criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battlefront 2015

Prev1
Curious to see how many people are still playing in 2020. Honestly could never get into SWBF2 no matter how hard I tried. Last time I played BF 2015 was a couple of years ago but started playing again recently and forgot how amazing this game was. What’s y’all thoughts?

Replies

• Still play it for blasters, trench run, scarif, and starfighter stomping. Had a game with over 70 kills just the other day and have never felt so proud
  • SOmetimes.

giphy.gif

• It's dead on PC unfortunately, otherwise I wouldn't touch BF2 anymore at all. BF2015 was better in all the areas that it counts. The improvement BF2 made are vastly outweighed by the detraction and bugs it introduced.
  • Ps. PS4 lobbies are the ones I’m referring to.
  • I might reinstall it on my ps4. Just need to delete a couple games that I don't play anymore.
  • Full lobbies every time I play. Far superior game to BF2 IMO. Hoping they shift back towards BF15 mechanics, visuals, sounds, gunplay and customization for BF3.

Agreed, really love the overall feel of 2015 compared to BF2. Gameplay and everything just seems a lot more grounded and solid. The sounds on this game are amazing. The thermal imploder for example. I Always play this game with a headset because it sounds so good. Hoping BF3 will lean more towards the ideas of 2015 BF.
  • LarsusUlle wrote: »
    It's dead on PC unfortunately, otherwise I wouldn't touch BF2 anymore at all. BF2015 was better in all the areas that it counts. The improvement BF2 made are vastly outweighed by the detraction and bugs it introduced.

I more recently have been playing off the Xbox and wait time on matches are a bit hit and miss. Really depends on the time you get on. Most the core game modes are pretty fast about getting in though. The dlc maps are pretty dead however
  • BlueSpy3DO wrote: »
    Still play it for blasters, trench run, scarif, and starfighter stomping. Had a game with over 70 kills just the other day and have never felt so proud

Which platform you playing on? I play on Xbox and have been having a hard time joining up dlc game modes
    Still play it for blasters, trench run, scarif, and starfighter stomping. Had a game with over 70 kills just the other day and have never felt so proud

Which platform you playing on? I play on Xbox and have been having a hard time joining up dlc game modes

Xbox one, peak times in the evening and on weekends definitely help, ironically modes like cargo are almost always full and easy to find since their version is preferable over 2017
  • I've watched gameplays on YouTube and it doesn't look too compelling game wise, though maps look cool too. Weapons and jet packs customization doesn't draw my attention either, not planning to purchase it.

I guess we all like the first thing we played and BF 2017 was the first one I've played.
  • Peepzilla
    1053 posts Member
    edited February 13
    It's true it's dead on PC? I was contemplating buying it for the pennies that it is and see if I could find some games. But if it's a ghost town I won't bother. Can always fire up the console again.
  • Batman20
    2735 posts Member
    edited February 13
    I still play occasionally I'm actually surprised how easy it is to get dlc matches on bespin and you can occasionally get a game on death star and outer rims. Rogue one dlc though is totally dead Plenty still play the launch content as well
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    It's true it's dead on PC? I was contemplating buying it for the pennies that it is and see if I could find some games. But if it's a ghost town I won't bother. Can always fire up the console again.

I haven't been able to find a full lobby in ages. It always puts me into partial lobbies with like 5 or 6 people...so there def people who still want to play but just can't muster enough to get a match going.
  • Full lobbies every time I play. Far superior game to BF2 IMO. Hoping they shift back towards BF15 mechanics, visuals, sounds, gunplay and customization for BF3.

Full lobbies for the base modes yeah but not the dlc maps. Scarif is basically dead on ps4 you might occasionally get a match but you will be waiting for a long time. Bespin, death star and outer rims you can get games but all depends on what time you are playing and having to change the server location and you will still have to wait a lot at times. I've never understood why they didn't make the dlc content free ages ago considering how the base game still has plenty of people playing then dlc modes would fill up then as well plus its an old game now should be free
  • all they needed was a clone wars major dlc add on to the bf2015. wouldve been righteous couldve kept it alive until now
  • Ppong_Man12
    3125 posts Member
    edited February 14
    buff wrote: »
    Full lobbies every time I play. Far superior game to BF2 IMO. Hoping they shift back towards BF15 mechanics, visuals, sounds, gunplay and customization for BF3.
    cant tell if you are serious, if so, you have to be a pc player, cause on the 1, a full lobby...such a thing doesnt exsist.

they will no way no chance shift back towards bf15s bad visuals, bad gameplay, terrible everything , are people for real, game feels sluggish, like its made for a very old system...bf2 is in every way an upgrade..smoother play, better visuals, faster response, more everything...bf15 feels like a relic by comparison

i hope they dont even think about 15 while making bf3, by they i mean hopefully the new company that got the star wars contract

my .02

take the nostalgia shades off

they can add more guns, like bf15 hd..there we go

9rnsxaarrpdp.gif

Just messing around a bit with the Luke gif, but are you sure you’ve played bf15, it almost sounds like you’re describing the older battlefront games. Still, to each their own and if you like bbf2 I envy you, wish I could because I do love Starwars.
  • Gunplay was magical. Unfortunately not enough space to keep it on the harddrive. If i can make some room I'll reinstall
  • Mrcjames31
    177 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Blasters, Skins, Moses, far superior, Leia BF15>
    Lando one shot Glitch> jk lol

Maps* 😂😂😂
    Post edited by Mrcjames31 on
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24
  • Mrcjames31 wrote: »

I was a Moses main, spamming Burning Bush was almost as broken as Lando’s Power Blast.

I was a Moses main, spamming Burning Bush was almost as broken as Lando’s Power Blast.

Burning Bush was fine. Still mad they didn't fix the broken "Part the Red Sea" ability. Once killed an entire Egyptian army in one shot with that ability. Super OP.
  • all they needed was a clone wars major dlc add on to the bf2015. wouldve been righteous couldve kept it alive until now

Me and my buddy have actually talked about that lol. I wish they would have done that honestly.

Me and my buddy have actually talked about that lol. I wish they would have done that honestly.

Yep. They got it all right the first time with BF2015. They only needed to add to that and fix the rolling/jetpack spam.

yeah imagine a base dlc with survival, missions, little battles and maybe there couldve been a new walker assault more like galactic assault. awsome clone legion customization 10 new guns for the clone wars new cards and maybe just for the clone wars the introduction of reinforcement types through battlepoints such as droidekas and supers, commandos etc.

have geonosis, kamino, kashyyk, and naboo right off the bat with obiwan, anakin, padme yoda with maul, grievous, dooku and jango. add in dlcs with the likes of mace, ventress all those folks. would have been interesting to have that added... no lootbox controversy, no hero leveling up, more offline content and a good focus on one era at a time so no one complains.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Gunplay was magical. Unfortunately not enough space to keep it on the harddrive. If i can make some room I'll reinstall

Yea fire it back up, I’ve really enjoyed playing it again

yeah imagine a base dlc with survival, missions, little battles and maybe there couldve been a new walker assault more like galactic assault. awsome clone legion customization 10 new guns for the clone wars new cards and maybe just for the clone wars the introduction of reinforcement types through battlepoints such as droidekas and supers, commandos etc.

have geonosis, kamino, kashyyk, and naboo right off the bat with obiwan, anakin, padme yoda with maul, grievous, dooku and jango. add in dlcs with the likes of mace, ventress all those folks. would have been interesting to have that added... no lootbox controversy, no hero leveling up, more offline content and a good focus on one era at a time so no one complains.

Would be amazing, I would have loved to see the clone wars in the 2015 format

2015 Battlefront going to make a comeback with the- “Famous Bible characters” DLC B)
  • I can always find a 40 player game but the DLC stuff is hardly full so Ive never played WA on Bespin ir Scarif and havent played Battle Station either :(

Am enjoying it a lot though!! Great maps, cool weapons but it needs the multi direction combat roll!

I just realised that there a few guns I won't be able to unlock as you need kills on certain maps or modes and without full lobbies that will be hard to achieve
  • I played 15 only once since 17 came out and didn’t like it for some reason🤷🏻‍♂️

Just reinstalling now, I hope the servers are as busy as you guys say.

Really looking forward to it...
  • BlueSpy3DO
    1013 posts Member
    edited February 15

Deleted
  • 15 is the game bf2 should have been, the upgrade in trooper mechanics etc is needed in bf2, but their continual focus on heroes and lack of trooper focus means that even in large scale modes, the gameplay is focused on the minority and not the majority

I absolutely love the large war aspects of the large scale modes, but i love going a regular trooper more, but its no fun when a third of the players are characters that are stronger, faster, more hp and dps,

Playing the death star dlc on 15, two heroes on either side at one point and ten regular troopers, thats the ratio it should have been here
  • 15 is the game bf2 should have been, the upgrade in trooper mechanics etc is needed in bf2, but their continual focus on heroes and lack of trooper focus means that even in large scale modes, the gameplay is focused on the minority and not the majority

I absolutely love the large war aspects of the large scale modes, but i love going a regular trooper more, but its no fun when a third of the players are characters that are stronger, faster, more hp and dps,

Playing the death star dlc on 15, two heroes on either side at one point and ten regular troopers, thats the ratio it should have been here

Agreed.
  • PS4 servers are thriving. Doesn’t take more than 20 seconds to find a match
  • Ppong_Man12
    3125 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Loujjw13 wrote: »
    PS4 servers are thriving. Doesn’t take more than 20 seconds to find a match

I’m actually seeing a lot of noobs on 15 which is great, I also know of a lot of guys going back to that game from this one, especially with the current state this game is in. I still believe if they announced today there’s no more content for bf2 that 15 would outlast it, imo I think 2 goes full titanic when the last dlc is announced and people know the content is over. Bf2 has no lasting value other than getting new content imo other than maybe HvV.
  • skincarver wrote: »
    I played 15 only once since 17 came out and didn’t like it for some reason🤷🏻‍♂️

Just reinstalling now, I hope the servers are as busy as you guys say.

Really looking forward to it...

It took some to get used to it especially when BF2 was my first BF experience but now that I have figured out the main gameplay differences I am starting to fare better. Trying to unlock Hutt Contracts is a grind though LOL
  • battlefront 2015 has that edge of your seat gameplay. played trench run other day, it was down to the wire the first two phases.
  • I'm going to reinstall this next week. It'll take some readjusting, but I miss my T-21 :smiley:
  • I'm going to reinstall this next week. It'll take some readjusting, but I miss my T-21 :smiley:
    I'm going to reinstall this next week. It'll take some readjusting, but I miss my T-21 :smiley:

Could do the same this week.
  • Played death star again tonight, same names playing gives us awesome game, hope some of them read in here, battle station is an absolute gem of a scenario, the absolute siege mentality of the imperials when r2 is close to the extraction point is unreal, dioxis and thermal detonators going off, blaster fire everywhere, brilliant
  • I still regularly enjoy the variety of gameplay it offers and not having hero’s ruining every game mode with their sheer amount is so nice. The game at least then had more restrictions on them but they were still fun to play
    I still regularly enjoy the variety of gameplay it offers and not having hero’s ruining every game mode with their sheer amount is so nice. The game at least then had more restrictions on them but they were still fun to play

Man, heroes are more powerful in BF2015 than the 'new' game. The only thing is they don't have hok so they can't get their health back (except Bossk) and the maps are crowded chokepoints. That's what makes heroes annoying in BF2. Chokepoints where heroes can camp and wait for free kills, on top of the ticket counter which doesn't exist in BF2015, thankfully.

Same here, except for the "starfighter stomping." Anyone can pick Luke/Vader & live for the rest of the game, racking up dozens of kills. Those heroes are easy mode. Not really something to be proud of lmao
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1786 posts Member
    edited February 17
    Battlefront 2015 should have a patch to add support for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, with graphics improvements and in Xbox the Dolby Atmos sound output support.

• Battlefront 2 must add these characteristics of the Battlefront 2015:
    - More weapons to basic classes.
    - More star cards to basic classes.
    - New custom skins system similar to of the Battlefront 2015. With more faces and customazing.
    - All jet troopers of this game must to fly as the same way than the FO jet trooper. And add a new star card to assault class, the jump pack.

Same here, except for the "starfighter stomping." Anyone can pick Luke/Vader & live for the rest of the game, racking up dozens of kills. Those heroes are easy mode. Not really something to be proud of lmao

Luke defo is this, but vader seems to die a lot more no matter who gets him, difference being obviously that luke has a shield and a health regen,

Still though, its good watching a red 5 do the trench run then crash into a wall 😂😂😂