criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

New animations are a bit ridiculous lol

Seriously, I'm alone to find that the new animations are made in a way to seduce children public ? :D
In particulary, Obi Wan, Vador and Rey previous animations were really beautiful and fair to the movies and now :
- Obi Wan makes a little movement like karate kid (so stupid...),
- Vador overplaying so much the evil badass that he looks like Conan the barbarian,
- Rey seems dumb with her lightsaber catching,
Maybe it is done to catch 8-10 years old public from Apex Legends ? lol

Replies

• Everybody like it really ? :open_mouth:
  • ....and i forgot to say...Vador looks like really dumb right now lol
    Just look his eyes in old / new comparaison

bg9cqbk1srnp.jpg
  • This is really 'much ado about nothing' in my opinion. I prefer the new animations across the board. They're more dynamic and a little less stale than they used to be. There's nothing 'stupid' about Rey catching her saber, it's more active and visually appealing really. I think the old animation was her just igniting it.

Regarding Obi-Wan, it's really not so bad at all and it sounds like you're exaggerating. Also, did you totally forget Obi-Wan's characteristic little pose that he literally did in the film, and was re-created in Clone Wars? Because that's what it looks like. In fact, the official one looked even more odd with his two little fingers pointing out. Look. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/40/Obiwan-Soresu.png/revision/latest?cb=20130212055217 , https://external-preview.redd.it/SGSR199fUCVYvEZmZsIPa-7QzvCaitaylUN0y2uukk4.png?auto=webp&s=759b15e688eee2bfbe24fd9137df20b86d3e0ecb

So not a big deal at all. Nothing looks 'dumb' about Vader either, it's literally just a slight downward angle of his head. He looks more engaged.
  • I dunno man, I think there's bigger issues that need focusing on at the moment.
    I don't mind most of them. I like the new Rey animation. Obi-Wan's "karate kid" movement is what he likes to do in the Clone Wars series and in Ep. 3.
    I'm with you on the Vader animation, not a huge fan of it. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, is that the power stance, the way he holds his saber?
    Also, I still don't like the way Luke looks so lost. I mean, he always had that animation, at least his eyes move now, but he's still looking up and side to side, like he's lost and/or confused.
  • There's bigger issues to fry to care about is Graphics a marketing ploy to get Apex players or Fortnite kids on this.
    But keep it in mind and active
  • I like the new animations.
  • Rey catching her light saber is, I believe, a reference to the end of the force awakens.
  • I like the Vader animation, it is essentially the stance he takes when he is dodging. And it suits him imo. Rey's is silly though. Amd Obi-Wan's is the same but shorter, same as Luke's that doesn't look as good.
  • Seriously, I'm alone to find that the new animations are made in a way to seduce children public ? :D
    In particulary, Obi Wan, Vador and Rey previous animations were really beautiful and fair to the movies and now :
    - Obi Wan makes a little movement like karate kid (so stupid...),
    - Vador overplaying so much the evil badass that he looks like Conan the barbarian,
    - Rey seems dumb with her lightsaber catching,
    Maybe it is done to catch 8-10 years old public from Apex Legends ? lol

I really like the saber catch tbh you're hating for no reason