criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

It's time to nerf the AT-ST

Replies

• DiamondxStyles
    2335 posts Member
    edited February 6
    It is these types of threads that give hero mains a bad name. The smart and good hero players, in particular those with sabers, realize that armored vehicles are meant to be killed by their trooper teammates who are equipped to destroy vehicles.
    For some this is apparently very difficult to understand and why they should remain in the hero only modes instead of attempting to dumb down the more competitive and larger modes where smarter players understand how to counter vehicles.

You had me until you said more competitive modes lol

More competitive as to where players have to contend with all items of the game, troopers, reinforcements, vehicles and heroes and not just one or two items. Not saying HvV isn't competitive any more than saying Extraction isn't competitive. Both modes are competitive but it's a little easier when you only have to counter one specific threat instead of several. Understood?
    [...]

Not at all. I can't remember a time I played Halo (and new CoD) with ladders in a pro circuit for Big Team Battle or Ground Wars. There's a reason

- Showdown and HvV are competitive (or would be if it were actually balanced lmao)

- Extraction and Blast are competitive (or would be if reinforcements weren't unbalanced amongst each other)

GA and CS big cap

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• ROMG4
    4700 posts Member
    edited February 6
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    7mpj3webikhb.gif

DICE when?

rsz_rsz_screen_shot_2020-02-01_at_15507_pm-removebg-preview_2_1.png

😂😂😂😂
    What has become of my generation?
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    7mpj3webikhb.gif

DICE when?

rsz_rsz_screen_shot_2020-02-01_at_15507_pm-removebg-preview_2_1.png

😂😂😂😂
    What has become of my generation?

qysppkfzqhx8.jpg

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

DICE when?

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Hahaha ok boomer
  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    It is the most powerful vehicle by far. His main weapon is so precise, deadly and with splash damages. He can run and chase every unit in the game with easy.
    His health and resistance its ok, what should be nerfed is the precision and the damage of his main weapon, (especially vs heroes that are helpless against this type of vehicle) maybe his speed too.

I would say a big no, the problem is not in itself the AT-ST but the fact that the majority of players do not want to use weapons and ionic equipment; I can assure you that with only 3 players / 20 with ion torpedo, the AT-SDTs leave very easily; I also think that an ion grenade buff would be a good thing as well as being able to activate / deactivate your ionic fire. This would solve the problem quite easily

These are two extraordinarily good ideas.

thank you, but this idea has already been proposed by myself and @GenxDarchi barely 4 months after the release of the game ... I'm still waiting for DICE to improve the game ...
  • They are very annoying against heroes they can melt you so quickly and for how cheap they are it's not really fair. As for saber heroes you have zero defense you can't take them down so you have to runaway. If they don't want to nerf them then they should at least make them more expensive for all the damage they do they should definitely cost at least 3,000 bps
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    They are very annoying against heroes they can melt you so quickly and for how cheap they are it's not really fair. As for saber heroes you have zero defense you can't take them down so you have to runaway. If they don't want to nerf them then they should at least make them more expensive for all the damage they do they should definitely cost at least 3,000 bps

there would be a better solution, you will die quickly with your hero saber because you are permanently marked on the radar of your enemy, an at-st will chase you like a suicide bomber, without permanent marking this would leave you the possibility of moving around intelligently or benefit from the element of surprise.
  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »
    They are very annoying against heroes they can melt you so quickly and for how cheap they are it's not really fair. As for saber heroes you have zero defense you can't take them down so you have to runaway. If they don't want to nerf them then they should at least make them more expensive for all the damage they do they should definitely cost at least 3,000 bps

there would be a better solution, you will die quickly with your hero saber because you are permanently marked on the radar of your enemy, an at-st will chase you like a suicide bomber, without permanent marking this would leave you the possibility of moving around intelligently or benefit from the element of surprise.

Yeah this would be good
    If you people hadn't made sure nearly every ion loadout and turret loadout got nerfed into the ground

Vehicles wouldn't run out of out control

But yall had to nerf ion turrets

Winner winner chicken dinner.

41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • This really signifies how the classes are a mess if the heavy was more of an anti-vehicle role first instead of being a better version of what the assault class is supposed to be vehicles wouldn't be an issue.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    If you people hadn't made sure nearly every ion loadout and turret loadout got nerfed into the ground

Empire_TW wrote: »
    This really signifies how the classes are a mess if the heavy was more of an anti-vehicle role first instead of being a better version of what the assault class is supposed to be vehicles wouldn't be an issue.

But they don’t? Ions do work against them and not the mention the heavy...

This really signifies how the classes are a mess if the heavy was more of an anti-vehicle role first instead of being a better version of what the assault class is supposed to be vehicles wouldn't be an issue.

Fly vs hornet

By elimating their ability to target players and provide support in any other areas you effectively dropped the using population to near zero

The combat shield is the Heavy's strongest ability it can even be considered to be the main ability. If a Heavy is going to replace it the card that does needs to be effective

This game does not encourage self-less playstyles, and because of that the amount of heavies that use Ion Turret now are very, very, low

Well that would make sense if you couldn’t change your class mid game. A smart and effective heavy will change their class when the situation presents itself to change it, it’s done all the time. 2 anti vehicle turrents and 2 sentries can make a tank go bye bye, not to mention shooting behind them is quite punishing...
  • tankertoad wrote: »

Fly vs hornet

Yes let’s make vehicles useless and let every trooper take multiple tanks down per life. Then we’ll see more and more nerf hero threads from y’all since the tanks are anti hero.

2 players can wreck vehicles all game, heck you can shot vehicles across the map and there dead before they know what hit them....

Fly vs hornet

Yes let’s make vehicles useless and let every trooper take multiple tanks down per life. Then we’ll see more and more nerf hero threads from y’all since the tanks are anti hero.

2 players can wreck vehicles all game, heck you can shot vehicles across the map and there dead before they know what hit them....

I don't think you have followed my comments.

A heavy can take out armor.

The turret is also not quite as effective.

Theres also no motivation to do so. Let me take out armor so this menu camping hero spammer doesnt die!

tankertoad wrote: »

Fly vs hornet

Theres also no motivation to do so. Let me take out armor so this menu camping hero spammer doesnt die!

That’s a very silly way to look at it. If no one takes out armor then the troopers are worse off than the hero. A tank being anti hero doesn’t limit it to JUST heroes...

Turrent isn’t NOT effective either

Fly vs hornet

That’s a very silly way to look at it. If no one takes out armor then the troopers are worse off than the hero. A tank being anti hero doesn’t limit it to JUST heroes...

No, it's how the game has encouraged play. This whole thread is about how there are anti tank options, but no one does it.

The race to hero BP design system with no care about base 4 with base 4 design being whack is what's silly.

• Add: one could respawn and get ion load out with a heavy or I could use my battle points to play something cool

• Anyone who is asking for an ATST nerf is a hero main who is mad they got killed.

I can’t think of any maps that are unbalanced because of the strength if an ATST. In fact, most of the time attackers can only get past an objective because of the work the ATSTs are doing. Jakku and Takodana used to be so hard that they had to add them to the maps in the first months of the game.

Heavies and snipers destroy the momentum created by tanks.

If you are a hero, just go in the opposite direction or help shoot them. Not hard.

Fly vs hornet

No, it's how the game has encouraged play. This whole thread is about how there are anti tank options, but no one does it.

The race to hero BP design system with no care about base 4 with base 4 design being whack is what's silly.

Well maybe if there were 20 Heroes allowed 😂😂. And no, all other 18 people aren’t waiting for a hero screen camping. Your games sound fun. People use them all the time LOL
  • Anyone who is asking for an ATST nerf is a hero main who is mad they got killed.

I can’t think of any maps that are unbalanced because of the strength if an ATST. In fact, most of the time attackers can only get past an objective because of the work the ATSTs are doing. Jakku and Takodana used to be so hard that they had to add them to the maps in the first months of the game.

If you are a hero, just go in the opposite direction or help shoot them. Not hard.

Jakku & takodana was never hard.

It was hard for him; he doesn't get the heroes

Silence, HerO mAIn.
    Confidence born of ignorance

Silence, HerO mAIn.

88lt6nbw0vd8.gif

While I’m very impressed with your skill, the fact remains those maps had ATSTs added to then to improve the FO chances. And I frequently play games with and against teams who would never get past the first objective without an ATST.
  • Chico
    729 posts Member
    Given this is one of two active threads on the topic, I am really concerned we are about to lose yet another tool in this game. Speeders I understood, they needed a nerf or significant cost increase. But ion turret, stinger pistol, many of the base class weapons to name but a few were nerfed hard, mainly due to hero players complaints.

Now the AT-ST is the target, let's think about this reasonably. Firstly, the anti-vehicle missile has already been nerfed so it won't OHK heroes. The side effect is that it doesn't even do its job. Try hitting an AT-RT with it, barely takes half the health of an unarmoured, open vehicle. Ditto speeders. So, how can anyone say it needs a further Nerf? Secondly, how else could it be nerfed practically? It isn't like the standard gun is massively OP. Maybe we should make it like certain other armour and have the shots go anywhere but where the reticle is pointing? And do we want to be in a place where a walker trampling on people does no damage? The only practical solution is to increase costs, up to 3-4k. But if that is done, surely the only fair outcome is that heroes costs increase too? Especially ball 8. He should cost at least 20k if stuff I've seen on the forum is anything to go by.
  • #leaveATSTsalone
  • ROMG4
    4700 posts Member

By elimating their ability to target players and provide support in any other areas you effectively dropped the using population to near zero

The combat shield is the Heavy's strongest ability it can even be considered to be the main ability. If a Heavy is going to replace it the card that does needs to be effective

This game does not encourage self-less playstyles, and because of that the amount of heavies that use Ion Turret now are very, very, low

Well that would make sense if you couldn’t change your class mid game. A smart and effective heavy will change their class when the situation presents itself to change it, it’s done all the time. 2 anti vehicle turrents and 2 sentries can make a tank go bye bye, not to mention shooting behind them is quite punishing...

You expect the average player and team composition to not be in it for himself, farming bp, doing his own thing, and or also being supported when he goes after the AT-ST?

Again nerfing the Ion Turrets in such a way along with also doing nothing to make trooper content more enjoyable since launch has dropped the Ion Turret using playerbase to near zero. I'm pretty sure they are even below the assaults that use Acid Launcher over wall-hack dart or adrenaline
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • Cost is the issue for me.

Should be 2000 BP and have a 30 second cooldown.

I agree with this. The AT-ST itself is fine honestly. A gunner can take off a third of its health with one shot of their anti-armour gun. Not to mention the Heavy with their ion turret and torpedo.

Terms of heroes vs the AT-ST? If you decide to charge at a walker as a hero, then you're just kind of asking for trouble honestly :D
    PSN: SarcasticEditor
    Hero mains: Troopers should be below Heroes because heroes are powerful and cost points. Troopers expecting to beat a hero should get rekt
    Vehicle mains: Okay so shouldn't vehicles be above heroes as well because they are super strong technological terrors?
    Hero mains:
    giphy.gif

Vehicles cost way less points than a hero... If we are going by what SHOULD happen, then a blaster hero shouldn't be able to roll out of a force ability and Luke should be able to kill an atst in 1-2 swings by cutting off its foot.
  • Kurosivo23
    9 posts Member
    edited February 7
    People calling for increased tank costs are wrong. Why? Because they fail to take into account demand.

Heroes are much more desirable than tanks, and much more difficult for troopers to destroy. If a tank is priced at more than half what a hero is, most players will simply wait for the extra BP and camp the menu. Tanks need to be priced accordingly.

Speaking as a part-time anti-tank heavy who delights in wrecking AT-STs by the dozens, I can safely say that the AT-ST is fine in both price and power.

The real problem is killstreak-obsessed veteran players who refuse to forgo their turn as a hero and do what needs to be done to help their team win the game.
    Doesn’t matter what is more desirable. Good vehicle players will always go for them and actually some times change the whole outcome of a game. The BP cost needs to be increased for vehicles because the problem is spamming them. As you talk about people waiting in the menu screen for a hero, there are also people waiting for a cheap vehicle to kill a hero who has dominated them beforehand! This goes both ways. A bad hero player will die once and never get a hero because of the cost. Meanwhile bad vehicle players, who sit on the menu spamming on vehicles, just to get one and kill a hero after multiple failed attempts, are not being talked about enough! A good hero player is much more of a target than a good vehicle player in large scale game modes. The primary way of killing a hero shouldn’t be a vehicle that costs 150 BP points because it takes away from the hustle of getting a hero! The primary way though should be teamwork which is exactly what it takes to take down a vehicle, BUT the player can go back on the menu and just spam them like it’s nothing because of the low BP cost. I don’t agree with a nerf, but an increase in BP cost would be much appreciated.

• ROMG4
    4700 posts Member
    Hero mains: Troopers should be below Heroes because heroes are powerful and cost points. Troopers expecting to beat a hero should get rekt
    Vehicle mains: Okay so shouldn't vehicles be above heroes as well because they are super strong technological terrors?
    Hero mains:
    giphy.gif

Vehicles cost way less points than a hero... If we are going by what SHOULD happen, then a blaster hero shouldn't be able to roll out of a force ability and Luke should be able to kill an atst in 1-2 swings by cutting off its foot.

Yeah and this happens too

latest?cb=20150801033932
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • Genin
    633 posts Member
    In defence of at at i have to say that, compared to an hero, they are much more exposed to enemy fire, with barely no chance to cover anywhere and very slow in movements and agility. With minimal team work and right tools (that the game provided), you can destroy it in seconds... And at at can't dodge or anything.
    A hero is a very different beast, especially with a good player.
  • bfloo
    17053 posts Member
    Kurosivo23 wrote: »
    People calling for increased tank costs are wrong. Why? Because they fail to take into account demand.

Heroes are much more desirable than tanks, and much more difficult for troopers to destroy. If a tank is priced at more than half what a hero is, most players will simply wait for the extra BP and camp the menu. Tanks need to be priced accordingly.

Speaking as a part-time anti-tank heavy who delights in wrecking AT-STs by the dozens, I can safely say that the AT-ST is fine in both price and power.

The real problem is killstreak-obsessed veteran players who refuse to forgo their turn as a hero and do what needs to be done to help their team win the game.
    Doesn’t matter what is more desirable. Good vehicle players will always go for them and actually some times change the whole outcome of a game. The BP cost needs to be increased for vehicles because the problem is spamming them. As you talk about people waiting in the menu screen for a hero, there are also people waiting for a cheap vehicle to kill a hero who has dominated them beforehand! This goes both ways. A bad hero player will die once and never get a hero because of the cost. Meanwhile bad vehicle players, who sit on the menu spamming on vehicles, just to get one and kill a hero after multiple failed attempts, are not being talked about enough! A good hero player is much more of a target than a good vehicle player in large scale game modes. The primary way of killing a hero shouldn’t be a vehicle that costs 150 BP points because it takes away from the hustle of getting a hero! The primary way though should be teamwork which is exactly what it takes to take down a vehicle, BUT the player can go back on the menu and just spam them like it’s nothing because of the low BP cost. I don’t agree with a nerf, but an increase in BP cost would be much appreciated.

If you can only get enough bp once per game to get a hero you are doing something very wrong.

4000 is not hard to get unless it is a steam roll.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Hero mains:
    giphy.gif

latest?cb=20150801033932

LOL it can happen as is. I'm fine with vehicle damage, they just need a BP increase.
  • bfloo
    17053 posts Member
    Hero mains:
    giphy.gif

latest?cb=20150801033932

LOL it can happen as is. I'm fine with vehicle damage, they just need a BP increase.

Barris

08k1fzvk1gcr.png

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    4700 posts Member
    Hero mains:
    giphy.gif

latest?cb=20150801033932

giphy.gif

Every BP unit needs a BP increase except for Speeders and maybe, maybe, Aerials
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • bfloo wrote: »

If you can only get enough bp once per game to get a hero you are doing something very wrong.

Takes less than 60 seconds sometimes
  • Genin
    633 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Yes, sometimes I end the match with 30000 battle points... The issue is people camping in the menu that don't allaw other players to use them unless you use the same strategy. Which is boring and unproductive for win the match... Which is supposed to be the main goal.
  • bfloo
    17053 posts Member
    Genin wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Yes, sometimes I end the match with 30000 battle points... The issue is people camping in the menu that don't allaw other players to use them unless you use the same strategy. Which is boring and unproductive for win the match... Which is supposed to be the main goal.

I hate to break it to you, but due to not having stats, a chunk of this playerbase can care less if they win or lose.

h846398gb27k.png

• As you all say (and I have said this before as well)
    AT-STs can be brought down with relative ease with a few ion-committed players, but even without ion shot they go down fast if everyone takes them on, the perfect example for this would be the Takodana hilltop.

The issues are imho that hardly anyone uses ion weaponry and secondly the map designs. On most maps I don’t really notice their presence, exceptions to this are Mos Eisley (they tower over the walls and can kill you with splash damage) and the Crait hangar (don’t think they should be allowed inside). I think that having two of them in a relatively small area like the hangar is maybe too much, so instead of nerfs maybe limit their number to one then. Or, on an unrelated note, buff the disruptor shot; compared to all other tanks and vehicles its damage output vs the AT-ST is slightly underwhelming.
  • 3izz65s1l1qo.gif

DICE when?

😍

• DiamondxStyles
    2335 posts Member
    edited February 7
    Let us oneshot ATSTs with Force abilities
    p8bm3upxby2u.jpg

I would fully support the First Phase vehicles being irrelevant if a Hero has enough time to TK it

ad156vmipca8.jpg

• Genin
    633 posts Member
    Let us oneshot ATSTs with Force abilities
    p8bm3upxby2u.jpg

I would fully support the First Phase vehicles being irrelevant if a Hero has enough time to TK it

ad156vmipca8.jpg

I miss the time when battlefront was hero free...
  • 3izz65s1l1qo.gif

DICE when?

😍

Never. This is a PvP game, not a Singleplayer game
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/