criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

The Calendars Are Unreliable And We Were Lied To

Replies

• Cyro wrote: »
    Meerkat wrote: »
    DICE made an excellent decision here. So many people don't have to skip the weekend now!

DONT HAVE TO SKIP??
    they could just as well have played HvV, Coop, Hero Showdown, Instant Action or Acarde!!!!!!!!!!! CHRIST! -.-

@Genin
    this game has slowly become Herofront.... -.-

Yep... agree with you.

They are cool and everthing... but the game is too much focus on them in spite of everything else.

-Infantry become just a tool to farm battlepoints, ready to be slaughtered by heroes'killstreaks

-tanks just in some maps, no trasports and unuseful speeders

-starfighters... completely abandoned and removed from supremacy entierly.

-maps designed for heroes to shine

• Cyro
    459 posts Member
    yeah! if you play this game only for the heroes... great. play HvV. if you just play GA or CS for them...your problem. not ours.
    Checklist to improve the Game:
    -End cross Era Heroes in Galactic Assault
    -41st Camo Scouts on Kashyyyk
    -More Blasters (SE-14, T-21 etc.)
    -Weapon Rework (attachments, scopes, iron sights, stocks)
    -Actual reload animations like on DC-17 Commando (magchange)
    -Option to disable other players skins clientside (no more Legion Mix)

• @EA_Tom if you can change botg to hearts can we get new buttons?
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• Feelee16
    1413 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Interesting day for the forums. But still I hope we get a proper BOTG event soon
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• The only way to show support for this game and get real changes to happen is to stop playing it. If the player population drops dramatically over a month you better believe they will start to make some changes. The player base is their own worst enemy by continuing to play something that is broken and showing the development team they will take anything given to them.
  • Cyro
    459 posts Member
    i start wondering how many players still play this.... but i bet it's <3000 on PC.... they wont give us the stats anymore. guess they dont want to admitt how bad their games do recently...

• botg

Let us see the results
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Awesome title change OT
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Awesome title change OT

Thanks!
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Oh cute, getting our posts edited now.

Why not just shadow lock the thread, just like you guys did with the EOR Matchmaking and big Trooper threads that aren’t allowed to touch the front page.

Glad it’s not just me who noticed
  • BlueSpy3DO wrote: »
    Awesome title change OT

Thanks!
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Oh cute, getting our posts edited now.

Why not just shadow lock the thread, just like you guys did with the EOR Matchmaking and big Trooper threads that aren’t allowed to touch the front page.

Glad it’s not just me who noticed

I noticed. Not a good feeling at all
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• i just can't see how ANYONE would enjoy a match where 4/20 enemys are totally overpowered Killing machines!! -.- most of my runs end in the saber of an enemy hero which i dont stand a chance against!! how is this cool? how is this fun? and most importantly...

HOW does this look cool if it's Phasma on Geonosis???

• Feelee16
    1413 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Cyro wrote: »
    i just can't see how ANYONE would enjoy a match where 4/20 enemys are totally overpowered Killing machines!! -.- most of my runs end in the saber of an enemy hero which i dont stand a chance against!! how is this cool? how is this fun? and most importantly...

Some definitely can't be stopped now that there are no vehicles. Should've kept BB8 and 9e for the people like they wanted and blocked out the rest.Can't wait until this event ends
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• no matter what way you try to go, what objective you wanna take, theres ALWAYS a hero standing in your way... Galactic Assault is just a broken Gamemode without any immersion at all.....

it was a mode, programmed by a marketing algorithm!!!

• Grievous15
    2148 posts Member
    edited February 14
    I realized in the ST Supremacy that the FO speeder is like 660,000 BPs.... and the FO AT-ST is only 1,500?!?!? Is this a b u g> Because people are still allowed to use the AT-STs but not the useless speeders?!?!?!?!
    Post edited by Grievous15 on
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    I realized in the ST Supremacy that the FO speeder is like 660,000 BPs.... and the FO AT-ST is only 1,500?!?!? Is this a <3<3<3<3 > Because people are still allowed to use the AT-STs but not the useless speeders?!?!?!?!

Why on earth did those hearts just replace the word "bug" that i put in there?!
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
    I realized in the ST Supremacy that the FO speeder is like 660,000 BPs.... and the FO AT-ST is only 1,500?!?!? Is this a <3<3<3<3 > Because people are still allowed to use the AT-STs but not the useless speeders?!?!?!?!

okay now i'm convinced: this entire "event" is just a dumb bugfest! a mistake DICE made and now they try to tell us it was on purpose!!

no matter what way you try to go, what objective you wanna take, theres ALWAYS a hero standing in your way... Galactic Assault is just a broken Gamemode without any immersion at all.....

it was a mode, programmed by a marketing algorithm!!!

Exactly. Was hoping we wouldn't get that for a few days but here we are. Disappointing
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

Grievous15 wrote: »

okay now i'm convinced: this entire "event" is just a dumb bugfest! a mistake DICE made and now they try to tell us it was on purpose!!

Tell me about it. I was hoping i wasn't gonna be chased by a rampaging AT-ST this time around..... i'd rather be chased by the useless speeders... but they've done the exact opposite.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    I shouldnt be too harsh on Dice......
    i think there's only one guy left to work on this game... two days a week. in months without "A".... and only in his Lunchtime. When he has no lunch....

It actuallyike 5 people, 2 of which are "project leads"".
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Kuvox
    120 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Is EA_Tom drunk? I get censoring words with hearts on a lighthearted post about memes or something, but this feels like someone's had a few too many love martinis...

In any case, I've argued, as have many others, that these events should be separate from standard gameplay. I personally love B O T G, but dislike HU. Others, I'm sure, have the opposite preference. For the sake of consistency and fairness, these events really should be optional.

Also, quite disappointed with leaving heroes in for B O T G. I specifically play B O T G to avoid them.

To make up for this, I think Dice should not only have an (optional) B O T G event in the near future without heroes, but one without vehicles and reinforcements as well!
    Palpatine hunter
  • Kuvox wrote: »
    Is EA_Tom drunk? I get censoring words with hearts on a lighthearted post about memes or something, but this feels like someone's had a few too many love martinis...

In any case, I've argued, as have many others, that these events should be separate from standard gameplay. I personally love <3<3<3<3 , but dislike HU. Others, I'm sure, have the opposite preference. For the sake of consistency and fairness, these events really should be optional.

Also, quite disappointed with leaving heroes in for <3<3<3<3 . I specifically play <3<3<3<3 to avoid them.

To make up for this, I think Dice should not only have an (optional) <3<3<3<3 event in the near future without heroes, but one without vehicles and reinforcements as well!

Heart, heart, heart, heart and more hearts. Sorry, that's all i could understand. lol ;):D
    rcar0gljuaad.png

Why on earth did those hearts just replace the word "<3 <3<3<3 " that i put in there?!

That’s the censoring I mentioned

Why on earth did those hearts just replace the word "<3 <3<3<3 " that i put in there?!

Is it only for today?
    rcar0gljuaad.png

Just add a space after each letter in you know what. I edited my post to get rid of the hearts :).
    Palpatine hunter
  • Wish they didn't do the hearts with B.O.T.G.
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• BlueSpy3DO
    866 posts Member
    edited February 14
    BlueSpy3DO wrote: »

Is it only for today?
    Kuvox wrote: »

Just add a space after each letter in you know what. I edited my post to get rid of the hearts :).

Iron mentioned in my other post it’s for the weekend, and regardless it’s just for words
    like B. U. G and the name of this current event. Why even have the event if they are just going to screw over troopers like HU and every other normal day in CS and GA
    Post edited by BlueSpy3DO on
  • Lyc4n
    1741 posts Member
    Would people be interested in these “events” becoming limited time modes as theyre own playlist/tab and last for a full week rather than weekend but keeping the normal version of large game modes at same time? Feel like this could alleviate a lot of issues to be honest.
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    Would people be interested in these “events” becoming limited time modes as theyre own playlist/tab and last for a full week rather than weekend but keeping the normal version of large game modes at same time? Feel like this could alleviate a lot of issues to be honest.

Maybe
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• Lyc4n wrote: »

Outlined this like 50 times already, devs seem neither interested in it nor willing to do so once to test it
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Chico
    669 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Yeah, they really are a bunch of botg ers
  • Guys its not to late. Just turn them off for the test of the weekend. Cmon Dice!
  • CeymalRen
    1455 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Now the question is was this intended or just an accident they’ve rolled with since this is only coming out the day of
    Now the question is was this intended or just an accident they’ve rolled with since this is only coming out the day of

I'm starting to think that the event got bugged and they just gave us that BB8 thing trying to save face. It didn't work.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Guys its not to late. Just turn them off for the test of the weekend. Cmon Dice!
    Three day weekend. They’re all gone until Tuesday.
  • PorchWar wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Guys its not to late. Just turn them off for the test of the weekend. Cmon Dice!
    Three day weekend. They’re all gone until Tuesday.

They don’t celebrate Presidents’ Day in Sweden.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    i just can't see how ANYONE would enjoy a match where 4/20 enemys are totally overpowered Killing machines!! -.- most of my runs end in the saber of an enemy hero which i dont stand a chance against!! how is this cool? how is this fun? and most importantly...

Agreed. Can't Play GA anymore. All them Prequel Heroes on my Sequel maps. It made sense at launch when there were few of them but now?

Coulda sworn when the game was being marketed cross era play was a big selling point, not everyone wants to be era locked by Supremacy, this divide where some love cross era and some don’t could of been avoided by adding Kloss and Felucia to GA. Then they come out with all these numbers that say Supremacy, HvV, and Showdown are the more popular modes well........ I mean damn that’s gonna tend to happen when you only give those modes the new maps common sense says that.
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24
  • Just as an update, apparently not all vehicles are the higher cost depending on the map. More evidence this was a bugged last second issue that wasn’t noticed until people pointed it out, instead of owning up to the fact they just ruined a trooper event with hero’s they did the bug heart joke, laughed, and went home
    Just as an update, apparently not all vehicles are the higher cost depending on the map. More evidence this was a bugged last second issue that wasn’t noticed until people pointed it out, instead of owning up to the fact they just ruined a trooper event with hero’s they did the <3<3<3<3 heart joke, laughed, and went home

Jesus Christopher H Christ. You are right I think.

@F8RGE Any comments?
  • CeymalRen
    1455 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Mrcjames31 wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »

Agreed. Can't Play GA anymore. All them Prequel Heroes on my Sequel maps. It made sense at launch when there were few of them but now?

Coulda sworn when the game was being marketed cross era play was a big selling point, not everyone wants to be era locked by Supremacy, this divide where some love cross era and some don’t could of been avoided by adding Kloss and Felucia to GA. Then they come out with all these numbers that say Supremacy, HvV, and Showdown are the more popular modes well........ I mean damn that’s gonna tend to happen when you only give those modes the new maps common sense says that.

This game was never marketed as cross era play. Play across all eras? Yes.