criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II - Feb 12th Patch - Release Notes

2Next

Replies

  • Psy3d
    1154 posts Member
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    Psy3d wrote: »
    I *think* you guys buffed DR for Vader's choke than reducing it :D

    Aware of the reports coming in regarding this, the team is currently going through the rollout phase of the patch and then will assess the reports coming in accordingly.

    Thanks. Please highlight these two for the team...
    1. General Grievous's Unrelenting Advance DOES NOT work if you're standing right in front of him, been broken since Jan patch and seems got worse. It only hits you if enemies are on his right/left side. Also the ball's spin move can cancel this move !?!
    2. Anakin's Heroic Might now is at Luke's old repulse level. Hits nothing and moreover even if he gets stuck in animation, which happens way often after being zapped by a shock or lightning, even after coming out it has there's a high chance of not doing any damage at random.

  • Balance
  • Wait... damage reduction INCREASED on Vader?! Killswitch now.
  • Alwe15
    2400 posts Member
    DragonFang wrote: »
    There's an amusing bug in Co-op that, when you WIN the match and the "Victory" animation comes up - the blue "Victory!" text turns into the red "Defeat!" text for a split second, and it starts playing the defeat music.

    Not really a major bug or anything that should take priority, but it happens surprisingly often.

    This might be linked to the team change bug. Did you continue on the same server to the next match?
  • Everyone is so dramatica.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Overall the BB-8 update and patch are good for the sake of new content and moving the game forward. Yet the new additions only cover some glaring issues, and many Heroes/Villains remain wildly unbalanced. In particular, I can’t believe what has happened to Palpatine! The Emperor previously had no block ability, and only 2 dodges. Now, he gets a significant nerf to all his damage and loses his slowing ability. The recent changes have left the Emperor unable to defend himself at all, and he is useless against a skilled player.

    Palpatine was already a difficult character. Success meant being elusive and shifty, timing your abilities just right, and using the area around you, as well as your own teammates(Go Darkside!), to manipulate your opponents. Now any schmuck with a force move and a sturdy lightsaber (I’m talking about you ANAKIN and LUKE) can defeat him with ease. Shooters as well we’re challenging enough to fight before, but are nearly impossible to defeat now. A blaster’s advantage should be in a crowded battlefield, not in a solo duel with the Sith Emperor.

    There are a lot of people asking for different things in the latest forum—and I noticed Vader got an adjustment—so I recognize the effort. This is just an issue going largely unnoticed, and I’m hoping to see a fix sooner rather than later. I could go into detail as to what the problems are with each ability, but the point seems moot. I’m sure this post won’t resonate well, as most people were upset they couldn’t chase down the shifty Emperor themselves. Yet I hope he is returned to his former glory anyway, because he added a nice depth to the game with his play style, and he punished saber characters who were too reckless to block. I REALLY HOPE DEVS NOTICE THIS!!!!


    p.s. Add a New level to Ewok Hunt! Maybe some more fun things to find/explore as well(PIES). Or, even a new hunt all together if you’re feeling real crazy. It’s a silly arcade mode but we all love it.
  • Has anyone else noticed Hans charge doesn't do any damage anymore? It registers but it doesn't actually do any damage.
  • Well my game crash and to be honest it doesn't surprise me one bit.
  • Starmasui73146
    2007 posts Member
    edited February 13
    I would love to shower you with praise devs. 🙂 I would love to cheer for your victory.
    I would love to expand on your long list of grand achievements. 🤗 Unfortunately though that is not what happened here. 😕

    The patch completely broke Co-Op, we now have characters teleporting 3 feet distances and after a while the game freezes for 4 minutes then kicks you completely out of the game back to the X-Box One home screen. 😔 The crashing is even worse then after the update before this one.

    Well I guess we'll need a patch for the patch.
    Garv72 wrote: »
    Just downloaded the latest update and now as soon as I play it crashes.
    I end up on my home screen. I’m on pc with nvidia GeForce 960 card.
    Same but X-Box One.
    Equinox wrote: »
    Well my game crashes and to be honest it doesn't surprise me one bit.
    😔
    Would be nice if something could be done about lagging problems
    Yeah the teleporting has gone epic proportions now.


    You can add two more on to the list: eternal loading screen for Jakku Co-Op and two of the same heroes (2 BB-8s, 2 Reys)...

    That makes 3 major mega bugs since the Feb 12th patch today.
    1.) Co-Op freezing for 4 minutes and being booted out to X-Box home menu, same with PC.
    2.) Co-Op AI characters intermittent transporting 3 feet due to lag
    3.) intermittent eternal loading screen for Co-Op map
    4.) two of the same hero spawning in in Co-Op


    Dang this bug makes the inaccurate firing Destroyer Droids and there odd fire stance to roll, to fire, shield down...look like child's play.

    cosworth99 wrote: »
    Specialist is still badly broken. Fix a class before a hero for once.
    The sniper rifles is very hard to get kills (unless you get a head shot), it usually requires 3 shots to drop Heavy's which seems waaaaaay to much but oh well.

    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • @F8RGE The crashing out of BF2 to HOME on XBOX has not been addressed at all. Please see the post concerning this under GAMEPLAY discussion.....
  • Well I have an update. Good news. I have played three straight matches of Co-Op. No crashes to speak of finally. Yeaaaaah. 😃🤗

    “There is always hope.”
  • I've crashed in HVV to home screen PS4.

    Lol. DICE sucks.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hello there,

    It’s been great watching your reactions to the arrival of both BB-8 and BB-9E last week

    An actual representation of my reaction to the arrival of BB8 and BB9
    xyonoslqssz2.gif


  • moistboii wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Hello there,

    It’s been great watching your reactions to the arrival of both BB-8 and BB-9E last week

    An actual representation of my reaction to the arrival of BB8 and BB9
    xyonoslqssz2.gif


    Hahaha

    Yep, I actually go "Oh really?" when the droids are the only heroes available on a 4000 point screen. No thanks.
  • JohnColt78 wrote: »
    moistboii wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Hello there,

    It’s been great watching your reactions to the arrival of both BB-8 and BB-9E last week

    An actual representation of my reaction to the arrival of BB8 and BB9
    xyonoslqssz2.gif


    Hahaha

    Yep, I actually go "Oh really?" when the droids are the only heroes available on a 4000 point screen. No thanks.

    Both BB8 and 9 are still level 1 for me....literally no playing time for either one lol
  • Taking down a full health Vader by whipping him to death with BB-8's cables is funny and awesome.
  • Starmasui73146
    2007 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Taking down a full health Vader by whipping him to death with BB-8's cables is funny and awesome.
    Darth Vader deserves it, dang toddler slayer. Go BB-8.

    Regarding BB-8: it is really odd but I die way faster as BB-8 then BB-9E and BB-8 has the higher health bar, weird.

    Both droids it is best to use gorilla warfare tactics, hit and retreat, hit and retreat...you'll live longer. Also for CP capturing they are worth 2 people on the CP encouraging there use. One cools over heat the other bacta health. They are very useful but the individual using them needs to be cautious and aware of their surroundings. I suggest the use of a whole lot of radar scans.
    moistboii wrote: »
    Both BB8 and 9 are still level 1 for me....literally no playing time for either one lol
    To each his own I guess. My BB-9E just went all purple star cards. My BB-8 is nearly all blue star cards.





    JohnColt78 wrote: »
    Yep, I actually go "Oh really?" when the droids are the only heroes available on a 4000 point screen. No thanks.

    moistboii and John Colt- Droids are not for everyone, I find it funny zapping video game characters. But then again I am a kid at heart. 🙂
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • I like the efforts for game overall, improvement mostly, the big problem is that my game froze, and now with the repair install, i get the screen jitters, strobe effect, like the rubber banding lags that SWBF 1 had for a long time. I lowered all of my graphics to almost minimal, still, some game freezing and motion jitters. I have had people comment on this while in game also, lag server or in game issues? I did not have this issue before this last update.
    Thank You,
    Sincerely
    K
    a95pbmyc83iu.jpg
    =^.^=
  • Starmasui73146
    2007 posts Member
    edited February 17
    Kattz wrote: »
    I like the efforts for game overall, improvement mostly, the big problem is that my game froze, and now with the repair install, i get the screen jitters, strobe effect, like the rubber banding lags that SWBF 1 had for a long time. I lowered all of my graphics to almost minimal, still, some game freezing and motion jitters. I have had people comment on this while in game also, lag server or in game issues? I did not have this issue before this last update.
    Thank You,
    Sincerely
    K

    Before the update before this patch I had zero crashes for like a real long time. After the update before this patch I started getting crashes. Then this patch came Feb 12th and crashes were literally every match of Co-Op. Oddly the crashing stopped as servers became less busy. This tells me it is the EA server not able to handle the load. But then why didn't this occur before? Is it because the game is now more popular then ever? Let's assume for a minute there is more to it then that. What if some how the last patch made things worse? What if the server was already struggling but some how a bug from the last patch nearly crippled it. Now I'm not sure how....grant it I'm no tech guy but it's just a brainstorm.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • can you please fix the fact that when Darth Vader choke someone out of the map it doesn't count as a kill?
  • Psy3d
    1154 posts Member
    edited February 16
    @T0TALfps Please add this new bugs which only showed up on this patch...
    • When Anakin's heroic might gets interrupted, the middle icon flashes and goes to refund mode where it starts filling up again. But as it fills up Anakin can't attack/block (i.e. R1/RT and L2/LT doesn't work) apart from jump and/or dodge for good milliseconds. Here's an example retribution failing the same way
    • Vader's choke fails most of the time on uneven ground and when you sneak in the choke right after a dodge - which is actually still choking the target and giving damage without the animation. Also not everyone in the choke's cone range gets choked and/or gets the damage.
    Post edited by Psy3d on
  • For some reason the hit boxes feel worse. Don't know why.
  • Various crashes in Xbox One X with the last patch.

  • Starmasui73146
    2007 posts Member
    edited February 17
    I was playing Co-Op yesterday in party chat and both times my friend and I played on Takodana we were kicked out and given error code 209. Sooooo it is not my internet connection it is indeed the EA servers. Yes I reported it in the bug section.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I was really hoping for adding Atmos audio support in the game like Battlefront I.
  • Psy3d
    1154 posts Member
    r9800pro wrote: »
    I was really hoping for adding Atmos audio support in the game like Battlefront I.

    Dolby Atmos support was only for PC version for the first SW:BF. Xbox version never did but it can emulate everything to Dolby Atmos if you set your X to it. BF2 on X1X IMHO sounds way better than ps4pro/PC anyway through the forced Dolby Atmos using existing surround sound capability the game has for 5.1/7.1.
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    r9800pro wrote: »
    I was really hoping for adding Atmos audio support in the game like Battlefront I.

    Dolby Atmos support was only for PC version for the first SW:BF. Xbox version never did but it can emulate everything to Dolby Atmos if you set your X to it. BF2 on X1X IMHO sounds way better than ps4pro/PC anyway through the forced Dolby Atmos using existing surround sound capability the game has for 5.1/7.1.

    I can't understand that a AAA war game like this or the Battlefield V don't support the Dolby Atmos sound. It could be an incredible sound experience.

  • Is there a second content release for this month? I'm adamant I've seen it mentioned before?
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Is there a second content release for this month? I'm adamant I've seen it mentioned before?

    Patch next week that introduces the OT to Co-Op and IA, along with bug fixes.
  • Alwe15
    2400 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Is there a second content release for this month? I'm adamant I've seen it mentioned before?

    Patch next week that introduces the OT to Co-Op and IA, along with bug fixes.

    Yay!!

    Does it include Scarif for Coop and IA or is that in March?

    @grimmace2
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Is there a second content release for this month? I'm adamant I've seen it mentioned before?

    Patch next week that introduces the OT to Co-Op and IA, along with bug fixes.

    Yay!!

    Does it include Scarif for Coop and IA or is that in March?

    @grimmace2

    Scarif is "not this month." I believe it's tentatively scheduled for March, but devs are playing safe by not actually saying March, in case there are unexpected delays.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Is there a second content release for this month? I'm adamant I've seen it mentioned before?

    Patch next week that introduces the OT to Co-Op and IA, along with bug fixes.

    Yay!!

    Does it include Scarif for Coop and IA or is that in March?

    @grimmace2

    Scarif is "not this month." I believe it's tentatively scheduled for March, but devs are playing safe by not actually saying March, in case there are unexpected delays.

    Thank you 👍🏼
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    DragonFang wrote: »
    There's an amusing bug in Co-op that, when you WIN the match and the "Victory" animation comes up - the blue "Victory!" text turns into the red "Defeat!" text for a split second, and it starts playing the defeat music.

    Not really a major bug or anything that should take priority, but it happens surprisingly often.

    This might be linked to the team change bug. Did you continue on the same server to the next match?

    I usually do. You're probably right. Sorry for the late reply, didn't get a notif.
  • Alwe15
    2400 posts Member
    DragonFang wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    DragonFang wrote: »
    There's an amusing bug in Co-op that, when you WIN the match and the "Victory" animation comes up - the blue "Victory!" text turns into the red "Defeat!" text for a split second, and it starts playing the defeat music.

    Not really a major bug or anything that should take priority, but it happens surprisingly often.

    This might be linked to the team change bug. Did you continue on the same server to the next match?

    I usually do. You're probably right. Sorry for the late reply, didn't get a notif.

    Just a suggestion ☺

    I had the blue victory, immediately followed by the red defeat with a horrible mix of the two different tunes...next match, solo vs Coop 3...
  • Y’all are actually excited for an IA and Co Op update?
  • Y’all are actually excited for an IA and Co Op update?

    Yep. Coop is good fun.
  • what if you just buf the entire game
  • anakin is so bugged right now =/ sad
  • Any possibility we could see “reinforcements” and “hero’s” as menu selections for enemy class in arcade?
Sign In or Register to comment.