stuck on the same planets that have been used again and again in GA, Co-op, Arcade, Blast, HvV, Instant Action, and CS for a whole match. Capital ships are always new and interesting, and it’s not right for OT, the most iconic era, to be left out.

Then what was the point of adding more planets? Why have the ground phase at all?

I'm pretty sure those who are excited for Scarif want to play on Scarif not in some hallways. The same hallways that will be from every other map of the era and maps and HvV.

I’m not saying the ships are better than the ground phase. I’m saying I want variety. If I want to play those maps, I’ll play Co-op. Plus, the ground phases are really long. The ship phase is just extra maps. I’m pretty sure those who are excited for Scarif (myself included) will not have their hopes dashed by having to go to Star Destroyers. In fact, it’ll be extra fun. What’s your point exactly? The ship phase will be so annoying because it ruins your little fun running around on the same old maps until you reach a percent? And that we should scrap the possibility of getting to go in star destroyers because of it?

Variety lies in the different maps you play after one ends, Co op, strike, GA, blast, and HvV play completely different from each other. Playing conquest on Yavin 4 won't be similar to GA at all, it won't even be remotely similar to other modes like blast.

It's also a contradiction to say you want variety when you want them to add the same ship phases to all the ot maps which will factually make them similar. There is 0 difference between a ship phases that are on different planets, all supremacy maps including a section where you are funneled into hallways and objective rooms are by far more repetitive then staying on the ground.

My "little fun running around the same map to fill a percentage" is called conquest, it is one of the most popular well known mp mode in game history and is miles beyond this game's barigin brand version of Titan mode. Which also begs the question is staying on the ground too annoying for you because it takes away from being blown up in the same hallways?

Why should we scrap a non linear big mode (that we still don't have) so you can have fun running around hallways?

First of all, let me make my point clear. I want the ships because this is our only chance of getting them, not because I want to make the modes “repetitive”. Star destroyers are arguably the most iconic ships in all of Star Wars, and for them to be left out would be lame to say the least.
    Secondly, you don’t “run around in hallways” the whole match on the ships. Ships provide a goal to get to, instead of running around on a map like whack-a-mole until the meter is filled. I do like the ground phase more than the ship phase, but that doesn’t mean we should scrap it. The ship phase is great. Even those “hallways” with endless deaths fill me with more excitement than monotonous running around, as it instills a band of brothers feel of combat, actual war, where troopers fall right and left, getting pinned down and running into no man’s land.
    Getting rid of the ship phase for everyone just because you don’t like it is selfish.

Adding a ship phase just because you like hallways, seeing the inside of a ship that isn't well known for what it looks like on the inside, and just for the sake of adding it is even more selfish, especially when there is a compromise, just go play the eras that have ship interiors and let those who don't want that have this.

“Just because I like hallways”? Sheesh. My point of praising the hallways wasn’t to say that they’re the best part of the ship, it was to try and tell you why I don’t think they’re rubbish. I love the hangars, the reactors, every part of the whole ship. You think people hate the ship phase? Just look at the feedback from the community on the new ships. We love them. Turning Supremacy into online Instant action isn’t the way to go. I want new maps, not a “new” way to play the same old maps. You really think asking for new ships to be added is more selfish than asking for the devs to straight up delete the ships from other modes?

Just because you don't think they are rubbish still doesn't mean they are good from an objective point of view, again no one who plays battlefield wants hallways added to conquest. Also saying "we love them" is generalizing, I know more people who don't like the idea of the ship phase than people who do. I even know more people who pretend this mode is conquest to try and convince others to try the game again when with the ship phase being there it factually isn't.

Yes, I know a great many people who hate the ship phase, most of the feedback of the ST ships is how they look visually which can be said about just about everything in the game. Those same people are actually gonna take an interest in the mode now that there isn't a cutscene taking them away from the mode they wanted and dumping them into enclosed hallways, the complete opposite of what the mode was supposed to be, big, open, and nonlinear.

Getting conquest was what people wanted, also how would you know that online Instant action isn't what people want? A big nonlinear mode was the most requested thing, the ship phases are the complete opposite of that.

I already told you these maps don't even remotely play the same across different modes if anything adding the identical ship phases to all of them will make them similar.

You want the devs to remove the nonlinear aspect of a mode just so you can have your hallways and see the inside of a ship. Yeah, that's pretty selfish because it takes away something a lot of people wanted just because of what you want.

I never suggested them to delete ship phases to other modes, they didn't even add them to other modes, just one which is HvV, which they are awful for, but I didn't say delete them. That said I assume you actually meant was me asking them to delete them from the other eras, no I did not request that, I suggested they would be better without them.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

IA isn't multiplayer

well if both eras alreadxy have the ships and they wont be removed its onl y fair that the last era also get the ships!

They could just remove the ships from those eras, would make the mode better

remove content makes a mode better?
    interesting. wrong.

IA isn't multiplayer

well if both eras alreadxy have the ships and they wont be removed its onl y fair that the last era also get the ships!

interesting. wrong.

Removing the thing that stops a mode being what people wanted would make it better.
    hojevrxvarht.png

IA isn't multiplayer

That said I assume you actually meant was me asking them to delete them from the other eras, no I did not request that, I suggested they would be better without them.

Suggesting? As Misterknister quoted above, that doesn’t look like a suggestion to me. Even if it is one, you’ve made it clear that you want them gone, so why are you trying to say that you didn’t request for them to be deleted?

IA isn't multiplayer

That said I assume you actually meant was me asking them to delete them from the other eras, no I did not request that, I suggested they would be better without them.

Suggesting? As Misterknister quoted above, that doesn’t look like a suggestion to me. Even if it is one, you’ve made it clear that you want them gone, so why are you trying to say that you didn’t request for them to be deleted?

I said they could take them away, which objectively would make them better especially the PT ones considering all the issues with them and of course making the mode what it was advertised to be. I do want them to not be added to the OT maps.
    hojevrxvarht.png

IA isn't multiplayer

interesting. wrong.

Removing the thing that stops a mode being what people wanted would make it better.

You’re wasting your time. Some just don’t have the gaming background to understand. Conquest is the single greatest and most successful mode of the genre. It’s been announced, therefore most of the work is already done. It’s locked in. I’m just hoping that the efforts and resources that would have spent on the ship phases will be used to create true and proper conquest maps. The ground phase we have don’t really cut it, as you well know. Alternative and variant modes are nice, but they should never be the main mode. GA is a prime example. CS too for that matter. The new ships are pretty darn good it seems, but we need real conquest. I truly hope this Swedish team delivers that in classic DICE fashion.

IA isn't multiplayer

interesting. wrong.

You’re wasting your time. Some just don’t have the gaming background to understand. Conquest is the single greatest and most successful mode of the genre. It’s been announced, therefore most of the work is already done. It’s locked in. I’m just hoping that the efforts and resources that would have spent on the ship phases will be used to create true and proper conquest maps. The ground phase we have don’t really cut it, as you well know. Alternative and variant modes are nice, but they should never be the main mode. GA is a prime example. CS too for that matter. The new ships are pretty darn good it seems, but we need real conquest. I truly hope this Swedish team delivers that in classic DICE fashion.

Yeah just hope they don't change their minds about the no ship phase, it seems their decision on it is final which is good. Considering that OT has some of the better GA maps I think they will be better, especially Mos Eisley. I've also really liked playing Dawnbreaker, Metro, and flood zone from BF3 and BF4 so I can tolerate the hints of linearity from the side effect of them being made for GA.
    hojevrxvarht.png

IA isn't multiplayer

interesting. wrong.

I guess. In a perfect world, we’d have both, but that would split the playerbase up too much. I’ll take your guy’s word for it and see how it goes, but it won’t change the fact that I still like the capital ship maps.

IA isn't multiplayer

interesting. wrong.

I guess. In a perfect world, we’d have both, but that would split the playerbase up too much. I’ll take your guy’s word for it and see how it goes, but it won’t change the fact that I still like the capital ship maps.

Well there have been many very successful Battlefield games, made by DICE, the feature Conquest as the main mode, with other large mode variants. Those player bases weren’t spit. This game now has two large modes and the player base is very strong. This game would have been miles better has they stayed with the successful formula of a Conquest game with side variants, like GA, more commonly known as Rush. But they wanted to make it their own, something different. They succeeded, and the game is lesser for it. If it weren’t for the Star Wars theme, the lobbies would be barren. It’s only one era of three, between two large modes. It’s long overdue. They finally realized this error and this one thing is what they can do about it.
  • Ideally, GA would have had an OT map that was played on Super Star Destroyer entirely.

IA isn't multiplayer

interesting. wrong.

Yeah just hope they don't change their minds about the no ship phase, it seems their decision on it is final which is good. Considering that OT has some of the better GA maps I think they will be better, especially Mos Eisley. I've also really liked playing Dawnbreaker, Metro, and flood zone from BF3 and BF4 so I can tolerate the hints of linearity from the side effect of them being made for GA.

It’s more than just the maps we have though. They must adjust the scale properly. Distance and position of control points that allow for both trooper and vehicle lines of fire and approach with quality cover and elevations.

And the Rebels need an armor unit. If they just go with stolen AT-ST’s... That a big fat BOOOOOO.....

IA isn't multiplayer

interesting. wrong.

It’s more than just the maps we have though. They must adjust the scale properly. Distance and position of control points that allow for both trooper and vehicle lines of fire and approach with quality cover and elevations.

And the Rebels need an armor unit. If they just go with stolen AT-ST’s... That a big fat BOOOOOO.....

Things would be more or less fine if they actually made the at rt something to counter the atst but they gave it a minuscule buff or 2 then just made it's BP cost dirt cheap. I'm a bit weary of a new vehicle because the TX130 created more balance problems then solved.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Why don't they just not do the Death Star 2 map?!? They didn't add Starkiller base to the ST Supremacy.... so why not do the same with the OT Supremacy?! They literally made three ST maps within a month, so it's can't be the timing or anything like that... since now they have plenty of time to devote to the OT capital ship maps. The whole sham about the Death Star 2 map being a problem is just lame, just don't do it! Scarif would be a perfect map for the now Supremacy mode..... here's how i see the story...........

Rebel soldiers fight on the plains of Scarif to cease the Death Star plans, then when they get to 100 points, then they storm into the Scarif citadel to cease the plans..... then the Rebels make for their Mon-calamari cruiser to escape..... and the Imperials have to fly up and storm into the Mon-calamari cruiser to deactivate the reactors so that way the cruiser doesn't escape with the plans.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.

IA isn't multiplayer

interesting. wrong.

Things would be more or less fine if they actually made the at rt something to counter the atst but they gave it a minuscule buff or 2 then just made it's BP cost dirt cheap. I'm a bit weary of a new vehicle because the TX130 created more balance problems then solved.

I like the Clone tank. I think it matches well against the AAT. The ATRT is indeed a pitiful unit. I can do very well with it but mostly in the open fields of the CS ground phases. All it really needs is a good increase to its zoom distance. But that’s just against infantry. You’re right that it poses no real threat to the AAT. It’s should.

Conquest is at its finest when it has multiple vehicle types where each faction has an analogue unit of equal power. I think they did that well with the tanks. There is of course no analogue unit for the RT.

We’re going to get something more resembling true conquest, but this game was designed, from the base units weapons, to the infinite ammo and grenades, on up to the armor units, to revolve around the hallway choke point carnage that you mention above. A terrible design concept, as I’ve said repeatedly. At least with the upcoming OT Supremacy we won’t be forced into that low tier gameplay as a phase.
  • Only I like the thrill of entering a Capital Ship, seeing the interiors of the most iconic star wars ships, and making it explode?
  • At least for some maps it could be cool. I was hoping to see the Tantive IV as Capital ship for the Rebellion

IA isn't multiplayer

interesting. wrong.

You are very hypocritical. When we had Boots on the Ground, you said that removing Heroes is bad because it is removing content, but now you are saying that removing content is good?

IA isn't multiplayer

interesting. wrong.

You are very hypocritical. When we had Boots on the Ground, you said that removing Heroes is bad because it is removing content, but now you are saying that removing content is good?

Removing a problematic aspect of a mode would improve it, the ship phases have added balance and technical issues. The ship phase also stops the mode from being what it was advertised, without the ship phase the mode would be non linear and open which is what people originally wanted. Objectively speaking the mode would improve if the ship phase was taken out.
    hojevrxvarht.png

IA isn't multiplayer

interesting. wrong.

Removing a problematic aspect of a mode would improve it, the ship phases have added balance and technical issues. The ship phase also stops the mode from being what it was advertised, without the ship phase the mode would be non linear and open which is what people originally wanted. Objectively speaking the mode would improve if the ship phase was taken out.
    The ship phase was NOT advertised to be ground only.

Also, objectively? You liking no capital ships is a SUBJECTIVE preference. If it was objective, we wouldn’t be having this argument and this thread wouldn’t exist.
  • bfloo
    17053 posts Member
    They should take the ships out of cs and make them GA maps.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    17053 posts Member

IA isn't multiplayer

interesting. wrong.

The ship phase was NOT advertised to be ground only.

Also, objectively? You liking no capital ships is a SUBJECTIVE preference. If it was objective, we wouldn’t be having this argument and this thread wouldn’t exist.

I'm not talking about the ship phase I'm talking about the mode as a whole, the roadmaps and Developers said the new mode would be big and nonlinear. The cutscene alone renders the mode linear, the mode having phases wasn't something that was known until they CT detailing the mode, from EA play 2018 through February 2019 we were advertised to get a big nonlinear mode, not a mode that has cutscenes where the game abruptly ends and you are whisked away (with the option to go back being unavailable thus making the nonlinear part untrue) to almost a completely different game mode.

The ship phase added balance issues (destroyer droids racing to objectives) and technical issues (stability and crashing issues) the mode would objectively be better without the ship phase because these 2 issues would be removed. The ship phase being removed would also stop the mode from being subject to going on for literal hours. The pros outweigh the cons.

The cutscenes back and forth do kill this mode for me, especially if it drags back and forth. I can't remember the last time I finished a round, 3rd or 4th time back to the same planet I just walk away.

h846398gb27k.png

IA isn't multiplayer

I said they could take them away, which objectively would make them better especially the PT ones considering all the issues with them and of course making the mode what it was advertised to be. I do want them to not be added to the OT maps.

"objectivly make them better" lmao. you cant portray your own little opinion as an objective fact.
    ship mode will stay stop your whining but it actually makes more sense for the OT to also get ships.

That would be OBJECTIVLY better because all ERAS would be EVEN

IA isn't multiplayer

"objectivly make them better" lmao. you cant portray your own little opinion as an objective fact.
    ship mode will stay stop your whining but it actually makes more sense for the OT to also get ships.

And yet, just another opinion.

IA isn't multiplayer

And yet, just another opinion.

Exactly. Opinions are, by definition, subjective.
  • polarition wrote: »
    People have been saying the whole time they didn't want capital ships in CS anymore for whatever reason, and now there's calls to have them for Age of Rebellion???

There’s a lot of people on either side, but like in almost every debate, the ones who want change are the loudest. You didn’t hear much from the people who liked ship phases before until it was announced that OT Supremacy was going to lose its ship phase.
  • The would need time to design, this way they can put maps in the game within reasonable time. Also they got a point about Death star II

TRUE, but........

they could go back to two different hangers where large battles will take place and you can see the capital ships at least! I mean how are you going to make DeathStar II supremacy feel different than GA DeathStar II if you don't cut to a brand new area of the deathstar to fight in when one side wins the "ground" phase?

Other wise it's just going to feel like GA!

I mean on other OT maps they could still do capital ships. Like Mos Eisley, Tattoonie, and Yavin 4.
  • WarfareKiller41
    7289 posts Member
    edited February 6
    I agree. They got a little lazy with OT Supremacy.
    "Normal" Conquest is straight up boring and would get old after a few matches.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Aside from adding capital ships taking more time to do, I really don't get their reason for leaving them out of the Rebellion Supremacy maps.

Scarif, okay, fine, the shield would block it.

But Death Star? Is it really hard to imagine how soldiers would take a shuttle to or from a space station to a capital ship? I mean, that's the entire setup of every big mode match on the Death Star map: crash a shuttle in a bay, assault key points in the station, steal an Imp shuttle and leave. It's just inverted.

And whatever other map they pick for the third one -- Hoth, Yavin, Tatooine, whatever -- would obviously be just as well suited to having capital ships as any of the current Supremacy maps.

I think they should just remove them from Scarif, leave them in the others. Heck, they can really just reuse the Resistance ship, maybe recolor it slightly, make it look newer.

IA isn't multiplayer

I've stated why the mode would improve, just because you ignore them doesn't make them wrong. It's fine, OT won't be getting ship phases and I'll just play that era.

Them being "EVEN" isn't a reason it would be better, again adding something just for the sake of adding something isn't a legitimate reason to add something.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • bfloo
    17053 posts Member
    I agree. They got a little lazy with OT Supremacy.
    "Normal" Conquest is straight up boring and would get old after a few matches.

It reminds me of how they got lazy with the RO dlc and walked away.

h846398gb27k.png

IA isn't multiplayer

I've stated why the mode would improve, just because you ignore them doesn't make them wrong. It's fine, OT won't be getting ship phases and I'll just play that era.

Them being "EVEN" isn't a reason it would be better, again adding something just for the sake of adding something isn't a legitimate reason to add something.

nah you wrong. you basically want restricted content. go play your little instant action and stop bothering us.
    The ship phase will come sooner rather than later because it just doesnt add up that prequels and sequels get ships but ot not.

IA isn't multiplayer

nah you wrong. you basically want restricted content. go play your little instant action and stop bothering us.
    The ship phase will come sooner rather than later because it just doesnt add up that prequels and sequels get ships but ot not.

Go back and read what I've been saying instead of this petty "you wrong me right", you are just being irrational.

hojevrxvarht.png
  • So we all agree the answer is to remove supremacy from the game and shift all resources to galactic assault right..?
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    No ships= no cutscenes or phased combat. This is a good thing.

Leave ships and bots out of OT maps.

👌🏻

if you dont like it play instant action

Why would I do that? There’s no ships coming to OT maps
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

IA isn't multiplayer

There will be no ships for the Oat era. They have changed the name of the mode from Capital Supremacy to just Supremacy to reflect this. This will finally be a nonlinear experience, and is long overdue. The new OT maps will exceed all the other ground phases. The CS ship phases should have all been GA maps to begin with. That’s what they really are anyway.

IA isn't multiplayer

There will be no ships for the Oat era. They have changed the name of the mode from Capital Supremacy to just Supremacy to reflect this. This will finally be a nonlinear experience, and is long overdue. The new OT maps will exceed all the other ground phases. The CS ship phases should have all been GA maps to begin with. That’s what they really are anyway.

Then they should do it for ALL eras, make them even

IA isn't multiplayer

Well I don’t know why they have to be exactly “even”. I mean, we don’t have the same number of maps per era in either large mode already, nor the same reinforcements. That’s not even. But yes, I agree that putting the ships in the GA rotation and having Supremacy become an all ground nonlinear experience would be a great move.
  • I have to say I havent had a single CS match on the ST with the back and forth. The ship phase is probably harder to defend for the ST maps...
  • Lol what a joke. OT gets a halfbaked supremacy while ST and PT got the full experience with unique ships. and people are happy. cant make this stuff up lol

the ships made the mode unique and versatile but you guys rather want instant action. play instant action ,in Cs there bots too

the ship phase is way better and makes the game intense and fun. The OT needs the same love the ST received with the arrival of the resurgent star destroyer. give us the imperial star destroyer. the ground phase always was very boring without a 2 phase.
  • Lol what a joke. OT gets a halfbaked supremacy while ST and PT got the full experience with unique ships. and people are happy. cant make this stuff up lol

the ships made the mode unique and versatile but you guys rather want instant action. play instant action ,in Cs there bots too

the ship phase is way better and makes the game intense and fun. The OT needs the same love the ST received with the arrival of the resurgent star destroyer. give us the imperial star destroyer. the ground phase always was very boring without a 2 phase.

More generalizing, "me right you wrong", and opinions while stating your opinions as fact. You are just proving how irrational you are.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • I can understand how the developers might not feel that the battles we see in the original trilogy lend themselves to the current format of Capital Supremacy to some extent. Hoth for example would be similar in that it has a two stage battle, the Walkers and Snowspeeders on the ice plains and then the more CQB battle within the base itself, and a similar affair with Endor, with the forest battle being followed by a scrap in the bunker. If they use the mode of Supremacy to revisit these locales and give us more authentic to the movie style battle maps? I'm all for that, if that is their intention, but I feel there is still very much the need for Original Trilogy Supremacy maps that do feature the capital ships of the time too, just because they don't fit with the narrative of the battles seen in the movies, doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. After all the Capital Supremacy map scenarios featured in both the Prequel and Sequel eras currently in the game are all fictional and inspired by the locations rather than being based accurately on actual battle sequences that we saw in those movies, so a similar approach could be adopted for the Original Trilogy together with more authentic map battle scenarios.

So for example we could have fleet battles in space with starfighter combat which then leads to boarding action on either an Alliance Mon Cal Cruiser or Imperial Star Destroyer, so a fictional scenario based totally around fun gameplay which is an offshoot of the Capital Supremacy gameplay model. They could also do ground battle versions based on Expanded Universe scenarios, or just battle in a location which is appropriate. Jakku for example would make for a lore appropriate battlefield for the classic version of Capital Supremacy in the Original Trilogy era as we have no real knowledge of the battle to go off you could have a pretty blank slate to do what you want. Other worlds like Tatooine and Ryloth, Bespin Cloud City and perhaps Dantooine could make for locales for great scraps too. Inspired by Star Wars rather than specifically recreating a specific battle seen in the movies. I think not featuring the most iconic of Star Wars capital ships, the Imperial Star Destroyer (as has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread) in this mode would be criminal. I don't mind you guys mixing it up a bit to create authentic Original Trilogy battles within the Supremacy format, but you need to provide us with some classic Capital Supremacy style action for the OT too. It has to be done.

IA isn't multiplayer

Well I don’t know why they have to be exactly “even”. I mean, we don’t have the same number of maps per era in either large mode already, nor the same reinforcements. That’s not even. But yes, I agree that putting the ships in the GA rotation and having Supremacy become an all ground nonlinear experience would be a great move.

I have said this already, but I’ll reiterate. As an example:
    Favourite Era - PT
    Least Favourite Era - OT
    Favourite CS Variant - Ground Only
    Least Favourite CS Variant - Ship Included
    I am now in a dilemma, do I play my favourite era but least favourite CS variant, or, do I play my least favourite era but my favourite CS variant?
    If the era’s were equal, I would simply decide whether to play the mode at all, or not. But if they aren’t equal, I can never have the full experience that I’d like. It is a problem and that is what I mean by equal
  • Lol what a win. OT doesn’t get halfbaked phases while ST and PT got the bad experience with redundant ships. and people are happy. cant make this stuff up lol

the ships made the mode repetitive and boring but you guys want mini dom and Strike . Who play instant action ,in Supremacy remove bots too

the ship phase is way worse and makes the game drab and lame. The OT doesn’t need the same dress up the ST received with the arrival of the resurgent star destroyer. give us the imperial star destroyer for blast. the ground phase always was fun without a 2 phase.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • To be honest, CS isn't what I was hoping for in a non-linear mode when I first heard they were making one. I was hoping for something similar to the traditional capture the command posts Conquest mode in the old Battlefront and Battlefront II.

One of the main reasons I dislike it (accompanying the AI and the too many heroes/reinforcements) is the Capital Ship phases. In theory, I think they could work - fighting in a capital ship would be fun. But I don't enjoy it in reality. For me, things are way too unbalanced in the ship phases, it's too easy for one team (and which team that is can change as you advance). Especially in the first phases, it can feel like the attacking team is running at an enemy without cover while the defending team has all the cover and advantage. I enjoy the change of environment and the idea of different phases existing, but I dislike the layout and objectives in the ship phases.

Because of the unbalanced phases, it always leads to the mode being too repetitive for my taste. It can turn into an (almost) endless loop far too easily and it can make things feel boring and pointless.

I'm definitely more excited about the idea of a Supremacy mode without the Capital Ship phases. It might be a mode I actually play for fun.

TALON1138 wrote: »
    I can understand how the developers might not feel that the battles we see in the original trilogy lend themselves to the current format of Capital Supremacy to some extent. Hoth for example would be similar in that it has a two stage battle, the Walkers and Snowspeeders on the ice plains and then the more CQB battle within the base itself, and a similar affair with Endor, with the forest battle being followed by a scrap in the bunker. If they use the mode of Supremacy to revisit these locales and give us more authentic to the movie style battle maps? I'm all for that, if that is their intention, but I feel there is still very much the need for Original Trilogy Supremacy maps that do feature the capital ships of the time too, just because they don't fit with the narrative of the battles seen in the movies, doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. After all the Capital Supremacy map scenarios featured in both the Prequel and Sequel eras currently in the game are all fictional and inspired by the locations rather than being based accurately on actual battle sequences that we saw in those movies, so a similar approach could be adopted for the Original Trilogy together with more authentic map battle scenarios.

So for example we could have fleet battles in space with starfighter combat which then leads to boarding action on either an Alliance Mon Cal Cruiser or Imperial Star Destroyer, so a fictional scenario based totally around fun gameplay which is an offshoot of the Capital Supremacy gameplay model. They could also do ground battle versions based on Expanded Universe scenarios, or just battle in a location which is appropriate. Jakku for example would make for a lore appropriate battlefield for the classic version of Capital Supremacy in the Original Trilogy era as we have no real knowledge of the battle to go off you could have a pretty blank slate to do what you want. Other worlds like Tatooine and Ryloth, Bespin Cloud City and perhaps Dantooine could make for locales for great scraps too. Inspired by Star Wars rather than specifically recreating a specific battle seen in the movies. I think not featuring the most iconic of Star Wars capital ships, the Imperial Star Destroyer (as has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread) in this mode would be criminal. I don't mind you guys mixing it up a bit to create authentic Original Trilogy battles within the Supremacy format, but you need to provide us with some classic Capital Supremacy style action for the OT too. It has to be done.

I was actually thinking about something similar to the Starfighter Supremacy idea you had when I first read the title of the thread :)

What I thought was a mode set in a battle between a Mon Calamari Star Cruiser and a Star Destroyer. In a cutscene before the game begins, the Star Destroyer could be disabled and order fighters to keep the rebels busy while repairs are made, while the rebels send ships to try and destroy it.

The first "phase" would just kinda be a large fighter vs fighter dogfight between the ships. Players could use battle points to spawn as a turret on the surface of their capital ship, and there would be landing craft for both teams that they would have to defend/destroy to take away more reinforcements from the enemy than destroying ships alone.

When one team has no reinforcements left, a cutscene could play showing one team landing in the opposing team's hanger, and maybe a fighter could be shown exploding part of the hanger away to create a breach for troopers to gain access to the rest of the ship.

As the "defending" team would have suffered casualties close to the hanger, the second "ground" phase inside the Capital Ship would be like a conquest mode. Both teams would start on equal ground, and holding the majority of the command posts would cause the enemy team to bleed reinforcements. Whoever wins that phase would... well, win really, and if they lost they would be defeated.

To me, it would keep the variety but lessen the repetitive nature and imbalances the phases in CS can cause.
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.