criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Calendars Are Unreliable And We Were Lied To

Prev13
BlueSpy3DO
1013 posts Member
edited February 17
xs2stdw0qhhb.jpeg

c7gg26bda8zz.jpeg

Perhaps you’ve felt you’ve been treated unfairly between the two super Vader buffs and now Boots on the ground is just more hero spam without vehicles so all the saberlords can reign free without fear. This is just more and more evidence that hero gameplay is the point of this iteration of battlefront. Every single game mode, every single blaster, card, reinforcement, tank, starfighter, and anything else in the game that interferes with hero gameplay has now clearly been abandoned for the privilege hero’s enjoy over everything else.

I’ve stated before this game has an identity crisis and can’t be everything to everyone, it seems they have decided on what shall be the identity and focus and it’s hero gameplay and the free press they get from streamers getting killstreaks.

Edit: This was a clear example of controlling the conversation to hide the fact this was accidental, the hearts are the proof.
The fact not all vehicles had the price change and were still available shows this was more than likely bugged from the start and we were lied to. Either CC means squat now, or they just ruined an event and really don’t care and are just going to move on.
Post edited by BlueSpy3DO on

Replies

• Botg is no hero's. Meaning there are no hero's.
    I don't understand your post.
  • Feelee16
    2201 posts Member
    edited February 14
    StarLillie wrote: »
    Botg is no hero's. Meaning there are no hero's.

This botg event heroes are available
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • StarLillie wrote: »

They left Heroes in this time
  • StarLillie wrote: »

EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hey folks,

To confirm we're keeping Heroes available on this BOTG event. We want to make sure you still get to play with BB-8 and BB-9E!
  • The snapshot above says "No hero's or vehicles.."
    I didn't see where they said hero's will be included. My bad. Carry on lol
  • Now the question is was this intended or just an accident they’ve rolled with since this is only coming out the day of
  • Cyro
    466 posts Member
    I think it's intended... just another bad decision dice made... -.-

and it's not okay! they only focus on reinforcements and heroes. the original trooper-battle doesnt concern them anymore. this is a prime example of "we havent thought this allway through to begin with.... and now we dont care anymore"
    Checklist to improve the Game:
    -End cross Era Heroes in Galactic Assault
    -41st Camo Scouts on Kashyyyk
    -More Blasters (SE-14, T-21 etc.)
    -Weapon Rework (attachments, scopes, iron sights, stocks)
    -Actual reload animations like on DC-17 Commando (magchange)
    -Option to disable other players skins clientside (no more Legion Mix)

• Cyro
    466 posts Member
    Agreed. The devs keep trying to tell us what we should want, instead of listening to what we actually want! -.-

"hey, you guys want BB droids as heroes, right??? come on, say yes, they're easy to animate! nevermind, trust me, you want them!!"
    Checklist to improve the Game:
    -End cross Era Heroes in Galactic Assault
    -41st Camo Scouts on Kashyyyk
    -More Blasters (SE-14, T-21 etc.)
    -Weapon Rework (attachments, scopes, iron sights, stocks)
    -Actual reload animations like on DC-17 Commando (magchange)
    -Option to disable other players skins clientside (no more Legion Mix)

• SnakeMajin
    781 posts Member
    edited February 14
    I completely agree having heroes in a Boots on The Ground event is akward and misplaced as hell.

But that's far too much drama for a two-day event in a few game modes in a two-year-old video game IMO.
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    STOOOOOPID

Nobody cares about playing the BB droids, as much as the devs want this to be the case.

Remove heroes from <3<3<3<3

@F8RGE

Games become a joke to push and agenda.....it's not like they still can't be played in HvV because Dice still considers them to be heroes!
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    <3<3<3<3 is no hero's. Meaning there are no hero's.

ceq79w4eplsy.jpeg

You delivered, as usual.

Also, appreciate all the <3 in this thread!

What love? Do you read the threads you post in or are you just presuming you’re receiving praise?

Easy. On my Phone, writing B.O.T.G. without the dots generates BOTG

ceq79w4eplsy.jpeg

You delivered, as usual.

What love? Do you read the threads you post in or are you just presuming you’re receiving praise?

I see a lot of <3 emotes. I guess because of valentines and all.

There were no emotes when this thread was started but since B.O.T.G. has been censored. Coincidence?
  • @EA_Tom "what did you do!?" c18p44zeqj42.jpeg
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • Well at least the dev opinion on the topic has been made clear
  • hsf_
    1988 posts Member
    So heroes are available in the only event that heroes are not meant to be available? I cba.
  • Botg is amazing and hilarious

ceq79w4eplsy.jpeg

You delivered, as usual.

I take it that even if this was your idea all along, it was impossible to just remove heroes but leave only BB-8 and BB-9E, right? RIGHT?
  • anidriX wrote: »

ceq79w4eplsy.jpeg

You delivered, as usual.

I take it that even if this was your idea all along, it was impossible to just remove heroes but leave only BB-8 and BB-9E, right? RIGHT?

No because they have done era locked GA before. If it was their intention to just leave the droids they could have.
  • At this point with the trolling and last minute unveiling I’m just gonna guess this was an accident in programming turned joke, being tone deaf to the section of the community that is tired of herofront isn’t exactly encouraging

ceq79w4eplsy.jpeg

You delivered, as usual.

No because they have done era locked GA before. If it was their intention to just leave the droids they could have.

I'm saying just leaving the droids. GA is not era-locked so they can be picked in any map. CS is era locked so they can only be picked in ST CS. Droids can still be picked and both modes stay mostly hero free for a weekend. Win-win.
    anidriX wrote: »

ceq79w4eplsy.jpeg

You delivered, as usual.

I'm saying just leaving the droids. GA is not era-locked so they can be picked in any map. CS is era locked so they can only be picked in ST CS. Droids can still be picked and both modes stay mostly hero free for a weekend. Win-win.

They won’t even go server side to fix Vader but you think they care enough to change this? Your faith in them is surprising
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »

ceq79w4eplsy.jpeg

You delivered, as usual.

Easy. On my Phone, writing B.O.T.G. without the dots generates <3<3<3<3

Easy? Come again?
  • SadderJoker
    2470 posts Member
    edited February 14
    BOTG is wack.

Oh, hey, it works.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Too bad this kind of communication doesn’t blow up on Reddit where they actually care what people say
  • Yes it’s important we have BB 8 on Hoth instead of the T-47.
  • Since the devs are reading this thread, I'll cast my vote against these events as well. I think they are all terrible and, at the very least, should be in their own playlist. I want to play the normal game and not be forced to participate in a stupid event or go to another mode. Sometimes the weekend is the only time I have to play. Thanks.
  • LarsusUlle wrote: »
    Since the devs are reading this thread, I'll cast my vote against these events as well. I think they are all terrible and, at the very least, should be in their own playlist. I want to play the normal game and not be forced to participate in a stupid event or go to another mode. Sometimes the weekend is the only time I have to play. Thanks.

I'd rather no events than fake news like "No heroes or vehicles".
  • BOTG.
  • WOEaintME wrote: »
    LarsusUlle wrote: »
    Since the devs are reading this thread, I'll cast my vote against these events as well. I think they are all terrible and, at the very least, should be in their own playlist. I want to play the normal game and not be forced to participate in a stupid event or go to another mode. Sometimes the weekend is the only time I have to play. Thanks.

I'd rather no events than fake news like "No heroes or vehicles".

I completely agree. If I had my own way, I would never have them do another event again... However, if they insist on keeping them, at least they could move them to their own playlist.
  • Chico
    729 posts Member
    edited February 14
    BOTG is BOS with heroes.

Really?
  • I mean, Heroes wear boots too, do they not?
  • Feelee16
    2201 posts Member
    edited February 14
    I mean, Heroes wear boots too, do they not?

Not the right boots
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • EA_Tom
    621 posts EA Community Manager

Most of them, yes!
  • WOEaintME
    22 posts Member
    edited February 14

Most of them, yes!

The only heroes you are keeping them in this event for (BB8 and BB9E) are some of the few heroes that do not in fact have boots.

EDIT: Or does this confirm new skins for BB8 and BB9E featuring boots?
  • vonVile
    534 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Why didn't you just make the BBs 4000BP and block the rest? The first boots event had both Maul and Kenobi at 1000BP with others locked out.
    PS - Why is the initialization of Boots On The Ground a banned word? That makes no sense!
  • Feelee16
    2201 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Chico wrote: »
    And why did nobody tell us first? BBs are available to play in HvV and co-op, why allow all heroes in an advertised no hero event? Bad decision, poorly communicated IMO.

Got the news way too late
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif