criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Vader's Force Choke

JBSeptim
112 posts Member
edited February 12
Just no. Too strong. I don't see many Vaders abusing it to the extend I do, but I usually go out of rounds with having more than half of my team's kills, 2 deaths maximum and 30% more points than any other player. This ability enables him to do too many things:

- He can now defeat groups that attack him from two different sides, by turning to one, grap them and turn to the other side again.
- He can take a bunch of people out of running combats for a while, dealing free damage to them and not even open up to do so.
- He can now block blasters while he chokes, which guarantees that all blocked blaster fire hits the choked enemies.
- He can still immobilize a bunch of people completely and land 1-2 hits before they can recover.
- He can now activate Fury while he is choking enemies, so that the damage dealt in the hits he can land on falling enemies is even higher and he does not need to give up his block for it anymore.
- With Fury, maximum duration choke and a Saber Throw he can now kill any foes with less than 500HP without them being able to do anything about it.
- He can still choke people off the edge, straightout killing them without having any chance to escape.
- It is the only ability that does not disable the player's ability to block, but still grants immunity against stuns and throws.

I'm being honest here, this ability exists in other games as a mod with names like "Hand of God" or stuff like that. It enables him to just beat up whole teams all alone.

Seriously, undo that change. Vader is god now in HvV. The only working strategy against him is fighting his teammates and run away when he comes and PRAY that his choke doesn't hit you from behind when you are running.
Post edited by JBSeptim on

Replies

• elder_morpheus
    26 posts Member
    edited February 12
    DICE have altered his stats, pray they do not alter it any further.
  • DICE has altered his stats, pray they do not alter it any further.

Can you tell me how exactly? I didn't hear of that actually, so this is something I'd really like to know. Was it a nerf or a buff? I'd assume a nerf?
  • JBSeptim wrote: »
    DICE has altered his stats, pray they do not alter it any further.

Can you tell me how exactly? I didn't hear of that actually, so this is something I'd really like to know. Was it a nerf or a buff? I'd assume a nerf?

Yeah the update today, or yesterday. It nerfed his damage reduction when he chokes. So if you are hit from the back, it's no longer 70% damage reduction while choking, it's 25% i think. Still, he's very powerful even with that nerf.
  • Oh, that is very good to know actually! And very helpful. If they remove his CC immunity on top of that (he can block after all), I'd actually be fine already.
    I know this was made for the bigger modes, there it makes sense, I bet, but in HvV this ability is just insane, so removing the immunity is a nerf that pretty much only appears on HvV, which is just what we need now.
  • JBSeptim
    112 posts Member
    edited February 13
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/iy/n46yrach2yzv.jpg

Something has to happen though, this is a bit too much 😅
    Post edited by JBSeptim on