criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Bring back the target system as an special event

The new HvV is quite boring & just doesn't have the thrill that the target system had.

Replies

• I got mixed feelings. Target system was so exploitable
  • I've seen numerous videos and every one I see it reminds me how glad I am he target is gone
  • I’ll say this about the TS.

The main issues were

• constantly running & or using exploits to hide
    • Potato teammates becoming the target & getting farmed

However, despite those things happening al the time, there were exceptions to those terrible games, & sometime those exceptions were pretty fun
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • I would love to have it back, even if just for a weekend.

I miss getting 80 kills a game.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Me too, please make it an event. Exploiting the previous system was bad, that's undeniable. But the new one, although not so exploitable (at least not in a stalling manner), is just boring, It gets stale fast (IMO just like CS). A event of such nature would be very welcome.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • LafenChuck
    159 posts Member
    edited February 15
    No one miss this so no thx
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • The new HvV is quite boring & just doesn't have the thrill that the target system had.

Yeah the thrill of chasing Maul's and Boba's
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• jonci
    1326 posts Member
    LafenChuck wrote: »
    nO one miss this so NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THX

well obviously they do other wise people wouldnt ask for it would they
  • The new HvV is quite boring & just doesn't have the thrill that the target system had.

That wasnt every game come now.

Cmon i watched some videos of the Target system a few days ago, and i can see how broken it was. Only good was the lots of kills you could get.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Cmon i watched some videos of the Target system a few days ago, and i can see how broken it was. Only good was the lots of kills you could get.

Yes it was broken. Just like Ga & any other mode that has heroes in it. Getting high kills was fun & I feel like players actually teamed up instead of being farmed... at least as much as they do now.

Yes it was broken. Just like Ga & any other mode that has heroes in it. Getting high kills was fun & I feel like players actually teamed up instead of being farmed... at least as much as they do now.

Meh its the same minus chasing a target. The better teams wins. Actually with the target system exploit even bad teams could win.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

So you never actually played it, just watched a few clips
  • mellowshipslinkyb
    915 posts Member
    edited February 14
    No. Bring back the Target System as its own mode. TDM is a terrible experience for the average player.

Of course, they won’t because both the devs and the “pros” know that TDM would be dead in a week if they didn’t have helpless noobs to beat up on.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3723 posts Member
    edited February 14
    DarthLando wrote: »
    The new HvV is quite boring & just doesn't have the thrill that the target system had.

No, i watched some videos and got reminded on how broken it was. I play this game since launch.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• DarthLando wrote: »

No, i watched some videos and got reminded on how broken it was. I play this game since launch.

My mistake then
  • They promised us HvV would improve with time. Nothing has changed for almost a year, which means nothing will improve.

At least make a TS event that allows us to sometimes do something different in HvV. I'd also like they brought back the blaster only event, it made HvV totally different. Elegant weapons is unnecessary because moat matches are already sabers vs sabers only
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I don’t mind the new one, but I loved when there was an epic level TS match that went on awhile! There was a time where I got at least ten kills as Bossk on Kamino and still didn’t top the leaderboard (or didn’t make it at all, I can’t remember), it was glorious!
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • They promised us HvV would improve with time. Nothing has changed for almost a year, which means nothing will improve.

At least make a TS event that allows us to sometimes do something different in HvV. I'd also like they brought back the blaster only event, it made HvV totally different. Elegant weapons is unnecessary because moat matches are already sabers vs sabers only

God that event rly showcases the badies.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif