criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why are we moving away from ST after one update?

245678

Replies

  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    a. Alot of people wanted OT co-op and supremacy asap
    b. There isn't much ST content left to add unless they dip into the books and comics and Resistance tv show. The movies don't have alot of planets where actual full scale Resistance-First Order battles took place, many of the planets shown didn't have battles. As for heroes, they've added most of who they can add, except maybe Poe and Hux. There are still a few odds and ends left to add, ST skins for Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, and Palpatine, Crait and the ST capital ships for co-op, but they can always come back and add those in a short season later.

    You completely ignored my original post I think. What I am saying is that what they added needs more work.

    And I disagree about not being a lot to add.
    Kjimi would make an awesome CS map.

    Is Kjimi the snow planet from episode 9? Kind of want to see that one myself, but unless I'm forgetting something, a large scale battle didn't take place there in the movie.
  • I personally am not pleased with ST Supremacy. No hangars for the Capital Ships make the phase a non-factor really. There's almost no way to mount a defense. The vehicles on the ground for Resistance are really bad.

    I think we have to remember it took them 7 months of drops to get the Clone Wars content out. They never dropped more than one location into Supremacy. The reinforcements showed up in 3 drops. Co-op was even spread out over 2 months.

    The issues with ST could be a result of them trying to get it all out in 2 months, instead of taking 5 or 6 months.

    Solution? I think they should revisit ST Supremacy in the late summer, early fall with the following:
    • Updated Capital Ships with hangars
    • Unique vehicles for Resistance
    • more skins
    • maybe even Poe and Hux

    This may be why OT is not getting Capital Ships. They might be adding them later on when they've had time to work on them.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    a. Alot of people wanted OT co-op and supremacy asap
    b. There isn't much ST content left to add unless they dip into the books and comics and Resistance tv show. The movies don't have alot of planets where actual full scale Resistance-First Order battles took place, many of the planets shown didn't have battles. As for heroes, they've added most of who they can add, except maybe Poe and Hux. There are still a few odds and ends left to add, ST skins for Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, and Palpatine, Crait and the ST capital ships for co-op, but they can always come back and add those in a short season later.

    You completely ignored my original post I think. What I am saying is that what they added needs more work.

    And I disagree about not being a lot to add.
    Kjimi would make an awesome CS map.

    Is Kjimi the snow planet from episode 9? Kind of want to see that one myself, but unless I'm forgetting something, a large scale battle didn't take place there in the movie.

    Neither did one happen on Ajan Kloss
  • I personally am not pleased with ST Supremacy. No hangars for the Capital Ships make the phase a non-factor really. There's almost no way to mount a defense. The vehicles on the ground for Resistance are really bad.

    I think we have to remember it took them 7 months of drops to get the Clone Wars content out. They never dropped more than one location into Supremacy. The reinforcements showed up in 3 drops. Co-op was even spread out over 2 months.

    The issues with ST could be a result of them trying to get it all out in 2 months, instead of taking 5 or 6 months.

    Solution? I think they should revisit ST Supremacy in the late summer, early fall with the following:
    • Updated Capital Ships with hangars
    • Unique vehicles for Resistance
    • more skins
    • maybe even Poe and Hux

    This may be why OT is not getting Capital Ships. They might be adding them later on when they've had time to work on them.

    This!
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    a. Alot of people wanted OT co-op and supremacy asap
    b. There isn't much ST content left to add unless they dip into the books and comics and Resistance tv show. The movies don't have alot of planets where actual full scale Resistance-First Order battles took place, many of the planets shown didn't have battles. As for heroes, they've added most of who they can add, except maybe Poe and Hux. There are still a few odds and ends left to add, ST skins for Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, and Palpatine, Crait and the ST capital ships for co-op, but they can always come back and add those in a short season later.

    You completely ignored my original post I think. What I am saying is that what they added needs more work.

    And I disagree about not being a lot to add.
    Kjimi would make an awesome CS map.

    Is Kjimi the snow planet from episode 9? Kind of want to see that one myself, but unless I'm forgetting something, a large scale battle didn't take place there in the movie.

    Neither did one happen on Ajan Kloss

    Exactly, and it’s a great map. That argument about large scaled battles not taking place in a location therefore it shouldn’t be added is so ridiculous.

    Yes. I'm pretty sure the rebels never boarded the death star II. At some point these arguments don't work.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    a. Alot of people wanted OT co-op and supremacy asap
    b. There isn't much ST content left to add unless they dip into the books and comics and Resistance tv show. The movies don't have alot of planets where actual full scale Resistance-First Order battles took place, many of the planets shown didn't have battles. As for heroes, they've added most of who they can add, except maybe Poe and Hux. There are still a few odds and ends left to add, ST skins for Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, and Palpatine, Crait and the ST capital ships for co-op, but they can always come back and add those in a short season later.

    You completely ignored my original post I think. What I am saying is that what they added needs more work.

    And I disagree about not being a lot to add.
    Kjimi would make an awesome CS map.

    Is Kjimi the snow planet from episode 9? Kind of want to see that one myself, but unless I'm forgetting something, a large scale battle didn't take place there in the movie.

    Neither did one happen on Ajan Kloss

    Exactly, and it’s a great map. That argument about large scaled battles not taking place in a location therefore it shouldn’t be added is so ridiculous.

    Yes. I'm pretty sure the rebels never boarded the death star II. At some point these arguments don't work.

    I like to imagine this game's battles as a "What if ?".

    Like in Total Waei games, you have some accurate starting positions and roster, but then history shapes the way you play it and you go wherever you want.

    I'd take Film battles over Dice homemade though. Say ROTJ Endor over Post-ROTJ Endor.
  • DarthJ
    7081 posts Member
    Definitely need more ST content. Couple of updates not being CW related and they all lose their minds :D Petulance.

    And the fact they say Clone skins dont count so therefore ST should get no trooper skins....yet clones have about 90 different ones

    They can wait their turn like everyone else has
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    Because the sequel trilogy is terrible fanfiction...

    If there is Disney era content that needs to be done it's the mandalorian.

    The prequels are only terrible and not fanfiction. Can't see the reason to include those before ST.

    ST is real Star Wars, not a whining Christensen, not a boring Ewan (who got the job only because he looks like an old Alec), not an old and burned out Saruman and no Amiga-level computer graphics.

    Can't blame you for answering that.

    I just think all eras should have their piece of the cake. If everyone gets something to enjoy, more people would be willing to buy the game, more money for Dice, then even more content to come for one's favorite era.

    We got some enjoyable PT stuff, and I expect more, but in due time. Selfishness around this era, or another, will never be something to catter for.
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    Because the sequel trilogy is terrible fanfiction...

    If there is Disney era content that needs to be done it's the mandalorian.

    The prequels are only terrible and not fanfiction. Can't see the reason to include those before ST.

    ST is real Star Wars, not a whining Christensen, not a boring Ewan (who got the job only because he looks like an old Alec), not an old and burned out Saruman and no Amiga-level computer graphics.



    EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

    ...

    Tho I try to not go salty these days. If the people like them prequels fine. Why tho is beyond me.

  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Because the sequel trilogy is terrible fanfiction...

    If there is Disney era content that needs to be done it's the mandalorian.

    The prequels are only terrible and not fanfiction. Can't see the reason to include those before ST.

    ST is real Star Wars, not a whining Christensen, not a boring Ewan (who got the job only because he looks like an old Alec), not an old and burned out Saruman and no Amiga-level computer graphics.



    EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

    ...

    Tho I try to not go salty these days. If the people like them prequels fine. Why tho is beyond me.

    Why ? There are mostly two very opposite schools. PT lovers and PT haters. Everyone loves OT.

    Those who enjoyed PT is because it has a different feeling from OT. They want diversity in Star Wars : Ships, planets and factions. PT lovers are likely to be more appreciative of SFX despite their flaws because of the different visuals they bring. They are also likely to dislike ST, not because they wanted ST to feel like PT, but instead they wanted it to feel different from both OT and PT.

    Those who dislike PT is because it feels different from OT. To feel like Star Wars, you have to feel like OT. They are then more likely to enjoy ST because it was made to feel like OT.

    Both schools will never agree on the subject 😁

    For PT though, actors are often shown as a problem. It must be an English thing. Other countries have dubbing. In France, Anakin and Obi-Wan have some famous and very good voice actors that make the characters sound right. I know in Germany, they are also fond of their voice actors.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    ST does not deserve the same level that CW got. Byebye

    Many stories that exist deserve to be ignored. And some that are forgotten deserve the light. Can you give it to them, Prometheus?

    Then do not be too eager to deal out erasure in judgement.

    The story of OOM-9 deserves to never see the light. But I Prometheus shall bestow the light upon Ahsoka instead

    original.gif

    Now in all seriousness. I probably more than anyone else in this thread dislikes the ST, or at least the only one obsessive enough to write multiple essays over the past 2 years on it

    However here's the thing, the ST has fans. Regardless if I dislike the ST I cannot and will not allow my bias to say there shouldn't be any ST content just because I don't like it

    So saying the ST doesn't deserve the same amount of content quantity as the CW did is hilariously hypocritical and most importantly

    Elitist.

    tenor.gif

    You have become the very thing you swore was bad!

    True but even though ST got 1-2 updates they had a lot of content in those updates. 5 new reinforcements, 2 heros, multiple skins, and a new map along with IA,COOP, and CS.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Because the sequel trilogy is terrible fanfiction...

    If there is Disney era content that needs to be done it's the mandalorian.

    The prequels are only terrible and not fanfiction. Can't see the reason to include those before ST.

    ST is real Star Wars, not a whining Christensen, not a boring Ewan (who got the job only because he looks like an old Alec), not an old and burned out Saruman and no Amiga-level computer graphics.



    EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

    ...

    Tho I try to not go salty these days. If the people like them prequels fine. Why tho is beyond me.

    Why ? There are mostly two very opposite schools. PT lovers and PT haters. Everyone loves OT.

    Those who enjoyed PT is because it has a different feeling from OT. They want diversity in Star Wars : Ships, planets and factions. PT lovers are likely to be more appreciative of SFX despite their flaws because of the different visuals they bring. They are also likely to dislike ST, not because they wanted ST to feel like PT, but instead they wanted it to feel different from both OT and PT.

    Those who dislike PT is because it feels different from OT. To feel like Star Wars, you have to feel like OT. They are then more likely to enjoy ST because it was made to feel like OT.

    Both schools will never agree on the subject 😁

    For PT though, actors are often shown as a problem. It must be an English thing. Other countries have dubbing. In France, Anakin and Obi-Wan have some famous and very good voice actors that make the characters sound right. I know in Germany, they are also fond of their voice actors.

    Best post Ive seen in my entire time on here. You hit the nail on the head good sir.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • ROMG4
    4726 posts Member

    True but even though ST got 1-2 updates they had a lot of content in those updates. 5 new reinforcements, 2 heros, multiple skins, and a new map along with IA,COOP, and CS.

    But by this argument then both the ST and PT have more than enough content and it is the OT that should be the primary focus. It isn't necessarily the amount of content they got but how long it took them to get it

    ST fans waited two years without anything new, not even skins. PT fans had a whole year dedicated to them. That's the primary difference
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

    Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • I am surprised they didn't do something with Exegol
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's
  • I just want the unused content from the files/campaign
    bqnroke8ovn0.png
    dtlillnt0v2e.png
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

    True but even though ST got 1-2 updates they had a lot of content in those updates. 5 new reinforcements, 2 heros, multiple skins, and a new map along with IA,COOP, and CS.

    But by this argument then both the ST and PT have more than enough content and it is the OT that should be the primary focus. It isn't necessarily the amount of content they got but how long it took them to get it

    ST fans waited two years without anything new, not even skins. PT fans had a whole year dedicated to them. That's the primary difference

    Yes, OT should be the primary focus now. Or IMO once ST fully is near PT's current state.

    But a whole year of PT is not really on PT's fault. New game modes were being made in the background, and PT came up as the beta tester. We can question this choice, but the era does come up as the players' favorite in several surveys including Dice's. Hence why it felt natural for them to choose it. The cry out may have been far worse if another era had been picked to start CS.

    Back in April 2019, switching to another era after PT launched CS would have required way more time. Time to develop new ships and ground maps. By sticking to PT they could make the best of the time they had by only focusing on ground maps for some time. They were also obvisouly working on AI meanwhile. Then, Instant Action and Coop could use all the work they had done for the ground maps. They could then reverse the workflow with the other eras, starting with Ground maps for Coop and Instant Action, finishing with CS and the ships. Posts that call for more PT content "now", without regard for other eras, shouldn't be a thing.

    As long as all eras end up with a similar amount of content when support ends, I feel time should be nothing for us. Nothing urges regarding games. Though I'd say OT diserves a bit more, because it covers more films and series.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »

    True but even though ST got 1-2 updates they had a lot of content in those updates. 5 new reinforcements, 2 heros, multiple skins, and a new map along with IA,COOP, and CS.

    But by this argument then both the ST and PT have more than enough content and it is the OT that should be the primary focus. It isn't necessarily the amount of content they got but how long it took them to get it

    ST fans waited two years without anything new, not even skins. PT fans had a whole year dedicated to them. That's the primary difference

    Yes, OT should be the primary focus now. Or IMO once ST fully is near PT's current state.

    But a whole year of PT is not really on PT's fault. New game modes were being made in the background, and PT came up as the beta tester. We can question this choice, but the era does come up as the players' favorite in several surveys including Dice's. Hence why it felt natural for them to choose it. The cry out may have been far worse if another era had been picked to start CS.

    Back in April 2019, switching to another era after PT launched CS would have required way more time. Time to develop new ships and ground maps. By sticking to PT they could make the best of the time they had by only focusing on ground maps for some time. They were also obvisouly working on AI meanwhile. Then, Instant Action and Coop could use all the work they had done for the ground maps. They could then reverse the workflow with the other eras, starting with Ground maps for Coop and Instant Action, finishing with CS and the ships. Posts that call for more PT content "now", without regard for other eras, shouldn't be a thing.

    As long as all eras end up with a similar amount of content when support ends, I feel time should be nothing for us. Nothing urges regarding games. Though I'd say OT diserves a bit more, because it covers more films and series.

    ST shouldn't get any more content at this point. Its not like we PT loved the drip fed content. It was dumb and took too long. But with this next OT update (Sacrif+CS) OT will have the most content (It still might have the most content rn if Im not wrong. This isn't counting CS,COOP or IA but maps heros, etc.) PT needs a update somepoint during Clone Wars after OT gets Scarif. After that I think support should end.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Because the sequel trilogy is terrible fanfiction...

    If there is Disney era content that needs to be done it's the mandalorian.

    The prequels are only terrible and not fanfiction. Can't see the reason to include those before ST.

    ST is real Star Wars, not a whining Christensen, not a boring Ewan (who got the job only because he looks like an old Alec), not an old and burned out Saruman and no Amiga-level computer graphics.



    EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

    ...

    Tho I try to not go salty these days. If the people like them prequels fine. Why tho is beyond me.

    Why ? There are mostly two very opposite schools. PT lovers and PT haters. Everyone loves OT.

    Those who enjoyed PT is because it has a different feeling from OT. They want diversity in Star Wars : Ships, planets and factions. PT lovers are likely to be more appreciative of SFX despite their flaws because of the different visuals they bring. They are also likely to dislike ST, not because they wanted ST to feel like PT, but instead they wanted it to feel different from both OT and PT.

    Those who dislike PT is because it feels different from OT. To feel like Star Wars, you have to feel like OT. They are then more likely to enjoy ST because it was made to feel like OT.

    Both schools will never agree on the subject 😁

    For PT though, actors are often shown as a problem. It must be an English thing. Other countries have dubbing. In France, Anakin and Obi-Wan have some famous and very good voice actors that make the characters sound right. I know in Germany, they are also fond of their voice actors.

    Great post. To me, I think it has to do with how invested someone is in the overall lore of Star Wars. PT fans seem to be more invested in the lore rather than just a feel good SciFi experience. With the PT, we get a larger view of life in the Republic, life as a Jedi, various worlds, etc. The SFX make that possible, so yes fans are forgiving when SFX don't measure up. By extension, the Clone Wars is a loved series because it gives an even deeper look at life in the Republic days and during the war itself. We get a deeper look at the dark side and bounty hunter life the movies don't give us. We get a look at Mandalore and what was going on there.

    I think you raise a great point about voice acting. Clone Wars has excellent voice acting, and fans have long wondered what an animated PT would be like if they used the same voice actors as Clone Wars.

    The ST is divisive because it did nothing to expand the lore. Not a thing. It barely even connects to RotJ. It's also very clear there wasn't an overall plan for the trilogy. There's not even many familiar alien species, even when compared with Mandalorian. But again, you are correct. ST tries to hit so many familiar beats from the OT that OT fans seem more ok with it.

    I'm in the camp that just likes Star Wars lore in general. I get labeled on these forums because I defend PT. But people don't get it. I'm old enough I was a kid when the OT came out. There were no fan clubs or anything. It was brand new and exciting for everyone. After RotJ, we had no idea if we would ever see more Star Wars. Then the books arrived in the 90's. I got into those, and if you can do that, then you can stomach even the ST LOL!!! I actually liked Rise of Skywalker overall. Seriously, the legend books have some great stories and some really cheesy ones.
  • TALON1138
    34 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Well to be fair it got two updates, the one in December and this one, but yeah, it does seem rather soon to be leaving the era, especially when this new content still requires some polish, not sure what the crack is with the transition from ground to cruiser in CS where the screen goes blank, but you still get sound? Supposed to be a hull breach assault rather than landing in the hangar? Either way this should still get a cinematic, and some detailing in the environment geometry behind you to indicate that you have just breached the cruiser's hull or something. Anything less is just lazy.

    And have to agree with you regarding the lack of care taken with the assets on display, FO speeders being used by the Resistance on Ajan Kloss again just comes across as lazy, though I guess these could have been stolen off-world, but if there is an in-movie alternative why not use them? Also the Imperial AT-ST's that they've salvaged should at least be aged with extreme weathering, or perhaps be marked with Resistance insignia in a similar fashion to how those raiders from The Mandalorian customised their Walker in that show. (I've lost count of the times I got confused when I first played this mode on this map and either fired on a friendly Walker, or didn't clock that it was an enemy Walker I was facing, yes, there are differences between FO and Imperial AT-ST's, but they are subtle, especially at long range. Having the Resistance's Walkers be aged, or given distinctive Resistance markings is a must in my mind).

    I'm enjoying the new Sequel Trilogy content, and while I'm eager to see what they bring to the table for the Original Trilogy (my personal fave), I would like to see them do justice to the Sequel Trilogy era and make sure this is well polished before they move on.

    And also, let's not forget our somewhat forgotten and unloved modes, let's get some new content out there for Starfighter Assault and Extraction. These modes still have life in them and fans in the community, but they're truly on their last legs if the developers don't bring out long overdue new content for them soon.
  • I just want the unused content from the files/campaign
    bqnroke8ovn0.png
    dtlillnt0v2e.png

    Those look sick!
  • TALON1138 wrote: »
    Well to be fair it got two updates, the one in December and this one, but yeah, it does seem rather soon to be leaving the era, especially when this new content still requires some polish, not sure what the crack is with the transition from ground to cruiser in CS where the screen goes blank, but you still get sound? Supposed to be a hull breach assault rather than landing in the hangar? Either way this should still get a cinematic, and some detailing in the environment geometry behind you to indicate that you have just breached the cruiser's hull or something. Anything less is just lazy.

    And have to agree with you regarding the lack of care taken with the assets on display, FO speeders being used by the Resistance on Ajan Kloss again just comes across as lazy, though I guess these could have been stolen off-world, but if there is an in-movie alternative why not use them? Also the Imperial AT-ST's that they've salvaged should at least be aged with extreme weathering, or perhaps be marked with Resistance insignia in a similar fashion to how those raiders from The Mandalorian customised their Walker in that show. (I've lost count of the times I got confused when I first played this mode on this map and either fired on a friendly Walker, or didn't clock that it was an enemy Walker I was facing, yes, there are differences between FO and Imperial AT-ST's, but they are subtle, especially at long range. Having the Resistance's Walkers be aged, or given distinctive Resistance markings is a must in my mind).

    I'm enjoying the new Sequel Trilogy content, and while I'm eager to see what they bring to the table for the Original Trilogy (my personal fave), I would like to see them do justice to the Sequel Trilogy era and make sure this is well polished before they move on.

    And also, let's not forget our somewhat forgotten and unloved modes, let's get some new content out there for Starfighter Assault and Extraction. These modes still have life in them and fans in the community, but they're truly on their last legs if the developers don't bring out long overdue new content for them soon.

    Glad you see it that way as well. I was playing SA last night btw. People still playing the mode on PS 4 not much wait time. Amazing if you take into account the last time the mode got any content.
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    Because the sequel trilogy is terrible fanfiction...

    If there is Disney era content that needs to be done it's the mandalorian.

    The prequels are only terrible and not fanfiction. Can't see the reason to include those before ST.

    ST is real Star Wars, not a whining Christensen, not a boring Ewan (who got the job only because he looks like an old Alec), not an old and burned out Saruman and no Amiga-level computer graphics.



    Lol
  • CeymalRen
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Because the sequel trilogy is terrible fanfiction...

    If there is Disney era content that needs to be done it's the mandalorian.

    The prequels are only terrible and not fanfiction. Can't see the reason to include those before ST.

    ST is real Star Wars, not a whining Christensen, not a boring Ewan (who got the job only because he looks like an old Alec), not an old and burned out Saruman and no Amiga-level computer graphics.



    Mark Hamill on the sequel trilogy:
    "That's the difference here. In the old days, there was an overall outline. This one is more like a relay race."
    "I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything you decided about my character." I can’t help but feel a sense of ownership.”
    Sitting alongside Rian Johnson "We are happy to ruin people's childhoods" As Hamill gave a sarcastic smile to the camera.
    "A bigger shock to me was them killing Han Solo before Luke could ever see his best friend again." Hamill says he pitched Abrams on a different idea, to no avail. "But they get the keys to the kingdom, and they're the deciders, so you just have to live with it."
    Star Wars fatigue.' Hamill's take? "I'm not gonna tell them how to run their business, but **is there a possibility of '**Star Wars fatigue'? Yeah, I think there is. I've experienced it, to a certain degree." He adds with a chuckle, "But they never listen to my ideas anyway, so who needs 'em?!"

    Daisy Ridley after the sequel trilogy:
    As far as Ridley is concerned, the future of Rey is pretty much set. She doesn’t want to play the character after the next movie. “No,” she says flatly. “For me, I didn’t really know what I was signing on to. I hadn’t read the script, but from what I could tell, it was really nice people involved, so I was just like, ‘Awesome.’ Now I think I am even luckier than I knew then, to be part of something that feels so like coming home now.” But, um, doesn’t that sort of sound like a yes? “No,” she says again, smiling a little. “No, no, no. I am really, really excited to do the third thing and round it out

    John Boyega + Oscar Isaac
    "The Force Awakens I think was the beginning of something quite solid, The Last Jedi if I'm being honest I'd say that was feeling a bit iffy for me," Boyega says. "I didn't necessarily agree with a lot of the choices in that and that's something that spoke to Mark [Hamill] a lot about and we had conversations about it. And it was hard for all of us, because we were separate."
    When asked how it felt to play the most wasted potential of a character in recent history. Boyega did not deny this element and replied "Over it! Onward and upwards".
    When asked if he is bothered by people asking him about his Finn character. He replied "I've honestly moved on, don't care to talk about it these days"

    “You ain’t going to Disney Plus me!” Meanwhile, when asked by Collider whether he’d be interested in a Disney+ series, Isaac simply responded, “Nope!” Boyega told Variety that he’ll “stay in the feature films,” and would return “as long as Daisy and Oscar are down for it.” But at this point, neither seems too enthusiastic about the task. Additionally, Oscar Isaac fought really hard to keep Poe alive after early scripts had him killed off in act 3 of the first movie. After the release of ROS, Isaac has changed his stance and wished his character would've been killed off in TFA.
    What changed?

    Why were actors that were excited and enthusiastic about their roles in the beginning end up rather bitter and wanting no further association with Star Wars..?


    Currently the The Rise Of Skywalker domestic total stands just under $500 million and the international sum rests just above $1 billion. Adjusting for the domestic list to account for ticket price inflation, Rise of Skywalker sinks down to 84th place. Plus, eight other Star Wars properties would rank ahead of it, including Rogue One and two of the Star Wars prequels.
    Total box office revenue that dropped between Weekend 1 and Weekend 2 isn’t what matters here—it’s the percentage of that drop that tells us how bad things really are. percentage each film’s second weekend drop:

    Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 67.5% drop
    The Lion King - 60% drop
    Captain America: Civil War - 59.5% drop
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - 59.4% drop
    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - 59.2% drop

    Why does the sequel trilogy have 2 of the biggest drops in cinema history..?

    “Skywalker” shows “Disney Star Wars” fatigue. It’s barely at $1 billion, and it’s getting ready to say goodbye. Disney will keep it in movie theaters for a while but the big push is over. In the US, “Skywalker” has earned just half of what “The Force Awakens” raked in.

    Star Wars The Force Awakens - $2.068 billion
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi - $1.333 billion
    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - $1.047 billion

    Why did the numbers get worse with every movie? Usually the opposite occurs with series that have multiple entries like The Avengers. What is the difference..?

    This is getting tired. You just copied and pasted this right?

    Edit: I checked. Yes copied an pasted.

    No one cares if you liked the movie. The Mark Hammil quotes are used out of context. See "The director and the Jedi". Also where are the quotes of Mark prasing both JJ and Rian? Yeah to lazy to check. I see no reason to go into the rest of the cast. You clearly just took the quotes you wanted and ignored the rest.

    Also almost every trilogy in the history of blockbusters has deminishing returns. Like hmmm. The Original Trilogy and the Prequels?

    Try reading some books on the Heroes jurney and watch what JJ and Rian were aiming at. Let's try the old TFA is a remake of ANH argument? Its a big one with the haters and an excuse to completely miss everything the movie has to offer. ANH can in the same way be seen as a remake of "The Seven Samurai". Why don't you quote on how much inspiration TFA and TLJ take from the King Arthur myth? Didn't bother right?

    Many, many more things to mention but I see no point.

    Wouldn't expect much effort from a hater. And this is the big point here. No one cares if you liked the movies or not. We are talking about content in the game.


    Post edited by CeymalRen on
  • Disney ruined Star Wars. They had potential but wasted it to push trash like current social themes and empowerment that no one really asked for or wanted to see in a movie based in another galaxy. Characters were wasted too. Luke the main culprit. How they put him down to prop up Rey is the biggest disgrace to Star Wars ever imo. A Jedi grandmaster being schooled by a rookie who didn't even know she had 'the force'. The whole story behind his isolation was canon-breaking and not keeping with the Luke that everyone knew. That's why they lost money. They install a character who is so much better than the established characters and even better than the grandson of Anakin. They make said grandson an 'emo' with temper tantrums not really befitting a character to fill the shoes of Vader in the story.

    It would have been much better had Disney left Lucas in charge of the movies or had he not even sold the rights to Star Wars to them in the first place.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3636 posts Member
    edited February 16
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Also almost every trilogy in the history of blockbusters has deminishing returns. Like hmmm. The Original Trilogy and the Prequels?

    That is simply not true though. OT did see consecutive decreases, but PT did not. PT did see a drop on episode 2, but episode 3 was up over episode 2, unlike episode 9, which was down compared to episode 8.

    As for other trilogies, there are plenty that didn't have consecutive diminishing returns each movie like the ST did:
    • LOTR: $887m < $951m < $1.14b
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: $654m < $1.06b > $963m
    • The Matrix: $463m < $ 739m > $427m
    • Spider-Man: $821m > $788m < $890m
    • Austin Powers: $67m < $312m > $296m
    • The Hangover: $367m < $586m > $362m
    • Indiana Jones: $389m > $333m < $474m
    • Batman Dark Knight: $371m < $1b < 1.1b
    • Toy Story: $373m < $497m < $1.06b

    In fact, the only other movie trilogies I can think of off the top of my head that saw consecutive decreases like ST had, are the OT, Back to the Future, Ocean's, and The Hobbit, and those 4 had relatively small decreases compared to the ST (especially The Hobbit, which lost less than 10% over the course of the trilogy). ST lost nearly half of it's box office over the course of the trilogy.
  • CeymalRen
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 16
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Also almost every trilogy in the history of blockbusters has deminishing returns. Like hmmm. The Original Trilogy and the Prequels?

    That is simply not true though. PT did see a drop on episode 2, but episode 3 was up over episode 2, unlike episode 9, which was down compared to episode 8.

    As for other trilogies, there are plenty that didn't have diminishing returns each movie like the ST did:
    • LOTR: $887m < $951m < $1.14b
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: $654m < $1.06b > $963m
    • The Matrix: $463m < $ 739m > $427m
    • Spider-Man: $821m > $788m < $890m
    • Austin Powers: $67m < $312m > $296m
    • The Hangover: $367m < $586m > $362m
    • Indiana Jones: $389m > $333m < $474m
    • Batman Dark Knight: $371m < $1b < 1.1b
    • Toy Story: $373m < $497m < $1.06b

    In fact, the only other movie trilogies I can think of off the top of my head that saw consecutive decreases like ST had, are Back to the Future, Ocean's, and The Hobbit, and those 3 had relatively small decreases compared to the ST (especially The Hobbit, which lost less than 10% over the course of the trilogy). ST lost nearly half of it's box office over the course of the trilogy.

    My bad on adding the Prequels to the list.

    I'm pretty sure tho The Dark Knight, Spider Man, Naked Gun, Shrek (If you count the first 3), Godfather, Jurassic Park, Jaws (counting first 3), The hunger games, and many many others can be added to that list. Tho I must admit I can't say if the trend is as clear cut. The point is it's not abnormal. TFA had insane hype on its side and it was sure to make the most money.

    And the dropoff is big in dollars. Not so huge in %. Also even if the dropoff was at 80% no one at Licasfilm would care much because it's still a 1 billion dollar movie on a budget of 150m.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3636 posts Member
    edited February 16
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Also almost every trilogy in the history of blockbusters has deminishing returns. Like hmmm. The Original Trilogy and the Prequels?

    That is simply not true though. PT did see a drop on episode 2, but episode 3 was up over episode 2, unlike episode 9, which was down compared to episode 8.

    As for other trilogies, there are plenty that didn't have diminishing returns each movie like the ST did:
    • LOTR: $887m < $951m < $1.14b
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: $654m < $1.06b > $963m
    • The Matrix: $463m < $ 739m > $427m
    • Spider-Man: $821m > $788m < $890m
    • Austin Powers: $67m < $312m > $296m
    • The Hangover: $367m < $586m > $362m
    • Indiana Jones: $389m > $333m < $474m
    • Batman Dark Knight: $371m < $1b < 1.1b
    • Toy Story: $373m < $497m < $1.06b

    In fact, the only other movie trilogies I can think of off the top of my head that saw consecutive decreases like ST had, are Back to the Future, Ocean's, and The Hobbit, and those 3 had relatively small decreases compared to the ST (especially The Hobbit, which lost less than 10% over the course of the trilogy). ST lost nearly half of it's box office over the course of the trilogy.

    My bad on adding the Prequels to the list.

    I'm pretty sure tho The Dark Knight, Spider Man, Naked Gun, Shrek (If you count the first 3), Godfather, Jurassic Park, Jaws (counting first 3), and many many others can be added to that list. The point is it's not abnormal.

    And the dropoff is big in dollars. Not so huge in %. Also even if the dropoff was at 80% no one at Licasfilm would care much because it's still a 1.5 billion dollar movie on a budget of 150m.

    Dark Knight and Spider-Man were on my list, and neither saw consecutive decreases, in fact Dark Knight had consecutive increases. I did forget those others:
    • Shrek saw an increase on the 2nd movie and a small decrease on the 3rd (still above the first movie).
    • Naked Gun saw an increase on the 2nd, but a big decrease on the 3rd.
    • No idea how I forgot Jurassic Park. You are right about it, it not only saw consecutive decreases like ST, but it lost more than half of it's box office over the course of the trilogy.
    • I'll give you Jaws, it did see consecutive decreases, but honestly Jaws was a movie that never should have had sequels to begin with, so it is understandable that the sequels were critical and commercial flops.
    • Godfather also saw consecutive decreases like ST.
  • CeymalRen
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 16
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Also almost every trilogy in the history of blockbusters has deminishing returns. Like hmmm. The Original Trilogy and the Prequels?

    That is simply not true though. PT did see a drop on episode 2, but episode 3 was up over episode 2, unlike episode 9, which was down compared to episode 8.

    As for other trilogies, there are plenty that didn't have diminishing returns each movie like the ST did:
    • LOTR: $887m < $951m < $1.14b
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: $654m < $1.06b > $963m
    • The Matrix: $463m < $ 739m > $427m
    • Spider-Man: $821m > $788m < $890m
    • Austin Powers: $67m < $312m > $296m
    • The Hangover: $367m < $586m > $362m
    • Indiana Jones: $389m > $333m < $474m
    • Batman Dark Knight: $371m < $1b < 1.1b
    • Toy Story: $373m < $497m < $1.06b

    In fact, the only other movie trilogies I can think of off the top of my head that saw consecutive decreases like ST had, are Back to the Future, Ocean's, and The Hobbit, and those 3 had relatively small decreases compared to the ST (especially The Hobbit, which lost less than 10% over the course of the trilogy). ST lost nearly half of it's box office over the course of the trilogy.

    My bad on adding the Prequels to the list.

    I'm pretty sure tho The Dark Knight, Spider Man, Naked Gun, Shrek (If you count the first 3), Godfather, Jurassic Park, Jaws (counting first 3), and many many others can be added to that list. The point is it's not abnormal.

    And the dropoff is big in dollars. Not so huge in %. Also even if the dropoff was at 80% no one at Licasfilm would care much because it's still a 1.5 billion dollar movie on a budget of 150m.

    Dark Knight is on my list, and it saw consecutive increases. I did forget those others:
    • Shrek saw an increase on the 2nd movie and a small decrease on the 3rd (still above the first movie).
    • Naked Gun saw an increase on the 2nd, but a big decrease on the 3rd.
    • No idea how I forgot Jurassic Park. You are right about it, it not only saw consecutive decreases like ST, but it lost more than half of it's box office over the course of the trilogy.
    • I'll give you Jaws, it did see consecutive decreases, but honestly Jaws was a movie that never should have had sequels to begin with, so it is understandable that the sequels were critical and commercial flops.
    • Godfather also saw consecutive decreases like ST.

    Good job. Good info. Box office Mojo?

    Was almost sure TDK was going down over time. :o
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Also almost every trilogy in the history of blockbusters has deminishing returns. Like hmmm. The Original Trilogy and the Prequels?

    That is simply not true though. PT did see a drop on episode 2, but episode 3 was up over episode 2, unlike episode 9, which was down compared to episode 8.

    As for other trilogies, there are plenty that didn't have diminishing returns each movie like the ST did:
    • LOTR: $887m < $951m < $1.14b
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: $654m < $1.06b > $963m
    • The Matrix: $463m < $ 739m > $427m
    • Spider-Man: $821m > $788m < $890m
    • Austin Powers: $67m < $312m > $296m
    • The Hangover: $367m < $586m > $362m
    • Indiana Jones: $389m > $333m < $474m
    • Batman Dark Knight: $371m < $1b < 1.1b
    • Toy Story: $373m < $497m < $1.06b

    In fact, the only other movie trilogies I can think of off the top of my head that saw consecutive decreases like ST had, are Back to the Future, Ocean's, and The Hobbit, and those 3 had relatively small decreases compared to the ST (especially The Hobbit, which lost less than 10% over the course of the trilogy). ST lost nearly half of it's box office over the course of the trilogy.

    My bad on adding the Prequels to the list.

    I'm pretty sure tho The Dark Knight, Spider Man, Naked Gun, Shrek (If you count the first 3), Godfather, Jurassic Park, Jaws (counting first 3), and many many others can be added to that list. The point is it's not abnormal.

    And the dropoff is big in dollars. Not so huge in %. Also even if the dropoff was at 80% no one at Licasfilm would care much because it's still a 1.5 billion dollar movie on a budget of 150m.

    Dark Knight is on my list, and it saw consecutive increases. I did forget those others:
    • Shrek saw an increase on the 2nd movie and a small decrease on the 3rd (still above the first movie).
    • Naked Gun saw an increase on the 2nd, but a big decrease on the 3rd.
    • No idea how I forgot Jurassic Park. You are right about it, it not only saw consecutive decreases like ST, but it lost more than half of it's box office over the course of the trilogy.
    • I'll give you Jaws, it did see consecutive decreases, but honestly Jaws was a movie that never should have had sequels to begin with, so it is understandable that the sequels were critical and commercial flops.
    • Godfather also saw consecutive decreases like ST.

    Good job. Good info. Box office Mojo?

    Wikipedia.
  • A bit sidetracked either way as interesting as it is. I don't really care much about the box office. Just don't like to see these arguments against the ST as I see them as grasping at straws. All of them are insanely popular and made sick money. If we wanna be mean I could just as we say any of the new movies made more than the Prequels and we could play that number game.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    A bit sidetracked either way as interesting as it is. I don't really care much about the box office. Just don't like to see these arguments against the ST
    Of course you don't. Because box office and numbers are objective facts that flip your narrative upside down. While any veteran star wars fan can dissect and fully break down the plotholes, retcons, chemistry issues, terrible antagonists, etc that plague the ST. It will inevitably be disregarded as opinion. I'm sure this is the case even when past and present actors of the series have spoken out on the ST's terrible quality and questionable direction.
    If we wanna be mean I could just as we say any of the new movies made more than the Prequels and we could play that number game.

    You could. But your numbers would not be accurate unlike the ones I posted that account for multiple factors to make it an even playing field.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    A bit sidetracked either way as interesting as it is. I don't really care much about the box office. Just don't like to see these arguments against the ST as I see them as grasping at straws. All of them are insanely popular and made sick money. If we wanna be mean I could just as we say any of the new movies made more than the Prequels and we could play that number game.

    The only reason why the ST raked in as much money as they did was because they had the Star Wars name on them. Had the ST released first before OT and PT Star Wars would have never been as big as it is now.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • Meerkat wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    A bit sidetracked either way as interesting as it is. I don't really care much about the box office. Just don't like to see these arguments against the ST
    Of course you don't. Because box office and numbers are objective facts that flip your narrative upside down. While any veteran star wars fan can dissect and fully break down the plotholes, retcons, chemistry issues, terrible antagonists, etc that plague the ST. It will inevitably be disregarded as opinion. I'm sure this is the case even when past and present actors of the series have spoken out on the ST's terrible quality and questionable direction.
    If we wanna be mean I could just as we say any of the new movies made more than the Prequels and we could play that number game.

    You could. But your numbers would not be accurate unlike the ones I posted that account for multiple factors to make it an even playing field.

    But we already agreed that the numbers you posted are rigged as it is not unusual for box office to drop with every new movie. Rigged is the wrong word here. Silly and proving nothing I guess is the more accurate term.

    Also after how the prequels run the good name of the franchise to the ground it was not so clear cut. Now star wars is back and none of your forum posts will change that.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    A bit sidetracked either way as interesting as it is. I don't really care much about the box office. Just don't like to see these arguments against the ST as I see them as grasping at straws. All of them are insanely popular and made sick money. If we wanna be mean I could just as we say any of the new movies made more than the Prequels and we could play that number game.

    The only reason why the ST raked in as much money as they did was because they had the Star Wars name on them. Had the ST released first before OT and PT Star Wars would have never been as big as it is now.

    So did the prequels and they managed to kill the franchise for 15 years.

  • Let's try not to derail the thread into yet another PT vs ST no man's land. I feel we're not bringing anything new. We all have our tastes.

    I know, it's easy coming from me ! But I admit I'd like to read something from the devs regarding the original subject. Especially about Crait and Starkiller. Unlike PT's current state, ST doesn't feel polished enough to move yet. Unless they tackle this in the background during the future OT waves.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    Let's try not to derail the thread into yet another PT vs ST no man's land. I feel we're not bringing anything new. We all have our tastes.

    I know, it's easy coming from me ! But I admit I'd like to read something from the devs regarding the original subject. Especially about Crait and Starkiller. Unlike PT's current state, ST doesn't feel polished enough to move yet. Unless they tackle this in the background during the future OT waves.

    I agree. We had these arguments before.
  • Guille92h
    87 posts Member
    edited February 17
    From ST i think the only that lack is Crait and Starkiller Base for Co-Op and Supremacy and some skins like Luke ST skin or First order troopers skins, maybe even the reinforment with the staff that fights Finn, Poe is already as starfighter hero, he is not a big soldier hero and Hux is not a soldier he is not even involve in any fight that i remember. They could add Leia or Luke and Sidious as fourth hero and villian of the ST also, i don't understand why they are not in the ST maps of supremacy and Co-Op if they appeared in the movies.
    Post edited by Guille92h on
  • Guille92h wrote: »
    From PT i think the only that lack is Crait and Starkiller Base for Co-Op and Supremacy and some skins like Luke ST skin or First order troopers skins, maybe even the reinforment with the staff that fights Finn, Poe is already as starfighter hero, he is not a big soldier hero and Hux is not a soldier he is not even involve in any fight that i remember. They could add Leia or Luke and Sidious as fourth hero and villian of the ST also, i don't understand why they are not in the ST maps of supremacy and Co-Op if they appeared in the movies.

    Pretty much. I don't really much care for new heros tbh. I just want to be immersed in the world. So some polish is much, much needed.
  • I love how pretty much all youtubers just ignore the subject. With the odd exception here and there. Also no word on any of the channels on the "B.O.T.G" fiasco. That tells you pretty much who these people cater to.

    As for Dice. The game had an influx of players thanks to the new movie and yet instead of hitting the iron wile it's hot they just phone it it. I don't get it.
  • Awesome. Another trilogy debate. I remember when the prequels were just as hated as the sequels are now. People were making feature length documentaries and essays just to tear them down.

    And now look. Despite the hate, there was a generation of kids that grew up loving the prequels and just saw them as Star Wars.

    The same has happened for the sequels.

    I can't wait until Battlefront 4 or 5, when the majority playerbase will be teens and young adults who grew up loving the adventures of Rey and her friends.
    I look forward to that.
    m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg
    Xbox Live: PREDATOR EWOK



  • Awesome. Another trilogy debate. I remember when the prequels were just as hated as the sequels are now. People were making feature length documentaries and essays just to tear them down.

    And now look. Despite the hate, there was a generation of kids that grew up loving the prequels and just saw them as Star Wars.

    The same has happened for the sequels.

    I can't wait until Battlefront 4 or 5, when the majority playerbase will be teens and young adults who grew up loving the adventures of Rey and her friends.
    I look forward to that.

    I thought we moved on rather quick. Why bring us back to the debate again?
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Nah the ST is garbage & is probably the least played era in the game. Know how many people see jakku or takodana & back out.

    Actually the prequels are garbage that we had to live with for the last year.

    Drip fed, drip fed..... oh where is the......
    DRIP FED PT content.

    Yes so? We waited for a long time for the CW to end. Its waaaaaayyyyy to soon for it to start again.

    Exactly my point...... ;)
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »

    I think the ST deserves the same level of detail the CW got.

    Was completely on board with everything you said until that.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »

    I think the ST deserves the same level of detail the CW got.

    Was completely on board with everything you said until that.

    Well i think every era, not just one era deserves the same detail. PT got a year and two months of content (though it was annoyingly and boringly drip fed).... but there's still some things that need some tweeking in the ST Supremacy. Like the fact that it just shows a black screen when you're boarding the capital ships in the ST Supremacy, it should definitely show that you're actually boarding the ship, and not just a black screen, also the fact that both the FO and Resistance need new speeders.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • More ST content is a must. Then OT, which should include Solo, Rogue One and Mando content. CW lifers can hold their horses.
Sign In or Register to comment.