criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

BB9 and BB9 broken mess

This 2 heroes are broken like hell in CS mode they super op only good hero can kill them others just die like rats vs them.Every update this game becomes unplayable unbalanced mess with a lot of content but if the game is broken a lot of content not going to help because there is no fun playing in it.

Replies

• That's funny cause I feel like BB9E is underpowered, not overpowered. I hardly played with BB8 so I can't say, but I had no problem taking him out in Instant Action, when I encountered him.
  • I would say BB-8 is more op than BB-9E but neither of them is an epic character, i.e. hero or villain.
    They are are done to stand a chance in HvV and again neither of them should be in HvV.
    It was fun to play BB-8 and kill Vader or Sidious, just by knocking them down and roast them with his shock, rolling around them and jumping around.
    Just take them out of HvV, give them less offenisive power and more defensive or supporting power for GA or CS and its fine for me. Maybe they are introduced to change Ewok-Hunt to Droid-Hunt featuring BB-8 and BB-9E as the star to be hunted down to. XD
    Greetings.
  • “others just die like rats vs them”

I laughed so hard reading this line in bed I had to explain myself to the bf (laying next to me) 🤣😂🤣.
  • BB9E is overall better than BB8. Against troopers, BB8 isn't bad. In HvV BB9E is hands-down better due to his stun, knockback, and blaster disable alone. BB8 really brings nothing that Yoda/Finn/Han/Chewy do way better.
  • BB8 is a god unit . In CS mode this hero cant die u just spin to win roll and kill and no one can do to u damage at all.Today i killed with him 150 solo kills in cs mode and only 21 of them its assist even heroes cant kill me with this because u can dodge and roll faster then any unit.
  • Is BB8 really that OP in HvV? My experience is that they die almost instantly to Palp and Kylo. Maybe Vader has a problem, but he can always use choke and saber throw.

• For what supposed to be support hero's. In HvV they can completely control the battlefield.
  • I am not taking about HvV .The main problem with this units its in CS mode on big maps they are gods because they are small hard to hit but with a lot of hp and can 1 shot regular units even human heroes not so hard to kill.
  • If you can't handle them as a hero 1v1 then you need to get better.
  • This LordMuro guy says that literally every single unit or hero that has ever killed him is OP... Even the ones that are statistically underpowered. He probably thinks the speeder is OP.
  • This LordMuro guy says that literally every single unit or hero that has ever killed him is OP... Even the ones that are statistically underpowered. He probably thinks the speeder is OP.

yep, he created few posts about nerfing that and this :D
  • BB8 is a goddamn unstoppable murder machine... Which is funny, since it's design was supposed to appeal to a younger audience. So you're basically playing as this small, cute, funny, family-friendly ball that roams around making "beeps", but the second it reaches a tight space it turns into a blender that paints the walls with the blood of it's enemies. It makes me chuckle every time (and after each carnage, I make sure to use the "thumbs up" emote... just because).

Don't get me wrong, I'm having tons of fun playing as BB8... but it's broken as hell as it is. That cable spin ability is a nightmare to any trooper (much like Anakin's HM) in closed spaces, with the added bonus that it's really hard to dodge (since it's a series of strikes and not just one push) and almost impossible to shoot the little one while trying not to be horribly murdered. I guess that going to nerf this ability in the next update.
  • First_Order_of_Pizza
    204 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Xeones42 wrote: »
    BB8 is a goddamn unstoppable murder machine... Which is funny, since it's design was supposed to appeal to a younger audience. So you're basically playing as this small, cute, funny, family-friendly ball that roams around making "beeps", but the second it reaches a tight space it turns into a blender that paints the walls with the blood of it's enemies. It makes me chuckle every time (and after each carnage, I make sure to use the "thumbs up" emote... just because).

Don't get me wrong, I'm having tons of fun playing as BB8... but it's broken as hell as it is. That cable spin ability is a nightmare to any trooper (much like Anakin's HM) in closed spaces, with the added bonus that it's really hard to dodge (since it's a series of strikes and not just one push) and almost impossible to shoot the little one while trying not to be horribly murdered. I guess that going to nerf this ability in the next update.

If you nerf the cable spin, he will be weak AF and no one will have any reason to use him. The idea is you play strategically (not like a dumb @$$) and don't get within that close of range of BB8. If he's rolling towards you, run, roll and get out of the way.

And while he's distracted fighting your team mates, it's easy as heck to aim at him... Unless you are mentally handicapped.
  • If you nerf the cable spin, he will be weak AF and no one will have any reason to use him. The idea is you play strategically (not like a dumb @$$) and don't get within that close of range of BB8. If he's rolling towards you, run, roll and get out of the way.

And while he's distracted fighting your team mates, it's easy as heck to aim at him... Unless you are mentally handicapped.

I'm not saying that they should nerf it, I just said that they'll probably will... because that's what EA/DICE usually does (release a hero/ability, then nerf it into oblivion, then buff it again... rinse and repeat). Also, being a one-trick pony is not a good way to maintain a hero in the long run... I know that he's supposed to be an offensive hero, but if the only reason for use BB8 is the cable spin (which, again, it's not my personal opinion), then after a while it's going to get boring/repetitive... I don't have a problem with nerfing/buffing ability X or Y, as long the devs maintain the overall balance of the character.

Also, you're assuming that most players think/play strategically... which is not the case. Remember that this is a game and it's supposed to be attractive for the majority of the playerbase (not just the "gamers", but also the casuals)... after all, if the game is not appealing to a large audience, then a companies like EA/DICE won't see it as "profitable" anymore and will stop supporting it. If a feature is getting in way of the "average joe" enjoying the game and is causing the profits to drop, then it's the dev team job to adjust it, even if said feature can be countered by simple quick-thinking or careful planning.

• Just get rid of them both!!, just a waste of time
  • LordMuro wrote: »
    I am not taking about HvV .The main problem with this units its in CS mode on big maps they are gods because they are small hard to hit but with a lot of hp and can 1 shot regular units even human heroes not so hard to kill.

Just take the Gunner or the FO jetpack trooper with splash damage.... the FO jetpack trooper with splash damage is BB-8's downfall.... or Kylo using Frenzy on him. I killed BB-9E a couple of times with the Resistance gunner.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • The problem is that they had to give them much more power than they should have otherwise they'd be useless/easy target for points... The real problem is that they shouldn't have been added as heroes in the first place.
  • These guys are hardly the problem. Palpatine, Vader and Anakin tho...