criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why Stop At Scarif?

RetroIsland
200 posts Member
edited February 16
What would be your thoughts about the devs adding not only Scarif to OT CS but some of the other BF15 maps like sullest,Jaku (the OT jaku), cloud city,etc.
jk9ffo12vzcf.jpeg
e9shnoccb67o.jpeg
mrnbp1s9wnjo.jpeg
Post edited by RetroIsland on

Replies

  • Why stop at Scarif?
    Because the game is at 100GB

    That aside the BF2015 maps should have all been ported ages ago, would much prefer them over the few brand new maps.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why stop at Scarif?
    Because the game is at 100GB

    That aside the BF2015 maps should have all been ported ages ago, would much prefer them over the few brand new maps.

    Yeah I don’t understand how the game got that big, there of plenty of games that add frequent content that don’t become such large files
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why stop at Scarif?
    Because the game is at 100GB

    That aside the BF2015 maps should have all been ported ages ago, would much prefer them over the few brand new maps.

    Yeah I don’t understand how the game got that big, there of plenty of games that add frequent content that don’t become such large files

    I think it has something to do with the small dev team, they must lack positions that specialize in compressing the files.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why stop at Scarif?
    Because the game is at 100GB

    That aside the BF2015 maps should have all been ported ages ago, would much prefer them over the few brand new maps.

    Yeah I don’t understand how the game got that big, there of plenty of games that add frequent content that don’t become such large files

    I think it has something to do with the small dev team, they must lack positions that specialize in compressing the files.

    IF, it one day it gets ported over to ps5 for one last push in the future, they can hopefully compress it
  • I think in the industrie it's called "lame" to copy and paste from older games but the additions to BF2 are free of charge so it's somewhat ok to do it. But don't think it's that simple to use older maps. I am sure the Frostbite engine has undergone a lot of changes during the last couple of years. The texture sets need to be sharpened, the memory usage optimized and so on, so one might as well create a new map from scratch in less time but that's just my assumption.
  • Sath wrote: »
    I think in the industrie it's called "lame" to copy and paste from older games but the additions to BF2 are free of charge so it's somewhat ok to do it. But don't think it's that simple to use older maps. I am sure the Frostbite engine has undergone a lot of changes during the last couple of years. The texture sets need to be sharpened, the memory usage optimized and so on, so one might as well create a new map from scratch in less time but that's just my assumption.

    In other games, the DLCs that adds fan-favorite maps from older games are some of the most popular.

    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I would prefer some new maps instead of the old ones.
    Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed.
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

    f0n7hn9hl0zy.jpg
  • Definitely Bespin.
    Also how about porting the DS Trench Run into SA while we're at it? By far the cleanest and most immersive version of the trench run ever created, shame its stuck behind DLC that also requires you to be in the third phase of a map.
  • I'd love it... would also prefer to get Bf15's Hoth back (aka Outpost Beta) alongside Walker Assault
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

    Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why stop at Scarif?
    Because the game is at 100GB

    That aside the BF2015 maps should have all been ported ages ago, would much prefer them over the few brand new maps.

    Yeah I don’t understand how the game got that big, there of plenty of games that add frequent content that don’t become such large files

    I think it has something to do with the small dev team, they must lack positions that specialize in compressing the files.

    IF, it one day it gets ported over to ps5 for one last push in the future, they can hopefully compress it

    I don't know about this. COD is getting pretty fat. Although they do add a bit more. But games are so much bigger nowdays its crazy. I have Republic Commando on my Xbox and its like 5 GB. Thats smaller than a update for this game
  • Nothing says they'll be stopping. A few months ago, we didn't have ST CS and Scarif was unthinkable. Now OT CS is coming and so is Scarif. Nobody knows what the future holds up for the game. Always remember how so many people said this game would lose support after March 2019.
  • DarthJ
    7081 posts Member
    I'd love to see Cloud City in Supremacy, loved Sullust and the BF15 Hoth and Endor maps, but wouldnt be mad if they dont come.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I'd love to see Cloud City in Supremacy, loved Sullust and the BF15 Hoth and Endor maps, but wouldnt be mad if they dont come.

    Star Wars is a gold mine. There's enough content to keep going for another 5 years. Maps, heroes, blaster, reinforcements. If EA were smart, this game wouldn't even remotely be close to be near its end. There's so much potential.
  • Ajan Kloss is a garbage map. There's nothing unique about it aside there's some (non explorable) caves next to a parked ship. It's just a grassy jungle type map with some hills. It's bland. The ship interiors are nice but A-K is kinda meh imo. Nothing like Sullust or Twilight on Hoth or Survivors of Endor from BF2015.
  • Ajan Kloss is a garbage map. There's nothing unique about it aside there's some (non explorable) caves next to a parked ship. It's just a grassy jungle type map with some hills. It's bland. The ship interiors are nice but A-K is kinda meh imo. Nothing like Sullust or Twilight on Hoth or Survivors of Endor from BF2015.

    I think Ajan Kloss is great to play on, it’s Very unique and fun to roam around
  • Bespin for CS, GA and SA!
  • Lothal-1.jpeg

    latest?cb=20161205092525

    star-wars-rebels-3.jpg?w=2700&h=1519

    atollon_2b7a5ec2.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960

    7fe72114a69c86cf-600x338.jpg

    atollon-at-ats_4899861e.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720
  • lowell wrote: »
    Lothal-1.jpeg

    latest?cb=20161205092525

    star-wars-rebels-3.jpg?w=2700&h=1519

    atollon_2b7a5ec2.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960

    7fe72114a69c86cf-600x338.jpg

    atollon-at-ats_4899861e.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720

    Lothal could work but I don't think Atollon would be a good map. There's nothing there, it's just a barren wasteland
  • anidriX wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Lothal-1.jpeg

    latest?cb=20161205092525

    star-wars-rebels-3.jpg?w=2700&h=1519

    atollon_2b7a5ec2.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960

    7fe72114a69c86cf-600x338.jpg

    atollon-at-ats_4899861e.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720

    Lothal could work but I don't think Atollon would be a good map. There's nothing there, it's just a barren wasteland

    I mean, Atollon would be cool for CS. I'd loved to see Rebels attacking the Interdictors:



    I wonder where Lucasfilm got the inspiration from for the Exegol battle to include that particular attack on the Steadfast.

    space-horse.jpg
  • lowell wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Lothal-1.jpeg

    latest?cb=20161205092525

    star-wars-rebels-3.jpg?w=2700&h=1519

    atollon_2b7a5ec2.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960

    7fe72114a69c86cf-600x338.jpg

    atollon-at-ats_4899861e.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720

    Lothal could work but I don't think Atollon would be a good map. There's nothing there, it's just a barren wasteland

    I mean, Atollon would be cool for CS. I'd loved to see Rebels attacking the Interdictors:



    I wonder where Lucasfilm got the inspiration from for the Exegol battle to include that particular attack on the Steadfast.

    space-horse.jpg

    As of today, the devs have said OT won't have a ship phase. I really liked Rebels but I have to admit there are far too many much better planets before we could even start thinking about Atollon.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Lothal-1.jpeg

    latest?cb=20161205092525

    star-wars-rebels-3.jpg?w=2700&h=1519

    atollon_2b7a5ec2.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960

    7fe72114a69c86cf-600x338.jpg

    atollon-at-ats_4899861e.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720

    Lothal could work but I don't think Atollon would be a good map. There's nothing there, it's just a barren wasteland

    I mean, Atollon would be cool for CS. I'd loved to see Rebels attacking the Interdictors:



    I wonder where Lucasfilm got the inspiration from for the Exegol battle to include that particular attack on the Steadfast.

    space-horse.jpg

    As of today, the devs have said OT won't have a ship phase. I really liked Rebels but I have to admit there are far too many much better planets before we could even start thinking about Atollon.

    I mean, for my part, I do want to see other Imperial ships being used in the CS maps, not just Star Destroyers. I guess Scarif only had the Corvettes hitting the ISDs but there was no Alliance infantry attacking them.

    I guess they're going after more existing maps in the game after Scarif and then after that, they'll go after Rebels and the Marvel Comics for more OT content.

    And there are some battles I would like to see in the game:

    68_27.jpg

    I mean, even for Bespin, Luke, Leia, Lando, and Chewie are coming back to it in the post-ESB comics. I would like to see an Imperial-occupied Bespin map in the game made from scratch based on that event rather than ported Battlefront 2015 maps.

    The devs are fans of Rebels and the Marvel Comics and they probably have interesting ideas that might surpass the excitment ported content will bring to the game.
  • Feelee16
    2201 posts Member
    edited February 12
    @lowell they'll probably just throw imperial flags around the map like vardos if they do that. Doubt it'll look that different
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    @lowell they'll probably just throw imperial flags around the map like vardos if they do that. Doubt it'll look that different

    I don't know about that, with the addition of Commander Zahra as a new foil to the guys, it's setting up some interesting things that even Shadows of the Empire didn't touch back then.
    15.jpg

    16.jpg

    19.jpg

    28.jpg

    Even the Vader post-ESB comic is touching new ground:

    29.jpg

    30.jpg

    31.jpg

    33.jpg

    34.jpg
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Would be a nice padme skin even though I doubt it's her
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    Would be a nice padme skin even though I doubt it's her

    It's not her exactly but you know, Vader's still obsessed with her in his memories.

    I'll give you a hint: this was likely already set up in Queen's Shadow

    91JhTQBZyML.jpg

    But if you've haven't read the novel:
    Sabé wanted to investigate Padme's death post-ROTS.
  • Feelee16
    2201 posts Member
    edited February 12
    lowell wrote: »
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    Would be a nice padme skin even though I doubt it's her

    It's not her exactly but you know, Vader's still obsessed with her in his memories.

    I'll give you a hint: this was likely already set up in Queen's Shadow

    91JhTQBZyML.jpg

    But if you've haven't read the novel:
    Sabé wanted to investigate Padme's death post-ROTS.

    Yeah, that's what I thought. Would be a twist if it actually is her though. Not sure how I'd feel about it if it really is
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    Would be a nice padme skin even though I doubt it's her

    It's not her exactly but you know, Vader's still obsessed with her in his memories.

    I'll give you a hint: this was likely already set up in Queen's Shadow

    91JhTQBZyML.jpg

    But if you've haven't read the novel:
    Sabé wanted to investigate Padme's death post-ROTS.

    Yeah, that's what I thought. Would be a twist if it actually is her though. Not sure how I'd feel about it if it really is

    I mean, I kinda had a feeling this Vader-Padme obsession arc was going to be addressed anyway, the previous two Vader comics had started to dive into it but this post-ESB series is probably going to be the one to finish it off.

    Resolving Vader and Padme sort of contributes to Anakin's return in ROTJ, the catalyst that will turn him back to the light side. If he couldn't save her, he might as well save the kids.
  • Honestly at this point in the game’s life I’m more excited for the return of old favorites than new maps. Supremacy on Sullust, 2015 Endor and Cloud City, and some Cargo with the return of Rebel Depot, Goazon Badlands and Death Star Hangar. That’s my pipe dream content drop for this year’s OT.
  • Honestly at this point in the game’s life I’m more excited for the return of old favorites than new maps. Supremacy on Sullust, 2015 Endor and Cloud City, and some Cargo with the return of Rebel Depot, Goazon Badlands and Death Star Hangar. That’s my pipe dream content drop for this year’s OT.

    I mean, if Lucasfilm wasn't making more non-film OT content in the canon, I'd agree with you. But even the devs are fans and they've probably been waiting for the right moment to bring in these new elements for the player base.
  • 37odkfgd7xp2.jpeg

    Just look at that sunset! Beautimus maximus. I would also love for Lothal to be added. It would make for a great OT Supremacy map, an urban city kinda place, i would also make it to where you can go in and on top of the buildings on the Lothal map.

    ml55cnrpwgct.png
    I would make Lothal mainly in the urban city area.... but there would also be a command post or two outside of the city in the Lothal plains....

    5qtychi38t9h.png
    As i said a couple of Supremacy command posts would split off to the Lothal plains also, so i'd be like a mix of urban city area/open field kind of map... but it would mainly be an urban city map.

    bcu8wznix4wm.png
    The bottom image is Lothal after ROTJ.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Honestly at this point in the game’s life I’m more excited for the return of old favorites than new maps. Supremacy on Sullust, 2015 Endor and Cloud City, and some Cargo with the return of Rebel Depot, Goazon Badlands and Death Star Hangar. That’s my pipe dream content drop for this year’s OT.

    I miss those Tatooine maps, especially the Rebel Depot and Raider Camp with those canyons and rock faces. Great map to play the small modes, especially drop zone.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    Honestly at this point in the game’s life I’m more excited for the return of old favorites than new maps. Supremacy on Sullust, 2015 Endor and Cloud City, and some Cargo with the return of Rebel Depot, Goazon Badlands and Death Star Hangar. That’s my pipe dream content drop for this year’s OT.

    I miss those Tatooine maps, especially the Rebel Depot and Raider Camp with those canyons and rock faces. Great map to play the small modes, especially drop zone.

    I have to say apart outside of the first arc of the Marvel main Star Wars comic (post-ANH), the main characters never come back to Tatooine until ROTJ. The GCW never even reached Tatooine, basically making it somewhat of a neutral world.

    Vader has only come back two times during the OT era, when he found out Luke's identity and being his son post-ANH and another after he fought Luke on Bespin.

    Even if you saw the Mandalorian Season 1, once the GCW was over, it was mostly ghost towns, now that Jabba's presence is gone and so is most of the Empire.
  • Definitely Bespin.
    Also how about porting the DS Trench Run into SA while we're at it? By far the cleanest and most immersive version of the trench run ever created, shame its stuck behind DLC that also requires you to be in the third phase of a map.

    This! Trench run was amazing!!
  • Bespin cloud city map is a must it's perfect for supremacy
  • If we have multiple maps for CS would you prefer every OT hero available to select or only 4 picked out for the specific map?
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    Bespin cloud city map is a must it's perfect for supremacy

    I wonder if having the base of the city map is enough to potentially bring it over
  • If we have multiple maps for CS would you prefer every OT hero available to select or only 4 picked out for the specific map?

    Don't see why having 5 avaiable per side would be an issue.
    Heroes: Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, Lando
    Villians: Vader, Palpatine, Boba, Iden, Bossk

    One heck of a shoot out for sure :lol:
    PSN: SarcasticEditor
  • One of the many things I miss about battlefront 2015 is its small maps, the dlc maps were some of the best maps in that game, they should really consider getting these guys over to show off their unplayed glory
    sabiu3azhf67.png
    1ltdboig0dgd.png
    816xeyrttp7v.png
    3700edjsju98.png
    91lvap6rus2d.png
    v9xxi8qsv0oj.png
  • RetroIsland
    200 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Even the standard small maps of 2015 were so fun to play on
    l2tjrhq6g94i.png
    f89tdil3p37z.png
    2ezipdzhobse.png
    09lu2yf8bilo.png
    yyd26qhngu1q.png
    ayxusa5swe2x.png
    d2fkoszkmzo2.png
    dddzb4vhyo97.png
    csfk742q0c3d.png

  • Batman20 wrote: »
    Bespin cloud city map is a must it's perfect for supremacy

    I wonder if having the base of the city map is enough to potentially bring it over

    I mean, in 2 weeks and in March, we'll be seeing more of Cloud City post-ESB in the Marvel Comics.

    Could give DICE the inspiration to make from scratch a Imperial-occupied Bespin map.
  • Even the standard small maps of 2015 were so fun to play on
    l2tjrhq6g94i.png
    f89tdil3p37z.png
    2ezipdzhobse.png
    09lu2yf8bilo.png
    yyd26qhngu1q.png
    ayxusa5swe2x.png
    d2fkoszkmzo2.png
    dddzb4vhyo97.png
    csfk742q0c3d.png

    The small maps definitely need to be ported, wouldn't take long either.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Rax
    53 posts Member
    Bespin seems like a realistic request. Cloud City was such a great map and would suit Supremacy, Co-op and Instant Action so perfectly. Seems to me a lot of us are thinking the same thing in wishing that it would get added.
  • Rax wrote: »
    Bespin seems like a realistic request. Cloud City was such a great map and would suit Supremacy, Co-op and Instant Action so perfectly. Seems to me a lot of us are thinking the same thing in wishing that it would get added.

    We can hope
Sign In or Register to comment.