criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New Menu Concept

Benomaleno_
39 posts Member
edited February 16
So I like most people have found the new format for the multiplayer menu to be quite uneven as of late, with Galactic Assault being pushed to the 'more' tab, it really feels like the gamemode is getting abandoned alongside Extraction, Strike etc.

So what could they do to fix it? I think the answer is not only simple, but very easy to implement. Bring back the multiplayer menu format from Star Wars Battlefront (2015).Attached is my concept art for this updated menu (it's my first time doing this sort of thing, so apologies if it's not the best, but I think it conveys the idea pretty well).

With a menu like this, all gamemodes are at the forefront. Nothing is prioritised as more important, it is all alphabetised. It's still just as easy to get to your desired gamemode, and this way gamemodes that have been left in the dirt like Blast are now at the forefront of the multiplayer menu, I can almost guarantee that if players can actually SEE
every gamemode, then they're more likely to PLAY every gamemode. It's also an impressive way to show off just how many gamemodes this game has to offer, and it would be a neat way to bring back popular gamemodes like 'Jetpack Cargo' back in to the game.

For gamemodes such as Supremacy this icon can act like somewhat of a tab that then leads you in to the era select menu.

Let me know what you guys think! It took me a lot of work so I hope you all like it!

EDIT:
There could be multiple options to organise this menu to best suit your preferred game modes:
- Alphabetical
- Player size lowest - highest
- Player size highest - lowest
- Most played (adjusts to modes you play most)

jo69cz4hqiyv.png
Post edited by Benomaleno_ on

Replies

• Agree... It's a more "fair" menu.
  • Genin wrote: »
    Agree... It's a more "fair" menu.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking. It would only take 5 clicks/moves to get to any one gamemode which is pretty much how it already works with the existing tab system.
  • So I like most people have found the new format for the multiplayer menu to be quite uneven as of late, with Galactic Assault being pushed to the 'more' tab, it really feels like the gamemode is getting abandoned alongside Extraction, Strike etc.

So what could they do to fix it? I think the answer is not only simple, but very easy to implement. Bring back the multiplayer menu format from Star Wars Battlefront (2015).Attached is my concept art for this updated menu (it's my first time doing this sort of thing, so apologies if it's not the best, but I think it conveys the idea pretty well).

With a menu like this, all gamemodes are at the forefront. Nothing is prioritised as more important, it is all alphabetised. It's still just as easy to get to your desired gamemode, and this way gamemodes that have been left in the dirt like Blast are now at the forefront of the multiplayer menu, I can almost guarantee that if players can actually SEE
    every gamemode, then they're more likely to PLAY every gamemode. It's also an impressive way to show off just how many gamemodes this game has to offer, and it would be a neat way to bring back popular gamemodes like 'Jetpack Cargo' back in to the game.

For gamemodes such as Supremacy this icon can act like somewhat of a tab that then leads you in to the era select menu.

Let me know what you guys think! It took me a lot of work so I hope you all like it!

jo69cz4hqiyv.png

Not bad.
  • I actually really enjoy this concept, I really hope they take inspiration
  • I actually really enjoy this concept, I really hope they take inspiration

Thanks so much!
  • I like it
  • I like it but I would pick a different order.

First line: Supremacy, GA, SFA, Blast
    Second Line: HvV, HS, HSF
    Third line: Strike, Extraction, Ewok Hunt, Cargo
  • I like it. With this are you imagining the homepage being more cinematic like BF2015, then?
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • anidriX wrote: »
    I like it but I would pick a different order.

First line: Supremacy, GA, SFA, Blast
    Second Line: HvV, HS, HSF
    Third line: Strike, Extraction, Ewok Hunt, Cargo

This defeats the whole purpose of having the menu like this. If you have it in an order like that you’re still prioritising certain game modes rather than fairly displaying all of them. If it’s alphabetised then game modes like blast can get a better following as it’s the first option. Having lines like this is basically the same as the tabs.