criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Improvements for offline players are needed

While most people are able to play this game online, there are still a number of us who can't because of not being able to afford the extra cost of membership or because of bad internet connect. For all the improvements being made for online players, it would be nice to see some more for the offline folks.

First off, leveling up. It would really make offline playing more fun if there was something to work towards, such as leveling up. This leveling up system could be completely separate from the online leveling, so that people couldn't cheat. Rather than have everything be at max level for Arcade and Instant Action, being able to earn the Star Cards and Weapons upgrades would make it more immersive for those who play the game offline.

Another improvement would be maps and modes. Adding some more maps to Arcade, like Felucia, even scaled down versions would be great. Also, maybe an offline version of Galactic Assault? The game, while great, is getting kinda stale to play offline.

Replies

• I'm not a game designer, but I can't think a separate offline leveling system would any more difficult to implement than everything being added to online play.
  • Starmasui73146
    1794 posts Member
    edited February 9
    I worked way to hard to get my characters to where they are and your asking me to have to do just that for Offline? Your in essence saying, "Yeah I know you spent two years upgrading all your characters but I don't have good internet sooooo oh well you have to start from scratch like me for Offline." Ummmmm no, just no, sorry guy. How about a better idea.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I don't see how that is unfair. You have to work hard to level them up online anyway, but if you play offline, the characters are already maxed out in terms of weapons and star cards. They unlock all the weapons and upgrades in the offline mode. To have a separate offline leveling systems seems to be fairer than say...giving the heroes to everyone now when people had to pay for them when the game first came out. I spent a lot of credits buying Dooku and Obi-wan when they first came out, just to have everything else given for free in a later update. And then there is the Celebration Edition that unlocks all the skins, voice lines, and emotes. Offline leveling would have absolutely no impact on online play because the level systems would be completely separate from online. If you are level 42 offline, you would still be a level 4 online.
  • Glennbo216 wrote: »
    I don't see how that is unfair. You have to work hard to level them up online anyway, but if you play offline, the characters are already maxed out in terms of weapons and star cards. They unlock all the weapons and upgrades in the offline mode. To have a separate offline leveling systems seems to be fairer than say...giving the heroes to everyone now when people had to pay for them when the game first came out. I spent a lot of credits buying Dooku and Obi-wan when they first came out, just to have everything else given for free in a later update. And then there is the Celebration Edition that unlocks all the skins, voice lines, and emotes. Offline leveling would have absolutely no impact on online play because the level systems would be completely separate from online. If you are level 42 offline, you would still be a level 4 online.

I agree. Offline needs an offline leveling system. Though, an option to have everything unlocked in the gameplay settings or something would be good to satisfy people who don't like it.
  • It does, although I do use it as like a training area, testing out all the card combos and tactics that are hard to practice in normal play, so I jump in arcade and practice in there.
    Yeah, you know who I am...
  • While I get using Arcade as a training ground, it doesn't really help me personally. I just pick the strongest (in my opinion) Star Cards and use those. Offline leveling would be a good way to force me (and by extension, everyone) to try the other Star Cards and experiment with different styles of play.