criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II - The Age of Rebellion Update

Replies

• Well I’ve checked on Google to see what time central European time is in England and it said 9 am
  • Well I’ve checked on Google to see what time central European time is in England and it said 9 am

this is dependend on your platform, it starts at 10(?) for PC I guess, then PS4 at 11 and then Xbox on 12... it is all slightly delayed
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Why isn’t Bespin in CO-OP? Bespin is the best OT map.
  • They are finally starting to recycle weapons from the 2015 game... wonder how long it will take for more weapons lol
    Another 1-2 years??
  • Looks incredible! Love the update! Well done.
  • Starmasui73146
    2032 posts Member
    edited February 29
    Ben (F8RGE) Walke, EA DICE Community Manager said
    Deployment Times ⏰
    🕘 PC - 9am UTC, 1am PST, 2am MST and 4am ET (Wednesday)
    🕙 PS4 - 10am UTC, 2am PST, 3am MST and 5am ET (Wednesday)
    🕚 Xbox One - 11am UTC, 3am PST, 4am MST and 6am ET (Wednesday)

📐 Estimated File Sizes 📐
    📏 PC - 6.37GB
    📏 PS4 - 4.29GB
    📏 Xbox One - 5.44GB

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Great update, thank you. I will test it tonight.
  • I might get a little bit too hopeful here, but they actually adjusted Starfighter Assault regarding hero ships and fixed an issue in it AND recently commented "more" on upcoming starfighter threads ... could this be an indicator for some "starfighter love is good love" ? @Genin what do you think?

Except that change made it worse.
  • Daddyfatsaks10
    1 posts Member
    edited February 26
    {redacted}
  • How in the name of H*** did you just release an update titled "age of the rebellion" without adding age of the rebellion to supremacy?? This is actually silly. It still just feels like the original trillogy is an afterthought for this game...
  • Frequill wrote: »
    How in the name of H*** did you just release an update titled "age of the rebellion" without adding age of the rebellion to supremacy?? This is actually silly. It still just feels like the original trillogy is an afterthought for this game...

You do know that’s coming next month right?
    Some of my personal favorite topic's:

Reinforcement concepts: "Knight" class
      Hero concepts: Jyn & Krennic | Sabine, Hera & Thrawn
    • Just curious, can anyone tell me how many gbs the update is? I'm at work hoping it finishes before i get home.

PC - 6.37GB
      PS4 - 4.29GB
      Xbox One - 5.44GB
      “There is always hope.”
    • No Bespin in Co-Op mode??? What is hapenning here?
    • jonci
      1355 posts Member

Ewoks fun to electrocute with Palps, though they do need a buff.
      Needs more AI seems waiting times r long for re attacks
      What have you done to chewwy his blaster seems worse
      Ewoks need a buff they r so slow on attacking
      New weapons heavy one is far too long in cooldown (havnt tried the others yet)
      Leias grenades dont seem to do much
    • Thanks Devs for adding OT to Co-op! I had gotten a little bored with the current heroes, and needed to level up some new ones, which I couldn't do since I don't play GA or Supremacy often.

I do wish there would be weapons added to the game outside of blasters, but it's still nice to see new additions.

Looking forward to playing against the new AI BOTS with the changes.
      "Peace is a lie"
    • Great update!~

Is it possible to ever get a RADAR on Star Fighters!?! Who flies a star fighter with no RADAR! It would make Star Fighter way better. Just slip the radar in the bottom left of screen and it would vastly improve the quality of life for tat mode. Please.

Also on Heroes vs. Villains, there is some kind of video glitch at the opening screen on Death Star II. The evil character on the far right when looking at the screen is always standing inside the ship graphic and is either partially blocked or fully blocked if BB-9E.
    • PurgeTrooperX38
      1 posts Member
      edited February 26
      Hey could we get that obi wan voice line and victory pose event that happened in December back sometime down the line , i have no clue how i missed it but some how never saw anything regarding that event, and i usually make those events a priority.
    • Will fire up again to play this, primarily because it’s my favourite era and also because officer got some love. Now time for you to look at trooper star cards and change the redundant ones into something more useful.
    • These updates are all great and all, but, could you please, with a heavy emphasis on please, could you somehow create a fix for the state of hackers or otherwise players that compromise the enjoyability of this game for everyone. I know it's probably easier written (said) than done, perhaps easier ways of reporting players that wipe out an entire team with one shot kills in the span of thirty seconds with a drop down feature that lists the hack and the player that you guys can look into or something. On the flip side I know people would probably abuse that feature if it was created, like if they were losing, or hated a player, but I am sure you guys could figure a way to workaround that. Keep up the wonderful work, thank you for reading this far (if you read the response)

Regards.
    • alsayno
      1 posts Member
      edited February 26
      CO-OP is my favorite, so this update fits perfekt >:) Thank you!

xsyn23ibqwri.gif

• The new reenforcements look so cool!
      I clicked on the wrong forums help
    • Why T21 still disabled after 50+ kills with heavy ? In gane i have alert about weapon open, but cant use it.
    • Guille92h wrote: »
      I don't like ewoks, but let's not forget why i posted here, i only ask you for one thing, please Dice add Ashoka Tano to BF2 in future updates with the Clone Wars season 7 is the right moment, at least tell us if she is planned or not, i've even been saving credits lately in case Ashoka comes to the game with CW S7, there are a lot of people asking for it and a lot of hero concepts of her out there.

By the way, sorry for spamming with Ashoka, i know that is completely unrelated to the OT update.

Edit: I forgot, thanks for the new content, it is always welcomed.

I hate the ewok hunters they suck
    • This is a really good update. Great work @F8RGE.

Except... Ewoks? As reinforcements?

*sighs*

I played with the ewok hunters they suck ****. I don't know why people defend the ewok as a infiltrator?
    • Is anyone else on Xbox One dealing with the game Crashing before it even loads to the main menu when you try to boot up the game?
    • Hi, I love the new update (Would have preferred to see the dark trooper as the imperial infiltrator and a bothan for the rebels. I do love the ewok but having them on anywhere but endor feels a little odd. Regardless that's a person thing and nothing extremely important) I will say that the AI rebels on both Hoth and Endor still have their Tatooine appearances rather than the appropriate ones for the planet.
    • anyone seen any ai vehicles in coop?
      anyone been able to find a game of capital ships in coop?
    • I hope the annoying force ability dodge will be fix.
    • Congrats! one of the best updates. Thanks for HUD customization, this is really appreciated.
      It's nearly perfect, if you have time :)
      - small objectives icons with no text (when aiming at them) OR objectives only on minimap
      - more options for tag names: one would be to only have the red/blue/yellow dot. Today it's all or nothing.
    • Thanks, Dice. You the best.
    • Love this update, thanks a lot for the hardwork!
    • Now this is an update! Well done team! This is the kind of content I paid for :)
    • Looks really good. Only complaint would be that the agent sound rather underwhelming. I love the idea of playing an agent but it just seems like their abilities are copy paste from other reinforcements like x ray, charged shot and buffs. Doesn't seem that unique.

Everything else sounds great though. Amount of maps coming is very nice and i can't believe we're finally getting new weapons. I would have taken bothan spy over ewok but it still seems unique enough so i don't mind too much. Not bad at all.
    • Loving almost everything about the update, very good job!

The only thing that I don't like is the change to the ARC Trooper. The faster rate of fire mode is nowhere near as fast as I could fire his pistols before (I'm on PC, so maybe a mouse can fire faster than a controller), so the change is a massive nerf as the damage per second output is now way less than it used to be. Maybe there could be an option for whether you want to use the "full auto" fire mode function, or the old "one click one shot" fire mode.

Again, everything else in the update is really good, but I prefer the old ARC trooper gunplay over the new by a lot.
    • Jett_Fett_91166
      4755 posts Member
      edited February 27
      deleted
      Post edited by Jett_Fett_91166 on
    • Thank you guys for new content,
      Hoping for clone wars update soon
      P.s. new heroes is a must-do
    • PLEASE READ THIS. I JUST WANNA SAY THANKYOU

my god this update is amazing! and can i jjust say WOW to Co-op mode.
      its like you guys sat around and thought...... how can we actually FEEEEEL like a battlefront. epic chaos of war and my goodness.... i just played jabbas palace with Rebels and my mind is blown. with the music placement and perfect placing of map capture points and ect wow. i love how you guys added soo many new maps and an entire 6 options for co-op is phenomenal not counting the fixes thats been made and even all the new reinforcements. ALSO. thankyou JESUS for new weapons. i've been playing this since the Begigning/gambling fiasco and wow ive just been saying.. wheres the guns? the main people became so boring to play.. its like they were just a means to get reinmforcement or heroes. so thankyou for new ones!

honestly just wanna say thanks for the stuff. the work is amazing and you guys deserve so much praise for turning this game into a full fledge star wars Beast Game. if it released brand new for the first time in the state that its in now... my god you guys would've wont he whole gaming world over for sure

thankyou!
    • i will say as i noticed someone else say it. the change to the ARC Trooper... feels like a huge nerf for me as a PC player. also! the cool quirk of him to me was how creative and individual he felt witht he fact that you litterally can control his indivual guns. it really feels like you ARE the arc trooper. the auto isnt bad... but its not as fun or feels "Special/ Sets him apart". thats really my one complaint.
    • Fabulous Update ._.Keep it coming guys! Hats off to you all for your hard work. Thank you
    • Loving the new update, at last in Co-op I have the chance to complete Luke's 'get 5 with your push' challenge!!!

The Ewok Hunter is great fun to play too, especially in Co-op, and the new maps are a great addition.

The only bit I think might need tweaking is that playing as an Ewok on Co-op, I didn't seem to be getting 'playing the objective' points, but was with other characters.

But, it's all good, thanks a ton for the new content!
    • jonci
      1355 posts Member
      These updates are all great and all, but, could you please, with a heavy emphasis on please, could you somehow create a fix for the state of hackers or otherwise players that compromise the enjoyability of this game for everyone. I know it's probably easier written (said) than done, perhaps easier ways of reporting players that wipe out an entire team with one shot kills in the span of thirty seconds with a drop down feature that lists the hack and the player that you guys can look into or something. On the flip side I know people would probably abuse that feature if it was created, like if they were losing, or hated a player, but I am sure you guys could figure a way to workaround that. Keep up the wonderful work, thank you for reading this far (if you read the response)

Regards.

Virtualy every game last night aim botters i have rerported 6 lol
    • Cant wait to play it
    • Princess Leia and Iden wow changes make a difference, I leveled both of them 3 levels each, in one game of Co-Op each! (DOUBLE XP) they kick butt now !!! You can throw the thermal detonators to upper levels as well for crowd control for Leia, and I dont hate Iden's Pulse Rifle as Much LOL, I unlocked 3 of 4 new weapons, new OT has great Choke points especially in Jabba's Palace and you can just recycle people with an assault trooper, an A280, an acid launcher, and an Improved scan dart. I can't wait for triple XP this weekend, going to Level up Heroes!!!
    • Amazing update for the most part. I love the new weapons and co-op maps. My only complaint is the ewoks, they're fun to play sure but ewoks aren't part of the rebellion. They're an ally of convenience defending their own home in one battle of the war. They wouldn't leave to fight elsewhere. Personally I was hoping for the bothan spy as the infiltrator for the rebels. The ISB agent is fitting for the role and fun to play as well. Not what I had in mind, I imagined shadowtroopers myself, but I love the reinforcement so far.

• Amazing update for the most part. I love the new weapons and co-op maps. My only complaint is the ewoks, they're fun to play sure but ewoks aren't part of the rebellion. They're an ally of convenience defending their own home in one battle of the war. They wouldn't leave to fight elsewhere. Personally I was hoping for the bothan spy as the infiltrator for the rebels. The ISB agent is fitting for the role and fun to play as well. Not what I had in mind, I imagined shadowtroopers myself, but I love the reinforcement so far.

Yup, Totally agree. Ewoks have no place fighting alongside the rebels other than on Endor. They are NOT in the alliance! Bothan Spies should have been the new option but theres also Drabatan Saboteurs, Rebel Pilots and I'd replace The Wookie Warrior (should be kept to the Clone Wars) with either a rebel shock trooper (ie, Cara Dune) or an Iakaru/Gigoran Gunner. I am overall happy with the update but I cant help but feel they are rushing this and taking the easy way out with the Ewoks (and also not including capital ships in supremecy mode next month).
    • KaijuWorld wrote: »
      Love everything (Finally some new weapons), but please please PLEASE don't make the Ewok warrior available on every OT map, only Endor. Having the Ewoks available on every map is even worse the Wookie problem...

Yeah dude totally agree. I can see the Wookies in the Clone Wars but they shouldn't be in the OT content. So many other options for DICE to chose from but they take the easy way out. Ewoks are a big no no for me outside of Endor. Seeing them on the Death Star and Hoth is just the most jarring thing and even more insane than seeing Rey Chopping down battle driods in Galactic Assault.
    • KaijuWorld wrote: »
      Love everything (Finally some new weapons), but please please PLEASE don't make the Ewok warrior available on every OT map, only Endor. Having the Ewoks available on every map is even worse the Wookie problem...

Yeah dude totally agree. I can see the Wookies in the Clone Wars but they shouldn't be in the OT content. So many other options for DICE to chose from but they take the easy way out. Ewoks are a big no no for me outside of Endor. Seeing them on the Death Star and Hoth is just the most jarring thing and even more insane than seeing Rey Chopping down battle driods in Galactic Assault.

I mean, the cross era heroes are not a problem to me seeing as it is in GA, but I can see where you are coming from. I hope the Ewoks are only placeholders until we get something like Bothan spies. Then again, seeing the Ewoks on other planets doesn't annoy me as much as I thought they would so for me at least, they can stay for now.
      Some of my personal favorite topic's:

Reinforcement concepts: "Knight" class
        Hero concepts: Jyn & Krennic | Sabine, Hera & Thrawn
      • The Arc Trooper is completely broken now please revert back to original
      • OK, dumb question....how do I know if its been updated? I hadn't played it for a week and when I booted it up it did not have any messages about an update...what do I look at/game do I play to know its installed. Thanks.
      • I'm loving the upgrades. But I'm still wondering why no Jedi Starfighters for Anakin & Obi Wan? It would be a simple case of re -colouring Yoda‘s fighter if you went for the bare minimum . Same with Jango Fett and Rex, just cosmetic dlc for Boba and the clone enforcer if nothing else . Please do this , It's screaming for these simple additions!