criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Enough with the door locking behind you nonsense

I can’t be the only one that gets really annoyed when you enter through door that doesn’t reopen when you try to go back through. If I accidentally go past the door and then it closes, it won’t open again until an enemy gets too close. That makes zero sense. That is literally the stupidest thing ever. Please change that.

Replies

• It can be annoying I have died multiple times as heroes because I got a little to aggressive and ended up getting locked out it should just open again
  • Mega
    77 posts Member
    edited February 8
    You people deserve it, no matter what you did. You must always know your limits and respect the boundaries. If you even try to spawn camp, then you deserve it.
  • Reys_Theme15
    8 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Mega wrote: »
    You people deserve it, no matter what you did. You must always know your limits and respect the boundaries. If you even try to spawn camp, then you deserve it.

Respect boundaries?? Bruh this is war! There is no respecting boundaries. Ignoring the fact that it doesn’t even balance anything for the other side, it literally makes no sense for that to happen. If it’s a “boundary” issue, then why not just have it to where every time you go past that door, the countdown for being out of bounds pops up, forcing the player to have to go back to their side instead of a stupid door locking behind you that only the enemy can open which literally makes no sense. This is not a matter of whether people deserve it or not, it’s a matter of a door locking behind you as a matter of “boundaries” makes zero sense.
  • Mega
    77 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Mega wrote: »

Respect boundaries?? Bruh this is war! There is no respecting boundaries. Ignoring the fact that it doesn’t even balance anything for the other side, it literally makes no sense for that to happen. If it’s a “boundary” issue, then why not just have it to where every time you go past that door, the countdown for being out of bounds pops up, forcing the player to have to go back to their side instead of a stupid door locking behind you that only the enemy can open which literally makes no sense. This is not a matter of whether people deserve it or not, it’s a matter of a door locking behind you as a matter of “boundaries” makes zero sense.

Makes sense on Endor...and Kamino...and Naboo...and Starkiller Base, just to name a few.
  • I do really, really hate this myself. But see it from another perspective?

You are entering the ENEMY's capital ship. You go behind their doors to kill of a few dudes and then someone from the cockpit of said capital ship yells "LOCK THAT DOOR!"

= Doomed
  • I do really, really hate this myself. But see it from another perspective?

You are entering the ENEMY's capital ship. You go behind their doors to kill of a few dudes and then someone from the cockpit of said capital ship yells "LOCK THAT DOOR!"

= Doomed

It’s nice but the problem with that perspective is that it only works about 50% of the time. Because if you’re on your own ship trying to defend it then how am I supposed to look at it now? “Oh look Rey accidentally tripped past that door where the enemy is, LOCK THAT DOOR!” Congrats you just trapped your most valuable ally lol. It’s just annoying all around.
  • Yes please change that!!!
  • vonVile
    480 posts Member
    edited February 14
    It annoys the hell out on me on Endor when playing as Empire at the bunker. It makes no sense for the doors to lock the Stormtroopers inside their own bunker. Yes, for Rebels.