criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Rey Needs an IMMEDIATE BUFF/OVERHAUL for Supremacy

Rey is a hero who is effective and deadly in tight compact spaces. All of the maps added to supremacy are basically not that. Therefore Rey is not effective.
Let's break it down:

ABILITIES:
Inverse to Rey, there is Kylo who is basically perfect and makes Rey look super week. His force abilities; freeze and pull, make him effective against all reinforcements. That's not to mention his ability that allows him to insta lock onto targets in frenzy. These are abilities that can change the tide of battle in Supremacy.

Rey's abilities, Dash Strike, Insight, and Mind trick, are NOT effective or helpful in Supremacy. In Galactic assault they made sense, in supremacy they do not.

Insight is good for defense of points I guess, allowing her teammates to see all enemies in the area. However this is an ability that is heavily reliant on team members and, on it's own, is not that great. It's just Xray vision. Doesn't help clear command posts, barely helps defend them.

Mind Trick has ALWAYS been a weak ability, but especially so in Supremacy. This is the ability that either needs to go or be massively buffed. Enemies have their controls inverted, which is only useful in VERY specific circumstances. And most of the time, players adjust to the warped controls before rey can take advantage. No damage increase for troopers to take, no benefits to Rey, NOTHING. Players have been dealing with warped controls for decades and are so used to it I'd argue it's barely worth having.

Then there's Dash Strike. Charging in a straight line on huge open maps like Ajan Kloss and Takodana is....horrible. Add onto this that she can't really move fluidly while performing it. Even the AI troops can easily dodge out of the way on this one. Obi wan has a similar ability.....only it works way better.

Reys abilities are like Obi Wan's, except worse in every way. And Obi wan is arguably one of the weaker saber wielders. Mind trick should function more like, if not identicle to Obi Wan's, same can be said for Dash strike. Imagine if instead of Push Obi wan had.....X ray vision insight. Rey's abilities need help.

MELEE COMBAT
May be small, I can't even confirm this. BUT I was trying to put my finger on what made Rey feel so weird in Melee combat. The answer seems to be that, either by design or unintentionally, Rey does not perform closing strikes as often as other heroes. This is particularly frustrating because Kylo FLIES at enemies even when he's not in frenzy. This contributes to Rey being impossible to maneuver with multiple troopers scattered in an area. This also comes down to her combos animation. She is A SLOW FIGHTER and A kick straight forward ALL THE TIME seems to reduce her AOE with the lightsaber....because she's not using the lightsaber....the kick basically is way too slow and comes up way to frequently in the combo.

Again, Obi Wan does a kick, his is much faster and effective than Rey's.

HEALTH Regeneration
THIS IS A BIG ONE. Rey having to rely on abilities like dash strike while dealing with weird hindrances to her melee combat is one thing. Having to do it while only being able to regenerate 200-300 health AND having only 750 health....is unforgivable. Obi wan has 750 health and HE CAN REGENERATE ALMOST TWICE AS MUCH AS SHE CAN.
Make Rey more like obi wan pls

Seriously though Rey is supposed to be the strongest hero for the ST and she's getting outplayed by BB8. She deserves better. Please fix her.

Replies

  • Its kinda sad that she won't get any buffs because Reddit thinks she is op because of her mindtrick
    tumblr_pgznzmkaGj1vsq4fko1_540.gifv
  • She's pretty good in supremacy her insight is great and that combined with her mind trick is great on troopers and reinforcements even some heroes who don't know how to counter it. Plus kylo is really not a hard saber hero to counter so rey does pretty well against him so I don't think she needs a massive buff she's good
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    She's pretty good in supremacy her insight is great and that combined with her mind trick is great on troopers and reinforcements even some heroes who don't know how to counter it. Plus kylo is really not a hard saber hero to counter so rey does pretty well against him so I don't think she needs a massive buff she's good

    I give specific examples of how she is not great. You're just saying "she's great."

    In the open jungle, she gets clocked more frequently because her health regen is ****.
  • Alexios431 wrote: »
    Its kinda sad that she won't get any buffs because Reddit thinks she is op because of her mindtrick

    Literally it's **** sorry.
  • Batman20
    2556 posts Member
    edited February 14
    SirNekk wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »
    She's pretty good in supremacy her insight is great and that combined with her mind trick is great on troopers and reinforcements even some heroes who don't know how to counter it. Plus kylo is really not a hard saber hero to counter so rey does pretty well against him so I don't think she needs a massive buff she's good

    I give specific examples of how she is not great. You're just saying "she's great."

    In the open jungle, she gets clocked more frequently because her health regen is *****.

    Her insight is what makes her good you seem to think its not that great but it means she goes of radar and can sneak up on enemy players and kill them before they know she is there. How is that not a good ability plus combine that with mind trick yes troopers might be able to adapt like heroes can but still gives her a better chance at getting a kill than a normal 1v1. Her dashstrike is fairly average and easy to counter I agree with that. She probably could do with a buff but nothing major. She also has decent swing speed and her damage output with her saber seems decent
  • I think she's OK and well balanced hero. Every hero has pros and cons... Rey is good in everything, but not as good as others in spaces too much open. Finn for example is the opposite.
  • Rey is a pretty trash hero, so yeah, she needs help.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • NomiSunstrider
    3723 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Genin wrote: »
    I think she's OK and well balanced hero. Every hero has pros and cons... Rey is good in everything, but not as good as others in spaces too much open. Finn for example is the opposite.

    She may be well balanced, but compared to others she is not. So the solution would be to nerf everyone else to her level, or just buff her. I think its easier to just buff her me thinks so.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • I'd be very happy with a Rey buff 🥰
  • Genin wrote: »
    I think she's OK and well balanced hero. Every hero has pros and cons... Rey is good in everything, but not as good as others in spaces too much open. Finn for example is the opposite.

    She may be well balanced, but compared to others she is not. So the solution would be to nerf everyone else to her level, or just buff her. I think its easier to just buff her me thinks so.

    Well, that's my opinion, I use to play every mode, every troop, hero, veichle, starfighter ecc... i have prestige in all of them since i play a lot with everything in the game from D1. I'm not telling that my opinion is above others, but I think i know this game mechanics pretty well.

    Rey is a very good character overall (she use to be quite OP in the beginning, but now is ok).

    Her damage, HP, stamina ecc are very standard and she's good in every mode, without particular weakness.
    All her abilities are good (nothing unuseful) and her mind trick is quite cheap (it is, guys let's be honest... it's not a big deal, considering that the game is plenty of staff like that, but it is) and with the right star cards, she has some good combos.

    So... Rey is OP? No, she isn't

    Does she need a buff? I'd say no, not at all

    In this moment I think she's a solid character, playable in any situation and without any particular cons.
    She's the same as Maul is, imo. Balanced and clean from bugs.

    Are there any strongest heroes? Yes, there are... sure they are still constantly balancing them (not always succesfully) but she's also much better than others.

    Some characters are better in GA or CS and some in HVV. She's good in both without being top in one or the other.

    That's why I think, yes, devs should work again on balancing, but not touch Rey.
  • Genin wrote: »
    Genin wrote: »
    I think she's OK and well balanced hero. Every hero has pros and cons... Rey is good in everything, but not as good as others in spaces too much open. Finn for example is the opposite.

    She may be well balanced, but compared to others she is not. So the solution would be to nerf everyone else to her level, or just buff her. I think its easier to just buff her me thinks so.

    Well, that's my opinion, I use to play every mode, every troop, hero, veichle, starfighter ecc... i have prestige in all of them since i play a lot with everything in the game from D1. I'm not telling that my opinion is above others, but I think i know this game mechanics pretty well.

    Rey is a very good character overall (she use to be quite OP in the beginning, but now is ok).

    Her damage, HP, stamina ecc are very standard and she's good in every mode, without particular weakness.
    All her abilities are good (nothing unuseful) and her mind trick is quite cheap (it is, guys let's be honest... it's not a big deal, considering that the game is plenty of staff like that, but it is) and with the right star cards, she has some good combos.

    So... Rey is OP? No, she isn't

    Does she need a buff? I'd say no, not at all

    In this moment I think she's a solid character, playable in any situation and without any particular cons.
    She's the same as Maul is, imo. Balanced and clean from bugs.

    Are there any strongest heroes? Yes, there are... sure they are still constantly balancing them (not always succesfully) but she's also much better than others.

    Some characters are better in GA or CS and some in HVV. She's good in both without being top in one or the other.

    That's why I think, yes, devs should work again on balancing, but not touch Rey.

    I respect your opinion.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • A buff?! FOR REY??!!!

    outeabmuow39.png
  • Sad_History
    214 posts Member
    edited February 14
    I think Rey is perfect! If they have nerfed her mindtrick to be blockable (can someone clarify?) then i say remove the blockability, other than that... No.

    She is one the same level as Maul and Boosk. Nearly perfectly balanced, because she can be very powerful in the right hand, but she can never totally own the battlefront. You never feel that she is impossible to beat.

    I love Rey in this game.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    A buff?! FOR REY??!!!

    outeabmuow39.png

    Perfect😂😂😂😂
  • Genin wrote: »
    Genin wrote: »
    I think she's OK and well balanced hero. Every hero has pros and cons... Rey is good in everything, but not as good as others in spaces too much open. Finn for example is the opposite.

    She may be well balanced, but compared to others she is not. So the solution would be to nerf everyone else to her level, or just buff her. I think its easier to just buff her me thinks so.

    Well, that's my opinion, I use to play every mode, every troop, hero, veichle, starfighter ecc... i have prestige in all of them since i play a lot with everything in the game from D1. I'm not telling that my opinion is above others, but I think i know this game mechanics pretty well.

    Rey is a very good character overall (she use to be quite OP in the beginning, but now is ok).

    Her damage, HP, stamina ecc are very standard and she's good in every mode, without particular weakness.
    All her abilities are good (nothing unuseful) and her mind trick is quite cheap (it is, guys let's be honest... it's not a big deal, considering that the game is plenty of staff like that, but it is) and with the right star cards, she has some good combos.

    So... Rey is OP? No, she isn't

    Does she need a buff? I'd say no, not at all

    In this moment I think she's a solid character, playable in any situation and without any particular cons.
    She's the same as Maul is, imo. Balanced and clean from bugs.

    Are there any strongest heroes? Yes, there are... sure they are still constantly balancing them (not always succesfully) but she's also much better than others.

    Some characters are better in GA or CS and some in HVV. She's good in both without being top in one or the other.

    That's why I think, yes, devs should work again on balancing, but not touch Rey.

    I think Maul is much more balanced across the modes than Rey. Maul has a displacement ability, ranged poke on a short cooldown and a fantastic mobility skill on a very short cooldown while Rey has none of that utility. Her kit is built for GA where she thrives but outside of some Insight utility (including tactical swing spam against block turrtling), she doesn't really have anything going for her in HvV or in most areas of CS unless you can flank/gank. It might be different on console, but I have never had an issue combatting her mind trick on PC. I think her disparity has more to do with how great the Dark Side roster is with a lot of versatile options and Rey is bad at countering some of the best Villains. I have really been noticing the imbalance since Sequel CS/Co-Op released with the limited hero selection for those modes when you compare her to Kylo who has 2 great cc abilities and a high damage gap closer on a respectable cooldown.
  • Fubbles wrote: »
    Genin wrote: »
    Genin wrote: »
    I think she's OK and well balanced hero. Every hero has pros and cons... Rey is good in everything, but not as good as others in spaces too much open. Finn for example is the opposite.

    She may be well balanced, but compared to others she is not. So the solution would be to nerf everyone else to her level, or just buff her. I think its easier to just buff her me thinks so.

    Well, that's my opinion, I use to play every mode, every troop, hero, veichle, starfighter ecc... i have prestige in all of them since i play a lot with everything in the game from D1. I'm not telling that my opinion is above others, but I think i know this game mechanics pretty well.

    Rey is a very good character overall (she use to be quite OP in the beginning, but now is ok).

    Her damage, HP, stamina ecc are very standard and she's good in every mode, without particular weakness.
    All her abilities are good (nothing unuseful) and her mind trick is quite cheap (it is, guys let's be honest... it's not a big deal, considering that the game is plenty of staff like that, but it is) and with the right star cards, she has some good combos.

    So... Rey is OP? No, she isn't

    Does she need a buff? I'd say no, not at all

    In this moment I think she's a solid character, playable in any situation and without any particular cons.
    She's the same as Maul is, imo. Balanced and clean from bugs.

    Are there any strongest heroes? Yes, there are... sure they are still constantly balancing them (not always succesfully) but she's also much better than others.

    Some characters are better in GA or CS and some in HVV. She's good in both without being top in one or the other.

    That's why I think, yes, devs should work again on balancing, but not touch Rey.

    I think Maul is much more balanced across the modes than Rey. Maul has a displacement ability, ranged poke on a short cooldown and a fantastic mobility skill on a very short cooldown while Rey has none of that utility. Her kit is built for GA where she thrives but outside of some Insight utility (including tactical swing spam against block turrtling), she doesn't really have anything going for her in HvV or in most areas of CS unless you can flank/gank. It might be different on console, but I have never had an issue combatting her mind trick on PC. I think her disparity has more to do with how great the Dark Side roster is with a lot of versatile options and Rey is bad at countering some of the best Villains. I have really been noticing the imbalance since Sequel CS/Co-Op released with the limited hero selection for those modes when you compare her to Kylo who has 2 great cc abilities and a high damage gap closer on a respectable cooldown.

    Good analysis.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • Rey is a pretty trash hero, so yeah, she needs help.

    Kylo can take out BB-8 and Rey at the same time within one Frenzy use. I would honestly nerf Rey's mind trick a bit, not too much though... then buff her in some way.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Rey is a pretty trash hero, so yeah, she needs help.

    Kylo can take out BB-8 and Rey at the same time within one Frenzy use. I would honestly nerf Rey's mind trick a bit, not too much though... then buff her in some way.

    Lol nerd reys mind trick
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Rey is a pretty trash hero, so yeah, she needs help.

    Kylo can take out BB-8 and Rey at the same time within one Frenzy use. I would honestly nerf Rey's mind trick a bit, not too much though... then buff her in some way.

    Lol nerd reys mind trick

    You wouldn't have it nerfed? i think it's really annoying, more annoying than Obi's mind trick. Either nerf it or how about it gets replaced even, with something cooler and better.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Rey is a pretty trash hero, so yeah, she needs help.

    Kylo can take out BB-8 and Rey at the same time within one Frenzy use. I would honestly nerf Rey's mind trick a bit, not too much though... then buff her in some way.

    Lol nerd reys mind trick

    You wouldn't have it nerfed? i think it's really annoying, more annoying than Obi's mind trick. Either nerf it or how about it gets replaced even, with something cooler and better.

    I’m all for replacing it. Saber Throw is what I would like for her.

    But nerfing it is a no. That ability sucks.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Rey is a pretty trash hero, so yeah, she needs help.

    Kylo can take out BB-8 and Rey at the same time within one Frenzy use. I would honestly nerf Rey's mind trick a bit, not too much though... then buff her in some way.

    Lol nerd reys mind trick

    You wouldn't have it nerfed? i think it's really annoying, more annoying than Obi's mind trick. Either nerf it or how about it gets replaced even, with something cooler and better.

    I’m all for replacing it. Saber Throw is what I would like for her.

    But nerfing it is a no. That ability sucks.

    Yeah, a saber throw would be pretty awesome... considering she did that in TROS. Either that or maybe some kind of force lightning ability, like how she used it in TROS.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Rey is a pretty trash hero, so yeah, she needs help.

    Kylo can take out BB-8 and Rey at the same time within one Frenzy use. I would honestly nerf Rey's mind trick a bit, not too much though... then buff her in some way.

    Lol nerd reys mind trick

    You wouldn't have it nerfed? i think it's really annoying, more annoying than Obi's mind trick. Either nerf it or how about it gets replaced even, with something cooler and better.

    I’m all for replacing it. Saber Throw is what I would like for her.

    But nerfing it is a no. That ability sucks.

    Yeah, a saber throw would be pretty awesome... considering she did that in TROS. Either that or maybe some kind of force lightning ability, like how she used it in TROS.

    A ranged option would do her good. Every hero/villian should have at least 1 of the big effects which I consider to be either mobility, ranged, cc, utility or damage. Something like Han's Detonite double dips in these crucial areas because it is a damaging reliable CC and he pairs it with survival mobility skill with star cards to augment further. Now think of using or going against Rey in HvV when the team has a good Bobba/Palpatine and you have to get creative and work hard to make her kit have any effect against them. I only play on PC so maybe it is different on console. I have thought about it a lot recently because my friend just started playing Battlefront 2 in January and grinding lots of HvV to level heroes led to discussions about hero viability against equal skilled opponents as he improves and learns more.
  • SirNekk wrote: »
    Rey is a hero who is effective and deadly in tight compact spaces. All of the maps added to supremacy are basically not that. Therefore Rey is not effective.
    Let's break it down:

    ABILITIES:
    Inverse to Rey, there is Kylo who is basically perfect and makes Rey look super week. His force abilities; freeze and pull, make him effective against all reinforcements. That's not to mention his ability that allows him to insta lock onto targets in frenzy. These are abilities that can change the tide of battle in Supremacy.

    Rey's abilities, Dash Strike, Insight, and Mind trick, are NOT effective or helpful in Supremacy. In Galactic assault they made sense, in supremacy they do not.

    Insight is good for defense of points I guess, allowing her teammates to see all enemies in the area. However this is an ability that is heavily reliant on team members and, on it's own, is not that great. It's just Xray vision. Doesn't help clear command posts, barely helps defend them.

    Mind Trick has ALWAYS been a weak ability, but especially so in Supremacy. This is the ability that either needs to go or be massively buffed. Enemies have their controls inverted, which is only useful in VERY specific circumstances. And most of the time, players adjust to the warped controls before rey can take advantage. No damage increase for troopers to take, no benefits to Rey, NOTHING. Players have been dealing with warped controls for decades and are so used to it I'd argue it's barely worth having.

    Then there's Dash Strike. Charging in a straight line on huge open maps like Ajan Kloss and Takodana is....horrible. Add onto this that she can't really move fluidly while performing it. Even the AI troops can easily dodge out of the way on this one. Obi wan has a similar ability.....only it works way better.

    Reys abilities are like Obi Wan's, except worse in every way. And Obi wan is arguably one of the weaker saber wielders. Mind trick should function more like, if not identicle to Obi Wan's, same can be said for Dash strike. Imagine if instead of Push Obi wan had.....X ray vision insight. Rey's abilities need help.

    MELEE COMBAT
    May be small, I can't even confirm this. BUT I was trying to put my finger on what made Rey feel so weird in Melee combat. The answer seems to be that, either by design or unintentionally, Rey does not perform closing strikes as often as other heroes. This is particularly frustrating because Kylo FLIES at enemies even when he's not in frenzy. This contributes to Rey being impossible to maneuver with multiple troopers scattered in an area. This also comes down to her combos animation. She is A SLOW FIGHTER and A kick straight forward ALL THE TIME seems to reduce her AOE with the lightsaber....because she's not using the lightsaber....the kick basically is way too slow and comes up way to frequently in the combo.

    Again, Obi Wan does a kick, his is much faster and effective than Rey's.

    HEALTH Regeneration
    THIS IS A BIG ONE. Rey having to rely on abilities like dash strike while dealing with weird hindrances to her melee combat is one thing. Having to do it while only being able to regenerate 200-300 health AND having only 750 health....is unforgivable. Obi wan has 750 health and HE CAN REGENERATE ALMOST TWICE AS MUCH AS SHE CAN.
    Make Rey more like obi wan pls

    Seriously though Rey is supposed to be the strongest hero for the ST and she's getting outplayed by BB8. She deserves better. Please fix her.

    Insight is very useful, but I can agreed on mind trick. Vs troopers it isn't great, devs should add another effect.. For example troopers and enforcers shouldn't be able to shoot during the duration of mind trick or for half the time. A sort of disruption effect.

    Anywa Rey isn't supposed to be the stronger lightside hero. Why you say this? Rey isn't stronger than Anakin, Yoda or Luke in canon.
  • No saber throw. Rey is perfect. Her Mind Trick is perfect. So sublime and yet so effective. I always lol when an escaping Palpatine gets hit and dodge backwards towards his doom!

Sign In or Register to comment.