criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Tutorial for H/V

Flamez
315 posts Member
edited February 29
Is it too much to ask for a tutorial to teach players the basics of teamplay? Every game is a curb-stomp because nobody(exaggerating here) has the fundamentals down.
Can we please get emotes or way-markers so we can communicate on console. Maybe more in game tips.

When someone enters H/V for the first time they should have basic knowledge on not what to do, like blocking your teams gunshots, force pushing ppl miles away, fighting 1v4s etc...
and what they should be doing instead like, huddling together and protecting blaster heros.

Hate to bring up the past but the target system had more incentive to stay as a group since you had to protect something. There's no incentive to group up now and the lightside requires more teamwork; which is why they always lose. perhaps there should be role system to indicate what players should be doing when they pick a character like support/tank/dps. or give a description on the strengths and weakness of a character so they know what to play around... Big deal
Check out my combat guide
H/V Tutorial

"Remove the stagger from the game"
adha7fa0seyg.gif

Post edited by Flamez on

Replies

• Darth_Vapor3
    4933 posts Member
    edited February 28
    @Flamez Objective gameplay. That what the mode needs. Like you say, the old Target System had much better incentivized teamwork. When runners weren’t spoiling the match of course. HvV needs a new objective based ruleset. If it had one, you would see the teamwork skyrocket. TDM is the most remedial ruleset available. Consequently, it breeds the same level of teamwork.
  • OcDoc
    2159 posts Member
    @Flamez Objective gameplay. That what the mode needs. Like you say, the old Target System had much better incentivized teamwork. When runners weren’t spoiling the match of course. HvV needs a new objective based ruleset. If it had one, you would see the teamwork skyrocket. TDM is the most remedial ruleset available. Consequently, it breeds the same level of teamwork.

Agree.

It inherently lacks focus just by way of rule set alone. To add to the problem the spawns tend to spread you out even more.

As much as it has always been an issue and always will be, I can at least say that I have observed improvement in teamwork over time. Maybe it’s just because I play a good bit 10pm and later wen I figure it is mostly adults or older kids, but I do notice improvement.

But again, I am a proponent of adding an HvV mode with objective play. Doing so would focus combat and make strategy more easily discernible.
  • OcDoc wrote: »

Agree.

It inherently lacks focus just by way of rule set alone. To add to the problem the spawns tend to spread you out even more.

As much as it has always been an issue and always will be, I can at least say that I have observed improvement in teamwork over time. Maybe it’s just because I play a good bit 10pm and later wen I figure it is mostly adults or older kids, but I do notice improvement.

But again, I am a proponent of adding an HvV mode with objective play. Doing so would focus combat and make strategy more easily discernible.

Yes, and it would also allow for blaster heroes to have a solid role again.
  • I totally agree, we need objective gameplay in HvV. TDM gets boring fast, and it promotes stomping.

But then these devs seems to hate any form of competitiveness in their game. They change the rules all the time, refuse to make a rank system, refuse to match people of same skill against each other.

And the BUGs that come in every patch always ruin an aspect of HvV. At this point I think it's hopeless. The best mode this game has to offer, the one which could create a whole community only dedicated to its competitiveness, and yet these devs don't think this is a smart idea. They must not like working at this game at all, this is the only conclusion I can come up with.

They are honing their skills, creating assets, creating mechanics, many stuff which will be useful for them later (or already are as BFV is being constantly updated). But truly liking to work on this game? I'm starting to doubt it. Catering only to the most voiced concerns and requests, putting effort into things nobody wants for their own reasons, majorly tweaking everything everytime to the point balance doesn't seem to be the goal but randomness, removing well stablished features that were in the game for years either labeling them as BUGs or not saying anything at all.

Maybe they don't stand working on this game anymore and want nothing to do with any idea of allowing it to live for a long time. HvV has a tremendous potential, but devs don't want to take advantage of that.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tired of BUGs?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel , there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)