criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Age of Rebellion Infiltrators

Mega
77 posts Member
edited February 5
As we are approaching the Age of Rebellion, it's time for the Empire and the Rebellion to reveal their ace(s) in the hole... and i have a few ideas on what they will be:

Imperial Infiltrators:

What could be more dangerous than a Purge Trooper? How about an Mandalorian equipped with a Jetpack and loyal to the Empire? That's right: The Imperial Super Commandos! Now i know that we already the Jump Troopers, but these Mandalorians are better equipped, tougher to kill (obviously), and can handle more than an entire squad of Death Troopers can.

But if that isn't to your liking, then how about a little more familiar? The Shadow Troopers are the next best Infiltrators. Equipped with cloaking devices, these Shadow Troopers are more than capable of getting behind enemy lines, ambushing, and engaging in Guerrilla Tactics than any other Infiltrator.

However, if you like to dabble a bit in the Legends like the Clone Commandos, then allow my tell you of the most elite Stormtroopers ever: The Storm Commandos. The troopers one were one of the best in the Empire before the Death and Purge Troopers. Operating with small numbers, these Commandos preformed a wide range of covert operations, precision strikes, and even sabotage. Equipped with specialized armor, numerous weapons, explosives, and special equipment (that is too much to cover), they were a dangerous part of the Death Squadron.

Rebel Infiltrators:

As we all know, the Rebellion had the first Infiltrator in Battlefront: The Bothan Spy. The spy's equipment consisted of a "CR-4I Incinerator", a cloaking device, and Time Bombs. 'Nough said

But it you want something else, then i have something more familiar: The Rebel Pathfinder. You've seen then in action on Endor (Return of the Jedi) and Scarif. While these Pathfinders are equipped with basic equipment, they are trained in stealth, unarmed combat, and most of all, survival. In the Legends universe, these Pathfinders were capable of insertion operations by parachuting and operating without communicators (only using them when absolutely necessary).

However, you like to dabble into Legends more, than allow me to tell you of the Rebel Infiltrator (yes, that's the official title).
These Infiltrators were the most feared soldiers of the Rebel Alliance. Formed from those with pure dark side hatred for the Empire, these soliders would carry out dangerous infiltration mission into Imperial Territory...and they wouldn't be detected till hours after ex-filtration. Trained in hand-to-hand and melee combat (as well as demolitions), equipped with a wide variety of weapons (from silent weapons to garrotes), Imperials always had a reason to fear them. Even Saw Gerrrera would let them know how death comes.

Replies

• I agree with you but Saw is more of an Terrorist then a Rebel.

After what he suffered during the clone wars during the imperial siege on his homeworld who wouldn't ve drawn too deep into the darkside to fall into that pool?

At least those rebel infiltrators are still on the right path

I agree with this

We do need new playable characters because playing the same old same old is starting to bore me of playing battlefront 2
  • Technically the clone commandos are canon as they two appearances in The Clone Wars series.
  • Mega
    77 posts Member
    EpicTrev wrote: »
    Technically the clone commandos are canon as they two appearances in The Clone Wars series.

Yeah, but there first physical Appearance was in the 2005 Legends video game, "Star Wars: Republic Commando". Not only that, but they're background (like almost all Star Wars Characters) is covered only in Legends.
  • Mega wrote: »
    Technically the clone commandos are canon as they two appearances in The Clone Wars series.

Yeah, but there first physical Appearance was in the 2005 Legends video game, "Star Wars: Republic Commando". Not only that, but they're background (like almost all Star Wars Characters) is covered only in Legends.

There's also the Rebel Marines which could be the second Rebel Enforcer.... and the Imperial Sentry Droid which could be the second Imperial Enforcer.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Mega
    77 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Mega wrote: »

There's also the Rebel Marines which could be the second Rebel Enforcer.... and the Imperial Sentry Droid which could be the second Imperial Enforcer.

Do Not Change The Subject!!! If you want to talk about Enforcers, make your own Post. This one is about strictly Infiltrators. Nothing more, nothing less.

Do Not Change The Subject!!! If you want to talk about Enforcers, make your own Post. This one is about strictly Infiltrators. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's not changing the subject..... just completing the entire OT era reinforcements with your suggestions and these as the last to Enforcers....... posts get derailed on here all the time, and this isn't one of those times. Trust me, derailing/changing the subject is when people get into arguments over something totally unrelated, or just talk about things that don't even have to do with the game.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Mega
    77 posts Member
    edited February 9

It's not changing the subject..... just completing the entire OT era reinforcements with your suggestions and these as the last to Enforcers....... posts get derailed on here all the time, and this isn't one of those times. Trust me, derailing/changing the subject is when people get into arguments over something totally unrelated, or just talk about things that don't even have to do with the game.

Your derailing it right now!!! I titled this post "Age of Rebellion Infiltrators", not "Age of Rebellion Reinforcements"! I made this post about Infiltrators only, nothing more, nothing less! Just leave it there and I will too.
  • Undead_Corsair
    198 posts Member
    edited February 9
    Imperial Super Commandoes would be cool, but they're probably unlikely due to the Imps already having Rocket Troopers. Some form of Imperial Commando would be pretty cool, I'm a big fan of the old Force Unleashed design of the Imperial Naval Commando:

w6ovlr6ga0hj.png
    auo304go1jzh.png

However right now my money is on Infiltrator Death Troopers. There was a tease that the Death Troopers might be getting their E-11D blasters from Rogue One, I suspect this may be in the form of Death Trooper Infiltrators. After all the CIS has two variants of Super Battle Droid in the game and that works for me.

With the Rebels I'd be happy with them being just any sort of spy. It would be cool if they were based on Cassian, equipped with a pistol that could be converted into a sniper rifle.
  • Mega
    77 posts Member
    Imperial Super Commandoes would be cool, but they're probably unlikely due to the Imps already having Rocket Troopers. Some form of Imperial Commando would be pretty cool, I'm a big fan of the old Force Unleashed design of the Imperial Naval Commando:

w6ovlr6ga0hj.png
    auo304go1jzh.png

However right now my money is on Infiltrator Death Troopers. There was a tease that the Death Troopers might be getting their E-11D blasters from Rogue One, I suspect this may be in the form of Death Trooper Infiltrators. After all the CIS has two variants of Super Battle Droid in the game and that works for me.

With the Rebels I'd be happy with them being just any sort of spy. It would be cool if they were based on Cassian, equipped with a pistol that could be converted into a sniper rifle.

The Naval Commandos? Your kidding right? They don't have the training or the equipment to make them equals to other, more elite units. If you want to go Legends, then go with the Storm Commandos. Don't even get me started on your second suggestion. There is only one class of Death Troopers, period. They may use different Blasters and Explosives, but that's the only difference. I did the research, the three I suggested are the only three that aren't environment specific (such as the Shoretroopers and Magma Troopers) and the only ones that can be found in a variety of situations.

w6ovlr6ga0hj.png
    auo304go1jzh.png

The Naval Commandos? Your kidding right? They don't have the training or the equipment to make them equals to other, more elite units. If you want to go Legends, then go with the Storm Commandos. Don't even get me started on your second suggestion. There is only one class of Death Troopers, period. They may use different Blasters and Explosives, but that's the only difference. I did the research, the three I suggested are the only three that aren't environment specific (such as the Shoretroopers and Magma Troopers) and the only ones that can be found in a variety of situations.

Well i and others have suggested to move the Death Troopers to the Infiltrator class, since if you look up the Death Troopers it specifically says that they specialize in *hint hint 'Infiltrating' hint*. So they'd be better than really anything else. Purge Troopers definitely do not fit in the Infiltrator class.... they are scarcely used, they'd be more like Enforcers more than anything, since they only help the Inquisitors find surviving jedi, they don't infiltrate.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • Mega
    77 posts Member
    edited February 11

w6ovlr6ga0hj.png
    auo304go1jzh.png

Well i and others have suggested to move the Death Troopers to the Infiltrator class, since if you look up the Death Troopers it specifically says that they specialize in *hint hint 'Infiltrating' hint*. So they'd be better than really anything else. Purge Troopers definitely do not fit in the Infiltrator class.... they are scarcely used, they'd be more like Enforcers more than anything, since they only help the Inquisitors find surviving jedi, they don't infiltrate.

First off, Wrong Category (again)! I suggested the Purge Troopers for the "Bruiser Class Reinforcement". I only mentioned a Blaster wielding variant could be a Infiltrator, but that was before I researched the Imperial Super Commando, Shadow Troopers, and Storm Commandos.

Second, The Storm Commandos are better than Death Troopers! If you did the research, then you would know they're equipment, what they are trained for, what kind of missions they take, and how many are deployed for said missions (espcially Suicide missions). I mean, why else did Vader selected them to become part of his Death Squadron?!?

w6ovlr6ga0hj.png
    auo304go1jzh.png

First off, Wrong Category (again)! I suggested the Purge Troopers for the "Bruiser Class Reinforcement". I only mentioned a Blaster wielding variant could be a Infiltrator, but that was before I researched the Imperial Super Commando, Shadow Troopers, and Storm Commandos.

Second, The Storm Commandos are better than Death Troopers! If you did the research, then you would know they're equipment, what they are trained for, what kind of missions they take, and how many are deployed for said missions (espcially Suicide missions). I mean, why else did Vader selected them to become part of his Death Squadron?!?

Are they still canon? Yeah i don't believe we'll be getting any fourth reinforcement class what so ever. The Devs have already stated this.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • Grievous15 wrote: »

Even vaguely going off topic will throw off the devs that passively read these hot topic forums

I'd stay on the infiltrators subject.

On that note I'd like to see more infiltrators in the reinforcements for all sides Rebels Resistance Clones
    Droid First Order and Imperial Forces.
  • Claire
    77 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Deleted Post
    Post edited by Claire on
  • Claire wrote: »

w6ovlr6ga0hj.png
    auo304go1jzh.png

The Naval Commandos? Your kidding right? They don't have the training or the equipment to make them equals to other, more elite units. If you want to go Legends, then go with the Storm Commandos. Don't even get me started on your second suggestion. There is only one class of Death Troopers, period. They may use different Blasters and Explosives, but that's the Forces difference. I did the research, the three I suggested are the only three that aren't environment specific (such as the Shoretroopers and Magma Troopers) and the only ones that can be found in a variety of situations.

Are they still canon? Yeah i don't believe we'll be getting any fourth reinforcement class what so ever. The Devs have already stated this.

That's why PC has modders to give the community what the devs won't
    Even if it's in the Devs best interest to add something someone modded into the game.

Can't do anything to those type of modders infact they're keeping Battlefront 2 alive and triving with these good mods like Clone Captian Rex Or Clone Commander Cody
    Or Ahsoka Tano
    The Anakin Skywalker skin for Darth Vader

If I could mod I'd be the most liked modder

Because I'd actually do things that the devs arr afraid to do

I'd add a great deal of content with their own Star Cards

I'd make sure they have victory posistions and emotes before I worked on Voice Line's

I'd use special animation to bring Ahsoka Tano and Bo Katan into the game

Bo Katan is the Jet Pack Hero that will Counter Boba Fett

Ahsoka Tano will be vastly customized with a Star Card that requires certian outfits to be equipped because the Starter outfit will only hive her her 14 youngling look and the one lightsaber
    The other clone war one is from the seventh season
    Last one is from Rebels
    The ability for these outfits gives her and her allies near by a 250 Health Boost for 3 minutes or until depleted and a 10 percent Weapon Damage Bonus but requires 25 kills then 50 and increasing by 25 after each activation resetting on Death

With that said Ahsoka Like Yoda is a Support Jedi hero

Then I would do my best to bring Rebels Content for fans of the rebels series using the same High Tech Animation used for Imaging Yoda

There would be a new set of Heros and villains for the OT era since Rebels takes place during this time frame from season 3 to 4

Hypocrite, your derailing it the post! Keep it to the topic. I know you were replying, but you don't have to ramlbe on and on about something off-topic.
  • The shadow troopers and the bothan spy would be cool, but they could probably be a new class of cloaked soldiers. For empire they could have shadow troopers, rebellion and maybe resistance could be bothan spy, for clones there could be clone shadow troopers, for droids it could even be a commando droid in clone armor. And for first order it could also be the first order shadow troopers.
  • Mega
    77 posts Member
    edited February 18
    The shadow troopers and the bothan spy would be cool, but they could probably be a new class of cloaked soldiers. For empire they could have shadow troopers, rebellion and maybe resistance could be bothan spy, for clones there could be clone shadow troopers, for droids it could even be a commando droid in clone armor. And for first order it could also be the first order shadow troopers.

First off, What are you, blind? That counts as Infiltrators, nothing more, nothing less.

Second, stick to the canon (or at least legends). The Resistance already has a Spy. There already is a Clone Shadow Trooper (which you clearly know nothing about). The Commando Droids can only don Phase 1 Armor and can give themselves away with obvious signs (watch "Rookies" if you must). There is no such thing as "First Order Shadow Troopers" and there never will be.

Next time, DO THE RESEARCH!!!
    Post edited by Mega on
    The shadow troopers and the bothan spy would be cool, but they could probably be a new class of cloaked soldiers. For empire they could have shadow troopers, rebellion and maybe resistance could be bothan spy, for clones there could be clone shadow troopers, for droids it could even be a commando droid in clone armor. And for first order it could also be the first order shadow troopers.

First off, What are you, blind? That counts as Infiltrators, nothing more, nothing less.

Second, stick to the canon (or at least legends). The Resistance already has a Spy. There already is a Clone Shadow Trooper (which you clearly know nothing about). The Commando Droids can only don Phase 1 Armor and can give themselves away with obvious signs (watch "Rookies" if you must). There is no such thing as "First Order Shadow Troopers" and there never will be.

First off, what are you, blind? The thread title cleary states Age of Rebellion Infiltrators. Do not derail the topic. Hypocrite.

Second off, you yourself just reccomended a legends rebel infilitrator, the rebel infilitrator.

Next time, read your own posts. And treat people with a bit more respect, or nobody is ever going to care for your ideas or you.
  • SkyJackal wrote: »

First off, what are you, blind? The thread title cleary states Age of Rebellion Infiltrators. Do not derail the topic. Hypocrite.

Second off, you yourself just reccomended a legends rebel infilitrator, the rebel infilitrator.

Next time, read your own posts. And treat people with a bit more respect, or nobody is ever going to care for your ideas or you.

Your argument makes no sense.

First off, How am I derailing the topic if I'm replying to your comment while discussing said Infiltrators (such as the BX Droid Commando and the Caphex Spy)?

Second, your just making up things as you go without consulting Canon or Legends. I mean, you clearly knew nothing about the the actual Clone Shadow Troopers or how the BX Droid Commandos acted in the Phase 1 Clone Trooper armor.

Thirdly, check it again. I said "stick to the Canon (or at least legends)".
    Also, count next time. I recommended TWO Rebel Infiltrators from Legends: The original Bothan Spy and the Rebel Infiltrator (three if you count the Pathfinders).

Next time, follow your OWN advice. You can do the research like I did or you can agree/disagree with me, but don't try fighting with me. Now either you can let this end (as I will) or we can continue with this pointless argument.