criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Doesn't feel like battlefront

Prev1
F3N15H1
72 posts Member
edited February 13
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks that way, but the game only cares about the heroes and maps of the game. In my opnion battlefront was supposed to be about soldiers, heroes were to be the extra in the match, but the game only comes up with new heroes and maps, the soldier stuff is missing, and I mean new guns and cards or new features, and even skins, there are only new clone skins, the difference is 21 clone skins and 5 - 4 or 0 to other factions.

The game lack content for the base of the game, and new special troops are cool to add, but every single special unit (enforcers and heroes alike) overpower the 4 base troops so much, that u just can't kill them if there aren't many players around. And Starfighters were forgotten, no new stuff in a long time.
Also, the new game modes have only heroes from it's era, but the old modes aren't updated to be the same.

Anyway, what y'all think?

edit: I mean it's nice to have a star wars herores vs villains pvp game and etc, but they totally changed the game's idea. It's meant to be like... the star wars battlefield, soldiers, ground vehicles, starfighters, gunfights, they could even make a lightsaber only mode, with not protagonist jedi and sith y'all know, like a bunch of base hp, lightsabers soldiers for the clone wars era idk. In battlefront I want to soldier up, not play the hero.
Post edited by F3N15H1 on

Replies

• Agree with you... The game is too much focused on heroes and (in second place) reinforcements.
    Starfighters? Removed
    Troops: just to farm battle points
    Tanks/at st: just in some maps, and people ask for nerf because saber heroes can't counter... Because infantry is just there to farm battles points, right? It's a wasted opportunity to equip anti-veichles weapons/gadgets.
    Speeders: useless
    Air/land Transports: not available
  • Agreed... focus is too much on heroes these days..
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • You are absolutely right man! While I love having the heroes in the game (it is Star Wars after all) for me Battlefront was supposed to be a trooper focused game.
  • Sath
    334 posts Member
    Next weekend is for you buddy.
  • Sath wrote: »

With no vehicles around? Meh
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Sath wrote: »

It’s still only a weekend
  • ^This...
  • I agree
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• quenaelin
    1128 posts Member
    edited February 13
    quenaelin wrote: »
    I disagree, Battlefront was never trooper only game. There has been heroes in every Battlefront game released. Now this game has even trooper only events and trooper only game modes for those who love trooper only gameplay. Star Wars Battlefront was never and I hope it never will be trooper only game.

Battlefront 1 2004 was Trooper only and that game was awesome. Battlefront 2005 only allowed 1 person to be the hero and even then they still died rather quickly. Both those games are better than Battlefront 2015 and Battlefront 2017

I haven't played 2004 version only 2005 version, according to wiki 2004 version had also non-playable heroes?

Anyway, my point is that Battlefront doesn't feel like Battlefront without heroes.
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    I disagree, Battlefront was never trooper only game. There has been heroes in every Battlefront game released. Now this game has even trooper only events and trooper only game modes for those who love trooper only gameplay. Star Wars Battlefront was never and I hope it never will be trooper only game.

Battlefront 1 2004 was Trooper only and that game was awesome. Battlefront 2005 only allowed 1 person to be the hero and even then they still died rather quickly. Both those games are better than Battlefront 2015 and Battlefront 2017

I haven't played 2004 version only 2005 version, according to wiki 2004 version had also non-playable heroes?

Anyway, my point is that Battlefront doesn't feel like Battlefront without heroes.

Does to me. I played the hell out of Galactic Conquest in BF2005 and I almost never equipped the hero bonus.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• You are not alone, my friend. What they just did to the Heavy might have been the last straw for me.

Does to me. I played the hell out of Galactic Conquest in BF2005 and I almost never equipped the hero bonus.

I used hero all the time and it was most fun aspect of the game. To be able to eliminate troopers without so much effort, it was fun and still is and this is what makes this game Battlefront game.
  • DarthJ
    7079 posts Member

I loved both of those games - I remember the non-playable heroes and supporting them on the battlefront. Think it was Windu for the Republic, Dooku for CIS, Luke for Rebels and Vader for Empire if I remember rightly

I agree to a point - I think heroes need to be in, as people remember Star Wars for its heroes and villains. I love being a hero personally.

BUT I also agree on trooper only play which would be great. A mode covering that would have been fun. Whther thats a conquest trooper only mode or turning point.

As it stands, supremacy feels the most like battlefront to me. Galactic assault is fun but too linear.
  • I agree but think this is fresh in everyone's mind after last weekend, hopefully this weekend proves better. I'm not a fan of how the reinforcements render the base troopers, and even some weaker heroes/villains, obsolete.

If you're on XBox, Battlefront 2004 is on Games with Gold come Feb 16.
  • Agreed.

More cannon fodder modes plz. Heroes encourage d-baggery, look at literally every Yootoober.

2 minutes of trooper then ignore objectives and farm kills. I'd like to play war away from those people.

Oh and this of course would mean adding more blasters.
  • quenaelin
    1128 posts Member
    edited February 13
    AW_Cramer wrote: »

The Battlefront franchise was always first and formost created for the trooper experience. It was the main part of the advertising as well as the box art! Troopers were always front and centre! Playing as Troopers as opposed to heroes like all the Star Wars games before it was the whole point.

Heroes only started making an appearance in the sequel game but again the focus was Troopers and being on the frontline.

Yes it was game where you could finally play as a trooper, though It was never trooper only game that I was saying, nothing more or less, there has been heroes in every single Battlefront game. I like heroes along with troopers and don't want this game turning to trooper only Star Wars game. There are events and game modes for only troopers.

The Battlefront franchise was always first and formost created for the trooper experience. It was the main part of the advertising as well as the box art! Troopers were always front and centre! Playing as Troopers as opposed to heroes like all the Star Wars games before it was the whole point.

Heroes only started making an appearance in the sequel game but again the focus was Troopers and being on the frontline.

Yes it was game where you could finally play as a trooper, though It was never trooper only game that I was saying, nothing more or less, there has been heroes in every single Battlefront game. I like heroes along with troopers and don't want this game turning to trooper only Star Wars game. There are events and game modes for only troopers.

It is this important line you are missing:
    but again the focus was Troopers and being on the frontline.

Personally I also do not have anything against heros being in battlefront and I want them in there as well. But the focus with this game is off. It is about heroes only more or less (events to the side).

Maybe I am missing some points here and there, but I like that focus is more towards heroes, I never liked trooper only Star Wars games, that is why I disagree.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    You purchased a SW game expecting it to just be Trooperfront. You should be playing Battlefield, or COD if you want that

That's totally wrong. It doesn't even explain 2015 either.

It's a terrible non trooper game, if its supposed to he a non trooper game
  • quenaelin
    1128 posts Member
    edited February 13
    tankertoad wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    You purchased a SW game expecting it to just be Trooperfront. You should be playing Battlefield, or COD if you want that

That's totally wrong. It doesn't even explain 2015 either.

It's a terrible non trooper game, if its supposed to he a non trooper game

Maybe this explains everything, it tries to be both hero and trooper friendly and now it isn't quite balanced according to trooper fans. Just give some more weapons and we get this balance issue sorted out, also these new weapons should be little bit OP and then nerfed slightly afterwards if needed ;)
  • Designed by hero players for hero players and Ewoks. Troopers and pilots yeah not so much.
  • jonci
    1326 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Yeah its a shame that this game has degraded into an awful sword fighting game.

When you say awful, i agree, the fiasco with the change to HVV mash up has been terrible, no forethought of a better mode to replace target system before hand, and now people leaving and or complaining about getting hammered.
    Priority seems to be heroes, coop and the garbage supremacy mode. All other modes dead or dying off. No bug fixes, same lag and server issues that have been around since day 1. Hackers running rampant and nothing being done.
    Lame ideas and more content on one era and other eras neglected.
    Maps that could be in all modes not introduced and maps that are no use in modes have been (geonosis trippa hive HVV what a crock that one is).
  • The heroes in this game, if not in a hvv, should have, like the two first battlefront, constant health loss, and no cards, like a killstreak (but not exactly a killstreak, more like, random), for a very short period, you try to get some kills, and not keep the hero the whole match scoring loads of kills.

And there shouldn't be so many heroes and villains in a single match, just 1 or 2 per team. That way you won't get killed by heroes so often, which in my opinion is kind of annoying.

And in hvv, sure, cards and everything. Or maybe the hunt mode (y'all remember?).
  • Amazing. All of it. Fantastic post.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Aside from the focus on heroes, there’s a lot of focus on reinforcements and maps with conquest in mind.

When I bought this game at launch, I was hoping it would feel like Stat Wars. A mix of attention for both ground AND space battles.

If anything, this game is mostly just “Battlefield: The Star Wars Edition.”

• Yep, this game focuses way too much on Heroes. Battlefront was always Trooper focused with Heroes as the little extra, sugar on top, but now, someone poured the whole goddamn sugar jar all over.
    To fix this, Heroes should have differing balance from HvV to Trooper modes.
    There should only be a max of 1 to 2 Heroes per game.
    More content is required for Troopers; weapons, starcards, skins
  • You don't have to play the heroes if you don't want to. There are reinforcements instead.
  • vonVile
    480 posts Member
    edited February 14
    That's because DICE removed all the good things about BF1 and gave us this trash.
  • jonci
    1326 posts Member
    vonVile wrote: »
    That's because DICE removed all the good things about BF1 and gave us this trash.

and the LAG don't forget the LAG we get that for free every day nearly. Even Han couldn't do the kessle run in less than 2 million parsecs let alone 12 with this lag and Guido would have killed him even though Han shot 1st.
  • ROMG4
    4103 posts Member
    F3N15H1 wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks that way, but the game only cares about the heroes and maps of the game. In my opnion battlefront was supposed to be about soldiers, heroes were to be the extra in the match, but the game only comes up with new heroes and maps, the soldier stuff is missing, and I mean new guns and cards or new features, and even skins, there are only new clone skins, the difference is 21 clone skins and 5 - 4 or 0 to other factions.

The game lack content for the base of the game, and new special troops are cool to add, but every single special unit (enforcers and heroes alike) overpower the 4 base troops so much, that u just can't kill them if there aren't many players around. And Starfighters were forgotten, no new stuff in a long time.
    Also, the new game modes have only heroes from it's era, but the old modes aren't updated to be the same.

Anyway, what y'all think?

edit: I mean it's nice to have a star wars herores vs villains pvp game and etc, but they totally changed the game's idea. It's meant to be like... the star wars battlefield, soldiers, ground vehicles, starfighters, gunfights, they could even make a lightsaber only mode, with not protagonist jedi and sith y'all know, like a bunch of base hp, lightsabers soldiers for the clone wars era idk. In battlefront I want to soldier up, not play the hero.

3d2d3d0d35977e2f01fcc168a8cfadb2.gif
  • good post @F3N15H1 . All of the hero talk and map focus has taken the game down the wrong path imo. As you say heroes are meant to supplement the trooper play.. Not be the sole focus.
  • Agree 💯% op.
  • The trooper focus is gone. The old ones are still fun to play if available to you.