criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Buff Obi-Wan

Simile Vader to Obi-Wan and tell me this is fair. All I need to say, do I?

Replies

• CC_1010
    3231 posts Member
    I agree! He can feel very underwhelming. He is good in ga cos etc but needs help in hvv.

Maybe someone can learn from this? Idk.
  • What he needs is immunity when performing Defensive Rush. It is called "Defensive" Rush and he doesn't even protect himself from Palpatine's lightning while performing it. Players are afraid to use it in HvV for they might get caught by Vader's choke because he does not protect himself from force attacks.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    I agree! He can feel very underwhelming. He is good in ga cos etc but needs help in hvv.

Maybe someone can learn from this? Idk.

You have a good gameplay, I see. This is pretty much also what I do: attack distracted foes and kill weakened ones with the Push. But honestly, Luke does that better, by simply dealing more damage and having more and stronger damaging abilities, Obi-Wan just does this decently and is a replacement when other heroes aren't there to do the job. With less support and better enemies he just stands around and blocks, awkwardly waiting for his team to come because he can't do anything alone.
  • JBSeptim
    112 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Btw, my suggestions for buffs are:
    - Restrictive Mind Trick interrupts and disables abilities that are currently in use while it is casted. That way he can't get stunned while using it, which poses a big problem to him imo.
    - Defensive Rush disables damage from Palpatine's Lightning and lightsaber swings and prevents stun effects while in use.
    - His "Critical Deflection" star card gets replaced with the "Find the opening!" star card. Deflected blaster shots are counted as attacks, so they also get amplified by the effect of the star card that improve lightsaber damage during Defensive Rush.
    "Find the opening!": If Obi-Wan hits an enemy villain with his Defensive Rush ability, the maximum health regeneration of that villain is reduced by the amount of damage dealt. [Does not stack, if the attack did so already.]
    Sejanus_4 wrote: »
    What he needs is immunity when performing Defensive Rush. It is called "Defensive" Rush and he doesn't even protect himself from Palpatine's lightning while performing it. Players are afraid to use it in HvV for they might get caught by Vader's choke because he does not protect himself from force attacks.

You see, I definetely second that. That's what the second point is for.
    Post edited by JBSeptim on
  • He definitely feels weak in comparison to anakin and luke
  • Cannot agree more. Obi Wan and Yoda need buffs.
    Sejanus_4 wrote: »
    What he needs is immunity when performing Defensive Rush. It is called "Defensive" Rush and he doesn't even protect himself from Palpatine's lightning while performing it. Players are afraid to use it in HvV for they might get caught by Vader's choke because he does not protect himself from force attacks.

This is a HUGE problem. I don't understand how they can just stop his ability like that, so easily.
    JBSeptim wrote: »
    Btw, my suggestions for buffs are:
    - Restrictive Mind Trick interrupts and disables abilities that are currently in use while it is casted. That way he can't get stunned while using it, which poses a big problem to him imo.
    - Defensive Rush disables damage from Palpatine's Lightning and lightsaber swings and prevents stun effects while in use.
    - His "Critical Deflection" star card gets replaced with the "Find the opening!" star card. Deflected blaster shots are counted as attacks, so they also get amplified by the effect of the star card that improve lightsaber damage during Defensive Rush.
    "Find the opening!": If Obi-Wan hits an enemy villain with his Defensive Rush ability, the maximum health regeneration of that villain is reduced by the amount of damage dealt. [Does not stack, if the attack did so already.]

This is a good replacement and hopefully DICE finds the time to actually read this very insightful and very good feedback and actually implement it into the game. but you know DICE.
  • This is a good replacement and hopefully DICE finds the time to actually read this very insightful and very good feedback and actually implement it into the game. but you know DICE.

I sadly do know, yes. But I am honored to hear you like it! You impressed me alot with your knowledge about lightsaber styles.
  • Buff his middle ability, it's useless.
    And the all out push shout work a little bit faster.
    Devense rush is not devensive enough lol
  • Obi-Wan was perfect before the last update in which they **** his mindtricks up.
    ''Obi-Wan will no longer be able to prevent dodges''

W H A T ?
  • FabiDepp wrote: »
    Obi-Wan was perfect before the last update in which they <3 his mindtricks up.
    ''Obi-Wan will no longer be able to prevent dodges''

W H A T ?

I actually agree with you, that alone would already make him worth it again. But the Defensive Rush should still be more defensive 😅