criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why are we moving away from ST after one update?

Replies

• CeymalRen
    1803 posts Member
    cjthibs wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    If this is your argument its not a good one. They had to justify going into the CW somehow.

Are you implying they lied to us because they wanted to do Clone Wars stuff? Why would they do that?

All im saying is you make pool and drop it on the Reddit echo chambers and what you will get back is "moar prequal stUFf and Herores!!!!".
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    If this is your argument its not a good one. They had to justify going into the CW somehow.

Are you implying they lied to us because they wanted to do Clone Wars stuff? Why would they do that?

All im saying is you make pool and drop it on the Reddit echo chambers and what you will get back is "moar prequal stUFf and Herores!!!!".

I do want to apologize for using the word poll earlier. What F8RGE was talking about earlier was not a poll, reddit or otherwise, he's talking about statistics gathered by DICE of what people are actually playing in the game. People are playing more Prequel trilogy stuff...objectively. Kinda hard to argue that it's the result of an echo chamber.
  • CeymalRen
    1803 posts Member
    edited March 21

I do want to apologize for using the word poll earlier. What F8RGE was talking about earlier was not a poll, reddit or otherwise, he's talking about statistics gathered by DICE of what people are actually playing in the game. People are playing more Prequel trilogy stuff...objectively. Kinda hard to argue that it's the result of an echo chamber.

No harm done.

This makes my argument even stronger though. At the time he was making these comments only new content comming and in game was Prequel related. Sure people are gonna play it most. Like with CS vs GA. Sure more people Play CS. GA had no new content in over a year and a half.
  • CeymalRen
    1803 posts Member

But then he has no argument Lol

Think again.

No harm done.

This makes my argument even stronger though. At the time he was making these comments only new content comming and in game was Prequel related. Sure people are gonna play it most. Like with CS vs GA. Sure more people Play CS. GA had no new content in over a year and a half.

So would that mean last month the sequels were the “most popular mode” yet no one said it and it wasn’t played much
  • CeymalRen
    1803 posts Member

No harm done.

So would that mean last month the sequels were the “most popular mode” yet no one said it and it wasn’t played much

Oh and where did you get that statistic I wonder?

Also they havent commented on the popularity of content since the comment at hand so why would they now? What's your point? They will not comment on this when Scariff arrives either I bet. Still I can tell you that Naboo will not be the most popular map that month.
  • cjthibs wrote: »
    parasite wrote: »

There's loads more for the Resistance. And to be honest this is where the laziness gets me. It's literally the same alien heads. No reason to keep the same faces.

lt's not laziness. It's good business. The majority of players don't care about the sequel trilogy...the polls have already been done. They could pander to the loud minority who like the ridiculously bad sequel trilogy or they could do what's best for the most people. It's a simple choice, too bad it doesn't favor you but you should really move on.

BTW, the Star Destroyers even needing a navigation tower or whatever stupid **** that was is so far beyond reasonable it's crazy. That's not even mentioning why would anyone build them underground then fly them up -through- the ground. Everything in the new trilogy was written for one of two reasons: Visual impact or Convenience. That's it. A barely-connected mess of plot contrivances and over-the-top visual affects. If you like it...good for you but don't hate others for seeing through it.

shouldnt judge the content because of the movies.
    I would love to see Kijimi and Poe in the game, and i dont even like the st

I wasn't. The data we have from the community manager indicates that the Sequel Trilogy is the least popular IN THE GAME. Fewer people want to play it. They could keep developing the eras people actually like in large numbers or waste time on the stuff people don't seem to want. Pretty obvious what they should do.

Sorry, must have read wrong, but most people do actually do that.

• polarition
    2403 posts Member
    edited March 21
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    those guys that come into our 5 ahsoka threads

Lol stop
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • ROMG4
    4726 posts Member
    edited March 21
    Clanker fans: go into Ahsoka threads claiming she doesn’t deserve a spot in the game for uniqueness reasons and gameplay reasons and then try to bring in CW characters that over shadow them.

Clanker fans: think a Battledroid should be a hero

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

I cannot help but speak the truth in this manner as you have put it, the truth cannot be blocked

No blaster heroes since launch, no proper droid hero, tons of potential. This is the way

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

I do also like how you tried to deflect the criticism so you wouldn't have to acknowledge
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Clanker fans: go into Ahsoka threads claiming she doesn’t deserve a spot in the game for uniqueness reasons and gameplay reasons and then try to bring in CW characters that over shadow them.

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

I cannot help but speak the truth in this manner as you have put it, the truth cannot be blocked

No blaster heroes since launch, no proper droid hero, tons of potential. This is the way

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

I do also like how you tried to deflect the criticism so you wouldn't have to acknowledge

I do also like how you don’t see your own irony el o el
  • ROMG4
    4726 posts Member
    edited March 21

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂

She was definitely one of the more frustrating to deal with GOT characters.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • Feelee16
    2231 posts Member
    They should make Kylo ren's hair move in game
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • polarition wrote: »

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂

interesting show, and i actually didnt hate the ending
  • parasite wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂

A lot of people hated it. I actually liked the ending, same as you. I can understand why people had some frustration, but I think overall the season was still pretty cool and there wasn't really any other way to end the show.

72aob7b857pp.png

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂

A lot of people hated it. I actually liked the ending, same as you. I can understand why people had some frustration, but I think overall the season was still pretty cool and there wasn't really any other way to end the show.

Yeah the fact that the winter was so hyped up, and it died in like 3 episodes, must have frustrated many people, for me it was okay

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂

Cersei deserved worse than what she got.
  • also bran stark shouldnt have become king, but i saw it coming bcuz of the leaks.

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂

Eh. I thought her ending was worth it. She literally lost everything in the process, too. Her entire kingdom: gone. Her children: gone.

72aob7b857pp.png

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂

Eh. I thought her ending was worth it. She literally lost everything in the process, too. Her entire kingdom: gone. Her children: gone.

tomlim jumping off a windowww

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂

I think the only thing I was actually disappointed about was Joffrey. I was SUPER late to watching the show and people were always talking about how awful he was as a person and then I watched the show finally and he only had like 3 episodes as king and barely did anything lol

72aob7b857pp.png

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂

I think the only thing I was actually disappointed about was Joffrey. I was SUPER late to watching the show and people were always talking about how awful he was as a person and then I watched the show finally and he only had like 3 episodes as king and barely did anything lol

Jofrey was still a **** person, tomlin wasnt that bad

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂

Yeah, I just felt he needed more screen time, though.

72aob7b857pp.png

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

3tj716.gif

😂😂

Yeah, I just felt he needed more screen time, though.

fair enough
  • If ANYONE needed more screen time it was Rob easy
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    Yes. So its these (some of them are in game):

pyg1j4tw7iob.png

plus a caped version of the Snow Trooper:

zbfzqzte7o61.png

An optional skin for the rocket trooper:

7k850jm6qrhr.png

Optional rank insignia:

urhey3wrfwof.png

Plus pilots (that I agree should be available for the officer for every fractions)

rxndapp484rh.png

additional officer variant:

c4mg8jtjov8a.png

There's loads more for the Resistance. And to be honest this is where the laziness gets me. It's literally the same alien heads. No reason to keep the same faces.

SCUBA trooper

first-order-scuba-troopers-main_21f15375.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720&width=960

Tech trooper

tech-stormtrooper-main_4ed90fe2.jpeg?region=1%2C0%2C1278%2C719&width=960

Forgot about those. Though I must admit the Scuba troopers would not be practical on any map.

Maybe, if they made a map for Castilon that lets us fight underwater or something.
  • lowell wrote: »

pyg1j4tw7iob.png

zbfzqzte7o61.png

7k850jm6qrhr.png

Optional rank insignia:

urhey3wrfwof.png

Plus pilots (that I agree should be available for the officer for every fractions)

rxndapp484rh.png

c4mg8jtjov8a.png

SCUBA trooper

first-order-scuba-troopers-main_21f15375.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720&width=960

Tech trooper

Forgot about those. Though I must admit the Scuba troopers would not be practical on any map.

Maybe, if they made a map for Castilon that lets us fight underwater or something.

Yeah but I'm not sure Dice will be that creative. Besides they seem to be interested in just doing things that had some screen time in the movies. Felutia being the most unusual map we got so far.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member

pyg1j4tw7iob.png

zbfzqzte7o61.png

7k850jm6qrhr.png

Optional rank insignia:

urhey3wrfwof.png

rxndapp484rh.png

c4mg8jtjov8a.png

SCUBA trooper

Tech trooper

Yeah but I'm not sure Dice will be that creative. Besides they seem to be interested in just doing things that had some screen time in the movies. Felutia being the most unusual map we got so far.

Ryloth's SA map also not from the films.
  • SnakeMajin
    785 posts Member
    edited March 22

pyg1j4tw7iob.png

zbfzqzte7o61.png

7k850jm6qrhr.png

Optional rank insignia:

urhey3wrfwof.png

rxndapp484rh.png

c4mg8jtjov8a.png

SCUBA trooper

Tech trooper

As far as PT is concerned, the content is heavily inspired by the series. Both SA maps, both Bombers, the Jetpack B2s, the BX Commando Droïds, 4 hero skins, the Wolfpack, ARF and Phase 1 Coruscant guard skins... all this comes directly from TCW.

Even stuff that was in the films and Legends - like ARC Troopers, Felucia and Kamino - takes its inspiration directly from TCW. ARCs are wearing their TCW helmet, backpack and all. Kamino displays almost all of the locations we see in the series and clearly is set in TCW Season 3 with the Trident Assault ships. Felucia gets a prominent village/farm like we have in TCW.

We are way further than just some winks. And that's because only 2 films out of 3 really cover the Clone Wars.

As far as ST is concerned, there is still lots of inspiration to take from the films themselves before getting into Resistance I believe.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    SnakeMajin wrote: »

pyg1j4tw7iob.png

zbfzqzte7o61.png

7k850jm6qrhr.png

Optional rank insignia:

urhey3wrfwof.png

rxndapp484rh.png

c4mg8jtjov8a.png

SCUBA trooper

Tech trooper

As far as PT is concerned, the content is heavily inspired by the series. Both SA maps, both Bombers, the Jetpack B2s, the BX Commando Droïds, 4 hero skins, the Wolfpack, ARF and Phase 1 Coruscant guard skins... all this comes directly from TCW.

Even stuff that was in the films and Legends - like ARC Troopers, Felucia and Kamino - takes its inspiration directly from TCW. ARCs are wearing their TCW helmet, backpack and all. Kamino displays almost all of the locations we see in the series and clearly is set in TCW Season 3 with the Trident Assault ships. Felucia gets a prominent village/farm like we have in TCW.

We are way further than just some winks. And that's because only 2 films out of 3 really cover the Clone Wars.

As far as ST is concerned, there is still lots of inspiration to take from the films themselves before getting into Resistance I believe.

Really do want to see OT get the same treatment with Rebels, the Marvel Comics, the Mandalorian, etc.

For ST, while some people might not agree, I'd take a Batuu map over Kijimi.
    That took less than 10 seconds of looking. And that vid is a year old. New unita were introduced since then.

Shall we compare how many armor variants there are for the Republic and the FO? Gee I wonder which is more creative and ORIGINAL
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

Phasma and Finn.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• ROMG4
    4726 posts Member
    edited March 22

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

Phasma and Finn.

Since Launch as I already said. You can barely even count Finn and Phasma at that since they were pulled from the game in order to tie in with the TLJ season that came only 2 weeks after launch
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
    That took less than 10 seconds of looking. And that vid is a year old. New unita were introduced since then.

Shall we compare how many armor variants there are for the Republic and the FO? Gee I wonder which is more creative and ORIGINAL

Lol 1000 same looking clone skins are sure original.
  • lowell wrote: »

pyg1j4tw7iob.png

zbfzqzte7o61.png

7k850jm6qrhr.png

Optional rank insignia:

urhey3wrfwof.png

rxndapp484rh.png

c4mg8jtjov8a.png

SCUBA trooper

Tech trooper

Oh right. I forgot about that.
  • CeymalRen
    1803 posts Member

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

Phasma and Finn.

Since Launch as I already said. You can barely even count Finn and Phasma at that since they were pulled from the game in order to tie in with the TLJ season that came only 2 weeks after launch

Yeah it's basically since launch. The only heroes that are in any way different from the saber spammers are BB8 and BB9E. That's just sad.

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

Phasma and Finn.

I mean, Technically after launch.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• ROMG4
    4726 posts Member

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

Phasma and Finn.

OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending

hxaub4tjrbb8.jpeg

giphy.gif

And I will continue to

Phasma and Finn.

Lmao. 2 weeks after launch is after launch.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• ROMG4
    4726 posts Member
    @IXPrometheusXI Since you are so finicky with exact numbers tell me, how long has it been since they were added, how many months and years?
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
    @IXPrometheusXI Since you are so finicky with exact numbers tell me, how long has it been since they were added, how many months and years?

After launch

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• ROMG4
    4726 posts Member

After launch

Count your birthdays and the distance inbetween them, account for the remaining excess time by adding or subtracting them and you have the answer
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • CeymalRen
    1803 posts Member

After launch

Yeah k. Almost since launch.

After launch

Count your birthdays and the distance inbetween them, account for the remaining excess time by adding or subtracting them and you have the answer

After Launch

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• CeymalRen
    1803 posts Member

After launch

After Launch

Focusing on the reall issues as always I see.

After launch

After Launch

Focusing on the reall issues as always I see.

What‘s the issue on moving away from st? Issues are the countless bugs, bad communication, updates that break more than they fix, bad balancing, and on and on ... at the bottom of the list is the: what Era content do we get ...
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/