criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Does this feel like a war game?

Feelee16
1413 posts Member
edited February 10
Not to me. Wish this game had better voice lines and was more serious in some areas if you know what I mean. Wanted some rogue one vibes. What do you guys think?
4uq2gw2038aq.gif

Replies

• Alwe15
    2182 posts Member
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    more serious in some areas if you know what I mean

What do you mean?
  • Feelee16
    1413 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    more serious in some areas if you know what I mean

What do you mean?
    dfa5dr9ddr2p.gif

4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• It doesn't feel like a war game. Lightsabers should dismember. Slain soldiers should inhumanly scream in agony. Post victory cut scene should showcase burned households, disfigured corpses, **** women, enslaved children.
  • Also I feel that more psychotic guys like Boba, Bossk or Sith trooper should be able to scalp their enemies or take other body parts as a trophy
  • Also I feel that more psychotic guys like Boba, Bossk or Sith trooper should be able to scalp their enemies or take other body parts as a trophy

Woah.....😯

That'd be a little too brutal imo. One thing I'd add for Boba is bodies would catch fire for a few secs when he kills them with his melee
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• Feelee16 wrote: »
    Also I feel that more psychotic guys like Boba, Bossk or Sith trooper should be able to scalp their enemies or take other body parts as a trophy

That'd be a little too brutal imo. One thing I'd add for Boba is bodies would catch fire for a few secs when he kills them with his melee

How do you think bounty hunters prove they got their mark? If Grievous collects lightsabers, why shouldn't you be able to collect body parts? It's more environment friendly
  • Feelee16
    1413 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Also I feel that more psychotic guys like Boba, Bossk or Sith trooper should be able to scalp their enemies or take other body parts as a trophy

How do you think bounty hunters prove they got their mark? If Grievous collects lightsabers, why shouldn't you be able to collect body parts? It's more environment friendly

How about Y/triangle to pick up saber with grievous after hero kill. For Bossk or Boba they pick up the head or scan body animation. this can give XP or credit bonus. Maybe not for this game but would be fun
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• ROMG4
    4101 posts Member
    >Battlefront 2
    >war game
    >war feels
    >immersion

• It doesn't feel like a war game. Lightsabers should dismember. Slain soldiers should inhumanly scream in agony. Post victory cut scene should showcase burned households, disfigured corpses, ***** women, enslaved children.

Geez... This is coming from the guy that said victory poses weren’t kid freindly?

I may be a bit inconsistent
  • It doesn't feel like a war game. Lightsabers should dismember. Slain soldiers should inhumanly scream in agony. Post victory cut scene should showcase burned households, disfigured corpses, ***** women, enslaved children.

Geez... This is coming from the guy that said victory poses weren’t kid freindly?

Just a bit...

Just a bit...

Bossk says in this game that he'll hang Chewbacca on his ship as a trophy after he kills him. Boba has 3 wookiee scalps on his armor. Dice, please let us skin the Wookiee
  • ArchAngeL_777
    2464 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Oh please no. Last thing we need is DICE to start attempting something like the same mediocre immersion techniques they did for BFV. LOL!!!! I can't believe they wasted resources on things like rolling around on the ground screaming in first person, waiting for a revive. It's nonsense. Just make a game with good gameplay. For Battlefront, that just means a good romp in a Star Wars setting. There's no need for this game to start taking itself too seriously.

Ironically, Battlefield used to be T rated before Bad Company 2. It wasn't trying to be over the top on the grit. There isn't any long term fan that will tell you Battlefield has been better off since going for more rated M immersion.
  • Oh please no. Last thing we need is DICE to start attempting something like the same mediocre immersion techniques they did for BFV. LOL!!!! I can't believe they wasted resources on things like rolling around on the ground screaming in first person, waiting for a revive. It's nonsense. Just make a game with good gameplay. For Battlefront, that just means a good romp in a Star Wars setting. There's no need for this game to start taking itself too seriously.

Ironically, Battlefield used to be T rated before Bad Company 2. It wasn't trying to be over the top on the grit. There isn't any long term fan that will tell you Battlefield has been better off since going for more rated M immersion.

They could've pulled it off with BFV imo. The revive system could've worked if it didn't happen every time you died. Bf1 did it better without it
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• It’s fine imo. Needs dismemberment for droids though, but that’s it.
  • ROMG4
    4101 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Its supposed to be a war game but has degraded into a terrible sword fighting game
    sword fighting
    HospitableImpressiveHornshark-size_restricted.gif
  • GBz
    12 posts Member
    Nah it's more like a sit in the lobby kind of game just to die 30 times in the next match and not make it passed the first phase again. It's also a game of ring around the rosie just to fail defending your ship like every time cause the game's hella unbalanced and nobody feels like playing the game for more than 10 minutes at a time.
  • It's between small and big, too loud for a skirmish but perhaps they preserve their strength.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • I wouldnt mind a revive system, and with that a last stand mechanic. You can get cut down by a saber, but then you have X seconds to lay on the ground and continue to fire on enemies until a medic comes to your aid or the timer runs out and.... *respawns*

During your last stand everything is kinda blurry, and the sound is muffled, all you hear is your own panting and grunting as you scoot along the floor (like in Resident Evil).
  • I wouldnt mind a revive system, and with that a last stand mechanic. You can get cut down by a saber, but then you have X seconds to lay on the ground and continue to fire on enemies until a medic comes to your aid or the timer runs out and.... *respawns*

During your last stand everything is kinda blurry, and the sound is muffled, all you hear is your own panting and grunting as you scoot along the floor (like in Resident Evil).

That'd be cool. Probably would be a little buggy like 5's was
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• Feelee16
    1413 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Its supposed to be a war game but has degraded into a terrible sword fighting game

True Still no new base trooper weapons either. Wonder how far they could've went with weapon customization
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• Battlefront 2005 nailed the War feeling. BF2017 feels way to kid friendly.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• That's what the original Battlefront games did so well..it felt like an actual war in the Star Wars universe. CS is the closest mode to the original games' conquest mode, so let's do a comparison...at the start of a battle in conquest, you would pick your soldier class, then pick a command post to spawn at, and you would be thrown straight into the battle, no cutscenes, no dialogue. After spawning, notice how quiet it is..the battle hasn't began yet, as troops hop into vehicles and build turrets, preparations for battle. Then, troops head off into the action, with the first few shots being fired, and grenades thrown, the battle has begun. Also notice how the battlefield wasn't riddled with fire, smoke, or crashed vehicles, for that was up to you and everyone else in the battle to create. The only "emotes" you had were actual orders like "follow me", "move out", "hold position", "get in/get out", rather than cheesy emotes and one liners. All this adds up to feeling like a real war.

Now let's compare all that to CS...the game begins with a flashy cutscene with tongue in cheek dialogue "now, we can't let those clankers wreck our ship, can we?" The battlefield is already a mess, and there are no vehicles to hop into on the actual map. It feels more like your team is just a wave of reinforcements that have been called in to help finish the battle that has already been raging long before you got there. Meanwhile, you'll see the occasional soldier standing around playing with useless emotes like crying, pretending to wave around a lightsaber, acting like a tusken raider, or even stopping to deliver a completely out of place one liner. I will admit though, there are times, more like fleeting moments, where everything can come together to give back those OG Battlefront conquest vibes, when you see tons of troops on both sides firing blasters and grenades, with vehicles on both sides moving in to battle it out amongst themselves, especially when your team is giving it everything you have to push up to an enemy command post, with fellow troops beside you being shot down in the process. I think the real problem is the unnecessary cheesiness this game tries to inject. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so I realize that humor is indeed part of the fun of the franchise, let's not kid ourselves, but I think it's abundantly clear that the original Battlefront from 2004 in particular, more than proved that you don't need that in a game that is about all out war, Star Wars or not.
  • Agree 100% @Piett
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

Not to me. Wish this game had better voice lines and was more serious in some areas if you know what I mean. Wanted some rogue one vibes. What do you guys think?

Just... play Battlefield?

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg
  • Feelee16
    1413 posts Member
    edited February 10

Just... play Battlefield?

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

Maybe but even Battlefield is slipping recently. 5 doesn't even have levolution events like 4 did. Sad imo
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• But does a war game feel like war? I wouldn't know as I'm not a veteran and been in a live war zone. I've always heard the vets say war is hell. But when it comes to the Battlefield and COD games I feel like sort of a veteran...a digital veteran haha. 20 years of my life to that and other titles that I will never get back. I played the original Battlefront 1 and 2 in 2005 also. But I don't think either of those games hold a candle to this one though.

There are times I would rather play this than Battlefield. Because it feels more arcadie, and because it appears more colorful and vivid. Like Battlefield and COD it is fast though, and the animations seem quite a bit smoother also IMO.
  • Feelee16
    1413 posts Member
    edited February 11
    @SrawDawg the reasons you like it is the reasons I don't lol, I definitely see what you're saying though. I would've liked battlefront only for star wars games to be a bit darker since it was supposed to focus on the troopers in battles. Less colorful, more gritty. If that makes sense. Imo It'd make it more unique compared to other SW titles that'd be released in the future.
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

@SrawDawg the reasons you like it is the reasons I don't lol, I definitely see what you're saying though. I would've liked battlefront only for star wars games to be a bit darker since it was supposed to focus on the troopers in battles. Less colorful, more gritty. If that makes sense. Imo It'd make it more unique compared to other SW titles that'd be released in the future.

For what it is worth, they probably will go to darker and gritty for future SW stuff. Look at the world today. The Joker and his gf are the #1 superheroes, Maleficent the villainess also now a top hero.

After the Man of Steel movie released Kevin Smith had a pod cast where he mentioned how dark the sup uniform had become, comparing it to the sup 3 junkyard scene with the split Clark Kent and evil Superman, that evil Superman colors. He went on to say how Superman unlike Batman should not be dark. I think the same thing applies to this franchise, I do not think you can do that to it as it is a family thing. But then again, Rogue One was kind of dark when I think about it.
  • Feelee16
    1413 posts Member
    edited February 14
    @SrawDawg Imo I doubt SW will get dark with Disney owning it now. Maybe with the games too. With battlefront mainly focusing on the battles then a story, I think it should've got a pass
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• It feels like a war of stuns.
  • Batman20
    2556 posts Member
    edited February 14
    It doesn't feel like a war game but neither did the last one and its not battlefield so the war theme isn't essential
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    It doesn't feel like a war game but neither did the last one and its not battlefield so doesn't really have to go for the war theme

Sure but for a game focusing on SW battles mainly I think it would be best to go for the war theme
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• Batman20
    2556 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Batman20 wrote: »
    It doesn't feel like a war game but neither did the last one and its not battlefield so doesn't really have to go for the war theme

Sure but for a game focusing on SW battles mainly I think it would be best to go for the war theme

Yeah I think the devs just spend more time trying to nail all the maps and heroes to be like the films rather than making it like a proper war game would be cool if they made it more like rogue one and games felt more intense but I don't have an issue with how supremacy and GA are now
  • Star Wars was originally made for kids, also the teen rating wouldn't allow what you described. Republic Commando is what you are looking for.
  • Star Wars was originally made for kids, also the teen rating wouldn't allow what you described. Republic Commando is what you are looking for.

Wasn't TFU rated T?
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

Star Wars was originally made for kids, also the teen rating wouldn't allow what you described. Republic Commando is what you are looking for.

Wasn't TFU rated T?

Yes every single Star Wars game ever is rated T
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• It doesn't and that has nothing to do with the rating. It's more about Overwatch heroes dominating the battlefield and MOBA like abilities going off left and right, including flashy shields and not-quite-secondary weapons pulled out of hammer space. The cheesier emotes obviously don't help. If they'd tone that stuff down and approach more reasonable class abilities such as those in Battlefield or BFII2005 it would do a lot.
  • I Mean Fallen Order didn't have limb detachment on humans must be a personal thing EA requested to avoid idk.
  • I Mean Fallen Order didn't have limb detachment on humans must be a personal thing EA requested to avoid idk.

Maybe. Hope we can see it in the future
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif