criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Co-Op | Nerf enemy AI, Buff teammate AI

Too many times where the enemy AI are full on omnipotent.
From hero AI having double the stamina and killing through total saber blocks, certain units having an instantaneous health regen pool, and outright aimbot reflexes that most time just end up killing us through walls of all things.
Meanwhile the Teammate AI struggle to even do the basic of functions that they essentially get slaughtered the moment they try to retaliate and hardly even help with the objectives, making it essentially a 4 v 25 in every instance.
The AI in co-op really need some looking into because there's a difference between challenging and completely unfair. Enemy AI needs to be FAR LESS aggressive and Teammate AI needs to actually start doing anything.

Replies

• I have felt the same but maybe they should buff players

Just kidding, though I have noticed many players trying to kill every enemy in the map, hence AI leaks through some spots and one single auto player is able to cause a lot of damage if not kill you.

I thought it was easy to win but just noticed I was playing with disciplined teammates at ghe beginning, covering different areas each one.

Of course one them could be in real trouble and it's a need to assist. But if they are doing well don't neglect your position because if you're beaten they will be taken by their back and surely die. Once players start falling, it becomes harder to again take control because that has to be done progressively if you don't want to die again surrounded by plenty of enemies.

One thing I've noticed is 1 player cannot handle AI alone even with the beat heroes and reinforcements, you'll die or forced to retract and clock will start ti press.

It would hurt the experience if aggressiveness is decreased instead of us doing better. Although a few times, I've seen won matches and it wouldn't be an achievement if it's easy.
  • Nugmragn wrote: »
    Correct @kevlegs1971 and @hosco33 ...

Play more tactically. Use more cover. Retreat when you are outnumbered...out of sight = out of mind with AI.

This doesn't work when the AI are able to shoot through the cover because they are beyond 100% aware of where you're hiding or running at all times. So many times I'm sniped by a random Assault or Officer AI because they somehow saw a pixel of me from across the maps and continue to know where I'm at when I am far out of their sight and mind
  • Zanizoos wrote: »
    Nugmragn wrote: »

Play more tactically. Use more cover. Retreat when you are outnumbered...out of sight = out of mind with AI.

This doesn't work when the AI are able to shoot through the cover because they are beyond 100% aware of where you're hiding or running at all times. So many times I'm sniped by a random Assault or Officer AI because they somehow saw a pixel of me from across the maps and continue to know where I'm at when I am far out of their sight and mind

Even if that happens, I see no reason to nerf the enemy... I never have an issue with the AI strength in COOP. If I get one shotted by someone, it's a pain but a quick respawn and all is forgiven..

giphy.gif

• I think they're in a pretty good place right now - they seem to have recently toned down some of the more OP aspects of the Enemy AI a little while still keeping it a reasonable challenge. You still need to be careful to not get surrounded, but it's possible to take a few out with Saber heroes now without being targeted by every enemy on the map ;)
  • Genin
    352 posts Member
    Nugmragn wrote: »

This is the training mode. Adjust to the intensity.

Some day in the not-very-distant future this game will no longer be supported. When that happens, I do not want to be left with AI that is too easy to beat. I will still want a challenge.

Rise to the challenge...you will get better!

Exactly... IA should be a challenge. Even like this is a bit easy to be honest.
  • On the one hand, if the team AI were a little better, it would help offset the times where you end up in a terrible group (not focused on objectives, etc.).
    On the other hand, the enemy AI is actually pretty well balanced at this point. A skilled, focused group will win probably upwards of 90% of the time, but sometimes the last wave (on either offense or defense) just doesn't go your way.
    Most-Played Modes:
    1. Co-Op
    2. Starfighter Assault
    3. Ewok Hunt

I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, because this is The Way.
  • Has anyone noticed that since the last update the AI rocket troopers are much more aggressive and have perfect aim in Co-op? It's definitely a challenge!
    "Peace is a lie"
  • Darthdougy wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that since the last update the AI rocket troopers are much more aggressive and have perfect aim in Co-op? It's definitely a challenge!

Yeah, uses its rockets very fast and it's hard to fight against
    Has anyone noticed that since the last update the AI rocket troopers are much more aggressive and have perfect aim in Co-op? It's definitely a challenge!

Yes they are actually really intelligent.

AI recognized that I was immobile cuz I was deployed in explosive sentry: jet packed in behind me and forced me to cancel ability early or I would have gotten wrecked. It was surprising...impressive.

You just have to be situationally aware and be able to shift focus quickly and revise tactics based on your enemy...like in any game mode.

No nerfs to AI. For **** sake people, get better.
  • Bot ai for coop is just a mistake period. The amount of problems it creates when it comes to balancing will never work for coop. Coop should have different rules and mechanics sperate from the PVP game in order to make the game mode easier to develop, more flexible, easier to expand on.

Dice has doubled down on using auto players(worst name ever for bots) as their 1 ai the rule them all. In the end all the time they spend trying to fix and balance them will lead them to the logical conclusion that if they just used single player ai with correctly developed mobs that they can spawn and control tighter, health, armor, weapm dps etc. The mode would have been more flexible and easier to manage and balance.
  • I'd say no nerfs are needed to the stats of the units used, but it would be nice if the friendly AI would spawn as heroes and reinforcements (and soon to be vehicles).
  • No, co-op is just fine as it is, for me is even easy but i don't care because i only play it when i want to have fun without having to play too focused/serious (when i want to chill out) and to level up heroes and get the weapons and its gadgets fast and i understand for some people even that ia would be difficult.

THe problem is when the other players leaves in the middle of the match one or two player is not enough to win and also some people doesn't play the objective and is like you're playing alone the match, a solution to that could be that the ai adjust its difficulty or number of enemies acording to the number of players in the match.

I think all the ai is perfect in co-op except from that, seems that they have god mode aimbot with the rocket launcher and kill me with one shot when choosing a reinforcement.
  • No nerfs in COOP.. It's not needed/

The enemy heroes have to much health!
    They should have the same as you!
  • Co op is fine as it is I played a ton earlier maybe like 6rounds and only lost one so its not really that difficult
  • I like co-op and agree that the AI is insane and overpowered BUT with that being said, it did force me to play more strategically. Heroes and villians on the other hand, whenever I am one of those classes, and I see another one heading towards me, I literally turn tail and run. Because even though my character is maxed out with purple cards, I do not stand a chance one v one with any AI controlled hero/villian. And it also seems like as soon as someone plays one of those characters, most of the enemy AI focus fires on them (I remember one game, yesterday, where I chose a hero and literally lasted all of 3 seconds. They focus fired down my energy bar as I was blocking, and kicked the crap out of me . So I have adapted a more of a hit and run tactic when playing them. Against hero classes, do NOT stand there and swing swing swing, the AI player will demolish you in 3-4 hits, and you will be missing most of your hits on them (so it appears)

Overall I love co op...
  • I'm having the exact same problem in Instant Action. It's utterly unfair, and just feels extremely unenjoyable.