criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HvV is the worst it has ever been

Prev1
Why am I not surprised? The brain dead Vader buff is the actually not the worst thing. The hit boxes are completely broken, lag everywhere I go, block fails and the worst thing: every one gets staggered out of their abilities when hit. Grievous can now only use his swings basically and obis push is useless against bb9e and will get you killed. What a mess. Dice has failed. I am actually surprised that there is no huge outrage. Perhaps we all already accepted that this team can’t give us a proper game... thank you. I won’t play hvv until the next update.

Replies

  • Peepzilla
    1053 posts Member
    edited February 14
    I've been having a lot of fun in HvV latey. Oddly enough, it feels a little more balanced. Still a long way to go, though, but I see light side pulling out better games now.

    That said, hit detection and ability glitches are at its worst Anakin's heroic might is so broken that it can literally render him useless in several occasions.
  • maggiorestronzo
    150 posts Member
    edited February 15
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Why am I not surprised? The brain dead Vader buff is the actually not the worst thing. The hit boxes are completely broken, lag everywhere I go, block fails and the worst thing: every one gets staggered out of their abilities when hit. Grievous can now only use his swings basically and obis push is useless against bb9e and will get you killed. What a mess. Dice has failed. I am actually surprised that there is no huge outrage. Perhaps we all already accepted that this team can’t give us a proper game... thank you. I won’t play hvv until the next update.

    I've been saying that HvV is the worst it has ever been since the launch of the Celebration Edition. The total lack of SBMM has reduced HvV to crap. Now all these things you said, on which I agree 100% too.
    At least it certainly can't get any worse, so let's wait for some update.
    Post edited by maggiorestronzo on
  • MC_XIX
    2427 posts Member
    It's an absolute mess right now. I've just discovered that getting stun locked out of abilities is worse than ever before. Fun fact: one light saber swing disables Chewie's ground slam, Han's shoulder charge, and Kylo's Frenzy. Seriously, try using any of these abilities and watch your character get stunned out of it instantly by a single saber strike.

    Chewie is even more mediocre now. He can't activate ground slam in any situation except against blaster villains. Kylo gets instantly knocked out of Frenzy by every light side character saber swings, meaning he can't deal any significant damage. It's ridiculous. I've started using Boba as my main villain again just to escape the mindless carnage on the ground; at least with Boba I can rain fire from above with some degree of skill and precision required, and feel rewarded for my effort, as opposed to smashing the R2 button.

    Vader needs a significant balance tweak. Get rid of his CC immunity & damage reduction during Choke since he can block now, but increase damage during Focused Rage to 150 so he can one-shot troopers.

    Grievous UA doesn't work properly anymore, which is quite significant for him Vs Luke & Anakin Spamwalker.

    The list is endless!
  • Yea it's terrible, THE LAG, staggers, all of it.

    On the other hand seeing Villains getting their abilities cancelled/stopped warms my heart cause it's something that happens to LS heroes (those who don't have cc immunities) on a daily basis ;v

    Unfortunately it affects Lightside even more so it's bad after all.
  • yup - saber strikes staggering opponents out of abilities is horrible
  • Cant remember where I read this and watched videos with proof , but HvV has been a total pooch screw. Someone mentioned that lower level heroes or villains have no issues with mopping the floor with enemies of higher levels. The past few nights I have noticed this myself. My 40+ characters are getting slaughtered with ease by characters that are sub level 10 with gray star cards, while I rock all max level cards and can barely hit them, or my hits just arent registering. It seems Dice is giving the middle finger to those who put in a lot of time and effort into getting their characters up in level, and favoring those lower level players.

    After last nights mess of 3 rounds I played, I do not even want to play that mode any more.
  • Kamykatz
    312 posts Member
    edited February 15
    towerr wrote: »
    Cant remember where I read this and watched videos with proof , but HvV has been a total pooch screw. Someone mentioned that lower level heroes or villains have no issues with mopping the floor with enemies of higher levels. The past few nights I have noticed this myself. My 40+ characters are getting slaughtered with ease by characters that are sub level 10 with gray star cards, while I rock all max level cards and can barely hit them, or my hits just arent registering.

    I've noticed this quite a bit, too. Amazing how quickly some one-digit level characters are able to melt you.


    + 9000 to all the other issues raised in this thread. HvV has definitely taken another step downwards in its decline. When playing as BB8, for instance, I activate cable spin, it does some damage to surrounding players, then I get hit, the ability is reset and I can activate it again. Happened most times when I used it in a larger crowd while getting hit by enemies, sometimes even twice.
  • Psy3d
    1154 posts Member
    Well LS now feels like playing dark souls SW for HvV...lags, glitches, abilities being duds and then there's the ball and now Vader. I had extra sweaty session just to beat a lvl 30 Vader+ball tag and keep my killstreak with Anakin....that ain't right. Plus the balls are way too easy mode for HvV when a party is on.
  • It's a terrible patch for HvV. Being stun locked out of defensive abilities is mode breaking.
  • the mode has become a stun fest because it's the only way DICE knows how to balance the characters, and absent objective play or massive overhaul of every hero there's nothing else to do
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's
  • I noticed.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

    72aob7b857pp.png
  • Right now I'm in a love/hate relationship with HvV... there are games in which the new stagger mechanics really flow with the match, rewarding player skill and timing. The "counter" mechanic for saber combat is much stronger now (with his high block stamina, I can finally play Obi-Wan in the way he's portrayed kkkk). On the other hand, it gets quite annoying when you're in 2/3v1 situations, where the enemy team just spam attacks/abilities and there's nothing you can do because you're staggered into oblivion.

    Also, it's just me or someone else noticed inconsistencies in the hitbox and hit-detection lately? We always had these issues, but it seems worse than before (ex. Yoda's reach appears to be the same as "human-sized" characters... sometimes he's 1m away for the target when the hit lands, accurate for a regular sized character but weird for the small-framed Yoda).
  • ROMG4
    4699 posts Member
    Nah HVV hit it's peak terribadness during mid 2018 to fall 2019

    Still this is pretty bad. Luckily it doesn't affect me in the slightest because I got Destiny 2 and Mortal Kombat 11 to play while DICE "tries" to get these bugs fixed for the next 6 months
    3pe1o9.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

    Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • when has this mode ever been balanced? lmao
    Check out my combat guide
    H/V Tutorial

    "Remove the stagger from the game"
    adha7fa0seyg.gif

  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Nah HVV hit it's peak terribadness during mid 2018 to fall 2019

    Still this is pretty bad. Luckily it doesn't affect me in the slightest because I got Destiny 2 and Mortal Kombat 11 to play while DICE "tries" to get these bugs fixed for the next 6 months
    3pe1o9.gif

    Right, just yesterday I was getting frustrated with HVV because of hackers, and stacked lobbies. Then I remembered, there's like 200 games in my steam library I haven't even played yet.
    I'm Sorry Dice. It's not you, it's me. We can still be friends.

  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Fun fact: one light saber swing disables Chewie's ground slam, Han's shoulder charge, and Kylo's Frenzy. Seriously, try using any of these abilities and watch your character get stunned out of it instantly by a single saber strike.
    Kylo gets instantly knocked out of Frenzy by every light side character saber swings, meaning he can't deal any significant damage. It's ridiculous.

    The list is endless!

    Totally agree. I have basically given up using Kylo because his abilities simply don't activate so much of the time - you hit one of them which would have saved you, it does nothing, and by the time you realise this you have been sliced like a sausage. Usually the icon flashes, indicating the game knows you have tried to use the ability, but no, it's decided it's not going to let you have it, so there.

    Cowards!
  • Kylos frenzy is borderline useless, even when it does work, i experience one hit and it stops or i end up 50ft in the air swinging at nothing. Glitch, after, bug, after glitch, after … etc
  • Agreed. Played a few rounds today and it feels horrible. Lag is ridiculous, and Vader feels way too strong. GG Dice.

    r3k2xv26m3q7.gif
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

    "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak


  • Sath
    363 posts Member
    edited February 17
    A hardcore mode without any abilities maybe. Just guns/sabers, blocks and rolls/dashes.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Vader is super easy to kill in HvV. With any character. Vader isn’t OP. He’s in a good place

    Is your goal to hit 1000 insightfuls?
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Vader is super easy to kill in HvV. With any character. Vader isn’t OP. He’s in a good place

    So either you or your opponents are very bad at this game. Or both...
  • TjPunx
    1858 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Vader is super easy to kill in HvV. With any character. Vader isn’t OP. He’s in a good place

    So either you or your opponents are very bad at this game. Or both...

    I’m playing as blaster hero’s wrecking Vader, and other glow stick holders. If you play the character correctly Vader is one of the easiest to take down.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Vader is super easy to kill in HvV. With any character. Vader isn’t OP. He’s in a good place

    So either you or your opponents are very bad at this game. Or both...

    I’m playing as blaster hero’s wrecking Vader, and other glow stick holders. If you play the character correctly Vader is one of the easiest to take down.

    Doesn’t matter if your personal experience is having an easy time statistically and factually Vader is the most OP choice at the moment
  • Debating whether its fair for grevious and vader to have 600-800 dmg combos and still be in close range. who can come close to that on the LS if at all?
    Check out my combat guide
    H/V Tutorial

    "Remove the stagger from the game"
    adha7fa0seyg.gif

  • SadderJoker
    2470 posts Member
    edited February 17
    Flamez wrote: »
    Debating whether its fair for grevious and vader to have 600-800 dmg combos and still be in close range. who can come close to that on the LS if at all?

    Ani with Ret is the only LS hero that comes close to those combos.

    Chewie and Lando can also do high damage with their stuns in CQC. But, those heroes are free kills without said stun, so it’s a trade off.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • I believe you are correct in that HvV is the worst it has been & why are more people not saying anything.

    I endured this ridiculous stamina system that is tied into the amount of swings. No one really seemed to care, it just seemed more fair than to endlessly swing away I guess, even though you are usually under attack consistently by multiple opponents.

    I endured getting ripped off by the XP system. Having played several characters and classes at max levels for so long, THEN after about two years they raise the max levels to 1,000.

    Despite all this, the updates and communication got better. However, their urge to constantly tinker and stir the pot culminated with this addition of the BB's as heroes. BB-9E, a minor "character " from TLJ is now a full time villain. Droids, who are support units, are now "heroes". From what I've seen, hardly anyone complained or said anything, just accepted it. Meanwhile they go pat themselves on the back for how brilliant they think they are, and I'm feeling like I just got violated. Why is nobody saying anything?? I've seen long time players just roll with it, and normally they would be destroying this move. People are complaining about everything, but not this?? BTW, these topics I mention are all subjects they avoid in all of their expanded communication with us...and the BB's were not even mentioned in the latest survey.

  • .......with this addition of the BB's as heroes........... From what I've seen, hardly anyone complained or said anything, just accepted it. Meanwhile they go pat themselves on the back for how brilliant they think they are, and I'm feeling like I just got violated. Why is nobody saying anything?? I've seen long time players just roll with it, and normally they would be destroying this move. People are complaining about everything, but not this?? BTW, these topics I mention are all subjects they avoid in all of their expanded communication with us...and the BB's were not even mentioned in the latest survey.

    Where have you been most of the community is complaining about BB8 and BB9 in HvV...........the devs have just chosen to ignore us.
  • Flamez wrote: »
    Debating whether its fair for grevious and vader to have 600-800 dmg combos and still be in close range. who can come close to that on the LS if at all?

    Ani with Ret is the only LS hero that comes close to those combos.

    Chewie and Lando can also do high damage with their stuns in CQC. But, those heroes are free kills without said stun, so it’s a trade off.

    yeah but with all the nerfs to anakin to help large scale game mode they've really hobbled him because it's super easy to negate or cancel those moves before they do anything to anyone.

    I mean playing as anakin lately in HvV I feel like I get stuck in retribution and heroic might because someone hit me mid animation and I can't fully get out of the animation to return to blocking and attacking. I'm stuck for the next minute or so until the game resolves the state that I'm in.
  • .......with this addition of the BB's as heroes........... From what I've seen, hardly anyone complained or said anything, just accepted it. Meanwhile they go pat themselves on the back for how brilliant they think they are, and I'm feeling like I just got violated. Why is nobody saying anything?? I've seen long time players just roll with it, and normally they would be destroying this move. People are complaining about everything, but not this?? BTW, these topics I mention are all subjects they avoid in all of their expanded communication with us...and the BB's were not even mentioned in the latest survey.

    Where have you been most of the community is complaining about BB8 and BB9 in HvV...........the devs have just chosen to ignore us.

    Where have I been? Around enough to see the "community" is not as vocal against this as they should be. Next Jar Jar Binks as hero!

    It's simple, I've played the game over two years. If you feel strongly enough about it then walk away and don't play. That's what I've done, and I've taken extended breaks before. If done correctly then the OT/ Rogue One update will bring me back for that mode. I refuse to play HvV ever again with the BB's as heroes. This is not a "goodbye" post to bait someone to troll me, I'm keeping tabs on what's going on. I've said it before, If enough people stop playing they'll pay attention and do something about it. If people keep playing and as those characters then it's status quo as always.
  • I’ve boycott using any BB unit, they were a waste of time and resources.
  • People play HvV? XD
  • I’ve boycott using any BB unit, they were a waste of time and resources.

    Well, they can come top in a game of HvV so I would dispute that.
  • I’ve boycott using any BB unit, they were a waste of time and resources.

    Well, they can come top in a game of HvV so I would dispute that.
    So can Leia, haha, so what
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • TjPunx
    1858 posts Member
    edited February 20
    Well most of the community [Removed - CM] and moaned about the TS, when all they needed to do was close the bugs allowing you to go into the walls, and now you have the mess that is HvV now
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • its in a rough state, infuriatingly rough state, seems their hit detection fix only seemed to fix it actually detecting hits, can only get killed by the saber whos 10 ft away, swinging the other direction so many times before you question why you play
    ppxq6xz1oqaz.gif


    Cant spell Windu, without win....
    Windu for BF2 2020
  • .......with this addition of the BB's as heroes........... From what I've seen, hardly anyone complained or said anything, just accepted it. Meanwhile they go pat themselves on the back for how brilliant they think they are, and I'm feeling like I just got violated. Why is nobody saying anything?? I've seen long time players just roll with it, and normally they would be destroying this move. People are complaining about everything, but not this?? BTW, these topics I mention are all subjects they avoid in all of their expanded communication with us...and the BB's were not even mentioned in the latest survey.

    Where have you been most of the community is complaining about BB8 and BB9 in HvV...........the devs have just chosen to ignore us.

    Where have I been? Around enough to see the "community" is not as vocal against this as they should be. Next Jar Jar Binks as hero!

    It's simple, I've played the game over two years. If you feel strongly enough about it then walk away and don't play. That's what I've done, and I've taken extended breaks before. If done correctly then the OT/ Rogue One update will bring me back for that mode. I refuse to play HvV ever again with the BB's as heroes. This is not a "goodbye" post to bait someone to troll me, I'm keeping tabs on what's going on. I've said it before, If enough people stop playing they'll pay attention and do something about it. If people keep playing and as those characters then it's status quo as always.

    It's really hard not playing my Palpatine for some time. Him and a few other Heroes are the sodium my body needs to provide the salt to other players 😩
  • I personally used to enjoy the target system in HvV. I felt that it made the game a little more tactical and I enjoyed that it wasn't just a deathmatch. The only problems were the people running constantly and people who kept reaching areas hard/impossible for other people. I think if targets were given a sprint speed nerf (or disabled jetpack for Boba Fett) things would have been fine

    I dont mind HvV as it is today, it's fine. I do kinda think it's missing something, and while I don't think it's the worst it's ever been (you can actually finish a game now with full teams and without idle players), I think a few things should maybe change.

    If someone said "Okay, make any balance changes you want", I would probably start with:

    Vader: Small health reduction and making his lightsaber throw return to his hand immediately when blocked.

    Palpatine: Slightly slower time between jumps and a dodge distance nerf.

    Boba: Replace his jetpack with a standard Jumptrooper's (so no hovering or real flying, just jumping, but with 3 charges)

    Grievous: Remove his ability priority so he can be interrupted using his claw rush and unrelenting advance a few seconds after activating them (but not immediately), and only by some hero abilities. Increase stamina a little.

    Maul: I'd revert him to a pre-block state so he's a purely offensive character again. Spin attack should pierce block and have slightly higher damage.

    Kylo: I'd slightly buff his frenzy so it activates and hits more reliably without interruption.

    Phasma: Small weapon damage increase.

    Iden: Slight reduction in Droid Shock cooldown.

    Rey: Dash Strike should pierce block

    Luke: Slightly reduced damage from push and repulse (though this is more for GA than HvV)

    Anakin: Remove Passionate Strike's ability to pierce block, but reduce its cooldown slightly.

    Yoda: Slightly increase saber damage.

    BBs: Improve saber tracking against them (it seems to ignore them sometimes). Remove their recovery when pushed.

    I think it would work well, though it would probably need to be changed as needed.
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I personally used to enjoy the target system in HvV. I felt that it made the game a little more tactical and I enjoyed that it wasn't just a deathmatch. The only problems were the people running constantly and people who kept reaching areas hard/impossible for other people. I think if targets were given a sprint speed nerf (or disabled jetpack for Boba Fett) things would have been fine

    I dont mind HvV as it is today, it's fine. I do kinda think it's missing something, and while I don't think it's the worst it's ever been (you can actually finish a game now with full teams and without idle players), I think a few things should maybe change.

    If someone said "Okay, make any balance changes you want", I would probably start with:

    Vader: Small health reduction and making his lightsaber throw return to his hand immediately when blocked.

    Palpatine: Slightly slower time between jumps and a dodge distance nerf.

    Boba: Replace his jetpack with a standard Jumptrooper's (so no hovering or real flying, just jumping, but with 3 charges)

    Grievous: Remove his ability priority so he can be interrupted using his claw rush and unrelenting advance a few seconds after activating them (but not immediately), and only by some hero abilities. Increase stamina a little.

    Maul: I'd revert him to a pre-block state so he's a purely offensive character again. Spin attack should pierce block and have slightly higher damage.

    Kylo: I'd slightly buff his frenzy so it activates and hits more reliably without interruption.

    Phasma: Small weapon damage increase.

    Iden: Slight reduction in Droid Shock cooldown.

    Rey: Dash Strike should pierce block

    Luke: Slightly reduced damage from push and repulse (though this is more for GA than HvV)

    Anakin: Remove Passionate Strike's ability to pierce block, but reduce its cooldown slightly.

    Yoda: Slightly increase saber damage.

    BBs: Improve saber tracking against them (it seems to ignore them sometimes). Remove their recovery when pushed.

    I think it would work well, though it would probably need to be changed as needed.

    How you say 2 people should go through blocks but trash passionate strike shouldn't. Phasma melts with her blaster & you want a buff? Oh boy
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I personally used to enjoy the target system in HvV. I felt that it made the game a little more tactical and I enjoyed that it wasn't just a deathmatch. The only problems were the people running constantly and people who kept reaching areas hard/impossible for other people. I think if targets were given a sprint speed nerf (or disabled jetpack for Boba Fett) things would have been fine

    I dont mind HvV as it is today, it's fine. I do kinda think it's missing something, and while I don't think it's the worst it's ever been (you can actually finish a game now with full teams and without idle players), I think a few things should maybe change.

    If someone said "Okay, make any balance changes you want", I would probably start with:

    Vader: Small health reduction and making his lightsaber throw return to his hand immediately when blocked.

    Palpatine: Slightly slower time between jumps and a dodge distance nerf.

    Boba: Replace his jetpack with a standard Jumptrooper's (so no hovering or real flying, just jumping, but with 3 charges)

    Grievous: Remove his ability priority so he can be interrupted using his claw rush and unrelenting advance a few seconds after activating them (but not immediately), and only by some hero abilities. Increase stamina a little.

    Maul: I'd revert him to a pre-block state so he's a purely offensive character again. Spin attack should pierce block and have slightly higher damage.

    Kylo: I'd slightly buff his frenzy so it activates and hits more reliably without interruption.

    Phasma: Small weapon damage increase.

    Iden: Slight reduction in Droid Shock cooldown.

    Rey: Dash Strike should pierce block

    Luke: Slightly reduced damage from push and repulse (though this is more for GA than HvV)

    Anakin: Remove Passionate Strike's ability to pierce block, but reduce its cooldown slightly.

    Yoda: Slightly increase saber damage.

    BBs: Improve saber tracking against them (it seems to ignore them sometimes). Remove their recovery when pushed.

    I think it would work well, though it would probably need to be changed as needed.

    The only actual reason I miss the targeting system is because it's now 10x more difficult to lure someone to the walkways in the Naboo palace hangar for me to shove them off of.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

    72aob7b857pp.png
  • TjPunx
    1858 posts Member
    Too many sweaty potatoes weren’t good at learning how to fight, instead of saber spamming. It showed in viewers lost to the streams, and they decided to complain on Reddit, and here. EA listened to the vocal minority, and took away TS, when all they needed to do was patch the wall glitches
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Why am I not surprised? The brain dead Vader buff is the actually not the worst thing. The hit boxes are completely broken, lag everywhere I go, block fails and the worst thing: every one gets staggered out of their abilities when hit. Grievous can now only use his swings basically and obis push is useless against bb9e and will get you killed. What a mess. Dice has failed. I am actually surprised that there is no huge outrage. Perhaps we all already accepted that this team can’t give us a proper game... thank you. I won’t play hvv until the next update.

    Just played several rounds, & I feel the frustration. Terrible experience that only left a bad taste in my mouth. Have to walk away from HvV for a bit, it was just.... a mess.
Sign In or Register to comment.