criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

OK, compromise: NO heroes before phase 2 in GA

Let infantry decide the outcome of phase 1 even on Hoth and Kashyyyk. Heroes should come in as a last resort, hero cost should also be incresed to 8000. Too many games are lost before they even started, early quitting is often the result. This would force hero killstreakers to play supremacy and infantry focused players to play GA.

Replies

• OcDoc
    2155 posts Member
    Am I just in a mood today?

Because for some reason I seem to agree with this. Maybe I need to mull on it a while but I don’t see much by way of downside unless your whole thing is killstreaks which is overrated IMO.
  • I don’t know if I like this idea, and I don’t like the idea of hero prices being 8000. I like having access to them for the challenges.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Better solution is limit to 2 max heroes per team.

• I think no hero's in first phase is a great idea.

I too disagree with increasing the cost though. The newer or less experienced players wouldn't stand a chance of getting one and they should.
  • Sath wrote: »
    Let infantry decide the outcome of phase 1 even on Hoth and Kashyyyk. Heroes should come in as a last resort, hero cost should also be incresed to 8000. Too many games are lost before they even started, early quitting is often the result. This would force hero killstreakers to play supremacy and infantry focused players to play GA.

Agree! Moreover limit the number of heroes by two in the last phase. (6000BP for the heroes is ok).
    The real problem about heroes is that many players screen camp in the selection menu waiting for the hero. A solution could be a booking system. I already opened a discussion about this but I don’t know if DICE has at least read it.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/154415/devs-are-you-planning-to-add-a-hero-booking-system#latest
  • Better solution is limit to 2 max heroes per team.

This. I dont know how is this not fixed yet. And I do mean fixed becouse GA is broken as is.
  • Getting rid of heroes still won't stop every game from ending first phase a lot of times its just the terrible matchmaking where one team is just superior
  • Psy3d
    1154 posts Member
    Agreed. Every time the usual plebs will race to 4k and then just camp at selection screen even if they missed out...so the ones already selected heroes get defeated and the most of the time the objective is lost because of this. It was even worse on heroes unleashed event.

@F8RGE you should at least trial it for a weekend and see what feedback is. Plus it will make it friendlier for the new comers than the unnecessary pressure they get when a hero just shows up within few minutes into the game of GA.