criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Are cosmetic Mods visible to other players / are they allowed in online play?

FragileExpress
1 posts Member
edited February 15
Hi basically I've been looking to find a way to get the Rey & Kylo pre-order skins but alas they do not come with the Celebration Edition (I'm a PC player and can't find a copy of the elite trooper deluxe edition anymore).

I was just wondering, are mods that change existing skins into other skins that are already in the game legal under EA's terms?

Also

A mod that swaps Rey's "Scavenger" skin with the "Jedi Training" Pre-Order Bonus skin - Will this mod show up on other peoples games in multiplayer or do the skin changes strictly only happen client side (To the person who is playing it)

Replies

• Hi basically I've been looking to find a way to get the Rey & Kylo pre-order skins but alas they do not come with the Celebration Edition (I'm a PC player and can't find a copy of the elite trooper deluxe edition anymore).

I was just wondering, are mods that change existing skins into other skins that are already in the game legal under EA's terms?

Also

A mod that swaps Rey's "Scavenger" skin with the "Jedi Training" Pre-Order Bonus skin - Will this mod show up on other peoples games in multiplayer or do the skin changes strictly only happen client side (To the person who is playing it)

No.
  • CeymalRen
    1784 posts Member
    edited February 15
    But if they are cosmetic only I doubt you will get banned.
  • people have reportedly been banned for (allegedly) cosmetic mods, ymmv. real cheaters however ....
  • FragileExpress
    1 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Just wondering if skin swaps with existing in-game skins are visible to other players in-game?