criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Why are we moving away from ST after one update?

Prev134
CeymalRen
1455 posts Member
edited February 16
I love the new update and the droids. But even though it was a lot of content for one update its not yet finished.

The big thing is Starkiller. Why not add it since we are moving away from the Ship phase?

Why are there no skins for the Troopers included?

Why is the stolen ATST brand new? Should look like its in its 30s.

Why does the resistance use the FO speeders and not the ones seen in TFA? It makes sense on Starkiller but not on the new planet.

Why are there CW starfighters visible on ST maps?

Why no cinematics for boarding the Capital ships? I heard this is a bug but no word on a fix. Data miners found nothing in the files.

I think this content should be polished before we move on to OT. I mean no hate here but we got nothing but CW content for almost a year and now after one (be it big) update we are rushing into the next thing.

I want OT content as much as the next guy but I can wait a other month if it means more polish on what we got now.

I think the ST deserves the same level of detail the CW got.
Post edited by CeymalRen on

Replies

• Did you get the info from Sylo? A lot of the stuff you said have been said by Sylo in his new video
  • I'd personally love to get the FO Executioner skin added at least. Many other people have also posted the Final Order skins for officers, etc. Then of course there is the Sith Jet Trooper, which is literally the same exact model, just colored red.

At the very least, I think they need to unlock genders and species to be used for every class... We know they've got male FO officer models already in game, for example. Why not use them? In fact, there are a lot of trooper customization for both the OT and ST eras form the campaign that are nowhere to be seen in multiplayer...
  • Loujjw13 wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    I love the new update and the droids. But even though it was a lot of content for one update its not yet finished.

The big thing is Starkiller. Why not add it since we are moving away from the Ship phase?

Why is the stollen ATST brand new? Should look like its in its 30s.

Why does the resistance use the FO speeders and not the ones seen in TFA? It makes sense on Starkiller but not on the new planet.

Why no cinematics for boarding the Capital ships? I heard this is a <3<3<3<3 but no word on a fix. Dataminers found nothing in the files.

I think this content should be polished before we move on to OT. I mean no hate here but we got nothing but CW content for almost a year and nie after one (be it big) update we are rushing into the next thing.

I want OT content as much as the next guy but I can wait a other month if it means more polish on what we got now.

Literally no one wants ST content apart from you and like one over guy. The Clone wars got the pretty much the same amount- over a longer period of time. 4 new reinforcements. 2 new maps. Where the clone wars received 4 heroes, the ST got 2.

And clone skins don’t really count. It’s just different paint on the white skin. Most people do not like the ST maps, and era itself. Let’s just move on to the best trilogy

I wouldnt say that. I think the clone skins are amazing and have a lot pf detail in them
  • Scumbagmarty
    487 posts Member
    edited February 14
    waiting for crait and starkiller for cs and ia.

shoulda got more trooper skins too. reinforcement skins maybe.

playing the st is more fun than watching it and i agree they should add more and revisit it after adding more ot and then getting some more clone wars heroes.
  • I hope a equality for eras, not less content of ST and OT, and not massive content of PT. I want a time that was an equilibrium of era content, with the OT update it looks like this. The PT have 5 maps in CS, the ST only 3, and OT 0 (2 will come to the next updates), guys, it isn't an equilibrium.
  • Nah the ST is garbage & is probably the least played era in the game. Know how many people see jakku or takodana & back out.

I don't think so. Sounds more like a biased opinion to me, but okay. Many people play the ST Supremacy... it has reinforcements better than the PT reinforcements, it also has the most fun reinforcement in the game (the FO jetpack trooper). I dominate with the Sith Troopers, and love spamming orbital bombardment with the Resistance infiltrator. lol
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.

Why no cinematics for boarding the Capital ships? I heard this is a <3<3<3<3 but no word on a fix. Dataminers found nothing in the files.

I think this content should be polished before we move on to OT. I mean no hate here but we got nothing but CW content for almost a year and nie after one (be it big) update we are rushing into the next thing.

Literally no one wants ST content apart from you and like one over guy. The Clone wars got the pretty much the same amount- over a longer period of time. 4 new reinforcements. 2 new maps. Where the clone wars received 4 heroes, the ST got 2.

And clone skins don’t really count. It’s just different paint on the white skin. Most people do not like the ST maps, and era itself. Let’s just move on to the best trilogy

Ajan Kloss is one of the best in the ST Supremacy. One thing that i think the FO faction needs is the FO Treadspeeder... it would be more unique than any of the PT speeders that run into random invisible objects and take damage by slightly touching a bush, it would be soo fun to tread in the sand on Jakku and make sand float up in the air with the FO Treadspeeder. Oh and the BARK and STAP speeders are like the most glitchiest of them all.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    ST does not deserve the same level that CW got. Byebye

Many stories that exist deserve to be ignored. And some that are forgotten deserve the light. Can you give it to them, Prometheus?

Then do not be too eager to deal out erasure in judgement.

The story of OOM-9 deserves to never see the light. But I Prometheus shall bestow the light upon Ahsoka instead
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Similar to SOLO update. Just to connect with the movies. OT might get more like CW maybe?
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

• Feelee16 wrote: »
    Similar to SOLO update. Just to connect with the movies. OT might get more like CW maybe?

Well i think other shows should get content not just TCW. Especially after what the Devs said in that post about after they add the OT co-op and Supremacy that they'll be going to other requested content "when the time is right" they said. Which could be a The Mandalorian content update since season 2 comes out this Fall... and when the last CW season ends that is also a possibility for content. Aside from that it's been rumored that a sequel Rebels series will be released in late 2020. So by the Devs saying... "when the time is right" that could mean any of the above... or all three. The only one i don't see happening is The Mandalorian content update..... because this is only season 2, it still has a long way to go... that's probably the reason why they didn't add Rebels content in BF 1, because the show was just getting started at the time, probably the same thing with TCW season 7... they're probably waiting to add Ahsoka until then.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • @Grievous15 I'm kinda done on guessing and thinking about what these hints are or whatever they are. Hope it's something good though
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

@Grievous15 I'm kinda done on guessing and thinking about what these hints are or whatever they are. Hope it's something good though

Yeah, i've kinda given up on requesting heroes.... i'm just gonna wait and see if it happens or not, without spamming the forums about this or that hero lol.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    @Grievous15 I'm kinda done on guessing and thinking about what these hints are or whatever they are. Hope it's something good though

Yeah, i've kinda given up on requesting heroes.... i'm just gonna wait and see if it happens or not, without spamming the forums about this or that hero lol.

WINDU WINDU WINDU
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif

Grievous15 wrote: »
    Feelee16 wrote: »

WINDU WINDU WINDU

Oh gosh. lol :open_mouth:
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • CeymalRen wrote: »

I don't think they're done with the ST content drops just yet. This was just more of a update that does 2 things: tie-in to TROS and catch up to modes like Supremacy and Co-Op. We might get Scarif-style (no capital ships) maps for Ilum (Starkiller Base) and Crait in the near future.

These are what I think they will focus on for future ST content:

1. Exegol and other TROS content we didn't get in the December update.

2. Star Wars Resistance-the series's done and there are things in there that could be made for content if you want ST to get the full canon treatment

Some of the ships made it in to TROS as well:

3. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge-I don't see why the devs wouldn't make content to celebrate the 1st anniversary of the land's opening at the parks. Plus, the devs visited it last year and have some sense of how to implement elements of the land into the game and there was a battle between the FO and Resistance on Batuu anyway (Rise of the Resistance can be the basis for a CS map)

d0u8fbmszx231.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=1d12064edf7d218d3ff4f97e588868ad8a76106d

4. The Poe comics- this is for those that wanted Poe as a hero, Terex would be a better counter to him than Hux since they actually directly fought each other in the series. There's also other things that can be made into content from the comics as well.

Poe-Dameron-2-Full.jpg
  • lowell wrote: »

I don't think they're done with the ST content drops just yet. This was just more of a update that does 2 things: tie-in to TROS and catch up to modes like Supremacy and Co-Op. We might get Scarif-style (no capital ships) maps for Ilum (Starkiller Base) and Crait in the near future.

2. Star Wars Resistance-the series's done and there are things in there that could be made for content if you want ST to get the full canon treatment

3. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge-I don't see why the devs wouldn't make content to celebrate the 1st anniversary of the land's opening at the parks. Plus, the devs visited it last year and have some sense of how to implement elements of the land into the game and there was a battle between the FO and Resistance on Batuu anyway (Rise of the Resistance can be the basis for a CS map)

d0u8fbmszx231.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=1d12064edf7d218d3ff4f97e588868ad8a76106d

4. The Poe comics- this is for those that wanted Poe as a hero, Terex would be a better counter to him than Hux since they actually directly fought each other in the series. There's also other things that can be made into content from the comics as well.

Poe-Dameron-2-Full.jpg

I also think the FO should get the Treadspeeder. It would be more unique than the BARK and STAP speeders game play wise... and it would be so fun to dash in the sand with the Treadspeeder.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • JJUSSI_KALEIDON
    45 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Because ST sucks and DICE seem to finally understand that people want what's good, hence OT
  • Because ST sucks and DICE seem to finally understand that people want what's good, hence OT

Well content from it doesn't count towards the trilogy itself being terrible. It actually brought good content to the game, and it wasn't drip fed like the dreadful PT content. For example..... the FO jetpack trooper is the most fun out of all the reinforcements... i and others dominate with the amazing Sith Troopers... i love the Ajan kloss map in the ST Supremacy, all the cave systems and everything..... other than that, it's so fun to spam orbital bombardment with the Resistance infiltrator. If the trilogy being terrible really effected the Devs that much.... then they would've stopped at TLJ content for the ST content in general.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • Because ST sucks and DICE seem to finally understand that people want what's good, hence OT

You should probably be more worried about more drip fed PT content...... since TCW season 7 is coming out soon..... and considering that the OT will only get at the most two months content.... so the OT won't get much besides Scarif, and the OT era co-op and Supremacy game modes.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    ST does not deserve the same level that CW got. Byebye

Many stories that exist deserve to be ignored. And some that are forgotten deserve the light. Can you give it to them, Prometheus?

Then do not be too eager to deal out erasure in judgement.

The story of OOM-9 deserves to never see the light. But I Prometheus shall bestow the light upon Ahsoka instead

original.gif

Now in all seriousness. I probably more than anyone else in this thread dislikes the ST, or at least the only one obsessive enough to write multiple essays over the past 2 years on it

However here's the thing, the ST has fans. Regardless if I dislike the ST I cannot and will not allow my bias to say there shouldn't be any ST content just because I don't like it

So saying the ST doesn't deserve the same amount of content quantity as the CW did is hilariously hypocritical and most importantly

Elitist.

tenor.gif

You have become the very thing you swore was bad!

Well said. "You have spoken." ;) Fans of all sorts, out of the series and films should get a fair chance at content. The ST content did introduce some good things too. Like the FO jetpack trooper, so fun to play as.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • Nah the ST is garbage & is probably the least played era in the game. Know how many people see jakku or takodana & back out.

Actually the prequels are garbage that we had to live with for the last year.
  • Did you get the info from Sylo? A lot of the stuff you said have been said by Sylo in his new video

I saw his video yes. Some of the details I got from his vid.
    Nah the ST is garbage & is probably the least played era in the game. Know how many people see jakku or takodana & back out.

Drip fed, drip fed..... oh where is the......
    DRIP FED PT content.

rcar0gljuaad.png

Poe-Dameron-2-Full.jpg

Fully agreed.
    lowell wrote: »

Poe-Dameron-2-Full.jpg

Fully agreed.

Check out the Rise of the Resistance's full ride video, it still looks amazing even if you can't make it to the park to ride it:

Poe-Dameron-2-Full.jpg

Fully agreed.

Check out the Rise of the Resistance's full ride video, it still looks amazing even if you can't make it to the park to ride it:

I would not want to watch it at all since I want to experience the ride myself when I head to Galaxy’s Edge this summer
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Nah the ST is garbage & is probably the least played era in the game. Know how many people see jakku or takodana & back out.

Drip fed, drip fed..... oh where is the......
    DRIP FED PT content.

Yes so? We waited for a long time for the CW to end. Its waaaaaayyyyy to soon for it to start again.
  • Besides its not the point. The point is that all eras and elements in the game should be given the same care.

Poe-Dameron-2-Full.jpg

Fully agreed.

I would not want to watch it at all since I want to experience the ride myself when I head to Galaxy’s Edge this summer

Hey, I'm going this summer too really excited about it.
  • lowell
    2170 posts Member
    edited February 15

Poe-Dameron-2-Full.jpg

Fully agreed.

Hey, I'm going this summer too really excited about it.

I mean, I don't mind getting maps of it in the game since I won't be able to visit it or the hotel opening next year in the near future.

The hotel is a starship experience called Galactic Starcruiser:

• Lyc4n
    1741 posts Member
    Tbh you did get in one month what clone wars got actoss a whole year. Also i think its quite hard because there isnt as much for the st. If it wasnt for the rise of skywalker they probably would have left it for now and done ot and st the other way around.

It will probably do them good to let the era breath a bit more outside of movies so they can add more interesting content next cycle around
  • ROMG4
    4103 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Tbh you did get in one month what clone wars got actoss a whole year. Also i think its quite hard because there isnt as much for the st. If it wasnt for the rise of skywalker they probably would have left it for now and done ot and st the other way around.

It will probably do them good to let the era breath a bit more outside of movies so they can add more interesting content next cycle around

Clone wars got an entire mode, 4 heroes, several maps, over 100 trooper skins and over a dozen hero skins, multiple overhauls to said mode, and 4 reinforcements

And, AND, sole rights to said mode for a year. Yet I still see people saying we need to head back to the PT immediately because reasons

So tell me how the ST's 2 heroes, 5 skins, 3 or so maps, is equal to the PT's absolute strangle hold?

Heck even at your post you even left the hints and hope they would go back to more CW content. Can we not be greedy?
  • CeymalRen
    1455 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Lyc4n wrote: »

I am glad they did a lot with this update. Yes the CW stuff took more time but its was also more polished. There was a whole thing when one of the Kashyykk skins was not 100 % movie acurate. Rembember that?

I think the stuff I mentioned in the original post deserves to be addresed.

@F8RGE ?

Literally no one wants PT content apart from maybe 3 people on reddit. The Clone Wars got pretty much the same amount- over a longer period of time. 4 new reinforcements. 2 new maps. Where the clone wars received 4 heroes, the ST got 2. So this proves your point. Good job OP!

And clone skins really count. I gives the players a unique look when playing troopers. Most people do not like the CW maps, and era itself. That's why most lobbies are empty for that era in CS after the new update. Now that we have a choice. So lets not yet move on to the best trilogy. We can wait another month.

Fixed it for you friend!

• We already have most of the important stuff from the ST there isn't that much content left we could get. And any content left isn't really content that most would have high on there wishlist so it's better to go back to the OT which has tons of great potential content
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    We already have most of the important stuff from the ST there isn't that much content left we could get. And any content left isn't really content that most would have high on there wishlist so it's better to go back to the OT which has tons of great potential content

All I'm saying that what they added needs improving.
  • ROMG4
    4103 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    We already have most of the important stuff from the ST there isn't that much content left we could get.

4xxoqxhth1oe.png
  • I don't like ST films. But I want more ST content, the game's content has nothing to do with the cinematic failure ST films were. ST should at least get what PT got, not in terms of numbers of update, but in terms of content.

Crait and Starkiller should join the latest game modes. More skins are needed. For the rest, PT has the same amount of stuff. Later if PT gets more, so should ST. And so on.

The reason PT was drip fed is because it was patient Zero of all the new game modes that were developped in the background. Now you can't expect ST to have as many updates since an update can pack way more stuff since game modes are done.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    I don't like ST films. But I want more ST content, the game's content has nothing to do with the cinematic failure ST films were. ST should at least get what PT got, not in terms of numbers of update, but in terms of content.

Crait and Starkiller should join the latest game modes. More skins are needed. For the rest, PT has the same amount of stuff. Later if PT gets more, so should ST. And so on.

The reason PT was drip fed is because it was patient Zero of all the new game modes that were developped in the background. Now you can't expect ST to have as many updates since an update can pack way more stuff since game modes are done.

See that's the attitude I can respect. I like the sequels. I hate the prequels but I love the attention to detail that era got. Even if it was drawn out. I get a bit salty in some threads sure. The point here is to me that even though this was a large update they still have things they should fix/add before moving on. And I'm not saying they should be adding these things over a year. Just another month for some skins and fixes changes for the maps. Otherwise it just seems sloppy.
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    I don't like ST films. But I want more ST content, the game's content has nothing to do with the cinematic failure ST films were. ST should at least get what PT got, not in terms of numbers of update, but in terms of content.

See that's the attitude I can respect. I like the sequels. I hate the prequels but I love the attention to detail that era got. Even if it was drawn out. I get a bit salty in some threads sure. The point here is to me that even though this was a large update they still have things they should fix/add before moving on. And I'm not saying they should be adding these things over a year. Just another month for some skins and fixes changes for the maps. Otherwise it just seems sloppy.

I'd add a 4th hero in era-restricted modes, obivously Palpy and Chewbacca.

For the skins, ST shares a lot of similarities with OT. Resistance and Rebellion have the same skins, should they address it during some OT wave, it is likely to also apply for ST.

Same could be said for the Empire, the way they would deal with skins might lead the way later for FO. These are more difficult to tackle regarding immersion since these armies want uniformity. Before this, they might want or have to work on some kind of tool that doesn't display unlikely skins client-side, like they did with BF2015 with helmet-less Stormies.

Such a tool would also be necessary to bring Old skins without killing era-restriction in the new game modes. I mean for ST Luke, Leia, Lando, Han, Palpy or OT Obi-Wan and Maul. It would obvisouly have to wait until they are done with Supremacy, Coop and Instant Action.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    SnakeMajin wrote: »

I'd add a 4th hero in era-restricted modes, obivously Palpy and Chewbacca.

For the skins, ST shares a lot of similarities with OT. Resistance and Rebellion have the same skins, should they address it during some OT wave, it is likely to also apply for ST.

Same could be said for the Empire, the way they would deal with skins might lead the way later for FO. These are more difficult to tackle regarding immersion since these armies want uniformity. Before this, they might want or have to work on some kind of tool that doesn't display unlikely skins client-side, like they did with BF2015 with helmet-less Stormies.

Such a tool would also be necessary to bring Old skins without killing era-restriction in the new game modes. I mean for ST Luke, Leia, Lando, Han, Palpy or OT Obi-Wan and Maul. It would obvisouly have to wait until they are done with Supremacy, Coop and Instant Action.

Yes. Such a tool would be awesome. In trooper modes for sure. HvV does not need that.
  • a. Alot of people wanted OT co-op and supremacy asap
    b. There isn't much ST content left to add unless they dip into the books and comics and Resistance tv show. The movies don't have alot of planets where actual full scale Resistance-First Order battles took place, many of the planets shown didn't have battles. As for heroes, they've added most of who they can add, except maybe Poe and Hux. There are still a few odds and ends left to add, ST skins for Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, and Palpatine, Crait and the ST capital ships for co-op, but they can always come back and add those in a short season later.
  • a. Alot of people wanted OT co-op and supremacy asap
    b. There isn't much ST content left to add unless they dip into the books and comics and Resistance tv show. The movies don't have alot of planets where actual full scale Resistance-First Order battles took place, many of the planets shown didn't have battles. As for heroes, they've added most of who they can add, except maybe Poe and Hux. There are still a few odds and ends left to add, ST skins for Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, and Palpatine, Crait and the ST capital ships for co-op, but they can always come back and add those in a short season later.

You completely ignored my original post I think. What I am saying is that what they added needs more work.

And I disagree about not being a lot to add.
    Kjimi would make an awesome CS map.