criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

BB-8 Should Be Immune To Force Choke

He's a droid and has no neck to choke.

Replies

• Makes sense to me.
  • They could instead have force choke act as a stun preventing the hero from moving and attacking or have it only freeze movement still allowing the hero to perform attacks. Agreed. Force choke a machine. lol.
  • There alot of things that don't make sense in this game. Get used to it.

• Can I still cry about it on my own time.

plz!
  • As far as I know force choke is a form of force grip and so it is fine that he can lift and crush BB-8.
    In my opinion Vader should be able to force grip vehicles and damage them, but this would need some other tweak, but would make it more authentic.
    So it's fine for me, thatt vader can ForceChoke /Grip BB-8.
    Greetings.
  • Lifting vehicles would be a awesome mechanic. Vehicles could also be staggered and pushed back from force throwing pulling and pushing abilities. The bb 8 comment makes sense to some extent it makes since that he is affected by force abilities but there should be a way for bb8 and other blaster users to get out of force abilities a block of some kind since they can’t block lightsabers.
  • I don't need to read the context All Droids Should be immune to Force Choke that means BB 8 BD and BB9E
  • Force choke strangles living victims by using the force to form a un seeable grip around the targets neck choking them which can cause lung damage spinal damage or death
  • They could instead have force choke act as a stun preventing the hero from moving and attacking or have it only freeze movement still allowing the hero to perform attacks. Agreed. Force choke a machine. lol.

That is Kylo Ren's Force Freeze Darth Vader's Force Choke is different it is meant to damage living victims not droids
  • @Claire, your player movement, when you're playing as a living creature, is still stopped when being choked by Vader.
    When Vader performs force choke on let's say, Luke, Luke's movement temporarily stops. He isn't allowed to continue to move around while being choked. Vader's Choke stops movement and does damage. Probably why we've seen Vader lift up the opponent. So they don't run. In the movies (OT), while he's choking someone, that person is able to twist, turn, and move their arms because most reach up to their neck.

This is why BB8 should either take no damage and have its movement stopped or take damage and have its movement stopped as currently. Devs could say Vader's "Choke" is able to do damage to critical circuitry within the droid.
  • Let's just say @ULTIMATEMurloc that Vader needs a complete rework and if his force choke will affect droids then it needs to be called force Crush which is a different force ability all together and one that anakin uses on droids in the clone wars that kills living creatures completely due to the fact their organs are being crushed during the event which will make more sense for the droid to be caught in it

In this way it kills Classes outright but stuns and slightly damages other heros in HVV
  • Claire wrote: »
    Let's just say @ULTIMATEMurloc that Vader needs a complete rework and if his force choke will affect droids then it needs to be called force Crush which is a different force ability all together and one that anakin uses on droids in the clone wars that kills living creatures completely due to the fact their organs are being crushed during the event which will make more sense for the droid to be caught in it

In this way it kills Classes outright but stuns and slightly damages other heros in HVV

Know what infact let's rework HVV make it in that mode Heros deal same amount of base damage regardless of Blaster Light saber or Melee
    Base damage in HVV is 50 damage
    Abilities that deal damage besides weaponry like Idens Sniper will deal 25 damage
    Hero health remains untouched 400 to 900 hp depending on the DPS to Tank character
    Like 900 Vader or 500 Yoda( If I'm remembering right)
    Ability recharge is increased in HVV

Abilities involving weapons like Idens Sniper Yoda and Luke's dash strikes and passionate strike will only deal 30 Damage and passionate strike is dodgable during the animation phase
    Boosk explosive barrage will deal 15 damage
    His Dioxis will only deal 5 damage and continuous damage as long as they're in the gas cloud
    And boosk can only recover 10 health from it

Think about it HVV will be a fair battlegrounds after this where team management is key to victory and those worrying about kills and upgrading will fail and cost the team respawns
  • JBSeptim
    112 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Claire wrote: »

Know what infact let's rework HVV make it in that mode Heros deal same amount of base damage regardless of Blaster Light saber or Melee
    Base damage in HVV is 50 damage
    Abilities that deal damage besides weaponry like Idens Sniper will deal 25 damage
    Hero health remains untouched 400 to 900 hp depending on the DPS to Tank character
    Like 900 Vader or 500 Yoda( If I'm remembering right)
    Ability recharge is increased in HVV

Abilities involving weapons like Idens Sniper Yoda and Luke's dash strikes and passionate strike will only deal 30 Damage and passionate strike is dodgable during the animation phase
    Boosk explosive barrage will deal 15 damage
    His Dioxis will only deal 5 damage and continuous damage as long as they're in the gas cloud
    And boosk can only recover 10 health from it

Think about it HVV will be a fair battlegrounds after this where team management is key to victory and those worrying about kills and upgrading will fail and cost the team respawns

That sounds like a nightmare to me. Please tell me you're being sarcastic.