criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

PS4 tournament

There’s a PS4 dropzone tournament if anyone is interested, no ee3 or burst weapons allowed so or should make for more players. 1st place is 500 bucks with 2nd also getting a little something.

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AknLjcem4mb5iGJJD7g0FuPrzE3C

The 250 initial prize has been raised to 500z

Replies

• In your linked doc. you write, "I may have missed something that is extremely basic."

Yes, like how to register and what game this is for (Battlefront 2015--not everyone will know that) :). Seems to me those would be important items to address?

In any case, good luck. I loved that game mode.
    Palpatine hunter
  • Gonna go out on a limb and say the winner uses E11 with explosive shot
  • Ppong_Man12
    3125 posts Member
    edited February 5
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    Gonna go out on a limb and say the winner uses E11 with explosive shot

No explosive shot, no scatter guns, no shock or stuns, no bacta or bodyguard, no ee or any burst guns, all banned. Oh and guys this is for battlefront 15 dropzone and any and all of you guys are welcomed. Also there’s no entry fee to sign up and play.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member

No explosive shot, no scatter guns, no shock or stuns, no bacta or bodyguard, no ee or any burst guns, all banned. Oh and guys this is for battlefront 15 dropzone and any and all of you guys are welcomed. Also there’s no entry fee to sign up and play.

@Ppong_Man12 you should play in it!
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    @Kuvox bro you should play in that tourney if you loved that game mode.
  • d0kRX wrote: »

Probably will this time around, it’s been awhile lol. Would love to see some of the bf2 players play, especially the top guys.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »

Probably will this time around, it’s been awhile lol. Would love to see some of the bf2 players play, especially the top guys.

Me too, me too. And why not? I guess it's like once a game is old there's no going back. Which is stupid cuz I still play SNES games occasionally.

Me too, me too. And why not? I guess it's like once a game is old there's no going back. Which is stupid cuz I still play SNES games occasionally.

Many of the classics cannot be topped. My ps2 gets more hours lately than the ps4
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    So uh, what's the hold back, the last game is fun to play and here is a chance to play in a tournament for free, with fantastic rules.
  • Definitely interested. I’ll have to start sweating to get ready 😂😂
  • No EE-3 is stupid
  • No EE-3 is stupid

Correction- EE-3 is stupid
  • Loujjw13 wrote: »
    No EE-3 is stupid

Let us not compete with marksman weapon, because then spray and pray noobs would be outclassed.
  • Ppong_Man12
    3125 posts Member
    edited February 9
    No EE-3 is stupid

To many players/cheaters use rapid fire mods now, there’s very few guys that can actually use it consistently without cheating and they’re better than any mods, but those guys don’t mind the rules.

It’s mainly to keep the cheating down, this especially helps newer or more average players. It’s a shame guys think they have to cheat to compete. I absolutely love the ee3 and have used it for ever but understand the reasoning for the rule set.

Hope you guys think about joining though, it’s good experience and there’s some cool guys you’ll meet that’s fun to play with. I also think a cargo tournament maybe be coming up next.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • Ppong_Man12
    3125 posts Member
    edited February 9
    Loujjw13 wrote: »
    No EE-3 is stupid

Let us not compete with marksman weapon, because then spray and pray noobs would be outclassed.

It’s defiantly a higher skill high reward if you can burst it and have aim, problem is most can’t so they resort to mods, others just complain because it’s harder to aim and burst at speed.

To bad we don’t have it in bf2, Bobba’s in this game is a joke by comparison Either way it’s banned so no worries for the guys that done like it.
  • No EE-3 is stupid

To many players/cheaters use rapid fire mods now, there’s very few guys that can actually use it consistently without cheating and they’re better than any mods, but those guys don’t mind the rules.

It’s mainly to keep the cheating down, this especially helps newer or more average players. It’s a shame guys think they have to cheat to compete. I absolutely love the ee3 and have used it for ever but understand the reasoning for the rule set.

Hope you guys think about joining though, it’s good experience and there’s some cool guys you’ll meet that’s fun to play with. I also think a cargo tournament maybe be coming up next.

I thought people couldn't cheat on console
  • No EE-3 is stupid

Man what they do is buy things like strike packs at GameStop, Best Buy, or anywhere really, it offers paddles and a rapid fire option for burst type guns for about 40 bucks. An elite player will usually out play a good and especially average player with a mod most of the time though. Worse yet is something like a cronuxmax, it does all kind of crazy stuff like rapid fire, reduce recoil, tighten up spread, it’s straight up cheating on the highest level for console and I think it may be on pc as well. It’s pretty easy to pick up on if someone is using it though. Shame that many gamers stoop to the bottom of the barrel.
  • James8282
    291 posts Member
    edited February 9
    No EE-3 is stupid

Man what they do is buy things like strike packs at GameStop, Best Buy, or anywhere really, it offers paddles and a rapid fire option for burst type guns for about 40 bucks. An elite player will usually out play a good and especially average player with a mod most of the time though. Worse yet is something like a cronuxmax, it does all kind of crazy stuff like rapid fire, reduce recoil, tighten up spread, it’s straight up cheating on the highest level for console and I think it may be on pc as well. It’s pretty easy to pick up on if someone is using it though. Shame that many gamers stoop to the bottom of the barrel.

Burst weapons as in like the a280 and blurrg for example?? How could any kind of mod affect those guns? They both work on firing a spread after one hit on the trigger regardless of the pressure applied and once the spread is done they return back to their original aiming position before another spread can be fired. So no mod adjusting for recoil could have an effect on the accuracy of these guns at their highest rate of fire.

Do you maybe mean guns like the default assault gun instead, which is single shot and can be fired again before the gun returns to the same position it was in when it fired the first shot before recoil started to have an effect. Even then, it doesn't seem to move that much.

NT242 though... I can see how a recoil mod would work on a gun like that haha All immediate successive shots and their recoil cause new positions for the gun as it currently stands.

A280cfe I can not so much see a use for a mod. For the first shot it'd be good, then all shots after that still end with the gun being in the firing position of the second spread.
    Post edited by James8282 on
  • No EE-3 is stupid

God people are so wack. I know alot of people that use paddle controller but I didn't know you could get rapid fire and spread tightening mods. Smh
  • James8282 wrote: »
    No EE-3 is stupid

Burst weapons as in like the a280 and blurrg for example?? How could any kind of mod affect those guns? They both work on firing a spread after one hit on the trigger regardless of the pressure applied and once the spread is done they return back to their original aiming position before another spread can be fired. So no mod adjusting for recoil could have an effect on the accuracy of these guns at their highest rate of fire.

Do you maybe mean guns like the default assault gun instead, which is single shot and can be fired again before the gun returns to the same position it was in when it fired the first shot before recoil started to have an effect. Even then, it doesn't seem to move that much.

NT242 though... I can see how a recoil mod would work on a gun like that haha All immediate successive shots and their recoil cause new positions for the gun as it currently stands.

A280cfe I can not so much see a use for a mod. For the first shot it'd be good, then all shots after that still end with the gun being in the firing position of the second spread.

It’s mainly used in the last bf15 game for the ee3, most people can’t burst or fire it fast enough and keep aim so they resort to mods,
    No EE-3 is stupid

Burst weapons in this gave function a lot differently than BF1.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
    No EE-3 is stupid

James8282 wrote: »
    No EE-3 is stupid

Imagine a mod for the TL-50 that eliminated recoil and the "spray" of the gun. I'm sure someone could figure out how the gun places it's shots when it moves around while firing and then counteract that.

That would be a huge difference to that gun.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    No EE-3 is stupid

@GodHatesUsAll no EE-3 is there to try and compensate for modders. Touchmywookie had modders in mind when he made the rules, but no one can prove who is modding so there's the rules. You can still have loads of fun in this tournament without the EE-3, bacta, or bodyguard. Lets face it, the meta of bactaguard EE-4 or EE-3 is boring anyway.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    @Ppong_Man12 have you got a team signed up yet? I'm gonna keep posting this thread till others get interested. I would have joined with Hey_Darko's team but I'm still kind of unsure of how much I'll be involved with school next month.
  • why is this on the bf2 forum?
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    EightMile wrote: »
    why is this on the bf2 forum?
    To get some of the bigger playerbase (from bf2) interested in a tournament for bf1. Most of them must have played the first game before.

• d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    I have an update, there are now 7 teams signed up! With the teams being limited to 4, with rosters allowed to have 5 for schedule flexibility we should be able to get more teams!

Winning team gets $300
    Second Place team gets $150
    Third place team gets $50

Registration is FREE! Sign up, there's 14 more days to get a team of 4-5 together.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    Now there's about 16 teams! Come on guys the more players the funner this will be!
    No EE-3 is stupid

@GodHatesUsAll no EE-3 is there to try and compensate for modders. Touchmywookie had modders in mind when he made the rules, but no one can prove who is modding so there's the rules. You can still have loads of fun in this tournament without the EE-3, bacta, or bodyguard. Lets face it, the meta of bactaguard EE-4 or EE-3 is boring anyway.

Wookie made this rule? That explains it
  • @d0kRX, yeah it’s ashamed these 2nd rate cheating scrubs suck to the point to force a ban on certain things.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    No EE-3 is stupid

Wookie made this rule? That explains it

@GodHatesUsAll yup wookiee has been saying he's sorry about banning ee3 but with all the potentially toxic rants about modders that could go on he took it out.

But you gotta hand it to the guy, sponsoring a tournament with your own money just so we can have fun at the game we love is worth it! You should get a team together and register, you only need 4 minimum!
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    @d0kRX, yeah it’s ashamed these 2nd rate cheating scrubs suck to the point to force a ban on certain things.

Yeah @Ppong_Man12 I agree! Although I have started enjoying me some E11 the last few months. You should get a team together man!
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    Time is running out! Git your teams together and Sign Up!!!
  • No...
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    No...

LoL you herofront lover....
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    @Ppong_Man12 have you been putting your team together?
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    17 teams now! There's still time to sign up your team or get a team together! If you wanna play but don't have a team or know of anyone you can join, there is a free agent PSN group chat you can join. There are still other players you can find to play with and form a team with, just send alphafunatic message on PSN and add him and he can add you to the group message.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    Still time to form a team. There are still free agents who need to form teams, you could be in a team with them. Sign up! the more the merrier.

I was talking to Wookiee yesterday and he said if this tournament is successful, they might even fund a cargo tournament too!